• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Grand Theft Auto IV thread: The World Is Yours

Won

Gully State said:
I thought Rockstar did a piss poor job with
your relationship with Kate. The problem was that it was completely optional. They should've given a more mandatory mission arc for Katie. It would've made her death more tragic.

Problem with Kate was simple the fact, that she had "HEY I'M GOING TO DIE!!" written all over her at the very moment she was introduced to you. Of course I'm not going to care about here.

Safe Bet

Banned
Has anyone else come across Niko's "special" animations?

So far I've seen Niko:

Slide into cover...

Do roundhouse kicks and headbutts in fistfights...

Safe Bet said:
Has anyone else come across Niko's "special" animations?

So far I've seen Niko:

Slide into cover...

Do roundhouse kicks and headbutts in fistfights...

They aren't "special", the first happens a lot if you press <cover> when a certain distance from the surface you're facing and kicks and headbutts are part of the combos and counters.

Safe Bet

Banned
Francias Castiglione said:
They aren't "special", the first happens a lot if you press <cover> when a certain distance from the surface you're facing and kicks and headbutts are part of the combos and counters.
*eyeroll*

Anyways...

Whatever you want to label them, the animations that require certain conditions beside basic player input to be meet before they execute are pretty cool.

I thought the hand to hand fighting was lame until I stopped button mashing.

I'm still unsure if I approve of Niko completely ignoring player input at times during fistfights, but I can see what Rockstar is trying to accomplish.

PS

I was just glancing at the credits and it seems Bas Rutten played himself in the game.

:lol

This game is fucking awesome.

Steroyd

Yasser said:
for people who have finished the main story, what are you doing now ingame (other than start over)?

The usual, driving, fucking ho's, killing people, the usual.

Hope to do more online stuff as well.

besada

Banned
nelsonroyale said:
using the motorbike is frustrating...especially when chasing the AI, who seems to ride the bike perfectly regardless of the situation....need to have more random AI patterns where the computer fucks up more under pressure

I was chasing someone mid-mission who managed to drive themselves into a cul-de-sac and get stuck. I was able to pull up, hop off my bik, and hose them liberally with machine gun fire.

But yeah, they drive better than we do, mostly.

ElyrionX

Yasser said:
for people who have finished the main story, what are you doing now ingame (other than start over)?

There's really not much to do actually.

I tried the assassination missions but those were lame as hell. It's just killing random people much like any other mission. You can't even snipe them most of the time.

Yasser

ElyrionX said:
There's really not much to do actually.

I tried the assassination missions but those were lame as hell. It's just killing random people much like any other mission. You can't even snipe them most of the time.
i thought it was just me who felt this way =/ ah well, i guess i can go after the other ending and try multiplayer

kylej

Banned
Yasser said:

Going for 100%. Doing all the police computer missions, Stevie car jacking, pigeon finding and Brucie races. I need to bring each friend to every activity and win at every activity too.

Double D

kylej said:
Going for 100%. Doing all the police computer missions, Stevie car jacking, pigeon finding and Brucie races. I need to bring each friend to every activity and win at every activity too.

So, you need to beat every friend at every activity in order to get 100%?

EDIT: Just saw this at the GTA forums. Plane ticket to San Andreas? Yes plz

kylej

Banned
Vik_Vaughn said:
So, you need to beat every friend at every activity in order to get 100%?

No I think you only have to win once at every activity. Doesn't matter who you bring along.

You also need to beat the QUB3D high score.

After 40 hours I just saw (and stole) my first Rancher. I didn't know they were in the game.

24562IMG_0264.jpg

Leonsito

Beating the QUB3D high score was easy, I think I did it in my second try, I went to the strip club in Bohan and didn't even enter in the club, I played in the QUB3D machine and then came back home :(

Btw, Ricky Gervais is horrible ...

Leonsito

Vik_Vaughn said:
I haven't even attempted qub3d. Is it difficult to beat the high score?

Nah, keep doing 4 color cubes at the beginning when is easy and when you are in a hurry use the special abilities to clear columns or colors.

Vik_Vaughn said:
You just don't like him in general, or in the game?

In the game of course, the comedy club is boring and I don't like the monologues he does, as an actor he is great.

Well, at least the AIDS monologue is fun.

