• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Grand Theft Auto IV thread: The World Is Yours

FnordChan

Himuro said:
There are two jazz stations not two reggae stations.

The dancehall station will be stylistically similar enough to the reggae/dub station (in the same way that fusion is an off-shoot/variety of jazz) that djtiesto isn't likely to enjoy either one. His loss.

FnordChan

GQman2121

Banned
I honestly think the replay feature will get added down the road in a patch. And it will of course come out on the 360 three weeks before making it's way to the PS3. :|

What is everyone's expectation for sniping? I mean, do you think it's going to feel the same way as the previous GTA's, or are they going to add some weight to it to make it seem like you're really firing through a scope?

The series has always just had a zoomed in target that you used to snipe with, I'm looking for something with a little more depth. Not COD depth, but in that ballpark so to speak. If I'm standing the sight should be harder to keep stable because I'm off balance. Has anything like that been mentioned in the previews online?

Himuro said:
Fusion is jazz apparently.

I think it is funny that this game has both a jazz and a fusion station being that in the real NYC the local jazz station shut down due to a lack of listeners (CD101.9).

Loudninja

The point is that you won't always be on the run. Same deal with the seat belts; you could take your own car out at your leisure, have a big crash and go flying. It's ridiculous (if they don't give you the option to avoid it).

Yeah I agree with this,well not the seatbelt part, who needs those in GTA? :)

Teknoman

Stormwatch said:
I think it is funny that this game has both a jazz and a fusion station being that in the real NYC the local jazz station shut down due to a lack of listeners (CD101.9).

Really? You'd think that NYC would have more people listening to jazz than say...Houston, yet there is a jazz station here thats been running for awhile.

Man the lighting.

933.JPG

Teknoman

Loudninja said:
Yeah I agree with this,well not the seatbelt part, who needs those in GTA? :)

Guess more deaths are going to occur through windshields than anything else in MP :lol

Himuro said:
You're from Houston? :D

There's actually 3 stations who play jazz in Houston.

Yup, but the only one I knew of was 95.7 :lol

Notice in this pic how one guy is bleeding heavily, while the other doesnt appear to be, as much at least, mybe one got shot in the head, the other didnt?

media-1.jpg

Agent Ironside said:
Notice in this pic how one guy is bleeding heavily, while the other doesnt appear to be, as much at least, mybe one got shot in the head, the other didnt?

media-1.jpg

Looks like it. Notice how low the left bullet hole is compared to the right.

newsguy

ZOMG at the back headshot. Seriously, the car the guy is in, the angle of the shot, the fact that it's in a remote area at night, it's like Goodfellas!

Grimm Fandango said:
Looks like it. Notice how low the left bullet hole is compared to the right.

Oh wow, I didnt even notice the bullet holes in the car, wonder how they got outside the car like that? Mybe we can drag people.

DoomGyver

Just a heads up for people buying GTA
who wouldn't right?

Buy any version of GTAIV at Circuit City and receive a $10 gift card.

+ Wounderful environment with gajillions of great things to do.
+ Multiplayer is a deep, terrific addition to the series.
- Would be even better with a little editing: it starts slowly, has a few too many "filler" missions.
? Whats in the DLC episodes?

Party Mode - Invite up to 7 friends & play different online modes without ever losing them & having to send invite again.

11 Subdivisions to spawn in city
11 online ranks
Nearly 3 dozen race tracks
Call other team(s) on cell phone(even on Ranked matches)

Over 90 main story missions
Many stunt jumps are now goal oriented -Example- 1 stunt you have to land your car in the tunnel
50-100hrs long if you do all the main missions,side mission,stunt jumps, etc

Teknoman

This should be intresting. Call someone on their cell, tell them to look up, BLAM headshot from off the roof above.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Teknoman said:

This should be intresting. Call someone on their cell, tell them to look up, BLAM headshot from off the roof above.
Or be an ass and fill in the opposite team on your current whereabouts (I wouldn't, but the ass factor is huge in the online scene).

Teknoman

Himuro said:
95.7 has a lot of stuff that doesn't come off as jazz to me. Like, they'll play an instrumental version of a r&b song and it's not jazz at all. Or fucking What's Love Got To Do With It (I hate that song)...or Luther Vandross' Dancing With My Father.

That shit ain't jazz at all and yet that station advertises that it's the source for jazz in houston!

99.9 plays jazz 75% of the day. It's a black station, ran at Texas Southern University. Sometimes they play Latin Jazz.

91.7, it depends on the day. It's a station ran at Rice University, and they play some REAL shit. That station is so underrated. They even play reggae and underground hip hop and electronic music.

In that case i'll be checking out 91.7 and 99.9 (Forgot about the TSU station, I knew about it, just not the exact numbers).

Rez>You said:
Or be an ass and fill in the opposite team on your current whereabouts (I wouldn't, but the ass factor is huge in the online scene).

Yeah you've got a point there. Guess we'll just have to wait and see how it functions in game.

newsguy

Agent Ironside said:

Hopefully this can be turned off by host. If not, this will be the exact scenario:

*Custom cellphone rings*

Me: yeeeeeellow

12 year old bible belter: "YOU FUGGIN N***ER!!! HUAHUAHAUHAU!!!!!!

Me: .... :/

Teknoman

newsguy said:
Hopefully this can be turned off by host. If not, this will be the exact scenario:

*Custom cellphone rings*

Me: yeeeeeellow

12 year old bible belter: "YOU FUGGIN N***ER!!! HUAHUAHAUHAU!!!!!!

Me: .... :/

Wait we can get custom ringtones on our ingame phones ? :lol

Teknoman said:
Really? You'd think that NYC would have more people listening to jazz than say...Houston, yet there is a jazz station here thats been running for awhile.

Yeah, there are a lot of people that listen to jazz, but I think the station discovered that they could get MORE people by turning it into a "Rock Hits of Yesterday and Today" type station. I think the jazz station still kinda exists, but on HD radio instead.

Walshicus

Teknoman said:

That is so. fucking. cool.

Sylar said:
Also Salazarr no one cares about your joke that you just reposted. It wasn't funny on the first page and it still aint.

What part of what he posted was a joke? That didn't even register as an attempt at humor. Please elaborate, Salazarr.

newsguy

Teknoman said:
Wait we can get custom ringtones on our ingame phones ? :lol

Yes sir. In one article they mention that a ped's
cellphone rang it it was playing the original GTA theme song

Lazlow mentioned that there's
a website for cellphone ringtones

Himuro said:

:(

have any of the reviews/previews done comparisons on ps3/360 version or the graphics in general? Some screens look incredible and some look pretty bad. I'm assuming it's the filter, but idk...

Teknoman

newsguy said:
Yes sir. In one article they mention that a ped's
cellphone rang it it was playing the original GTA theme song

Lazlow mentioned that there's
a website for cellphone ringtones

For real? Nice, I hope they have the San Andreas or Vice City theme song for a ringtone.

pswii60

Dunno if this is old, but from Fox News thread. GTA IV ads in US without a 360 logo?
gtabus.png

Also got an email from GAME, saying my 360 SE version will be picking/packing from tomorrow. Fingers crossed I get it before the weekend!

Teknoman

bdizzle said:
have any of the reviews/previews done comparisons on ps3/360 version or the graphics in general? Some screens look incredible and some look pretty bad. I'm assuming it's the filter, but idk...

Some of those screenshots are most likely from the MP version of things. Especially since
alot of the "bad" looking shots focus on characters from specific angles that seemingly have nothing to do with the story.

Top Bottom