• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Grand Theft Auto IV thread: The World Is Yours

Fletcher

Tr4nce said:
Huh? You're Dutch? Cool.

Oh and Fletcher: you've got jury duty on the 29th? Oh man, what a cruel fate... Is that in the morning, afternoon, or what?

Dude. You have no idea. I had it in November, but was not going to be here and postponed it. I was able to pick ANY DAY that I wanted and I chose the fucking 29th. This was before they announced the release day, mind you. How fucking shitty is that? It's at 7 a.m., too.

Tr4nce

Fletcher said:
Dude. You have no idea. I had it in November, but was not going to be here and postponed it. I was able to pick ANY DAY that I wanted and I chose the fucking 29th. This was before they announced the release day, mind you. How fucking shitty is that? It's at 7 a.m., too.

So, you even picked the date yourself? Oh man, I bet you could slap yourself in the face huh? Anyway just have someone pick up the game and bring it to your house :D

woodchuck

who cares about not getting ingame footage. we've dealt with it for the other GTA's.

i just want to see a tv commercial that's not the gamestop ad

Tek

I told my manager that don't expect me to be worth a damn a week from today. I'm going to the midnight launch and then try to only play for 30 minutes ( * cough * 6 hours... ) and then go into work while I read all the impressions, system wars, I hate ( name of store ), RROD suicide watches and such....

Should help the day go by....

Goldrusher

Tr4nce said:
Huh? You're Dutch? Cool.

No!
C-flanders.png

Dinosaurr

Neo Member
I'm going to try and hit a spot here in NYC where I got brawl and halo 3 two days early in the past. Hopefully I can get it earlier.

Zep

Banned
notjackbauer said:
NYC. Same as you, from the looks of your avatar. You got any other leads?

Iapetus gave me this permanent avy, lol...I'm a Phillies guy.

I'm in Jersey and I'm getting my copy up in North Jersey. I would like to delve further but you know Rockstar is snooping around ;) and I don't wanna expose shops. I'll throw you a PM if it becomes available...It shouldn't be a far ride if you're in the City.

Dinosaurr said:
I'm going to try and hit a spot here in NYC where I got brawl and halo 3 two days early in the past. Hopefully I can get it earlier.

mind if i pm you? i'm curious to know if we're talking about the same place.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Jason's Ultimatum said:
Uh, I don't know if this is a spoiler or not, but there are multiple endings in the game.

Wat.

Assfuck if true. I'm going to have to play it to get all the endings

rocK`

Banned
can one of you two PM me? I'm in Binghamton now, but would love to know a place in NYC when I go back home to LI/manhattan

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Zep said:
Iapetus gave me this permanent avy, lol...I'm a Phillies guy.

I'm in Jersey and I'm getting my copy up in North Jersey. I would like to delve further but you know Rockstar is snooping around ;) and I don't wanna expose shops. I'll throw you a PM if it becomes available...It shouldn't be a far ride if you're in the City.

You going where I think u are going?

I am having gamefly send it to me, so I wont be buying it, just curious if they are selling it

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Posting again:
Can someone make me a GTA4 avatar with this:

34oc6x0.jpg

You guys are awesome. I want to join in on the fun :(

Jason's Ultimatum said:
Uh, I don't know if this is a spoiler or not, but there are multiple endings in the game.
Not a spoiler but HUGE. I had no clue about that! Interesting... Well They have said that secondary characters can die and affect game flow... is it possible that you won't even be able to play all the missions the first time trough the game because of selective branching?!?!?!? That would a first for GTA

Bboy AJ said:
Posting again:

34oc6x0.jpg

Read the OP:

Rules

1. No console wars
2. This is NOT a GTAIV avatar request thread.
3. Use spoiler tags for remotely surprising or easter egg-ish.
4. Have fun!

Twig

Banned
Bboy AJ said:
Posting again:

34oc6x0.jpg

You were most likely ignored the first time because it explicitly says in the first post that this is not an avatar request thread. D:

EDIT: Beaten^2

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Yeah, well, a few others got their requests! :p

It's not that serious if I don't get one. Thanks :D

Gowans

I can feel the hype starting up, boxes starting to get to shops, game out in the wild, ebay, leaks and impressions, digning up to Gamertag thread in the Online Forum :D :D :D

But God Damn It!!!! I was ready for the midnight launch day planned of work and now I have to go to a Monday - Tuesday conference / team building bullshit thing with work, gona have to get a mate to pick up my preorder and then run back to put in the game and get going late.

GAH!!! do they not release its GTA IV!

Also doesnt help im playing The Simpsons game that I picked up cheap this weekend and the GTScrachy references are also adding :lol

Hunter D

Gowans007 said:
I can feel the hype starting up, boxes starting to get to shops, game out in the wild, ebay, leaks and impressions, digning up to Gamertag thread in the Online Forum :D :D :D

But God Damn It!!!! I was ready for the midnight launch day planned of work and now I have to go to a Monday - Tuesday conference / team building bullshit thing with work, gona have to get a mate to pick up my preorder and then run back to put in the game and get going late.

GAH!!! do they not release its GTA IV!

Also doesnt help im playing The Simpsons game that I picked up cheap this weekend and the GTScrachy references are also adding :lol
Can't wait to snipe you in GTA!

zaidr

Xdrive05 said:
So has the game NOT been leaked? We should have had gameplay videos by now...

I think the leaked ones turned out to be fakes tbh. At least that 7.1 gb one that was discussed a few pages back. It turns out its some version of Amped.

blanky

Himuro said:
I'd appreciate it if you guys would post the Online threads here so I can add them to the OP. Thankfully I just caught the PSN thread.

Himuro, bout that. What do you think of creating a Gaf GTA4 gamertag? So you don't have to visit the website but just check friends of friends of said gamertag to invite gaffers?

Top Bottom