• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Grand Theft Auto IV thread: The World Is Yours

davepoobond said:
so i have to kill Playboy X or Dwayne....which is the better route? i don't care for either really...

kill Playboy X get an extra safe house and get Dwayne as a friend/missions
kill Dwayne get money

edit: me to slow

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
crap, i think i missed some story when i was running away after
killing Playboy X

the phone came up, but then it went back down cause i was tapping x a lot to run away from the cops. could anyone tell me what happens?

Zep

Banned
davepoobond said:
crap, i think i missed some story when i was running away after
killing Playboy X

the phone came up, but then it went back down cause i was tapping x a lot to run away from the cops. could anyone tell me what happens?

He calls Dwayne and tells him it's done and Dwayne tells him to take the penthouse.
I know his perk is being able to call for backup.

allreal

allreal said:
questions regarding the end
so i decided to kill dimitri. and what an awesome gangster ass shit mission that was:D. if you decide to work with him is it the same outcome? are only kate/roman pegerino/dimitri switchd? or is it a completely different mission? deciding whether to play through it again.

question regarding cellphone
can you listen to the radio on the cellphone? wasnt that one of the features? or did i read something wrong?

anybody?

UncleGuito said:
I just did this a few minutes ago- I went with
Playboy. If you kill him, you get his apartment as a safe house. Killing Dwayne gets you $25,000.
Woah! I made the right choice!
I actually went to kill Dwayne first, but reloaded my save and killed Playboy out of pity. Dwayne just paced around telling me to get it over with. His only protection was a cracked out guy with a bat.

Attention GAFERS!!!

Please add the gamertag "GAFGTAIV" to your friendslist. This gamertag will act as a friend hub so we can all have an easy to get to list of gaffers wanting to play online with eachother. If such a gamertag hub already exists, my apologies. Just use the "friend of a friend" search to see who is on.

GT - GAFTAIV

Please spread the word.

Fuzyfrog

j-wood said:
I just used the dating website to setup a date with "lawchick".

Problem is, when I took her out, I went to a restaurant blip on the map. Turns out it was a bar, and she said she wasn't in the mood for this. Took her back to her place, she said she didn't have fun, and that was the end of that.

She is no longer on the dating website, I don't have her number, and she doesn't have an icon on the map. Does that I there is no way now for me to date her to 100%?

I did the same thing
Anyone have an answer?

Choc

Banned
Guys how do you listen to the radio on the cell phone to get radio while walking?

I heard this is one of the features in the EGM preview i think.

Fuzyfrog said:
I did the same thing
Anyone have an answer?
Apparently you can date her again. I fucked up with Carmen though and I can't find her on love-meet anymore.
Choc said:
Guys how do you listen to the radio on the cell phone to get radio while walking?

Sadly, that feature got cut at literally the last minute.

Choc said:

You can not. If they said that was a feature they were lying or it got cut.

davepoobond

i think he means the ZIT thing where you can dial a phone number and it'd tell you what is on the radio right now as you are listening

davepoobond

should i be able to call Dwayne and hang out with him after that plot point? Cause I'm wondering now if because i didn't listen to the phone conversation i can't pursue any of that stuff even though i got the safehouse

:p

davepoobond said:
should i be able to call Dwayne and hang out with him after that plot point? Cause I'm wondering now if because i didn't listen to the phone conversation i can't pursue any of that stuff even though i got the safehouse

:p
He'll call you up a little later and ask to hang out.

Okay I've finished the game and I'm just cleaning up the missions I left till later. Stuff like pigeons, jumps and vigilante missions. But I still have got that message from
stevie about picking up a car in alderney city. I can't fucking find it from that tiny photo. Where is it?

Alex and Kiki are awesome with those sexy sms pics

raYne

Finally got around to finishing off the story tonight. Thus ending my GAF exile.

Funniest thing was that about an in-game hour after I beat the game, my phone rings and I get this "unknown caller" ID. No big deal I thought, so I answer:

(game ending spoilers obviously)..
Kate died in my world and her zombie calls me and asks me out because she's bored.
:lol!

civilstrife said:
I missed my first date with LAWCHICK and now she doesn't appear on lovemeet anymore. Did I miss my chance?

I did the same thing, but If you keep checking lovemeet she'll turn up again. Just start from the site again and go from there. The site keeps changing with who is up.

woodchuck said:
Alex is awesome. it's hilarious to go out with her then come back and read about what happened on her blog

yeah the part about
doing vagina exercises paying off because it feels like a gym junkies fist up there or something :lol

davepoobond said:
so i have to kill Playboy X or Dwayne....which is the better route? i don't care for either really...
Killing Playboy X is a much better choice. You'll get his safehouse (which is the only place in which you can change into the GTAIII outfit) and you'll be able to call Dwayne to send some backup (once he likes you enough)

Himuro said:
So Alex thinks our man Niko has a small penis. :lol

where do you meet Alex?

