• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Grand Theft Auto IV thread: The World Is Yours

Ranger X

Quick question

When the characters like you it unlock stuff right?
(Like Roman giving you Taxi service)

Now once its unlocked, would i lose it if my liking stat goes back down?

tks

Ranger X

IronicallyTwisted said:

daaaamn, you're not serious. :(

This is tedious. Why can't they make it so that i lose "liking" only by doing bad actions and ignore that the time passes god damnit. 10/10 hell yeah.

I think i will spare myself some commodities and only keep the stats for usefull people.

ElyrionX

Ranger X said:
Quick question

When the characters like you it unlock stuff right?
(Like Roman giving you Taxi service)

Now once its unlocked, would i lose it if my liking stat goes back down?

tks

Don't worry about the "Like" stat. Whenever they call you out for a "date" or something and you don't want to do it, just accept it first and then call back immediately to cancel. The "Like" stat won't ever go down that way.

As for the sports cars in this game, here is the complete list based on my own experience:

Turismo (Ferrari)
Coquette (Corvette)
Banshee (Viper)
SuperGT (Aston Martin)
Infernus (Lamborghini)
Comet (Porsche)

Out of those six cars, the last three are extremely rare. SuperGT and Comet have never spawned randomly for me outside of missions. And I have only seen the Infernus spawned once outside of missions. So if you do get them, remember to save them. I have completed the game and clocked in 36 hours, BTW.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
ElyrionX said:
As for the sports cars in this game, here is the complete list based on my own experience:

Turismo (Ferrari)
Coquette (Corvette)
Banshee (Viper)
SuperGT (Aston Martin)
Infernus (Lamborghini)
Comet (Porsche)

Out of those six cars, the last three are extremely rare. SuperGT and Comet have never spawned randomly for me outside of missions. And I have only seen the Infernus spawned once outside of missions. So if you do get them, remember to save them. I have completed the game and clocked in 36 hours, BTW.

What happens if we save them but then crashed them or just abandon them, could the cars respawn?

ElyrionX

neojubei said:
What happens if we save them but then crashed them or just abandon them, could the cars respawn?

It's hard to say for sure. The Infernus is supposed to be the rarest car in the game and I didn't think it would spawn randomly but I managed to see and grab one off someone else driving it on the road after I completed the game.

Some GAFer claimed earlier in this thread that the Comet spawns in someone's garage in North Alderny. Not sure about that since I didn't go check it out myself. Have yet to see it on the roads though (apart from when I'm driving a Comet myself).

Another GAFer also claimed that the SuperGT spawns regularly on the roads in Chinatown and Castle Gardens although I personally have never seen it spawn on the roads despite the 36 hours I put into the game.

keyrat

regarding the
dwayne/playboy x missions
:

Am I fucked for
killing Dwayne instead of Playboy? Will I still be able to 100% considering I can't be liked by Dwayne?

ElyrionX

border said:
It doesn't seem like any of the girls care where you take them.

Yes they do. Take her to a place she doesn't like and the stat goes up by a few points or may even drop a few points. Bring her to a place she likes and you can easily get more than 10 points per date.

WrikaWrek

Banned
5 dates with Kate. She doesn't let me jump unto her panties.

98% like or something. What to do gaf? She's so ugly yet so demanding!!!!

painey

WrikaWrek said:
5 dates with Kate. She doesn't let me jump unto her panties.

98% like or something. What to do gaf? She's so ugly yet so demanding!!!!

without going into spoilers.. take the fucking hint.

border

All the girls seem to have different reactions to places, but even when they bitch the whole way through it's impossible to really drop status with them. I'd say just take them everywhere so you can experience all the content, rather than playing it safe and seeing the same crap over and over.

ElyrionX said:
Comedy club.
I got nervous when I took her their because she is into charity and all, and Ricky Gervais did a long routine making fun of AIDS/cancer victims. I guess the game isn't really deep enough for her to be offended though :)

ElyrionX

border said:
All the girls seem to have different reactions to places, but even when they bitch the whole way through it's impossible to really drop status with them. I'd say just take them everywhere so you can experience all the content, rather than playing it safe and seeing the same crap over and over.

