• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Grand Theft Auto IV thread: The World Is Yours

chubigans said:
I just called a Gamestop guy just to be 100% sure there's a midnight launch.

"Thank you for calling Gamestop, how can I help you?"
"Yes, are you guys having a midnight launch for GTA?"
"...yes."
"And it's for preorder guys only?"
"..............yes."
"Hah, I bet you guys got that question a lot eh?"
"......................................................yesssssssssssssss."

Hah, what a jerk.

I literally JUST called my Gamestop and asked the same exact thing.

h3ro

Costanza said:
Those look like preorder boxes to me cause of that grey banner on them :\

I think you're right...

from the April pickup thread:

Blablurn said:
9s5enp.jpg

German Pre-Order Box :O

Costanza

Banned
Himuro said:
The game is out, people are playing it right now. There was a video uploaded to youtube apparently, but it was taken down immediately.
The youtube thing could have easily been made up... nobody here actually saw it.

RBH

Himuro said:
The game is out, people are playing it right now. There was a video uploaded to youtube apparently, but it was taken down immediately.
Time for me to bail out of this thread.

I'd rather see the gameplay for myself when I get the game instead of seeing it for the first time on some low quality YouTube video.

j-wood

I hope the cheat codes are back in the same format :D

R2 R2 L1 R2 left down right up left down right up

The codes for GTA III have turned into muscle memory.

newsguy

MercuryLS said:
Why do people still type out "Nico", it's "Niko".

:lol I just realised I did that. The reason it's funny, because I always think the same thing, why are people typing Nico? I've been brainwashed!

Zzoram

j-wood said:

The codes for three have turned into muscle memory.

If EA bought Take Two before the discs went gold, those cheat codes would've cost $2 a pop.

I think it's cool that rockstar is giving away stuff to people who get 100% first. But that's not really how these games are meant to be played imo. You need to throw yourself into the world to get anything more than an ok experience out of it.

GeoramA

j-wood said:

The codes for three have turned into muscle memory.
Imagine if Rockstar decided not to put codes in. I think I'd cancel my pre-order :lol

AmMortal

Banned
Man, i keep thinking the same person is posting because all your avatars look the same.:lol

anyways just pre ordered the SE PS3 version @ GAME, gonna get it on launch day.:D

j-wood

Guys...I don't want to wait 5 more days.

Lets get our pitchforks and march on Gamestop's and Game crazy's! They have to hand over the game...we know they have them!

GO GAF mob GO!

this is gonna be the most stressful week of my life. i gotta wait until tuesday for gta4, and i got my std results on tuesday too :(

i'm panicking over both of these :(

newsguy

bdizzle said:
this is gonna be the most stressful week of my life. i gotta wait until tuesday for gta4, and i got my std results on tuesday too :(

i'm panicking over both of these :(

Look on the bright side, the joy of playing GTAIV will offset a positive HIV test.
bad joke. I hope you're going for a treatable std

newsguy said:
Look on the bright side, the joy of playing GTAIV will offset a positive HIV test.
bad joke. I hope you're going for a treatable std

lol that's fucking mean. when i went to the dr today she said it looked like just a rash since ive been using new condoms. she said stop using them and see they go away. i havent used them in maybe a week so here's hoping it's cool. i don't have unprotected sex so im like 99.9% sure i'm cool, but this shit scares the fuck outta me anyway. i think ima have change my avatar from smileydude to frownydude :(

Barrett2

j-wood said:
Guys...I don't want to wait 5 more days.

Lets get our pitchforks and march on Gamestop's and Game crazy's! They have to hand over the game...we know they have them!

GO GAF mob GO!

One Gamestop crew is no match for a well armed GAF mob! I want my GTA4, damnit!
mob_pitchforks_small.jpg

newsguy

bdizzle said:
lol that's fucking mean. when i went to the dr today she said it looked like just a rash since ive been using new condoms. she said stop using them and see they go away. i havent used them in maybe a week so here's hoping it's cool. i don't have unprotected sex so im like 99.9% sure i'm cool, but this shit scares the fuck outta me anyway. i think ima have change my avatar from smileydude to frownydude :(

Nah stay positive with smiley dude. I thought I had the clap once
even had fluid coming out :0
but it turned out to be a common male uti.

Top Bottom