• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Grand Theft Auto IV thread: The World Is Yours

Weenerz

Banned
I finally got drunk earlier as well and it was so fucking funny. As soon as the game loads, Niko stumbles over nothing on the sidewalk and falls over :lol

Tiduz

Eurogaime
Weenerz said:
I finally got drunk earlier as well and it was so fucking funny. As soon as the game loads, Niko stumbles over nothing on the sidewalk and falls over :lol

i found out you can balance him as well, as soon as you see him leaning slightly correct him in the other correction and he wont fall :lol

Esperado

Jimmy Stav said:
I'm going to be having to make a decision between
Dwayne and Playboy...What do you recommend

I'm in the same boat.

Ended up making my decision on the basis that Playboy asked me to kill first. I don't know if it helps or not.

MMaRsu

Hey what's the music when your with strippers? When they give you a lapdance...help me I love one song but don't know what its called

dagZ

Jimmy Stav said:

Kill Dwayne and get $25000, Kill Playboy and get his apartment. Also, I believe Dwayne will give you missions later in the game. I killed Playboy, and think I made the right decision.

38% done... my god this game is amazing. It might be the best game I've ever played. My one and only gripe so far is that it doesn't reward exploration at all. There are no secret items/weapons/armor for bothering to climb buildings or reach hard-to-get-to spots.

disappeared said:
38% done... my god this game is amazing. It might be the best game I've ever played. My one and only gripe so far is that it doesn't reward exploration at all. There are no secret items/weapons/armor for bothering to climb buildings or reach hard-to-get-to spots.
There are 200 pigeons and 50 stunts to find, though.

I have yet to successfully get into a cab.

I hail them with (LB) and then a message pops up saying to hit (Y) to enter the cab as a passenger. The first time I tried to enter the cab I was too close to the driver's side when I hit (Y) so I jacked the car instead - but every single time since I haven't been able to do anything BUT jack the cab, no matter where I am when I hit (Y). And if I'm a few feet away when I hit the button I run towards another car instead.

Is this happening to anybody else? Heh - I haven't gotten a single legal cab ride yet :p

NullPointer said:
I have yet to successfully get into a cab.

I hail them with (LB) and then a message pops up saying to hit (Y) to enter the cab as a passenger. The first time I tried to enter the cab I was too close to the driver's side when I hit (Y) so I jacked the car instead - but every single time since I haven't been able to do anything BUT jack the cab, no matter where I am when I hit (Y). And if I'm a few feet away when I hit the button I run towards another car instead.

Is this happening to anybody else? Heh - I haven't gotten a single legal cab ride yet :p

Don't tap "Y" hold "Y".

Defcon

Banned
MMaRsu said:
Hey what's the music when your with strippers? When they give you a lapdance...help me I love one song but don't know what its called

There are several different tracks playing in the strip club. Are you thinking of Ne-Yo "Because of You?"

Also, try using ZiT.

BirdFlu

Banned
Does anybody know where I take the car I found for Stevie? He sent me a text with the location and a picture of the car he wanted and I got it, but there's no info on where he wants me to take it

t4ng0

dagZ said:
Kill Dwayne and get $25000, Kill Playboy and get his apartment. Also, I believe Dwayne will give you missions later in the game. I killed Playboy, and think I made the right decision.
i've heard stuff about having to kill PBX later to keep him from talking to the cops about Packie- this only happens if you kill Dwayne obviously

Kolgar

MMaRsu said:

I was astounded to hear Goldfrapp during one lap dance. Can't remember the exact song, but I think it was something off the wonderful Supernature album. Perfect! :)

WrikaWrek

Banned
Hell do i know. Because the artwork was too hot to pass on? heh. Maybe the lolichick was supposed to be the Irish dude's sister, but Rockstar decided to replace her with Katie, the fat, old looking, ugly as sin i "don't want to date your ass stop calling me goddamnit shit" character.

I've finished the game.

