• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Grand Theft Auto IV thread: The World Is Yours

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
voltron said:
nah

Too similar aesthetically. A gritty urban environment? Check. Give me Vice City any day.... turquoise waters.... blue skies.... sandy beaches.... and all the blow and I can rail in a year.

mmmmmm Vice City.

BTW you guys talking up this dlc city shit are fucking bonkers. Not that I dont want it but theres no way well get it.

NY/LA & LC/SA are not similar aesthetically.

Niko would need a compelling reason to go out there anyway.

Not just "Hay kahsin, if you think Liberty City titties are nice, wait oontil you see the plastic ones in San Andreas!"

Seriously I want to know what the first batch of GTA4 DLC is going to be pretty soon. Right now I'm feeling pretty underwhelmed after finishing it but if Rockstar and MS announce where the DLC is going soon then I'll probably find some incentive to play what GTA4 has to offer now a little more.

joePM

OPM SHILL
You know, I've seen an awful lot of references to Las Venturas so far...and Roman is a pretty serious gambler...

voltron

AstroLad said:
NY/LA & LC/SA are not similar aesthetically.

I know - but as far as representing a slice of a city as DLC... like I said the gritty urban type environment would be kinda samey. If we got the whole city/state - yeah it would be fairly obviously different. But I think a drastically different environment to LC would be better.

Man... this thread is a time sink :lol

voltron

Vik_Vaughn said:

settle down... hardly a spoiler. I have noidea what hes talking about but Im assuming the serial killer.

Also - someone - what writers went to rockstar saying they saw big things?

voltron said:
I know - but as far as representing a slice of a city as DLC... like I said the gritty urban type environment would be kinda samey. If we got the whole city/state - yeah it would be fairly obviously different. But I think a drastically different environment to LC would be better.

Man... this thread is a time sink :lol

LA is a vastly different city aesthetically. The haze, the colors, the lack of any verticality.

Anyway, I think if anything we should RAISE the hype stakes until someone else picks it up so MS or Rockstar are forced to comment.

I mean, duh. Why do you think I'm jumping up and down and yelling?

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
BenjaminBirdie said:
LA is a vastly different city aesthetically. The haze, the colors, the lack of any verticality.

Anyway, I think if anything we should RAISE the hype stakes until someone else picks it up so MS or Rockstar are forced to comment.

I mean, duh. Why do you think I'm jumping up and down and yelling?

Rockstar has basically confirmed it with their deafening silence thus far.

Ploid 3.0

Seems like I'm not the only one that just want San Andreas back after playing basically a mission oriented gta. With all these 10's R* will think this is what all gta fans want. I'm waiting a month before deciding to buying the next GTA. This time I'm sticking to it.

voltron

AstroLad said:
Rockstar has basically confirmed it with their deafening silence thus far.

I hope youre joking.

Anyway yeah im down with benjamins idea.... keep the hype going until those fuckers just gotta do it.

Twig

Banned
I wanna go to, like, Paris or Moscow. Something not America! Could be fun. As much as I love the satire on American culture in the GTA games, it makes me want to see what could be done for other cultures. I'd suggest Tokyo (because it looks like an awesome city, especially at night), but yakuza nonsense has been done to death.

Although... the language barrier would be a big issue, most likely. Nevermind, it's a bad idea. ):

MMaRsu

Won said:
Mr. Bulgarin

Considering the amount of big bad guys that are killed in this game I don't consider it a spoiler. Sorry.

Hehe yeah I don't feel it's a spoiler either but yeah you're right :)

And BB I agree man! I hope we get a San Andreas Stories as well!

Maybe that's the reason they haven't released a San Andreas Stories yet??????

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
BenjaminBirdie said:
Niko would need a compelling reason to go out there anyway.

Not just "Hay kahsin, if you think Liberty City titties are nice, wait oontil you see the plastic ones in San Andreas!"
yeah thats not a bad idea. Remake a small part of SA and give Niko a few missions to do there, just as long as his reason for being there is good.

MMaRsu said:
Hehe yeah I don't feel it's a spoiler either but yeah you're right :)

And BB I agree man! I hope we get a San Andreas Stories as well!

Maybe that's the reason they haven't released a San Andreas Stories yet??????

That'd be hot. I'd really love Niko to be the window that introduces all the settings to next gen. He's got the perfect point of view for it. Then let GTA V introduce a whole new cipher.

Janet Ryan. Undercover Cop, In Too Deep, Alcoholic.