I think I dropped points when I brought Kiki to Burger Shot (closest thing to her place, :lol).

I found the dates to be boring so I was just doing it quickly to get the perks and all that.

nice thanks for the head ups. Anyone up for some multiplayer tonight? (xbox version) I'm finally done with finals and am looking to try the multiplayer. Tag is Moochu2

Doodlebug

Play.com got more stock in. My order is packing. :)

It's about time too! I wanna join the party.

(If anyone wants to add me for multiplayer sometime, my gamertag is Doodlebug360.)

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
keyrat said:
regarding the
dwayne/playboy x missions
:

Am I fucked for
killing Dwayne instead of Playboy? Will I still be able to 100% considering I can't be liked by Dwayne?

you'll probably be able to do 100%, but killing playboy x is so much more beneficial to you

WrikaWrek

Banned
painey said:
without going into spoilers.. take the fucking hint.

Oh so nothing changes. I guess i knew better in my 1st playthrough when i didn't give a crap about her.

Heck, i was involved in a gun fight on our first date, which was good because it made her go away.

funkmastergeneral said:
where does kiki like to go out?

Fisrt Date...Comedy Club
Second Date...Nice Bar in the city
Got into her pants at the end of the second date, and got her perk a day or two later.

Kiki is awesome!

eso76

has anyone tried calling the firemen
when the bad guys set Roman's "house" on fire ?
when they get there they look around a bit, see nothing unusual, and go away complaining about prank calls : \
R* should have thought of it

WrikaWrek

Banned
eso76 said:
has anyone tried calling the firemen
when the bad guys set Roman's "house" on fire ?
when they get there they look around a bit, see nothing unusual, and go away complaining about prank calls : \
R* should have thought of it

Yeah, that was lame. Small detail goes undone.

MMaRsu

Kabouter said:
Doesn't spawn randomly, you can only get it by
stealing it in the car stealing missions you get by telephone from Stevie. Or by finishing Bernie's missions.

Actually it does spawn randomly.

MMaRsu

Pharmacy said:
2dbuy6g.jpg

w00t

How do you get that outfit? What is the combination?

I've got all the clothes already I think...

womfalcs3

Banned
Just beat Three Leaf Clover... FINALLY. Took me a while. On my last run I ran around some more and I found first aid kits that really helped me complete it.

Then I got a call to
save Roman from Dimitri's people because he owed them
. What a glorious sequence of events. Two awesome shootouts.

hey, what the f*** is up with Coney island not being interactive!? This has got to be one of the biggest disappointments for me. It was heavily implied in some previews that there'd be stuff to do there, but we can't even ride the damn ferris wheel. what the hell, R*? Closed for the season my ass.

womfalcs3 said:
Just beat Three Leaf Clover... FINALLY. Took me a while. On my last run I ran around some more and I found first aid kits that really helped me complete it.

Then I got a call to
save Roman from Dimitri's people because he owed them
. What a glorious sequence of events. Two awesome shootouts.
I really suck at GTA but for some reason I found Three-Leaf Clover easy and didn't die once, most other missions take at least two tries :lol .

JonnyBrad

MMaRsu said:
How do you get that outfit? What is the combination?

I've got all the clothes already I think...

Pretty sure its Claudes clothes from GTA3. They're in the wardrobe if you get Playboy's safe house by killing him

Remy

There's an excellent set of tables in the official guide with the breakdown of what girls like which locations for the dates, and how the amount those places are liked drops based on where you're visiting. I'll type it up tonight.

CAVE343

ElyrionX said:
It's hard to say for sure. The Infernus is supposed to be the rarest car in the game and I didn't think it would spawn randomly but I managed to see and grab one off someone else driving it on the road after I completed the game.

Some GAFer claimed earlier in this thread that the Comet spawns in someone's garage in North Alderny. Not sure about that since I didn't go check it out myself. Have yet to see it on the roads though (apart from when I'm driving a Comet myself).

