• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Grand Theft Auto IV thread: The World Is Yours

heck no! :lol i mean fuck i was
hitting that!
this game owns. with this being the 3rd one on my top 3, in no order of course i've finally realized what truly makes a great game. in all 3 games they actually make you feel emotionally attached to people as you would in real life. i've never felt like that with say zelda or halo but shenmue, snatcher and GTA manage to pull it off awesome. maybe it has to do with the games settings as well. in all 3 you actually feel like you could actually be there.

burgerdog

Did a google search and it seems to be rare as hell, guaranteed way to get one is to finish some dude's missions. Man, I've played for about 45 hours and haven't seen it in the wild :lol

painey

did anyone actually give a shit about
Kate? All through the Packie missions and the end Niko cared about her but I didnt date her once in the game and really didnt care she died

mileS said:
Hating the Haters mission

lol omg this mission was hilarious! The front of my Faggio was completely splattered with blood after the mission ended. I laughed my ass off when Bernie got on the back with his purple helmet :lol

This game continues to blow me away.. can't believe the variety in the missions even after 27 hours of playtime.
When I got to the chase part I started cracking up.

Zoink

burgerdog said:
Did a google search and it seems to be rare as hell, guaranteed way to get one is to finish some dude's missions. Man, I've played for about 45 hours and haven't seen it in the wild :lol

Is the Infernus the one that looks like a (oh crap) Lambourghni (?) Diablo?
If so, you get one when you finish Gay Bernies missions.

Choc

Banned
Passing time

Guys what is the quickest way to get days to go by in the game. I have finished it and want to muck around with the girlfriend stuff but i have to wait for emails, how long do they take to respond?

Choc

Banned
Darunia said:
Eeh I am having a really hard time with Pegerino's Pride :(

is the problem your not getting to Pegerino in time or just not enough health. If you're not getting to Pegerino, seriously just gun it (with armor) as long as you have a fairly ok weapon you should take em out easy.

Choc said:
Passing time

Guys what is the quickest way to get days to go by in the game. I have finished it and want to muck around with the girlfriend stuff but i have to wait for emails, how long do they take to respond?

Go to bed. Choose not to save. 6 hours have passed.

At least if my memory is correct.

Xevren

Choc said:
Passing time

Go save it at a safehouse, it advances the game 6 hours

Wow beaten, you suck dave!

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Choc said:
is the problem your not getting to Pegerino in time or just not enough health. If you're not getting to Pegerino, seriously just gun it (with armor) as long as you have a fairly ok weapon you should take em out easy.

I want to rush it too much. There seems to be very limited time to get to Pegorino and I'm just stressing to get to him in time, taking way too much damage along the way :( I got to the getaway once but I stupidly lost track of the car. I hate this mission

Kabouter

burgerdog said:
Doesn't spawn randomly, you can only get it by
stealing it in the car stealing missions you get by telephone from Stevie. Or by finishing Bernie's missions.

vMaxx

I've finished it yesterday.One of my best games ever.Amazing experience.The city feels alive and the dialogues are oscar worthing! Niko is the man!!!

Ploid 3.0

Aurora said:
You mean you actually didn't see it coming?

Wow.

I sure didn't but after it happened, everything made sense. She never hated anything lol.

Edit: Man from reading the posts it seem like I'm not close to finishing the game. I stopped right after unlocking the 3rd island. I kinda got tired of the missions now and am ready to start finding out what kind of crazy stuff I can do. Is there a complete code list out yet? Or is the codes already released the complete thing? No flying cars, and super jumping?

faberpach

Cedeo said:
How rare are Super-GTs don't think I've seen one yet.

Aren't they easily found around the perseus shop in the second island?

There's a car dealer there i'm 100% they sell turismos there and i also thing they have other sports cars.

faberpach

Doc Evils said:
I heard you can get other phones other than the one playboy x gives you, where are they?

I've finished the game and i don't recall having the possibility to get a new phone i could be wrong but i don't think you can get the blackberry phone that was announced in the gta IV website.

Ryuuga

Banned
vMaxx said:
You mean the Ferrari clones with the engine in back?

That's the infernus.

y2kev said:
Could somebody list all the friend abilities?

Roman
Special Ability - Call Roman and he'll send you a cab. You can then go wherever you like at no charge. (60% like factor)

Lil' Jacob
Special Ability - Call Little Jacob and he'll drive out to a location near you in his car. Inside his trunk will be a selection of weapons available.

Brucie
Special Ability - Call Brucie and he'll fly to your location in a helicopter, then pick you up and take you to select areas around the city.

Dwayne Forge
Special Ability - Call Dwayne and he'll send a couple of well-armed homies, who will follow you and fight enemies.

and then there's packie's ability which I can find out but I'm not spoiling myself (though I probably already know what it is)

Y2Kev said:
Could somebody list all the friend abilities?

Main Characters

Roman: Free cab rides
Little Jacob: Will drive to you with discounted weapons (but not the combat pistol or RPG)
Brucie: Gives you access to his Helicopter, which he flies directly to you
Dwayne: His buddies will show up in a car, packing, backup for you
Packie: Rigs a car into a bomb for you
Francis: Will remove all your wanted stars outside of missions

Dates

Kiki the Lawyer: Will remove your wanted stars outside of missions, but only if its 3 stars or less
Alex the Fashion Nut: Gets you discounted clothing prices (1/2 price)
Carmen the Nurse: Heals you (over the phone!)