Finncognito said:
Killing Playboy X is a much better choice. You'll get his safehouse (which is the only place in which you can change into the GTAIII outfit) and you'll be able to call Dwayne to send some backup (once he likes you enough)

what?! really? I have to try that out.

Iksenpets

Banned
Can anyone help me out here? I was in the middle of the Undertaker mission that you get from
a phone call from Packie and Kate after you kill either Derrick or Francis
and my friend invited me to play multi. Once I went back to my last save in single player though, the mission to
kill Derrick or Francis
was complete, but I wasn't getting the phone call again. Anyone else run into this issue? Should I expect to get the phone call later or should I be reverting to an old save?

TTG

Quick question. I dedicated today's play time to making Little Jacob a very good friend. I've got his respect to 100 and his liking to like 85. At this point I get the message that he will
sell guns to me at a discount
. Now, is it worth ramping the liking up to a 100% as well, or do i pretty much have everything I can get out of him?

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
TTG said:
Quick question. I dedicated today's play time to making Little Jacob a very good friend. I've got his respect to 100 and his liking to like 85. At this point I get the message that he will
sell guns to me at a discount
. Now, is it worth ramping the liking up to a 100% as well, or do i pretty much have everything I can get out of him?

No real need. Sometimes friends will call you and their like level for you will drop if you don't accept their date proposal. What you need to do is: accept the date, then call back a second later that you're cancelling the plans. Percentage will stay the same, very helpful :)

TTG

Darunia said:
No real need. Sometimes friends will call you and their like level for you will drop if you don't accept their date proposal. What you need to do is: accept the date, then call back a second later that you're cancelling the plans. Percentage will stay the same, very helpful :)

Yea I thought so. I'm guessing the jobs you get from him don't progress from her on either?
I made it to the point where I will get ambushed after I make the drop for him every time

Atleast it's nice that they did go SOMEWHERE.

BeeDog

Hopefully someone can answer this time around (a Francis mission):

You are sent to kill Dimayev and his goonies on the first island, but when you get there Dimayev drops his weapon and you can spare him. What happens if you let him live and if you kill him?

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
BeeDog said:
Hopefully someone can answer this time around (a Francis mission):

You are sent to kill Dimayev and his goonies on the first island, but when you get there Dimayev drops his weapon and you can spare him. What happens if you let him live and if you kill him?

I think if you spare him, he pops up later in one of those random missions, you know the ones with the blue arrow. No real consequence for 100%, that's for sure. The choices for these minor characters are entirely up to you

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
I had my first really, really annoying mission yesterday in 'i need your clothes, boots & motorcycle'. Fuck that mission, seriously. I had to retry it like 5 times, more than anything else. The only way I could make it was if I shot the tires of the guy's bike and I could catch up to him way later to ice him. The route he picked was filled with sharp turns, narrow passageways and pedestrians too. So glad it was done.

At that point in the game they give you WAY too many chase missions, I was so done with them

But then came 'Babysitting',
shooting a heli standing on a boat, listening to Philip Glass as the thing crashes.
Also, I got a bit of a Godfather flashback at the
Francis funeral mission, street shootouts are the best

Cover system makes the shootouts in this game really stand out, can't get tired of them.

Oh and shit, Tunnel of Death was kickass too.

TEH-CJ

Banned
Can someone plz tell me how to accelerate in a helicopter ?

i keep failing a mission because im not going fast enough....

Kabouter

burgerdog said:
What other sports cars are there besides the turismo? I've yet to see a diablo.
Infernus, Comet and one more that I can't remember the name of. The one that looks a bit like the Z06.

mileS

Hating the Haters mission

lol omg this mission was hilarious! The front of my Faggio was completely splattered with blood after the mission ended. I laughed my ass off when Bernie got on the back with his purple helmet :lol

This game continues to blow me away.. can't believe the variety in the missions even after 27 hours of playtime.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
UncleGuito said:
I just did this a few minutes ago- I went with
Playboy. If you kill him, you get his apartment as a safe house. Killing Dwayne gets you $25,000.

I just did that mission last night.
Totally loving an apartment in the city.

burgerdog

Ah, right. I forgot about the corquette and comet. Infernus is the one I've never seen, any clues as to where I may be able to find this car?

Aurora

MobiusPigeon said:
wow this game is all SORTS of emotionally fucked up!!!! i mean
michelle???
WTF!!!! i actually feel hurt and betrayed!!!
You mean you actually didn't see it coming?

Wow.

mileS

I'm just now getting the rocket launcher so I decided to see what its like to point it at your feet and blow yourself up. Did this right after I saved to goto bed but I ended up killing myself over and over in different locations for about half an hour because it was so fun watching my body shoot up over buildings and smashing into shit

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
burgerdog said:
Ah, right. I forgot about the corquette and comet. Infernus is the one I've never seen, any clues as to where I may be able to find this car?

I never seen one on the single player, but there are tons of them in the main city in multi-player. I love the infernus.

Top Bottom