I'm just pissed that i still haven't found the freaking suit with the white tie that i've seen on the GT videos, goddamnit.

blanky

ElyrionX said:
Also, regarding Katie:

Do I really have to date her? Is it part of the game's advancement? What is her perk anyway? I think she's ugly so I would rather just avoid the whole date thing and not waste my time

Yes she's part of the story. I don't know what happens if you don't date her, i said no once or twice but nothing bad

WrikaWrek said:
Hell do i know. Because the artwork was too hot to pass on? heh. Maybe the lolichick was supposed to be the Irish dude's sister, but Rockstar decided to replace her with Katie, the fat, old looking, ugly as sin i "don't want to date your ass stop calling me goddamnit shit" character.

I've finished the game.

I'm just pissed that i still haven't found the freaking suit with the white tie that i've seen on the GT videos, goddamnit.
I think it might be a pick up item? I maen I went to coloney island and found a tourist shirt there.

WrikaWrek

Banned
GhostRidah said:
I think it might be a pick up item? I maen I went to coloney island and found a tourist shirt there.

If so. Shit.

City is way to big to search for a pick up item.

I like to go to the strip club with that song playing -> "Gonna fridge you, fridge you hard, fridging fridge you", some stuff like that.

WrikaWrek

Banned
Pimpbaa said:
What is her perk? I hate that crazy bitch.

Her perk is to tell you to go take a nap.

She think she's funny. I tapped her ass. Oh and i've said before people, but tap the Law Chick's ass, she has the best perk, and she will send you some of those cellphone images that are so popular with kids these days.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
Pimpbaa said:
What is her perk? I hate that crazy bitch.

Yeah, Carmen is/was a fucking bitch, i tried to date her, and on my first date, she kept talking shit to me on the way, and i had enough :lol

So i just went crazy and drove right into the sea and i jumped out of the car right before, "BAILING OUT BITCH" style, and she got pretty mad, i never saw her again :D

Oh and
kidnapping Grace was so much fun :lol :lol one of the most lol worthy mission

dalin80

Banned
Jimmy Stav said:

I killed
dwayne, after which pbx contacts me to say i had essentially just killed his 'farther and tells me to feck off
then i went and checked my emails and i had a mail from
dwayne, saying how great it was for him and nico to be friends and how much he appreciated him

felt so guilty, i chose poorly :-(

WrikaWrek

Banned
GhostRidah said:
I just got a succesful bangin on kiki (law chick) Whats he her perk? guessing something to do with getting arrested.

You can kill half the city and get away with it.

dalin80 said:
I killed
dwayne, after which pbx contacts me to say i had essentially just killed his 'farther and tells me to feck off
then i went and checked my emails and i had a mail from
dwayne, saying how great it was for him and nico to be friends and how much he appreciated him

felt so guilty, i chose poorly :-(

Yeah. I'm gonna start a new game now, and kill the other one.

Maggot9 said:
kill the one guy counting the money in the office, then just run straight outside and chase the other two, they'll be together in an SUV.

Undressed to Kill was very difficult until I read that. Thx.

Kinda of a weird setup of how you have to do that although because of the random nature of the chase it turned out pretty epic when the cops killed them for me because they arrived on the scene and shot the aggressors. So sweet.

dfyb

Banned
is anyone else's rank being reset like every day? isn't the rank supposed to be cumulative and keep leveling up? i was 2 the first day i played MP, 1 yesterday, and now i'm back at zero...

painey

Himuro said:
There's some tall ass tower in Meadow Park (located in northern Dukes). I climbed about 5 sets of ladders, and wow. I've never climbed such a tall building in a game. It reminded me of MGS3 when you beat The Fury, except times 5.

I did the same, spent all that time climbing up and theres fucking nothing there! Total let down.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Is that one of those saucer top things near the steel globe in the park (i.e. MIB movie part)? Yeah, if it was, that's a tall, tall climb.

MMaRsu

dfyb said:
is anyone else's rank being reset like every day? isn't the rank supposed to be cumulative and keep leveling up? i was 2 the first day i played MP, 1 yesterday, and now i'm back at zero...

how do you see whast ur rank is

Top Bottom