• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Grand Theft Auto IV thread: The World Is Yours

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Uno Ill Nino said:
I think you only get the options for "player match" or "ranked match". I'll look again though. If you guys say its there then its gotta be there. Thanks for the help, everybody. Now nobodys callin' me a "nigga" but me! :lol

Is there not an option for Custom Matches on the 360? The only two for PS3 are Quick Match and Custom Match.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
BenjaminBirdie said:
No Ranked?

That's an Xbox Live thing. Every game must include Ranked Match and Quick Match.

I think Quick Match uses the ranking system whereas custom match just throws you in with whoever.

Narcosis

Weenerz said:
You're the fucking alpha male, man. You take what you need and I love it!

I really wish they had a "slap the shit out of him" button for that character :lol

Well, this sucks, I can't play this game anymore until they patch it. Hopefully they'll fix this shit soon. And I was just starting to get the hang of driving.....

NJ Shlice

Early in the game spoiler, Less than 10hrs of play:

I felt so bad for Roman, all his shit getting burned up. But how is he gonna get mad at Niko?? The second I got off the boat Roman was throwin' me into shit!!

Mooreberg

is sharpening a shovel and digging a ditch
BenjaminBirdie said:
Boy, I'm just starting on the McCreary missions and the X/Dwayne missions and they're quickly becoming way more involved than a simple, "Sit down and play for 20 minutes" type mission.

The amount of driving makes some of the later missions looooong. They use the drives to have the characters talk about stuff. I don't mind driving that is relevant to the mission but a lot of times you are driving a good distance from where the mission is assigned to where the action actually starts to take place. I'm just glad they finally did auto saving after missions, if I lost my weapons after a mission I completed because somebody hit me walking up the safe house I'd get extremely pissed.

Are all of the side missions like Brucie's races still available after you beat the main campaign? I haven't had the option of finishing Roman's taxi jobs
since his first place got torched
. Time to see if Phil will actually dodge bullets.

Wizpig

Narcosis said:
Well, this sucks, I can't play this game anymore until they patch it. Hopefully they'll fix this shit soon. And I was just starting to get the hang of driving.....
Why?
What happened?

Mooreberg said:
The amount of driving makes some of the later missions looooong. They use the drives to have the characters talk about stuff. I don't mind driving that is relevant to the mission but a lot of times you are driving a good distance from where the mission is assigned to where the action actually starts to take place. I'm just glad they finally did auto saving after missions, if I lost my weapons after a mission I completed because somebody hit me walking up the safe house I'd get extremely pissed.

Are all of the side missions like Brucie's races still available after you beat the main campaign? I haven't had the option of finishing Roman's taxi jobs
since his first place got torched
. Time to see if Phil will actually dodge bullets.

I don't mind driving at all, really. It's missions that have lots of tiers and requirements, getting clothes, going to TW@, waiting for emails and stuff. Not just something you can hop into a cab and do in fifteen.

Dabanton

Loving the game so far just started the second island and have just started doing missions for
Playboy X

The whole vibe of the game is so downbeat especially the
executions

Finally starting to get the hang of the shooting controls did that mission with
playboy X where you have to clear the construction yard
and they finally clicked properly.

Great game.:D

Cedeo

gta3_character_8ball_02.jpg

Does this guy from GTA III remind you of
Dwayne

So what are everyone's fave songs from the radio stations? Mine are:

"Flashing Lights" -Kaye West
"Bump N Grind" -R. Kelly
"Get it Shorty" -

I really wish there was a heavy metal station, or a progressive metal station. I'd kill for some Symphony X in there. Maybe something more mainstream like "Bodies" from Drowning Pool or something too.

And where the hell is my Radio Del Mundo? That Bollywood stuff in LCS was the bomb-diggity and the DJ there was awesome. I wish that station was in GTA4.

Also, I just recently discovered how awesome the republican spoof station is. Totally funny. Is that also the one with the show about the corrupt judge who's always trying to get women to blow him in order to win their trail?

Narcosis

ice cream said:
Anyone know any good places for GTA IV wallpapers?

http://www.rockstargames.com/IV/

Wizpig said:
Why?
What happened?

After trying every tactic available I can't get the game to keep from freezing after 4 tries. So yeah, if they fix that problem I'll gladly jump back in but until then I'm done with replaying the same 10-15 missions repeatedly.
But that's enough of my issues, there's a whole thread dedicated to that shit.

