• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Grand Theft Auto IV thread: The World Is Yours

Man, this game is really lacking in rewards. In past GTAs if you excelled in things like Vigilante missions you'd get something as a prize. I just finished the Most Wanted lists and all I got was an achievement. Crummy.

Eric WK said:
No, he does not count toward 100%. You won't get the achievement for meeting all of them, but there are four that do not count toward completion.

Killing
Ivan
screws me out of an achievement, and killing
Dwayne
doesn't screw me out of 100% completion, right?

NumberTwo

Paper or plastic?
BobFromPikeCreek said:
Man, this game is really lacking in rewards. In past GTAs if you excelled in things like Vigilante missions you'd get something as a prize. I just finished the Most Wanted lists and all I got was an achievement. Crummy.
Count your blessings you ungrateful bastard. I played the PS3 version and didn't get shit! :lol

Teknoman

Topher said:
Male Ped: "Damn you got some big ass titties"
Female Ped: "Yeah. I know. Thanks...."

:lol

Hey, does happen :lol

EDIT: Rockstar promised HOME and trophy functionality with GTA IV didnt they?

Xevren

Himuro said:
:(

You gotta be kidding me.

Maybe it's because you haven't unlocked the entire game?

You really dont get a lot of unlockables for completing the side missions. A couple of them you do but what you get is so small you'll never use it. All you get for the most part is achievements.

Ryuuga

Banned
Topher said:
Male Ped: "Damn you got some big ass titties"
Female Ped: "Yeah. I know. Thanks...."

:lol

*If a bum tries to fight you after bumping into him*

Bum: "Yeaaah c'mere! I'm going to knock you out then french kiss ya!

*male driver rejecting a hooker*

Hooker: "Mhm I can take down a whole lot"

Male driver: "Whooo... Bitch, I can smell your labia from here!"

Ryuuga

Banned
BobFromPikeCreek said:
I beat a bum to death earlier and he dropped like 300 bucks in cash. It's the most I've ever seen a normal ped drop so far. Weird.

:lol I'm still waiting for the day I see a bum walking around with a cellphone. I've already jacked an Infernus (Lambo knock-off) from a bum.

NumberTwo

Paper or plastic?
This game is ruining my life. I have 3 tests in the next two days, and what the hell am I doing. Playing this game and talking to you troublemakers!

BobFromPikeCreek said:
I beat a bum to death earlier and he dropped like 300 bucks in cash. It's the most I've ever seen a normal ped drop so far. Weird.

He was a god walking the earth as a comman man. You killed Zeus!

I kinda want to play through the game again this time at a leisurely pace and do the stuff I didn't do the first time around.

I also want to go back and beat Vice City though which I never beat although going back to old GTA style combat will be difficult.

Decisions...

j-wood

I just used the dating website to setup a date with "lawchick".

Problem is, when I took her out, I went to a restaurant blip on the map. Turns out it was a bar, and she said she wasn't in the mood for this. Took her back to her place, she said she didn't have fun, and that was the end of that.

She is no longer on the dating website, I don't have her number, and she doesn't have an icon on the map. Does that I there is no way now for me to date her to 100%?

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
My friend picked this up for PS3, and we've been playing non-stop the last two nights multiplayer. He's hooked...it's his first online multi game.

He was at some outing with his family, so I texted him that I was ready for gamin.

He calls: "DUDE you said 10:30!"
"Well sorry man, had some time earlier than I thought. I can wait."
"Nah man I left as soon as I got the text. I'll be home in like five. Invite me in five."

Whoa. :lol

Dude I'm in this cab and he's taking me to Packie's place.

This dude is fucking drunk or something. He keeps backing up and raming into the dude in front of him

Now he's going around the block. This is the second time.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
fistfulofmetal said:
Dude I'm in this cab and he's taking me to Packie's place.

This dude is fucking drunk or something. He keeps backing up and raming into the dude in front of him

Now he's going around the block. This is the second time.
I had 3 consecutive cabs drive liek total fucking idiots, slowly and driving into shit especially when I told them to hurry. The last guy fucking backed the cab into the building and SAT THERE DOING NOTHING. I was so frustrated ( I litrlly just wanted him to take me 2 blocks over, I didn't feel like jacking a car for a wanted level) i got out and shot the fucker to death and took my money back, drove the cab myself.

Iamthegamer said:
I had 3 consecutive cabs drive liek total fucking idiots, slowly and driving into shit especially when I told them to hurry. The last guy fucking backed the cab into the building and SAT THERE DOING NOTHING. I was so frustrated ( I litrlly just wanted him to take me 2 blocks over, I didn't feel like jacking a car for a wanted level) i got out and shot the fucker to death and took my money back, drove the cab myself.

you know you can skip the drive and go straight to your destination right by pressing X(or A for 360) right?

Ryuuga

Banned
dreamer3kx said:
you know you can skip the drive and go straight to your destination right by pressing X(or A for 360) right?

Yeah, we're all aware that we can skip. It's just more fun watching the cab drivers fail at their job.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
BobFromPikeCreek said:

i think there is more than one Most Wanted list...isn't there?

Attention GAFERS!!!

Please add the gamertag "GAFGTAIV" to your friendslist. This gamertag will act as a friend hub so we can all have an easy to get to list of gaffers wanting to play online with eachother. If such a gamertag hub already exists, my apologies. Just use the "friend of a friend" search to see who is on.

GT - GAFTAIV

Please spread the word.

Any Gaffers online tonight? I just played TD where I could talk to my team but no one could see anyone. We were shooting rockets in the projects and we could see each others explosions and shit, but couldn't see the character or take damage. My game froze loading the next game.

Weird.

riskVSreward said:
Any Gaffers online tonight? I just played TD where I could talk to my team but no one could see anyone. We were shooting rockets in the projects and we could see each others explosions and shit, but couldn't see the character or take damage. My game froze loading the next game.

Weird.

Add the gamertag "GAFGTAIV" to your friendslist and then use the "freind of a friend" search feature to view gaffers playing the game. I just made this so no one is on the list yet, but in a day or two I expect it to be full and working like a charm.

Ryuuga

Banned
BakedPigeon said:
Attention GAFERS!!!

Please add the gamertag "GAFGTAIV" to your friendslist. This gamertag will act as a friend hub so we can all have an easy to get to list of gaffers wanting to play online with eachother. If such a gamertag hub already exists, my apologies. Just use the "friend of a friend" search to see who is on.

GT - GAFTAIV

Please spread the word.

I believe there is one already. GAF goes to LC.

EDIT: Beaten.

Ryuuga

Banned
Halvie said:
Do you ever get to bang out
kate
? I have taken her on four dates now...come on already!

Hm, she was open extra hours for me after the second date. Where do you usually take her? Also, when you drive around with her do you run over people and drive recklessly? (sadly these are contributing factors)

davepoobond

so i have to kill Playboy X or Dwayne....which is the better route? i don't care for either really...

davepoobond said:
so i have to kill Playboy X or Dwayne....which is the better route? i don't care for either really...
I just did this a few minutes ago- I went with
Playboy. If you kill him, you get his apartment as a safe house. Killing Dwayne gets you $25,000.

Halvie

Banned
I just take her to the bar that is closest to her job. Don't really like the dating part of the game, but am wondering if doing her has any implications with other characters in the game....any suggestions on where to take her. There is only one
kate
in the game right?

davepoobond

UncleGuito said:
I just did this a few minutes ago- I went with
Playboy. If you kill him, you get his apartment as a safe house. Killing Dwayne gets you $25,000.

i assumed that would happen since there's the resident parking out front. looks like Playboy is going down because i'd much rather have a safehoue

Top Bottom