• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Grand Theft Auto IV thread: The World Is Yours

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
FirewalkR said:
Good, that's above my 97% low limit. Seems like my wrath is contained for now.

EDIT: What? Official Xbox Mag US gave it 9.5???? This can't ... BE.... wait... why am I turning... green??? AAAAAAARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

RAWR

I know you are joking, but I hope we don't get those stupid posts calling websites or magazines stupid if they give GTAIV a 90 or a 4 out of 5 or something less than perfection.

Shawsie64

Banned
rod said:
where did you import the ps3 version from? im also in aus, im probably going to get the ps3 version unless i hear that the 360 version is infinetly better (which it doesnt seem like it is according to one of the above posts) and i like HDMI over vga (my 360 is old)

my friend and myself pre-ordered from playasia.com, cost us $80 each including express post.. never ordered from them personally but heard good things so hopefully we dont get too much past the release date, prob gonna hire it from the video shop the day it comes out though :D

MMaRsu

np2cn7.jpg

MMaRsu

That's not mine guys, ha I wish then I'd be playing it right now..but just saying that it's out there right now

Xdrive05

Doc Evils said:

Yeah, that's pretty big. I'm surprised it's not the full capacity of the DVD9 though (8.5gb), with as much stuff as it's packed with. Especially the audio. I don't know how they did it. One way to look at it is that they must have gotten in everything they wanted, else they would have pushed the limit of the dvd.

San Andreas is over half that size itself, and it had shitty low res textures and supposedly way less audio than IV. They must have worked out some insane compression algorithm or something. Hopefully the quality didn't take a hit.

Well at least the game is leaked now so we should be seeing some gameplay videos today or tomorrow.

ZeoVGM

Banned
And hey, since I suck at this kind of stuff, could someone do me a favor?

71jm0z.gif

Could someone make me a version of that with Desmond's head on it? (The one in my current avatar.)

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
Looking forward to this now, haven't preordered though as I cant dceide where I want to get it from and if I want to wait for it online or walk into a store and get it on launch day.

Also not sure which console I want it on. On one hand the single player will be better on PS3, its just a sturdier and nicer console to use, on the other XBL is so much better than PSN. (although I havent had an xbox for about a year - is XBL still good or is it always down?)

I'd made my mind up about PS3 but after this whole MGS4 beta fiasco and Home being delayed (and I've been really missing my gears of war fix) I'm wondering if I ought to buy a new 360 with gta4!!!!

h3ro

indie85 said:
I hope the sound quality to the music has taken to much of a hit.

I wonder if the music/sound files in the PS3 and or 360 version are uncompressed or lossless compression... (no I'm not starting system warz, I just would like to know)

Also, I wish that guy who took pics of the package took a pic of the back of the game case so we could see resolution support (1080i support for old HDTVs), sound support (DTS or DD) and ofcourse, the massive 3MB save file.

Scotch

I really hope we get word on the differences between the two versions before release. I'm probably going with the PS3 version but I'm still not 100% sure...

MMaRsu

kaizoku said:
Looking forward to this now, haven't preordered though as I cant dceide where I want to get it from and if I want to wait for it online or walk into a store and get it on launch day.

Also not sure which console I want it on. On one hand the single player will be better on PS3, its just a sturdier and nicer console to use, on the other XBL is so much better than PSN. (although I havent had an xbox for about a year - is XBL still good or is it always down?)

I'd made my mind up about PS3 but after this whole MGS4 beta fiasco and Home being delayed (and I've been really missing my gears of war fix) I'm wondering if I ought to buy a new 360 with gta4!!!!

Yeah if I were you I'd just buy a 360 for it. Live will be great to use in combination with GTAIV. But ofcourse it's always personal what console you go for :)

kaizoku said:

If you want to play MGO, the beta isn't a big deal, MGS4 and MGO will be awesome. Both XBL and PSN are good, XBL has a lot of nice features but PSN does the important stuff well enough and in-game messaging etc, is expected in the next few months. Personally, with MGS4 and other cool games around the corner, I'd want to get a ps3 with GTA. Either way GTA4 will be awesome. :D

I can't wait to get my GTA4 SE, 7 days to go!

Cardon said:
That LE box is hot. I wasn't expecting it to be like that at all.

Yeah it looks great, too bad it's not worth the extra cash. Wth are you gonna do with a cheap bag? The complete soundtrack.... now there's something I would've been interested in.

Scotch said:
I really hope we get word on the differences between the two versions before release. I'm probably going with the PS3 version but I'm still not 100% sure...

Your PS3 will be nice and quiet :p.

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
Ninja Kn1ght said:
If you want to play MGO, the beta isn't a big deal, MGS4 and MGO will be awesome. Both XBL and PSN are good, XBL has a lot of nice features but PSN does the important stuff well enough and in-game messaging etc, is expected in the next few months. Personally, with MGS4 and other cool games around the corner, I'd want to get a ps3 with GTA.

I can't wait to get my GTA4 SE, 7 days to go!

Well I have a PS3, and technically I have a 360 as well but its broken and I did the x clamp fix so I cant get it repaired by MS, was planning on buying a new one eventually but I want a new model, not some timebomb. Was aiming for Gears of war 2.

I was just thinking about the days when I would be playing gears of war on some random online game and my friends would invite me to their game and I could just jump in and start playing. Or I will go online, see what my friends are playing and if its something good I can load up my game and join them. That just doesn't happen on PSN and it really makes a difference. I don't know anyone on my PSN friends list, have played with a couple of them maybe once but apart from that its just a huge hassle. As opposed to XBL where you can play with the same bunch almost daily.

GAF gears of war games were awesome :D as was GRAW!

Fuck I need to make up my mind on this, only days to go.

rod

Banned
kaizoku said:
Well I have a PS3, and technically I have a 360 as well but its broken and I did the x clamp fix so I cant get it repaired by MS, was planning on buying a new one eventually but I want a new model, not some timebomb. Was aiming for Gears of war 2.

I was just thinking about the days when I would be playing gears of war on some random online game and my friends would invite me to their game and I could just jump in and start playing. Or I will go online, see what my friends are playing and if its something good I can load up my game and join them. That just doesn't happen on PSN and it really makes a difference. I don't know anyone on my PSN friends list, have played with a couple of them maybe once but apart from that its just a huge hassle. As opposed to XBL where you can play with the same bunch almost daily.

GAF gears of war games were awesome :D as was GRAW!

those days were awesome :D

Eric WK

kaizoku said:

Sounds like you need to weigh how much time you're going to spend with multiplayer and the co-op missions and make your decision accordingly.

Damn, 100$ for some bag made by the absolute lowest bidder.

Granted that box looks very nice, but I can't imagine paying 40$ extra for some crap that you will never ever use.

Top Bottom