• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Grand Theft Auto IV thread: The World Is Yours

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
The Peurto Rican Connection was a great homage to The French Connection. I love little things like that

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
Halvie said:
ruff rider mission is fucking retarded...oh boy I hope there are at least 20 more chase missions in this game....
Oh and maybe they'll add in chases of different modes of transportation! All kinds of fun could be ahead!@
Weenerz said:
HAHAHA Goodbye
Manny, you annoying mofo!
lol ya that part surprised the fuck out of me but man was it amazing.

NumberTwo

Paper or plastic?
HK-47 said:
The Peurto Rican Connection was a great homage to The French Connection. I love little things like that
I've noticed that a few of the missions pay homages a few of the film gems. There is a mission that you participate in a heist with Packie and his brothers. Clearly ripped from "Heat", you had to wear suits, and carry a satchel. The most intense mission I have experenced so far...

Zeke said:
I don't like Dwayne he's such a pity whore

dude, he called me saying "Did you just try and call me? I was in the shower and thought you did" . I'm just like "this is getting pathetic, ill take him out for a drink or something." Brucie is worse.

and I am getting a tad tired playing missions now. Last really great mission was over a dozen hours ago and all these missions are the same boring formulas over and over again. How many times do I need to chase the same invincible bastard to some random area until I can finally kill him? give me something interesting for once!

Topher said:
Same. I'm just tired hearing the bitching about it. I very much prefer the realistic weightyness of the cars. However, it's like people expect to pick it up immediately. In about 3 months, it won't even phase peope anymore. Anything worth learning takes practice.
There is defiantly a learning curve, but I think it was necessary. Seeing how this iteration of GTA is much more realistic on the whole, it's only natural for the vehicles to have more realistic physics. I think the new mechanics are a welcome edition and they allow each car to have their own unique character; where it the past it seemed like the only difference between cars was its top speed.

HK-47 said:

The first driver game was a great title because just about every mission in it was an homage to some great car chase scene.

NumberTwo

Paper or plastic?
Himuro said:
The vigilante missions own so hard now.
Yeah, I said the same thing a few pages back. They're awesome, huh? Perfect for perfecting your weapons skills. Beats the hell out of having to one after another after another after another in the same damn busted ass police car. Also the stupid time limit every time you left the car.

Zeke

Linkzg said:
dude, he called me saying "Did you just try and call me? I was in the shower and thought you did" . I'm just like "this is getting pathetic, ill take him out for a drink or something." Brucie is worse.
and I am getting a tad tired playing missions now. Last really great mission was over a dozen hours ago and all these missions are the same boring formulas over and over again. How many times do I need to chase the same invincible bastard to some random area until I can finally kill him? give me something interesting for once!
at least Brucie lets something funny slip out every once in awhile. Really I only hang out with Roman, kate, and
packie.
Weenerz said:
HAHAHA Goodbye
Manny, you annoying mofo!

yes thank god for that
easily one of the most annoying people in the game

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Anybody who did not play XBL tonight missed some EPIC SHIT.

Sorry I just left abruptly guys, my power randomly went out and I jsut said 'fuck it, I'm tired". but it was SO MUCH FUN. I've GOT to get an XBL subscriptino permanently now.

fistfulofmetal said:
Drunk Niko to a taxi: YELLLLOOW CARR!!!

I nearly died when he screamed that.:lol

My favourite is "MR MANNNN!"

Stoney Mason said:
Law chick is so awesome. She like finishes missions for me now with just a phone call. So nice.

I want to marry her.

:D

I'm working on her now. Fuck Kate.

Mooreberg

is sharpening a shovel and digging a ditch
Anybody try to hijack one of the tour helicopters that has another passenger in it? The guy got on to punch me out of the cockpit and then fell to his death. :lol

The McReary brothers missions are pissing me off. There's that one where you have to go to the apartment complex and somehow escape even though the cops are after you, the only way out is to kill them, and if you somehow manage to get out you have a 4-star wanted level and you're driving a dump truck.

Right now I'm nearly out of health on Waste Not Want Knots and the enemies are infinitely spawning. WTF.

SolidSquirrel said:
The McReary brothers missions are pissing me off. There's that one where you have to go to the apartment complex and somehow escape even though the cops are after you, the only way out is to kill them, and if you somehow manage to get out you have a 4-star wanted level and you're driving a dump truck.

Right now I'm nearly out of health on Waste Not Want Knots and the enemies are infinitely spawning. WTF.

The best advice to give you is to buy armour before you go in. And obviously try not to kill cops unless you have to.

NumberTwo

Paper or plastic?
fistfulofmetal said:
When you're driving a boat into the sun off the coast of Firefly Island.... it literally looks near life like.
You haven't seen shit yet. Do one of Brucie's boat tours at night and get a glimpse at lady happiness.

M3wThr33

Banned
Doing Little Jacob's odd jobs. #5 or so. Where is that one near the bridge? The auto-gps keeps putting me in a field below the bridge and I think the arrow's pointing down.

Cerrius said:
Just saw Katt Williams at the comedy club

EVERYDAY IM HUSTLIN :lol :lol

the animation is fantastic

Yeah, that act is so well done in game. I actually enjoyed watching it. By comparison Gervais was boring and seemed to be putting no effort in.

TheGreatDave said:
Yeah, that act is so well done in game. I actually enjoyed watching it. By comparison Gervais was boring and seemed to be putting no effort in.

Have you seen Ricky Gervais live? He doesn't jump around the stage.

Javaman

Iamthegamer said:
FAGGIO RACES FTMW

Real men drive faggios - FACT.

That was freaking awesome. Although I came in almost dead last, it was hilarious seeing someone ditch the faggio for a car and try to run everyone over. GT-Javamanjake

painey

"Welcome to Burger Shot MA FUCKAAAAAAAAA"

I think im getting near the end now which is sad, so I think ill try and do some more side missions before advancing the story. Yesterday me and my friend went in free roam and i took him in a chopper to central park to the fountain where we actually went last year, it was amazing. He hadnt unlocked manhattan so hearing him be stunned over voice chat seeing it for the first time was classic.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Javaman said:
That was freaking awesome. Although I came in almost dead last, it was hilarious seeing someone ditch the faggio for a car and try to run everyone over. GT-Javamanjake
I just hate how I was in 2nd the whole god damn time, I even made it through the road bloack of exploding cars near the end, and I missed the checkpoint, jumped off a bridge to make it and killed my self, then it spawned me in a place where there was no way I could get to the checkpoint at all.

other than that, it was in tense. More than one person who tried to run me off the faggio got what was coming to them.:D

sry bobfrompikecreek, sacrifices have to be made in cops n' crooks. SACRIFICES HAVE TO BE MADE.

Assassination
missions are so awesome.
I'm not sure how many there are, I only did about 5 or so, but most have ranged from "pretty good" to "badass Golgo 13 style shit". Going to the payphone and the guy giving you the target, going around back grabbing armor and a sniper rifle, then catching a cab down to the docks where I take a boat out to snipe someone on another boat is just badass. My other favorite kill was when I had to destroy a car and all I did was roll up in a taxi, take out my RPG, and blow an entire limo full of enemies into hell.

DoomGyver

Every time I try to play online I get an error message stating that "Lost connection to all/some players" I haven't played a single online match yet because of this.

Does anyone know what ports are needed to be open for GTA?

(ps3 version btw, NAT2 w/ upnp, all other online games work)

Top Bottom