• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Grand Theft Auto IV thread: The World Is Yours

_RT_

So what is the consensus:
I haven't pre-ordered it. I'm willing to. I want to play it by Monday.
Do we have an idea on best store that could make the Monday possible?

MattyH

Yea ive gone for Standard was gonna get the S.E but my GAME store wasnt getting any in store and i would of had to order online

I got the special edition, because I love the lock box and can keep some other games in it locked away from my 2 year old son. No more games discs spread out on the floor. :p

And the bag I will use to throw in some shorts and what not for a quick workout at lunchtime in the gym by my work. :)

So see there is some use for it after all. I think the preorder bonus is way better and more useful than most other games. Especially a big helmet. (which I own as well by the way.) :D

kaizoku said:
Well I have a PS3, and technically I have a 360 as well but its broken and I did the x clamp fix so I cant get it repaired by MS, was planning on buying a new one eventually but I want a new model, not some timebomb. Was aiming for Gears of war 2.

I was just thinking about the days when I would be playing gears of war on some random online game and my friends would invite me to their game and I could just jump in and start playing. Or I will go online, see what my friends are playing and if its something good I can load up my game and join them. That just doesn't happen on PSN and it really makes a difference. I don't know anyone on my PSN friends list, have played with a couple of them maybe once but apart from that its just a huge hassle. As opposed to XBL where you can play with the same bunch almost daily.

GAF gears of war games were awesome :D as was GRAW!

Fuck I need to make up my mind on this, only days to go.

From the looks of it, GTA multiplayer is going to be all sorts of insane awesome. So why not play it where you know you will get the maximum enjoyment out of it? You said you wanted another 360 anyways for Gears 2. The only difference in waiting to get one then is you will lose months of superior online play with your friends.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Keyser Soze said:
of12sw.gif

<3 <3 <3

Fallout-NL said:
Damn, 100$ for some bag made by the absolute lowest bidder.

Granted that box looks very nice, but I can't imagine paying 40$ extra for some crap that you will never ever use.
Artbook+CD+box+bag...
I'm sure going to use at least some of those things.... maybe... :(

super-heated plasma said:
From the looks of it, GTA multiplayer is going to be all sorts of insane awesome. So why not play it where you know you will get the maximum enjoyment out of it? You said you wanted another 360 anyways for Gears 2. The only difference in waiting to get one then is you will lose months of superior online play with your friends.

Offtopic
------------

That's an extra 45 a year for online play (but you would have saved that with a 280 euro console I guess).

Having owned a 360 for 2 years though I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. After not that long a timeline, the survival rate for all 360s drops to zero. Playing in fear kinda takes the fun out of playing. I guess it depends on how much money you have. If you can just run to the store and get a new one every time it breaks, I'd probably go with XBL as well. For now though, I'm taking free online play and a more silent & reliable console.

-------------

Chû Totoro said:
Artbook+CD+box+bag...
I'm sure going to use at least some of those things.... maybe... :(

Just pop in the game and get the complete soundtrack!

Beaulieu

Fallout-NL said:
Offtopic
------------

That's an extra 60 a year for online play though.

Having owned a 360 for 2 years I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. After not that long a timeline, the survival rate for all 360s drops to zero. Playing in fear kinda takes the fun out of playing. I guess it depends on how much money you have. If you can just run to the store and get a new one every time it breaks, I'd probably go with XBL as well. For now though, I'm taking free online play and a more silent & reliable console.

-------------

:lol :lol

Fallout-NL said:
Offtopic
------------

That's an extra 60 a year for online play though.

Having owned a 360 for 2 years I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. After not that long a timeline, the survival rate for all 360s drops to zero. Playing in fear kinda takes the fun out of playing. I guess it depends on how much money you have. If you can just run to the store and get a new one every time it breaks, I'd probably go with XBL as well. For now though, I'm taking free online play and a more silent & reliable console.

-------------

Oh boy.

Hey man, some guy asks for advice, that's my 2 cents. I've owned both. This is how I feel about it, I guess I'm entitled to that after my fair share of RRODs. And it's not like I'm being dishonest, XBL is definitely the better service, and the 45 it costs is saved because the SKU is cheaper. Relax...

GameGamer

Fallout-NL said:
That's an extra 60 a year for online play (but you would have saved that with a 280 euro console I guess).

Just to keep things realistic: you can get 12 month Live cards almost anywhere (like Amazon) for $45.

GameGamer

Fallout-NL said:
Hey man, some guy asks for advice, that's my 2 cents. I've owned both. This is how I feel about it, I guess I'm entitled to that after my fair share of RRODs. And it's not like I'm being dishonest, XBL is definitely the better service, and the 60 it costs is saved because the SKU is cheaper. Relax...

Again, it's $45 for a year of Live at Amazon.

