• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Grand Theft Auto IV thread: The World Is Yours

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
MrTroubleMaker said:
looks like stores can sell it early now..

27ywepc.jpg
couldn't this easily be faked? where's the source?

painey

indie85 said:
IS that fake??

does seem to be a suspiciously good scan of a print letter. I assume it is not a digital email letter as it has the stores address on, while reads to be addressed to "all retailers"

Wow... after watching this for 10 min, I want to get into some multiplayer cops and crooks so bad.

The shooting does look a lot better. Looks like the characters are a bit heavier and you're dealing with more momentum issues... you can't take off running super fast or stop on a dime. I like how the character turns while moving too, with the lean.

I wasn't going to take wednesday off, but I'm now considering it...

dork

Banned
FAKE

Every game has leaked on the internet, Every game with a street date is in stores early. Even bioshock's commercial ran 2 days early. They arent bumping the game up relax.

ps. this guy playing gtaiv is horrible, he said he doesnt know anything about the game. never played a gta before

SpeedingUptoStop

Honk the horn to calll a hooker? AMAZING REVOLUTION

health meter seems a lot easier to drain than before. Maybe it's cuz he sucks, but i dunno..

otake

Doesn't know that "You" is used in both the singular and plural
MrTroubleMaker said:

27ywepc.jpg

if true, would that apply to amazon as well?

yeah, I ordered my copy from amazon. :(

JCtheMC

MrTroubleMaker said:

27ywepc.jpg

Just got off the phone with my local Intertoys. They hadn't heard anything about this letter... and they didn't have the game in stock yet.

Edit: He also mentioned a €10.000 fine and exclusion from the second shipment for those who do break the streetdate.

SpeedingUptoStop

Wow, he could've jsut called him the whole time.

Still doesn't know how to use a hooker? HAVE YOU HEARD NOTHING ABOUT gta EVER?

syllogism

I've to say watching these streams has made waiting for the PC version much more tolerable. The game looks good and is very likely the best GTA game yet, but despite all the improvements it's still more of the same. Not that it was reasonable to expect anything else, but it's still sobering to see it in action. Looking forward to multiplayer though, the mods just weren't the same.

SpeedingUptoStop

This relationship with Roman is gonna be sooooo much fun.
he accidentally shoots him, and now Roman's like "eh...fuck it! we're cousins!"

Guys does the game look as good as we hoped?

I don't want to see any footage or even read any more previews at this point, and have skipped over most posts. Just looking for verification :)

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
The animation on the shop owner getting gunned down, so awesome.

Edit: Ugh, has this guy's commentary been so inane the entire time?

otake

Doesn't know that "You" is used in both the singular and plural
Iamthegamer said:
This relationship with Roman is gonna be sooooo much fun.
he accidentally shoots him, and now Roman's like "eh...fuck it! we're cousins!"

LOL! :lol

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
Iamthegamer said:
the moron jsut entered a mission when he was looking for the safehouse. Jesus.

Yeah, I closed it out. Finally someone with some decent capture tech, and he's a flippin' idiot.

Tr4nce

I watched the gameplay video's but something makes me think that I would be somehow happier if I had waited until Tuesday and then seeing it all for the first time on my own TV. Oh well, better luck next time :lol

Nameless

So tempting to watch the stream but I want all these "holy shit" moments to be experienced first hand Monday night. But GAFs reaction to even a skilless noob playing the early portions of the game has me wanting to shit with excitement.

SpeedingUptoStop

"when your body connects with the reproductive organs, of another man, lemme tell you something - it's pain, and beauty.":lol

ssoass

Lol at the far right paranoid terrorism radio channel.

"Eat lead you Al-Qoncazo motherfucker!".
:lol

And the TV channel with the
poker/card game being presented like a big time sporting event...
I see that in real life.:lol
One person claps... "And the crowd is going absolutely wild".:lol

Top Bottom