• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Grand Theft Auto IV thread: The World Is Yours

Goldrusher

MMaRsu said:
gta4_billboard_la.jpg

f'ing sweet!

Awesome.

FirewalkR

Wollan said:
You will never see this huge step up again is probably what they're saying.

What Gary Whitta said.

Edit: OMG at those huge posters in the 3 buildings, u sure that isn't shopped? :D It truly is ON now!

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
Seriously, if you want a different cover than the 360 one, just make yourself a new cover with the chick for your 360 edition ( Or buy the PS3 version just for that duh ) :D

I will still get the 360 one. Niko > random slut licking a lolipop. Bitches.

MMaRsu said:
http://www.gta-series.com/it/newssite/data/upimages/gta4_billboard_la.jpg

f'ing sweet!

The pic on the left is on the PS3 SE, the one in the midle is on the 360 SE, I guess the one on the right is for the Wii SE.

Wollan

Gary Whitta said:
There IS going to be another generation after this one, you know. And another, and another...
But what would the next step be that's impossible this gen?
Besides improved everything on the next consoles the PS3/X360 could potentially deliver everything feature wise on a certain level for this franchise. You would have to take it to extremes to come up with features that's not possible on some level this gen, a virtual flu system or the ability to blow up the whole city with a nuclear bomb or whatever.

Hehe I love that the rival PS3 vs 360 box arts are such a big deal; this thread is going ASPLODE when people get their hands on the game and start comparing the actual versions...

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
WOW at the marketing!

Wollan said:
But would the next step be?
Besides improved everything on the next consoles the PS3/X360 could potentially deliver everything feature wise on a certain level for this franchise. You would have to take it to extremes to come up with features that's not possible on some level this gen, a virtual flu system or the ability to blow up the whole city with a nuclear bomb or whatever.
Guess what - we weren't able to predict half the cool shit that happened in this generation either. Just because you can't imagine it doesn't mean it isn't going to happen.

newsguy

Gary Whitta said:
Hehe I love that the rival PS3 vs 360 box arts are such a big deal; this thread is going ASPLODE when people get their hands on the game and start comparing the actual versions...
There will be a thread for that. I propose they title it : GTA IV console comparison thread (bring your COD4 pictures here).

h3ro

Gary Whitta said:

The Texchurr Warz will be amazing... grass will be magnified... bannings will occur... gifs will be posted...
dogs will be screwed

and in the end.. there will be an eerie quiet as everyone realizes that they spent so much time analyzing brick patterns that they forgot to play the game... then they'll bitch on GAF about how overrated the game was... :lol

h3ro said:
The Texchurr Warz will be amazing... grass will be magnified... bannings will occur... gifs will be posted...
dogs will be screwed

and in the end.. there will be an eerie quiet as everyone realizes that they spent so much time analyzing brick patterns that they forgot to play the game... then they'll bitch on GAF about how overrated the game was... :lol
LOL, GAF in a nutshell.

h3ro said:
dogs will be screwed

We've been promised that a separate thread will be created to isolate the destruction and keep the official thread clean.

Goreomedy said:
Just call it Thunderdome.

I'm assuming a few hundred will enter and at least a handful will leave.

Just so long as they quarantine the "my blades of grass are better than your blades of grass" bullshit I think GAF's (minority?) sane population will be happy.

h3ro

Felix Lighter said:
We've been promised that a separate thread will be created to isolate the destruction and keep the official thread clean.

Sounds good to me... I hope Dark10x and Dot50cal have their HD capture cards ready to go and random fanboys are ready to post articles on about pixel buffers and framerate shaders made this or that version superior.. its even better when they have no clue what it all means... "OMG it haz AF and that one only has AA it failz"

One week people... what is everyone's plan of attack to play all night/day on release??

I'm picking it up at a midnight launch at a local GameCrazy. I'm going to play all night (minus five minutes) and then go straight to work as a zombie...

Felix Lighter said:
I say if you already know which version you will be buying or you don't have a choice, stay the hell out of there or T.O. will have a reason to cry.
I'm actually kinda screwed as I won't have any opportunity to play it until a couple of weeks after release due to work. But maybe that's good as it'll give me a chance to hear some hands-on comparisons of the two versions before I commit to one or the other. At the moment though I am 99.9% 360, mostly because of DLC, achievements and a better friends list (for me) on that side. It would take a BIG shift toward the PS3 emerging as somehow the superior version to sway me at this point.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Okay guys, no review has been accurate IMO but this takes the price.

The (best) Swedish magazine, LEVEL gave GTA4 an 10/10. They never give anything a ten, except Mario and Zelda (...) games so this is quite a surprise for me.

GTA4 will be awesome.

DrXym

SolidSnakex said:
They really aren't handling GTA4 any differently than any other game when it comes to reviews though. Magazines always get the jump on them and then a few days before the games release you see website reviews. There's nothing to really suggest that they're doing anything dirty in order to get these high scores.

The only scores I've seen was in OXM where the review was so gushing that it was less a review and more a preview. They sounded almost apologetic at the end to mention some "minor grumbles". Then OPM did a similar soft treatment.

Other than that nothing but some softball reviews from bloggers like AICN who appear to have received VIP trips to Rockstar for their trouble. Hardly trustworthy.

Anyway the hype mostly reminds me of Assassins Creed. Remember too that AC got wall to wall coverage and gushing reviews from its first "exclusive" reviews. It didn't do too hot after that.

While I think GTA will be much better than AC, I see nothing controversial about wanting some independent reviews prior to launch to say how good the game is before spending money on it.

EMBee99

all that he wants is another baby
h3ro said:
dogs will be screwed

This shoiuld be in the new member FAQ.

Septimus

Himuro said:
Good Lord...what are you doing?!

...Nothing.
I freakin' loved that part of the trailer. It just felt so real and authentic, the accents and everything. 99% of other games just fail miserably in this regard and end up sounding either fake or forced, but Rockstar fucking nails it every time.

Yoshichan

h3ro said:
dogs will be screwed

Wow... this is... so true, it's not even funny!

Why would there be any comparisons anyway? Anyone who checks the boards enough already knows R* themselves have already identified the better looking version ... and chaos ensued lol *runs away*

Xdrive05

BobTheFork said:
Why would there be any comparisons anyway? Anyone who checks the boards enough already knows R* themselves have already identified the better looking version ... and chaos ensued lol *runs away*

Que? Did I miss something?

Xdrive05

Gary Whitta said:
Oh, snap!

he's right

Pretty much. Which means I'll be buying the game twice (thank you 8800gt!).

But what's this about R* saying which is the better version? I've been out of the loop for a while. What did they say?

Xdrive05 said:

But what's this about R* saying which is the better version? I've been out of the loop for a while. What did they say?
not trying to open that hornets nest, so I'll just pm you

Xdrive05 said:

Apparently some guys from Rockstar told Skip from 1Up that they preferred the graphics on PS3.

Top Bottom