Won

painey said:
they extended the 100% club till May 19th, but i go on holiday on Tuesday, oh well :lol

Hmm tempting, but after 35 hours I found like 3 "flying rats". Will be hard.^^

ElyrionX said:

Seriously.....had some time to waste near the end of the story, so I decided to do the assassination missions. And what was the first mission? Another fucking chase. -.-

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Are the races hard to win at? I absolutely suck at racing games, but I want to 100% this one somewhere down the road

Won

Darunia said:
Are the races hard to win at? I absolutely suck at racing games, but I want to 100% this one somewhere down the road

Only did two of the optional races, but in both races I drove 2 laps all by myself. Seems pretty easy to me. Traffic screws up the AI pretty fast.

ShinAmano

Darunia said:
I have only done the first optional one...it was SUVs vs my Corvette...I stomped them hard...even after bailing out twice trying to do something else.

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
Today was the first time I noticed the "see the car that you're driving everywhere". I found a hummer (or whatever they're called in GTA) and was pretty exited since I hardly ever see them. Then as I'm driving around every other car on the street was a hummer.

Twig

Banned
Won said:
Only did two of the optional races, but in both races I drove 2 laps all by myself. Seems pretty easy to me. Traffic screws up the AI pretty fast.
Not to mention that they always take turns waaaaay too fast. Even if you fall behind on the first long straightaway, at the next big turn you're almost guaranteed to catch up and probably pass them.

Only thing you REALLY need to worry about is not losing your car. Which means no fire and no flipping over.

Now I have a question. I only just opened up the last island, just to give you an idea of where I am. In the beginning
Roman gave you the option to do taxi missions. I neglected to do them, then, of course, the depot burned down. But now that he has a new depot, I still can't do any taxi missions!
Am I screwed on getting those again? Do they matter for 100%?

Leonsito

Darunia said:

I won the first six without any problems, first 5 where against suvs and the 6th against normal cars, you don't need a fast car to win them, I suppose the last ones will be hard as hell.

ShinAmano

TheOneGuy said:
Not to mention that they always take turns waaaaay too fast. Even if you fall behind on the first long straightaway, at the next big turn you're almost guaranteed to catch up and probably pass them.

Only thing you REALLY need to worry about is not losing your car. Which means no fire and no flipping over.
Funny all I could think was damn I hope I dont destroy my car ;)

Wizpig said:
img0197.jpg
;)

This was found on the Social Club website of Rockstar.
It's probably the DLC-Exclusive for the Xbox 360.

Oh nice. The ads for cheap flights to Las Venturas are all over the place in the game as well, would be awesome for Niko to get sent to LV by someone like Bernie to do some missions.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Wizpig said:

Please don't toy with my heart, Rockstar. One expansion in LV and one in SA would make a lot of sense though.

kylej

Banned
I'm sure that ticket is just an easter egg for fans.

If you're trying to get Jacob's like% up.... take him to Cluckin' Bell. Yes, his favorite activity is eating fried chicken.

rhino4evr

Wizpig said:
img0197.jpg
;)

There is NO way that the DLC will be an entire new area. It's just too big of a development cost to have only as DLC. The content will most likely be just another "Letter" on the map with some new missions, maybe a few outfits, and weapons. The folks that think their will be a whole new island/area are dreaming. If anything it's pointing at San Andreas for the sequel.

Wizpig

rhino4evr said:
There is NO way that the DLC will be an entire new area. It's just too big of a development cost to have only as DLC. The content will most likely be just another "Letter" on the map with some new missions, maybe a few outfits, and weapons. The folks that think their will be a whole new island/area are dreaming. If anything it's pointing at San Andreas for the sequel.
50 Million $ for some new missions? :lol
I sure hope not, but anyway i'm not saying SA WILL be the DLC ;)
It's just a rumor... fueled by R*

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
rhino4evr said:

This is what I'm leaning towards too. I think the dlc will have just enough content to justify a purchase (new missions, maybe new characters in LC itself, hopefully new radiostations?), but I don't believe for a second they're gonna do an entirely new area.

Twig

Banned
Yeah, I don't see how they could manage to fit an entire new city (even more in San Andreas' case) with the DLC size limits.

Wizpig said:
img0197.jpg
;)

:O

HOLY FUCKING SHIT.

Yeah, I don't see how they could manage to fit an entire new city (even more in San Andreas' case) with the DLC size limits.

There are no DLC size limits.

Also, "10:15 AM" = October 15, one of the original proposed dates for GTA4's release, IIRC.

IT'S REALLY HAPPENING?!?

:O

Top Bottom