Thats pretty much definitive I think. A neat trick to keeping them all is to accept their date, then call them to cancel. Ignoring them or turning them down will mean you will lose their ability.

Question: So I go and pick up Little Jacob. When we get to his meeting, the cops swarm in and all hell breaks loose. End of mission, apparently.

I have the strategy guide, and it looks like, as a result of the mission being 'busted', I'm gonna miss out on a whole crapload of content, which I don't want to do.

I suppose I don't have any recourse other than to grab a save file from before that point? Man, this sucks...

painey

so i've beat the game and im driving around when Weazel news comes on, much to my suprise and tells me info regarding the story i'd beaten which was a neat touch, but the third news item was about a girl installing a UNIX operating system on her PC which had angered fanboys who pointed out UNIX was for men only and that "everybody knows girls write bad code, thats why i've never spoken to one. w00t!" Awesome :lol :lol :lol

sparky2112 said:
Question: So I go and pick up Little Jacob. When we get to his meeting, the cops swarm in and all hell breaks loose. End of mission, apparently.

I have the strategy guide, and it looks like, as a result of the mission being 'busted', I'm gonna miss out on a whole crapload of content, which I don't want to do.

I suppose I don't have any recourse other than to grab a save file from before that point? Man, this sucks...
What's the name of this mission?

Wait! I confused Little Jacob with the FIRST guy I was supposed to pick up for Roman. Turns, out, I skipped Little Jacob altogether and went right on to the Vlad missions.

That's what kinda pisses me off - for someone new to the series and really not all that savvy in picking up missions, it's easy to not even realize where some of them are or how to trigger them. Doh!

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
sparky2112 said:
Jamaican Heat. Basically, nothing that was supposed to happen (according to the guide) actually did. It seems like that one was supposed to trigger later missions, but I'm afraid it won't now...

Kill the cops and rush to grab a police car before backup arrives

CAVE343

You can get the the Infernus by calling Brucie and trigger a racing mission. After that a lot of sports cars spawn, just like the infernus. Just save it at your safehouse and your golden:) You can even call Brucie for a race, get the sports car you want and call Brucie again to cancel the race.

I finished the game a few days ago and its one of the best games Ive payed so far, really great story, kept me playing. Only dislike the lack of a mission save/chckpoint.

sangreal

sparky2112 said:
Yeah, I messed up. See my post above...

Hope Little Jacob is still 'there', given that I've 'skipped ahead' to Vlad...

He is involved in the main storyline at a few points so I'm pretty sure you can't miss him

So I've
stolen a police car and killed everyone on the most wanted list
on the first island. What do I get for my efforts? No cutscene, no cash, nothing.

CitizenCope said:
So I've
on the first island. What do I get for my efforts? No cutscene, no cash, nothing.

How do you even find people on the
most wanted
list?

notjackbauer said:
How do you even find people on the
most wanted
list?

After you use the
Police Computer
in a mission for Brucie, you can
bring it up by pressing LB/L1, when stopped in a police car and goint to the most wanted section

border said:
You can only date 3 girls? I have Kiki and Carmen -- which one is Alex?

You find Alex on craplist.net under women seeking men, she calls herself "LiberatedWoman" on her blog. Shes the most fun to date of the 3, Carmen is really irritating and Kiki is a jealous psychotic. Alex is hilarious if you get her drunk and she sends you some... awesome picture messages.

You can date 4 girls in the game including Michelle.

Chinner

Banned
CitizenCope said:
So I've

There's a
Most wanted list
for each island. Do that and you'll get a achievement.

border

IronicallyTwisted said:
You can date 4 girls in the game including Michelle.
That sucks -- I was thinking you could at least date most of the girls that were online.....or at least, more than 3 of them. :\ I wanted to go out with the crazy cat lady and the eccentric goth chick!

I like Kiki -- "Does your other whore like those pants?" :lol Carmen was pretty funny at the strip club as well.

Tieno

Got the game yesterday, but I can't seem to access my stats or whatever on the social club, have succesfully linked my PSN ID but it keeps saying I need to have played the game, which I have done multiple times.

border said:
That sucks -- I was thinking you could at least date most of the girls that were online.....or at least, more than 3 of them. :\ I wanted to go out with the crazy cat lady and the eccentric goth chick!

I like Kiki -- "Does your other whore like those pants?" :lol Carmen was pretty funny at the strip club as well.

Its a little misleading, but the girlfriends are very fleshed out. They have heaps of dialog, its all pretty elaborate for a side feature.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Kinda ready for the game to end now. 80 missions done, the frequent chase missions gave me a bit of fatigue. I love the whole diamond back and forth saga that's going on now, last update on that is that they're
in a dump truck, gone.

Pharmacy

Banned
2dbuy6g.jpg

w00t

Tieno said:
Got the game yesterday, but I can't seem to access my stats or whatever on the social club, have succesfully linked my PSN ID but it keeps saying I need to have played the game, which I have done multiple times.

It seems to be very slow to update.

Top Bottom