Fallout-NL said:
Hey man, some guy asks for advice, that's my 2 cents. I've owned both. This is how I feel about it, I guess I'm entitled to that after my fair share of RRODs. And it's not like I'm being dishonest, XBL is definitely the better service, and the 60 it costs is saved because the SKU is cheaper. Relax...

Retail Price is $50.

They're sold in even smaller increments.

And as stated from the OP, this is not the best or appropriate place to share the opinion you are indeed entitled to.

vexvegaz

Fallout-NL said:
Damn, 100$ for some bag made by the absolute lowest bidder.

Granted that box looks very nice, but I can't imagine paying 40$ extra for some crap that you will never ever use.

se-bag-gta-iv.jpg

+

519801-Checkpoint-Charlie-0.jpg

= thats one use.

se-box-gta-iv.jpg

+

mexico-drug-money1.jpg

= another use for the gta deposit box.

as for the music cd? well u can listen to it on your way to make that delivery for said items

:)

Well fortunately ive had mine (360) since Feb 2006, no problems with it, I did have the RROD once but it was due to a power surge in our house, reset and was fine, that still doesnt make me confident mine wont break, just feels good knowing that it still works. :lol

Just some tidbits from the Xbox 360 World mag review.

+oscar worthy dialogue
+ unfeasibly rich gameworld
+ inspired mission design

Conclusion : Everything we were entitled to expect, and yet somehow impossibly more.

"Rockstar have surpassed themselves, delivering unquestionably the definitive GTA and perhaps the greatest videogame of all time. Take your bow fellas."

Haters best step off.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
YwfmkjIgH.jpg

:lol :lol :lol

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
super-heated plasma said:

fuck you you just cost me another £200 :(

j/k

argh I dont know, I'm gonna feel super guilty if I buy a new 360 anytime soon. I just spent the equivalent of an arcade 360 on headphones + jvc sudh1 unit to give my ps3 surround sound - all in preparation of playing gta iv and mgs4. I suppose I could apply it to my 360 as well....

why couldnt sony just make the online good :(

Fallout-NL - I'm also from Europe. I don't consider the post a troll, its definitely part of my decision making process and as stated earlier I'm waiting so theres more chance of me getting one of the later gen 360s which are supposedly better.

You also reminded me that XBL isn't cheap/free so I think I will just get the PS3 one for now. Peace of mind and solo play will tide me over and maybe...just maybe the online component will still be ok.

rod - good times man :D Add me on PSN too! my tag is Bi-7.

newsguy

Agent Ironside said:
:lol @ Keyser.

But thats enough laughs for now, its sexy time.

Now picture being in free roam with some buddies. One guy steals that particular truck, and parks it by the bridge. Now everyone can take turns trying to jump over the bridge on bikes. Or why not park 2 of those trucks head to head and coordinate simultaneous motorcycle jumps that end in midair collisions. Free Roam mode is going to have legs.

newsguy said:
Now picture being in free roam with some buddies. One guy steals that particular truck, and parks it by the bridge. Now everyone can take turns trying to jump over the bridge on bikes. Or why not park 2 of those trucks head to head and coordinate simultaneous motorcycle jumps that end in midair collisions. Free Roam mode is going to have legs.

*orgasm*

Beaulieu said:

:O

I would really like to play GTA IV, but I don't want to buy the pig in a poke without any gameplay-video. :/

newsguy said:

You could do this in Crackdown.

otake

Doesn't know that "You" is used in both the singular and plural
kaizoku said:
fuck you you just cost me another £200 :(

j/k

argh I dont know, I'm gonna feel super guilty if I buy a new 360 anytime soon. I just spent the equivalent of an arcade 360 on headphones + jvc sudh1 unit to give my ps3 surround sound - all in preparation of playing gta iv and mgs4. I suppose I could apply it to my 360 as well....

why couldnt sony just make the online good :(

Fallout-NL - I'm also from Europe. I don't consider the post a troll, its definitely part of my decision making process and as stated earlier I'm waiting so theres more chance of me getting one of the later gen 360s which are supposedly better.

You also reminded me that XBL isn't cheap/free so I think I will just get the PS3 one for now. Peace of mind and solo play will tide me over and maybe...just maybe the online component will still be ok.

rod - good times man :D Add me on PSN too! my tag is Bi-7.

surround sound, headphones? explain.

really explain, I want to do the same thing.

chico

Klaxon said:
Does GTA IV have some sort of special cover system?

kind of gow/uncharted cover system

and before you ask... you can shoot freely by pressing the left trigger half way down or get a lock on and target different body parts by pressing the left trigger all the way down, like in crackdown

chico said:
kind of gow/uncharted cover system

and before you ask... you can shoot freely by pressing the left trigger half way down or get a lock on and target different body parts by pressing the left trigger all the way down, like in crackdown

I want videos to see how this works in actual gameplay. :(

MMaRsu said:
Live for 38 euro's

gamehubs.com

I had a cheaper one but I can't find the link atm

That sounds interesting.

Top Bottom