On the streets of...Grand Theft Auto: Wind City.

psycho_snake

TheOneGuy said:
I wanna go to, like, Paris or Moscow. Something not America! Could be fun. As much as I love the satire on American culture in the GTA games, it makes me want to see what could be done for other cultures. I'd suggest Tokyo (because it looks like an awesome city, especially at night), but yakuza nonsense has been done to death.

Although... the language barrier would be a big issue, most likely. Nevermind, it's a bad idea. ):
i actually think its a really good idea. I'd love to see a GTA game that takes place somewhere outside of america. There's loads of cities it could be done. London, Tokyo, Paris, Moscow, Sicily, rio de janeiro.

I wouldnt mind another Vice city or SA, but I'd love to see GTA move out of america.

anyone know of a good pigeon guide? I've been using the map on the website in game and it's ridiculous to try to find a little tiny pigeon with the blip on the map they give you

psycho_snake

funkmastergeneral said:
anyone know of a good pigeon guide? I've been using the map on the website in game and it's ridiculous to try to find a little tiny pigeon with the blip on the map they give you
I was tying not to use any sort of guide for this game, but I might have to if I want to find those pigeons. It would be impossible going round trying to find them without any help.

psycho_snake said:
I was tying not to use any sort of guide for this game, but I might have to if I want to find those pigeons. It would be impossible going round trying to find them without any help.

you'd die of old age before you find all those stupid pigeons on your own

psycho_snake

funkmastergeneral said:
you'd die of old age before you find all those stupid pigeons on your own
yeah, its ridiculous finding 200 of those things in a map as big as GTAIV's

BobFromPikeCreek said:
I noticed that and was like "I HAVE TO TRY THAT!" but when I went I couldn't find a way to get on. How did you do it?
Sorry if answered already, but to get on the cable car, you just get up to the platform, stand there and wait for one and hit Y, like the other public transport.

funkmastergeneral said:
One of the gamefaqs guides I looked at last night seemed to have a detailed section for the pigeons.

Captain Glanton said:
Sorry if answered already, but to get on the cable car, you just get up to the platform, stand there and wait for one and hit Y, like the other public transport.

Holy shit!! I only ever saw the cables, not the actual car. Where is it? I so want to ride that.

BenjaminBirdie said:
Holy shit!! I only ever saw the cables, not the actual car. Where is it? I so want to ride that.
It's next to the cemetery where
you drove the hearse.
On either Colony or Charge Island, I misremember, but I think it's Colony. But anyway, it's between the cemetery and a big multistory outdoor shopping center.

If you can't find it, PM me and when I turn on GTA again I'll find it and get a better description.

voltron

fuckn hell

I gotta stop highlighting spoiler tags when i havent finished the game. 2 pretty major spoilers tonight already.

I can complain when its my fault but when its a post about cable cars you think its pretty safe to read... wish there was a spoiler reference.

voltron said:
fuckn hell

I gotta stop highlighting spoiler tags when i havent finished the game. 2 pretty major spoilers tonight already.

I can complain when its my fault but when its a post about cable cars you think its pretty safe to read... wish there was a spoiler reference.

SERIOUSLY.

Just give me a fucking cross street!

And the OP should still have the spoiler rules (which no one fucking follows).

ETA: Never mind. Himuro never put it in.

:(

In case anyone else wants help finding pigeons, use this guide

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/xbox360/file/933037/52621

along with this map for visuals

Pigeon_map_locations_complete-num.jpg

Making it pretty easy for me...15 down, 185 to go =/

atomsk

Party Pooper
can you still get perks after you've finished the story?

i've got another save before i beat it, so i can go back if necessary.

just don't want to waste my time if i dont have to

voltron said:
fuckn hell

Well, I made it more vague, but ... I did use the tags. I've had stuff spoiled in this thread, including that particular thing. It happens.

And I also described the two structures that the platform is between, which had no spoilers. So I guess I'm baffled as to why you'd read the spoiler anyway.

GQman2121

Banned
Are you 360 players having an issue online with your money total magically decreasing when you sign off?

On the PS3 I'm at right at $30,000 collected, but when I sign back on it drops down to under $20. I don't know if there's some kind of glitch or what, but I would like to continue leveling up so I can see the rest of the outfits online.

This is definitly happening with everyone the PS3, but what about 360?

itsinmyveins

Gets to pilot the crappy patrol labors
Fuck the last mission. I've failed it four times now and I'm getting tired of replaying it from the beginning all the time :(

Top Bottom