• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Grand Theft Auto IV thread: The World Is Yours

MMaRsu

Free mode is already in.

Himuro you can watch this vid no doubt. No story stuff in it at all, but it's fucking sweeeeet.
They use Kanye Wests Flashing Lights in it too...man that vid is SO badass

MMaRsu said:
Free mode is already in.

Himuro you can watch this vid no doubt. No story stuff in it at all, but it's fucking sweeeeet.

Yeah the intro with the Flashing Lights song was the shit! Glad it made it to the soundtrack.

MMaRsu

Fuck man my hype is through the roof to the point I don't have any interest in playing anything else at all right now..I need to get this game tomorrow!!!

dedhead54

MMaRsu said:
Fuck man my hype is through the roof to the point I don't have any interest in playing anything else at all right now..I need to get this game tomorrow!!!

I've tried to play a few games today and nothing can keep my mind off of GTA. I'll play like 20 minutes of something then decide to go back to the computer where I just sit and talk about/read about GTA. :lol

MMaRsu

I know right? Man I wish GT had their video review up..always love those too

dedhead54 said:
I've tried to play a few games today and nothing can keep my mind off of GTA. I'll play like 20 minutes of something then decide to go back to the computer where I just sit and talk about/read about GTA. :lol

Excactly the same man..It's kinda nerdy to admit I guess but I've been thinking about GTA for days now, every day when I wake up I think well one less day till GTA comes out :lol .

Man that sounds so nerdy haha..but it's true this game has got my by the fucking balls, and I doubt it's gonna let them go in the next months ( years? ) :p.

The Chef

MMaRsu said:
Free mode is already in.

I just got done watching it. Freakin unreal

Has anyone found out if you could customize the controls in the game? I would hope at least one review brings up the fact that you could customize the controls.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Linkzg said:
Has anyone found out if you could customize the controls in the game? I would hope at least one review brings up the fact that you could customize the controls.

They did say you can tweak the sixaxis tilt controls to an incredible degree. Why wouldn't they do the same for controls? :D

Cheeto

Defcon said:
If you only plan on playing single player, definitely. DLC is enticing for the 360 though, but I'm pretty sure PS3 will get some form of DLC at some point as well.
I'm pretty sure the retail SP experience will be enough for me until the PC release.

chubigans said:
They did say you can tweak the sixaxis tilt controls to an incredible degree. Why wouldn't they do the same for controls? :D

I don't know, but I just want someone to find out before I buy the game.

I want to use R1 to shoot and L1 to aim instead of the bad R2/L2 on the DS3. Both R1 and L1 and analog, so let me use them! For driving I don't have an issue with R2/L2, but after playing the Kane and Lynch (awful) demo yesterday to test out how R2/L2 shooting controls work, I am sure it would annoy me while playing, especially with a handgun or shotgun.

The Chef

dedhead54 said:
The game is so good that IGN even made the video review exceptionally awesome. Goddamn.:lol

they definitely spent some extra time to make the video so badass
The helicopter clip at the very end :lol

dedhead54

My favorite parts are the car chase where they're in the cop car and blow up the car in front of them, and the helicopter flying over The Meat Quarter (Meatpacking District).

allreal

lol @ the bat fight...the blind firing of the rpg's, the helicopter view of the city, the sex in the front seat, the explosion roll towards the end................wow.epic.

For the people that decided to not watch the leaked gameplay videos, trust me. The game deserves the 10. The physics and animations are some of the best I've seen.

calder

Fuck it, I cancelled my preorder at an EB that won't be open midnight and am about to go to a futureshop that will be open at 12:01 so I can prebuy the SE.

GTA! Woo!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Fuck yeah, I don't have work on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday! Gonna fucking play so much!

The IGN Video review is the first video I have watched on the game and all I can say is WOW!!!!!!!! Hype through the roof, out of the sky, hell out of this universe!!!!!!!!!!

Kosma

Banned
Himuro said:
Holy SHIT @ the multiplayer part where they're dodging missles.

It's going to be so sweet man. So fucking sweet.

Somehow I'm getting a Midtown Madness vibe from the MP. It doesn't make sense I know.

Am I the only one?

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
God, Multiplayer with GAF will fucking own! Endless possibilities

The part when the guy falls from the crane (after being sniped) and lands on the car (setting the alarm off), is the greatest thing I've ever seen in a game.

Aladuf

Banned
God damn, after seeing the IGN score and the Meet Niko trailer my hype is through the fucking roof! I can't wait until Midnight launch, I'm gonna be all over this game.

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
oo Kosma oo said:
It's going to be so sweet man. So fucking sweet.

Somehow I'm getting a Midtown Madness vibe from the MP. It doesn't make sense I know.

Am I the only one?
oh shit then it will be a must buy.

I'm on the edge with this one. I couldn't give a damn about any of the other GTA's. To damn random but the IGN review seemed to make it nice.

Is it possible to avoid the strippers and all that shit or is it forced in the story? The wifey can't stand that shit and I can't either really..

guise

I am so glad i took thursday and friday off work. That + bank holiday monday + GTA = hardcore gaming weekend. dissappointed to hear the fucking lead platform isnt the most optimised, but hey i can live with a few flaws, just give me the damn game!

From the review.

The idea of a "living, breathing city" has always been somewhat of a joke in gaming. Every city in the past has felt artificial in some way. But Liberty City feels like a real place. And its history is built not only into the architecture and the people, but even in the music. There are more than 200 songs in GTA IV and many of them were recorded or remastered with specific references to Liberty City. You'll hear songs on the Classics station referencing the city, as if to suggest there's decades of history built into the culture. The soundtrack is an unbelievable blend of rock, pop, reggae, R&B and hip-hop. But more astounding is how well the songs and the DJs blend into the city itself.

:O

Just watched the IGN Vid review. Cool to see gameplay footage but what a poorly done review. You'd think that after so much time in the biz, the IGN guys could at least put together a review with a bit of substance. Guess not.

Can't wait for the gametrailers review...always so much better.

dedhead54

I've watched the video review like 5 times and i'm about to start it for the 6th time. I cannot believe how incredible this game looks now.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
elguerosinfe said:
Just watched the IGN Vid review. Cool to see gameplay footage but what a poorly done review. You'd think that after so much time in the biz, the IGN guys could at least put together a review with a bit of substance. Guess not.

That was pretty horrible no? Heck, even the gameplay vids don't show all that much in terms of exploring (though maybe they're trying to back off spoilers in the vid?)...pretty poor vid review (except for the awesome intro).

It would also have been nice to post which version is which in the vids instead of relying on the GUI (there was PS3 and 360 footage mixed together).

Ah well.

RumFore

Banned
elguerosinfe said:

Can't wait for the gametrailers review...always so much better.

I thought it was actually good. I was hoping they wouldn't give away too much and they actually didn't give away anything.

newsguy

Well friends, months of frothing anticipation have not been ignored by the gaming gods (or my friends). I will actually get to play the game at a buddy's house tonight. He didn't pirate it, it's legit. It's on the 360 which is the console I'm getting it for. Can't wait to get out of work!

Ten-Song

chubigans said:
It would also have been nice to post which version is which in the vids instead of relying on the GUI (there was PS3 and 360 footage mixed together).

Ah well.

Well, if someone like me can only tell which version is being played based on which buttons show up on the screen, then that only means good things about both versions.

Ten-Song said:
Well, if someone like me can only tell which version is being played based on which buttons show up on the screen, then that only means good things about both versions.

Yeah, seriously. If you can't tell the difference, it's irrelevant.

Top Bottom