• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Grand Theft Auto IV thread: The World Is Yours

neoism

neoism said:
O.k Please help I'm on another little Jacob side mission I think its the last one. I have to deliver a package to the EAST ISLAND CITY TUNNEL, I get to the yellow way-point but nothing is there, is this a glitch. Is the guy suppose to be there!! please help !

sorry to ask again I found the guy under the road and finished the mission but is this the last one because I call little Jacob and he has no more delivery jobs and I didnt get the achievement. Is there more.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
neoism said:
sorry to ask again I found the guy under the road and finished the mission but is this the last one because I call little Jacob and he has no more delivery jobs and I didnt get the achievement. Is there more.

The last Jacob mission doesn't give you a crap car to drive in, but a cool van with the jamaican flag colours. The mission itself is taking out a couple of guys at the destination. Have you done that one yet? That was the final one for me.

Ecto311

I searched this thread and I must suck at it or this hasn't been asked:

I try and go to multiplayer with the phone and it says my account doesn't have the right permissions to play? I have a gold account and I'm 25yrs old.. I cant think of anything else that would be stopping me.

Darunia said:
fuck :( yeah I only had half my health with no armor so it didn't take long for them to get me. That was such an adrenaline rush, I wish I would've made it in my first go :(
there's a health pack next to the stairs on the way up.

Sean

Banned
Anyone have tips for the first mission from
Gerry McReary, where you have to chase a motorcycle on your motorcycle. The mission is "I Need Your Clothes, Your Boots, and Your Motorcycle". Dude is so fucking fast and maneuverable, he turns down all these narrow side streets and makes sharp turns and shit....
It's hard enough just following him and getting anywhere close to him.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
God's Beard said:
there's a health pack next to the stairs on the way up.

yeah I got that one but iirc there's still an encounter before you make your way up... at least I remember losing health between the pack and the rise to the surface.

Why don't cheats work on Three Leaf Clover? I tried removing my star rating, didn't work :mad:

why use cheats, it's not that hard

Darunia said:
why use cheats, it's not that hard

Because I'm sick of having to make the drive to the bank over and over. I've died three times on it now and it takes about 15 minutes for me to get the subway every time and mess up and die.

Majmun

TheGreatDave said:
Because I'm sick of having to make the drive to the bank over and over. I've died three times on it now and it takes about 15 minutes for me to get the subway every time and mess up and die.

Use a cab.

TheGreatDave said:
Minor, barely spoilers
Go to the dating site, set up a date with LawyerChick. After like two dates you can call her any time to get rid of your wanted status.

As good as a cheat, but legit.

Sean said:
Anyone have tips for the first mission from
Gerry McReary, where you have to chase a motorcycle on your motorcycle. The mission is "I Need Your Clothes, Your Boots, and Your Motorcycle". Dude is so fucking fast and maneuverable, he turns down all these narrow side streets and makes sharp turns and shit....
It's hard enough just following him and getting anywhere close to him.
Just focus on manuevering. If you take it slow he will lag a bit. Pretty sure that's a shoot em down mission though, so uh... shoot em down.

Recoil

I beat it on my first try, and I suck. You really don't need cheats to beat it, trust me.

Go pick up some armor ahead of time, and take your time, take lots of cover. You'll do it fine.

Resorting to cheats is... :/

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
BobFromPikeCreek said:
Minor, barely spoilers
Go to the dating site, set up a date with LawyerChick. After like two dates you can call her any time to get rid of your wanted status.

just dated her a couple of times. She likes me up to 85%, but no perk yet. She's cool though, unlike uptight no fun Kate

Sean

Banned
TheGreatDave said:

There is a video showing how to beat this here (2nd one). I was using cover and trying to take it slow, ended up just getting swarmed from behind that way. After watching that video I changed my strategy and just kinda stood in the open and shot em all dead really quickly. That worked for me anyway....

Oh and stock up on supplies before that mission. Body armor & Uzi w/ full ammo is what I recommend (you get a gun but it'll probably run out of ammo before the mission ends).

Majmun

Yeah, I've finished it without cheats too. The missions aren't really frustrating, unlike the San Andreas missions.

Although I'm dying for new cheats to come out. The current cheats are boring. But damn, it took San Andreas months before new cheats arrived. That sucks. Can't someone just hack the cheats...

BobFromPikeCreek said:
Minor, barely spoilers

Small problem...I went on a date with her, and she hated me. Possibly because I took her to that shitty Italian place.

Can I try dating her again?

BirdFlu

Banned
100% question!

Just beat the game in 19 hours playtime. I'm going for 100% now but I was wondering, do I
need 100% for both Kate and Michelle? I can't exactly go back and do those. And if I have to go back and restart the game then I'm not gonna bother.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I have the 360 version, and I can't figure something out, hope someone can help.

How do you just aim your gun while driving? I know LB fires and let's you aim, but certainly there must be some way to just aim and not waste ammo, or did they stupidly leave this simple feature out?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Wow, missions have been annoying me lately. Kill a bunch of people, get your target, oh noez lose the police! Then repeat...having to get out of a 3 star circle after you were just in a hard shootout is making me less willing to do more missions but the story is the only thing really keeping me going.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
DrForester said:
I have the 360 version, and I can't figure something out, hope someone can help.

