• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Grand Theft Auto IV thread: The World Is Yours

SNUG REVOL said:
I'm playing right now. Ask anything.(360 version)
is there a listing of all the songs in the instruction book?

if so can you verify a rumor that popped up wenesday that Tech N9ne has a song on the soundtrack?

Felix Lighter said:
The most obvious question is, How awesome is it?

IGN's score is too low. Seriously

Jtyettis said:
No optional install right?
Nope.
BenjaminBirdie said:
The most obvious question is: Zip Code and Cross Streets.

:D
lolz :p
dk_ said:
Describe teh pop-ups!

There are pop ups. Doesn't break the overall flow of things at all. At least for me. The game looks incredible. The details are crazy. No two roads looks alike.

Oh, Euphoria kicks ass.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Maybe the rumors about Niko are true, if so it explains why the video review was so lackluster (didn't watch it).

Francias Castiglione said:
How awesome is it getting drunk and taking a taxi?

(I know the answer I just want someone else to verify)

Getting drunk is awesome. I wish the effects lasted a bit longer actually:lol If you try to run while drunk you pretty much always fall over. Driving drunk is damn near impossible.

Taking a cab is also a blast. Its pretty cool just looking around while someone does all the driving. Again this goes back to insane amount of details in the city.

neptunes said:
how much loading have you encountered?
To be honest more than I expected. But never longer than 15 seconds or so. The only time it really does any hefty loading is during the intro and switching from single to multi.

Theres usually a load time after each mission cut scene. Not all cut scenes but some.

SNUG REVOL said:
To be honest more than I expected. But never longer than 15 seconds or so. The only time it really does any hefty loading is during the intro and switching from single to multi.

Theres usually a load time after each mission cut scene. Not all cut scenes but some.

The initial loading is how long?

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
SNUG REVOL said:

Please don't say its crackdown / halo 3 demo style http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jz3br1q5wIQ :(

Loudninja said:
Hey how is driving to you?

L O V E I T.

You have to completely unlearn what past GTA games have taught you. No longer can you hand brake around every corner. Its a perfect balance between realism and fun. The crazy bike physics have been turned down a bit but you can still pull off some crazy jumps.

vumpler said:
Please don't say its crackdown / halo 3 demo style http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jz3br1q5wIQ :(
Not sure what you mean :-/ The load times aren't bad at all.

Loudninja

SNUG REVOL said:
L O V E I T.

You have to completely unlearn what past GTA games have taught you. No longer can you hand brake around every corner. Its a perfect balance between realism and fun. The crazy bike physics have been turned down a bit but you can still pull off some crazy jumps.

Not sure what you mean :-/ The load times aren't bad at all.

NICE! thanks dude.

besada

Banned
Snug, I don't suppose you could, I don't know, push like a hundred people down stairs while videotaping it for me, could you?

Is Euphoria the shit? Is it as cool as I've made it in my mind?

AkuMifune

Banned
GTAIV is the culmination of all game development up to this point in time. It features the best driving, the best shooting, the best story, the best character development, the best free-roaming gameplay, the best non-linear game structure, the biggest breasts, the largest cocks, the mightiest dragons, the most unholy beasts, the 7 circles of hell and the nine pits of doom! It will rape your father, sodomize your mother, rip out your heart, eat your soul, crush your enemies, drive them before you and hear the lamentation of your women!

I'm pretty excited.

dejay

Banned
I've heard Hillary Goldstein from IGN say that he never finished GTA SA and that while he appreciated the style and music of GTA VC, he only really liked GTA III. For someone who obviously isn't a total GTA fanboy (unlike myself) to give GTA IV a 10, from an organisation that hasn't given a game a 10 in almost ten years, has me really excited.

madmook

SNUG REVOL said:
No longer can you hand brake around every corner.
Fuuuuuuuck that's how I always drove in III and VC.

And who the fuck started that "there's an optional install on the 360 version" bullshit anyways?

duk

Banned
dayam this has got to be the biggest game this year... multiplatform anyways... this will be my first GTA4 game! wooooooooooooo

ascii42

madmook said:
Fuuuuuuuck that's how I always drove in III and VC.

And who the fuck started that "there's an optional install on the 360 version" bullshit anyways?
I think it was in one of those fake preview/review things.

G-Bus

Banned
Antimatter said:

:O

Alright, need to keep busy from now until tuesday. I'm toruturing myself.

rangers +1, tie game.

besada said:
Snug, I don't suppose you could, I don't know, push like a hundred people down stairs while videotaping it for me, could you?

Is Euphoria the shit? Is it as cool as I've made it in my mind?

Sorry man, I dont have anything hooked up to capture videos.

Euphoria will blow your mind. I cant even put it into words. Its beyond anything I expected. Lets just say getting head shots on peds while in full sprint will never get old.:D

Himuro said:
What are missions like? Are they the same go here, kill this guy? Or are they more dynamic?

Very dynamic. Im not sure how to give you any examples without spoiling them. Of course there are the typical kill this guy, take me here missions but so far its been well varied.

There are so many cool places the missions take place, even during the earlier stages of the game.

pulled this from the IGN thread...

AgentOtaku said:
so has anyone discussed the video review...more specifically, the women jumping up and down on Niko in the Car! (O___O)

...I mean, isn't this gonna be a big deal? ...nothing suggested...it's just flat out shown....

Kudos to R* for being adults about it and not giving a shit

besada

Banned
SNUG REVOL said:
Euphoria will blow your mind. I cant even put it into words. Its beyond anything I expected. Lets just say getting head shots on peds while in full sprint will never get old.:D

I just wet myself. Speaking of targeting. The fact that you can take a headshot while sprinting suggests they've actually fixed the targeting system. Does the lock-on allow you to select body parts, or is the aiming tight enough to actually take a moving headshot?

Core407

Banned
Xdrive05 said:
This could be the "sleeper-GOTF" no? We all new it would be good, even AAA, but apparently it's the best ever.

I expected it to be this good. Obviously we can never know how good it is until we play it, but it's impact on the industry is about what GTA3 did.

Wollan said:
GTA4 has the best explosions ever.

YES

During some free roam sessions I had helicopter chasing me in the middle of times square. I manage to take it out with a lucky rpg but the the impact knocked off the rotary blades sending it down to the streets only to swat me across the road.

itxaka

Defeatist
Himuro said:
Gimme a light example. :) Not too spoiler heavy, but spoiler tag it anyways!

Please! :D i wanna know how dynamic. :)

I´ll give you one that got me

You got a call from a misterious man, you go meet him. someone is blackmailing him and wants to meet with him. This guy is scared so he sent you instead. You arrive at the place and receive a call from the mission guy, the blackmailer is on the park so he is gonna sent you his phone. You got a text message with his phone, call him and search the park to see who is talking into the phone. then you kill him :) . Pretty good use of the phone thing IMO

Top Bottom