DMPrince said:
I don't know if i should like Roman or not. I laughed listening to Brucie. i did. he's awesome

Roman seems like a harmless guy, a bit annoying and needy, but not a bad person. Brucie though, wow..... he reminds me of this weird guy I knew in high school who everyone went out of their way to avoid talking to :lol

Wollan said:
$2.40 per liter is Norwegian price. And our economy is driven by oil (we're on and off #1 amongst living conditions due to the wealth it brings).

$2.40 US dollars per liter? That's over $9 a gallon. I knew European gas prices were higher but I didn't realize how much

Wizpig

Uno Ill Nino said:

"Bump N Grind" -R. Kelly
"Get it Shorty" -

I really wish there was a heavy metal station, or a progressive metal station. I'd kill for some Symphony X in there. Maybe something more mainstream like "Bodies" from Drowning Pool or something too.

And where the hell is my Radio Del Mundo? That Bollywood stuff in LCS was the bomb-diggity and the DJ there was awesome. I wish that station was in GTA4.

Also, I just recently discovered how awesome the republican spoof station is. Totally funny. Is that also the one with the show about the corrupt judge who's always trying to get women to blow him in order to win their trail?
Rock Station
Jazz Station

BeeDog

BeeDog said:
In the first
Playboy X
mission you're supposed to use one of them elevators to ride up on a roof. So far I've only encountered that one, and it's a cool thing. Does other large buildings in the game have these kinds of elevators, or is that the only one?

Anyone?

Dabanton said:
Loving the game so far just started the second island and have just started doing missions for
Playboy X

The whole vibe of the game is so downbeat especially the
executions

Finally starting to get the hang of the shooting controls did that mission with
playboy X where you have to clear the construction yard
and they finally clicked properly.

Great game.:D

I agree with you there, Deconstruction for Beginners is where I first really got the hang of the new shooting and cover system.

X26

Banned
Linkzg said:
wow, the perks for dating lovemeet women are awesome. Totally worth putting up with their bullshit.

They seem to go away fast though if you ignore them. For one of them they have a fondness of over 90%, but because I've been ignoring them, no perk. Sucks because health boost = awesome

X26 said:
They seem to go away fast though if you ignore them. For one of them they have a fondness of over 90%, but because I've been ignoring them, no perk. Sucks because health boost = awesome
Wait, the health boost works for you? I've never fucking gotten that bitch to heal me.

X26

Banned
Son of Godzilla said:
Wait, the health boost works for you? I've never fucking gotten that bitch to heal me.

A few times, then the last time I tried I was at like 1/4th health with a few stars and she gave some line about not paying attention to her and didn't help. I ended up dying. Bah.

careksims

Gah had my first annoying mission and I can't seem to pass it
...I'll taker her Mission. How do you fight off the bitch so she won't serve the car so much. So annoying!

Any tips?

Edit: NM the moment I ask, I passed the damn mission.

Son of Godzilla said:
I'm pretty sure that's the only song on that station.

nah. there's 7. too bad we can't get anymore songs on there. i tried to set it all to my social club with Zits but the thing isn't working properly :lol

Xater

Ok I just played with through the story (well the credits are rolling right now). I have two questions:

Well I decided that I get my revenge on Dimitri and Kate dies. What happens if I work with him?

Did I forget something or was the storyline with Bulgarin not tied up? I remeber him fleeing from the scene where he was after the diamonds but nothing after that.

Anybody else doing the car jobs for Stevie? I'm on the third car and can't find it for shit. It's a Buccaneer and is supposedly in the Industrial area, but I've been driving/walking around it all fucking night and can't find it. Can anybody help me out with this?

Uno Ill Nino said:

"Bump N Grind" -R. Kelly
"Get it Shorty" -

"Hip Hop (Remix)" by Joell Ortiz - The Beat
"Zombie" Fela Kuti - IF99

Costanza

Banned
did I skip meeting Badman or something? Little Jacob just calls me to do stuff with him and there were never any more missions.

X26

Banned
Costanza said:
did I skip meeting Badman or something? Little Jacob just calls me to do stuff with him and there were never any more missions.

Should have seen him in atleast one cutscene when doing little jacob missions, you can also meet him on the street somehwere

Barrett2

Help!

I set up an
online date with the lawyer woman, (can't remember her name), I pick her up, take her out to eat, and she tells me she had a terrible time. I have no way of contacting her again.
Did I just miss out on this storyline entirely? ;_;

X26

Banned
lawblob said:
Help!

I set up an
online date with the lawyer woman, (can't remember her name), I pick her up, take her out to eat, and she tells me she had a terrible time. I have no way of contacting her again.
Did I just miss out on this storyline entirely? ;_;

no, but you'll have to e-mail them again. I did the same thing because it was the closest place :lol

Top Bottom