Another GAFer also claimed that the SuperGT spawns regularly on the roads in Chinatown and Castle Gardens although I personally have never seen it spawn on the roads despite the 36 hours I put into the game.

bad-joey said:
You can get the the Infernus by calling Brucie and trigger a racing mission. After that a lot of sports cars spawn, also the Infernus. Just save it at your safehouse and your golden:) You can even call Brucie for a race, get the sports car and call Brucie again to cancel the race.

Quoting myself because the Infernus spawns like crazy when you trigger the race event.

I just have to say, I had a great night with this game last night. I started out with a safehouse save right before Three Leaf Clover (slot 11 just so I can replay that mission over and over in the future) at about 9pm. I went on to beat that mission, get my perk from Kiki, get under all of the bridges with a helicopter, get my Happiness Island T-shirt, and get away from a four-star wanted level all by 11pm.

Now that I have some cash in the bank, nice cars at safehouses, and some powerful guns, I'm really starting to remember why I've always loved the GTA franchise. I think the second floor of the sports car dealership may be a great place to make my stand to go for a legit one man army.

ElyrionX

bad-joey said:
Quoting myself because the Infernus spawns like crazy when you trigger the race event.

Are you talking about the one and only race event that occurs during the main story? Or are you talking about the optional ones?

If you're talking about the optional ones, how many races did you do before the cars spawned for you? Was the Infernus, SuperGT and Comet in those races you did?

CAVE343

ElyrionX said:
Are you talking about the one and only race event that occurs during the main story? Or are you talking about the optional ones?

If you're talking about the optional ones, how many races did you do before the cars spawned for you? Was the Infernus, SuperGT and Comet in those races you did?

Its the optional races which you can begin by calling Brucie and ask for a race. Then the cars spawn like crazy. I got 3 or 4 Infernus cars in close proximity. You don't have to go to the waypoint to start the race, the cars just spawn so that you have a good car for the race :) (but you dont have to do the race, you can call it off)

Esperado

Just beat the game and
the thing that gets me is how he kills hundreds of guys without even so much as an ounce of remorse, yet when he gets to Darko and Pegorino suddenly he's got feelings. I mean, I just killed like 2 warehouses full of guys and then all of the sudden I'm supposed to feel bad when I'm killing the last guy? It's like they want to make the kill have a lot of weight to it, but they've already conditioned you to take killing lightly.

ElyrionX

bad-joey said:
Its the optional races which you can begin by calling Brucie and ask for a race. Then the cars spawn like crazy. I got 3 or 4 Infernus cars in close proximity. You don't have to go to the waypoint to start the race, the cars just spawn so that you have a good car for the race :) (but you dont have to do the race, you can call it off)

Oh. I didn't know that. Maybe I'll try and see how it works out. I'm usually in a Turismo everytime I call Brucie for a race so maybe that's why I didn't see them.

ElyrionX

Esperado said:
Just beat the game and
the thing that gets me is how he kills hundreds of guys without even so much as an ounce of remorse, yet when he gets to Darko and Pegorino suddenly he's got feelings. I mean, I just killed like 2 warehouses full of guys and then all of the sudden I'm supposed to feel bad when I'm killing the last guy? It's like they want to make the kill have a lot of weight to it, but they've already conditioned you to take killing lightly.

I agree but that would be a very difficult thing to manage in a game like GTA, unfortunately.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Remy said:
There's an excellent set of tables in the official guide with the breakdown of what girls like which locations for the dates, and how the amount those places are liked drops based on where you're visiting. I'll type it up tonight.

no need

Dating guide I posted earlier

Esperado

ElyrionX said:
I agree but that would be a very difficult thing to manage in a game like GTA, unfortunately.

Yeah, it's just something that seemed really off putting to me. I really don't think this was the game that Rockstar set out to make. Based on early previews and stuff you can really tell a lot of things are missing. Maybe they had too much ambition. I wonder what route they'll go with their next game or even with the DLC because for some reason I feel like Liberty City isn't done. I'm not sure whether I'd like them to fully flesh out Liberty City or to go on to the next city.

Top Bottom