How do you just aim your gun while driving? I know LB fires and let's you aim, but certainly there must be some way to just aim and not waste ammo, or did they stupidly leave this simple feature out?

right stick.

oh wait you mean with reticule without firing? oh then I don't think there is one

dralla said:
Whose ability lets you buy guns?

spoiler to be sure (but you meet him very early on)

Jacob

Papercuts said:
Wow, missions have been annoying me lately. Kill a bunch of people, get your target, oh noez lose the police! Then repeat...having to get out of a 3 star circle after you were just in a hard shootout is making me less willing to do more missions but the story is the only thing really keeping me going.

THIS is when you use the cheats. F the bullshit.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Yes, because it's REALLY hard to get rid of three stars -_-

Holy shit, it's as if people WANT this game to end.

Seiken said:

But it's just shitty how if you die in that area (which can totally be something out of your control) you have to do the whole thing again.

I hate missions involving the police. I like my shit to be clean.

To repeat myself: is there any way to re-date a girl that had no interest in you after the first date? I want this Lawyer chick now.

skip

TheGreatDave said:
But it's just shitty how if you die in that area (which can totally be something out of your control) you have to do the whole thing again.

I hate missions involving the police. I like my shit to be clean.

To repeat myself: is there any way to re-date a girl that had no interest in you after the first date? I want this Lawyer chick now.

yeah, you can go back and setup another date with her.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Ugh, go out of town for a weekend, drag the 360 with me, TV is a flat panel with Component.....BUT it's a Hotel Menu System, where's the option to change input!!!! ACK, GTA WITHDRAWL....

skip said:
yeah, you can go back and setup another date with her.

She's not on the site at the minute. I guess it must be some kind of rotation.

I'll just date some other chick and leave her unsatisfied. Should be hard to pull off.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Seiken said:

Well, when you're near death and need to scrounge for a car and can't find one, yeah it's annoying. Chances are you'll get a crappy car, making it 10x harder to get away than it needs to be.

TheGreatDave said:
She's not on the site at the minute. I guess it must be some kind of rotation.

I'll just date some other chick and leave her unsatisfied. Should be hard to pull off.
Just keep refreshing the listings page. It randomizes who it displays each time.

I AM GENETICALLY SUPERIOR.

Fucking (BARELY) landed that Helicopter. But damn Brucie is stingy. Still at 56% after Copts AND a strip club.

My GTA4 Moment Of Amazement For The Day:

So, I got these two safehouses and they're not THAT far from one another, so I decide to take the subway to the other one. This is my first time down there, so I'm already blown away by the atmosphere of THAT. So I get off, look to my left, oh. It's Lincoln Center. Look to my right, well, looks like my Safehouse is on the other side of Middle Park.

So I walk there, through the park.

Remember how I said Algonquin wasn't as cool or interesting as Bohan or Broker or Dukes?

Laffs.

BobFromPikeCreek said:
Just keep refreshing the listings page. It randomizes who it displays each time.

I keep going to the page and getting the same 9 girls, just in a different order.

Benjamin, it took me ages to get Brucie to like me. Just collect the cars he wants, win races and take him on boat and Helicopter rides.

neoism

Darunia said:
The last Jacob mission doesn't give you a crap car to drive in, but a cool van with the jamaican flag colours. The mission itself is taking out a couple of guys at the destination. Have you done that one yet? That was the final one for me.

no I guess I'm done with his main missions I'm talking about his package delivery missions and I called to do some more and he said their wasn't any. Its the one where i delivered it to east island city tunnel under the road. ohh and I don't remember the one your talking about so I guess I haven't done it yet. but he will not let me! Do i have to get his like/respect up to a certain amount. it 70%/100% now!

Core407

Banned
TheGreatDave said:
I keep going to the page and getting the same 9 girls, just in a different order.

Benjamin, it took me ages to get Brucie to like me. Just collect the cars he wants, win races and take him on boat and Helicopter rides.

What is the reward for fully satisfying one of the friends?

Prvt.Pegleg said:
just took care of dimitri
(oh shut up all your "OMG SPOILERS!" peeps, we all knew this one was coming)

anyways
what do I do for roman's wedding day? no marker is coming up and I have no idea where the church is, plus kate wants me to drive her there. halp!

asshole confirmed

j-wood

BenjaminBirdie said:
I AM GENETICALLY SUPERIOR.

Fucking (BARELY) landed that Helicopter. But damn Brucie is stingy. Still at 56% after Copts AND a strip club.

My GTA4 Moment Of Amazement For The Day:

So, I got these two safehouses and they're not THAT far from one another, so I decide to take the subway to the other one. This is my first time down there, so I'm already blown away by the atmosphere of THAT. So I get off, look to my left, oh. It's Lincoln Center. Look to my right, well, looks like my Safehouse is on the other side of Middle Park.

So I walk there, through the park.

Remember how I said Algonquin wasn't as cool or interesting as Bohan or Broker or Dukes?

Laffs.

You can buy safehouses? Where? I've only gotten the ones the game has given to me.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
holy crap
FOUR LEAF CLOVER

has to be the hardest mission in the game, i know the strategy but still. Maybe its time to bust out a cheat for this mission if ill be stuck.

Top Bottom