• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Grand Theft Auto IV thread: The World Is Yours

I know this isn't the avatar request thread but I'm not sure where else to do it. Can I get one made of the head in my current avatar <3

It would be awesome.

6 days left!!!!!!!!!!

Grimm Fandango said:
So spake Skip. However that really doesn't belong in this thread and will only start shit up and hammers being thrown down.
THIS. I was just referring to what happened, thats why I didn't mention a person or a console. If you care, and would even believe it, go search it out. Grain of salt

zaidr

Grimm Fandango said:
So spake Skip. However that really doesn't belong in this thread and will only start shit up and hammers being thrown down.

Grimm, what did Skip say??? I must know!!! (PM is fine)

Dabanton

Felix Lighter said:
We've been promised that a separate thread will be created to isolate the destruction and keep the official thread clean.

I'm assuming a few hundred will enter and at least a handful will leave.

AdmiralAckbar.jpg

That proposed thread is a mod honey trap if ever i saw one.

and everyone will know this as well. But still they'll enter.

Apparently there was a 2min long gameplay video up on YouTube, but it got taken down almost straight away due to infringing copyright laws.

I can't wait for the IV-mat Warz(tm) thread. I'll enjoy the insanity vicariously, cause I won't be touching it with a 10 foot pole.

Mostly though, I'm just stunned that there are only 7 days left.

zaidr

Keyser Soze said:
Apparently there was a 2min long gameplay video up on YouTube, but it got taken down almost straight away due to infringing copyright laws.

Screw youtube. Get that shit up on dailymotion or something. Stuff never gets taken down from there...

Captain Pants

Killed by a goddamned Dredgeling
Keyser Soze said:

Part of me is bummed that I don't get to see it. I'm really trying to have GTA4 be a surprise when I put it in to play it, but I can't resist shaking my Christmas presents. YouTube better keep swatting these down so that I don't have to have strong willpower.

Revengeance said:
I can't wait for the IV-mat Warz(tm) thread. I'll enjoy the insanity vicariously, cause I won't be touching it with a 10 foot pole.

Mostly though, I'm just stunned that there are only 7 days left.
lol in 7 days I will have been playing it for 12 straight hours, midnight launch FTW

pn18

Banned
Keyser Soze said:
And I'm sure you downloaded it, don't you?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
BobTheFork said:
lol in 7 days I will have been playing it for 12 straight hours, midnight launch FTW
10 hours straight here... no midnight launch but I live in Sweden :)

Keyser Soze said:

I won't believe it until I see a video of you watching the video.

painey

Just found out my Game order is assigned to my debit card which I canceled.. when I try to switch it over to my new one it gives me an error.. fired off an email but it looks like i will be on the phone to customer services tomorrow :(

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Felix Lighter said:
I won't believe it until I see a video of you watching the video.
There's coke all over my keyboard now, thanks :lol

This pic should be the first thing in the OP now.

ern4ba.jpg

Yoshichan

Greg said:
I have class the next day, finals the next week.

I hate you. :lol
lol I'm going to be a wreck in the morning XD. I'm just glad they decided to do the Midnight launch. I'll be out of class at ten, and I don't work or have class the next day, and my finals will be 2 weeks after that im ready. NO SLEEP TILL *the Brooklyn equivalent I can't remember the name of*!!!!
I toyed briefly with the idea of trying to be one of the first to finish it, but everyone on the east coast gets a head start and you KNOW 10 copies will leak and those people will lock it up. Oh well, I want to enjoy this anyway. I alway start my GTA's slow, looking for packages stealing small cash from people, and once I get a gun its killer time.

raYne

BobTheFork said:
lol I'm going to be a wreck in the mourning XD. I'm just glad they decided to do the Midnight launch. I'll be out of class at ten, and I don't work or have class the next day, and my finals will be 2 weeks after that im ready. NO SLEEP TILL *the Brooklyn equivalent I can't remember the name of*!!!!
I toyed briefly with the idea of trying to be one of the first to finish it, but everyone on the east coast gets a head start and you KNOW 10 copies will leak and those people will lock it up. Oh well, I want to enjoy this anyway. I alway start my GTA's slow, looking for packages stealing small cash from people, and once I get a gun its killer time.
I laughed.

Fletcher

I have jury duty on the 29th. I'm still not sure if I should go to the midnight launch and be a fucking wreck at 7 a.m. (the time you need to report for JD), or not.

Yoshichan

.nimrod said:
Just watch the whole vid, i swear you won't regret it :D
Just did... I feel like an idiot now.

I'm even gonna edit my last post :/

Fletcher said:
I have jury duty on the 29th. I'm still not sure if I should go to the midnight launch and be a fucking wreck at 7 a.m. (the time you need to report for JD), or not.

Just say you're "prejudiced against all races" a la Homer and you should get out of it ;)

Seiken said:
Just did... I feel like an idiot now.

I'm even gonna edit my last post :/
lol I didn't get it for a long time. I couldn't tell that was real video at first. That was pretty funny, funny enough that I don't care I didn't see a real video. Mine the hype kicked in these last few days, I can't wait.

BobTheFork said:
LOL thats that I did. I feel dumb now... IS THAT REAL?!?!?!
that was funny though

I'm guessing it's a Rick Rolled or whatever type thing? I'm at work and can't see it but it seems the thread would be exploding if it was real.

Fletcher

There something different reading some gameplay information and descriptions and actually seeing it. I really really hope there aren't Youtube videos of gameplay footage up before I get my hands on the game. I really want to be wowed when I turn on my system.

Yoshichan

MotorbreathX said:
I'm guessing it's a Rick Rolled or whatever type thing? I'm at work and can't see it but it seems the thread would be exploding if it was real.
It's ingame footage of Grand Theft Auto IV: Real Life Simulator

Top Bottom