• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Grand Theft Auto IV thread: The World Is Yours

mileS

Anyone remember the conversation on an older GFW about maps that come with games? :lol

I don't feel as nerdy putting a GTA map up on my wall as I would for any other game. Actually now that I think of it GTA is the only game that i'll even consider doing this.

Kosma

Banned
There was a guy at the store today convinced that the PS3 verison would have more content because of Blu Ray and that Rockstar said so, I didn't correct him and let him buy a PS3 :lol

He was so excited about (35+ guy and he came with his wife) that I didn't want to shatter his dreams there.

Spy

I go to the GTAIV board for 1 second on GameFAQs to ask if anyone has purchased GTAIV in my city and the first topic I see has a spoiler for the ending of the game.

dedhead54

Spy said:
I go to the GTAIV board for 1 second on GameFAQs to ask if anyone has purchased GTAIV in my city and the first topic I see has a spoiler for the ending of the game.

That's why I've been avoiding that message board for the most part. That sucks, dude.

noire said:
Anyone in Denver pick it up yet?

I don't even know if there are any other gaffers here.
The only games stores in Denver IMO are GS, EB, BB and trade in shops. None of the trade in shopsI'
i've talked to will ever have it until the day before, so I opted for midnight GS launch. Best option I could find. I'm using the GS next to Barnes and Noble on Col BLVD.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Himuro, how did it go?!

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Spy said:

I highly doubt anyone has made it to the end of the game yet. Don't worry about it.

Fletcher

If anyone hears anything about Souther California, please let me know. I may even give you an HJ.

Edit: Souther is below Southern. Shit is nuts.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Himuro said:
Failure to persuade them to sell me game! :(
I think they should forgo the dumb midnight launch and let people pick it up on the way home from work on Monday. I mean, midnight where I'm at will be about 5:00PM in Euroland. I could be spending that time sleeping or playing the game instead of standing in line like a tool.

Fletcher

I remember when SA came out, my Gamestop sold the game at about 7p.m. the day before. They didn't wait until midnight. They had a line up and all that jazz, but just started giving it out at 7? Kind of weird.

bjscott05

Fletcher said:
I remember when SA came out, my Gamestop sold the game at about 7p.m. the day before. They didn't wait until midnight. They had a line up and all that jazz, but just started giving it out at 7? Kind of weird.

Mine did the same thing. That was before midnight launches for games were all the craze though.

I wish they would just sell them Monday before midnight too just because after all the shit that went down at the Halo 3 launch, I was really hesitant to preorder at my Gamestop again but they're the only store thats really close to me thats doing a midnight launch. Basically, a fight broke out because a group of trashy wannabe ghetto kids who thought they were the shit, cut way in front of the line and it was completely obvious but that didnt matter...they didnt want to move eventhough the whole line was ready to jump them. Long story short, they get into a fight with a few people in line, Gamestop employees freak out and basically scream at everyone and the rest of the night is awwwwwkwaaard!!!!!

Tr4nce

Tokubetsu said:
The Niko trailer is amazing. I really think he's going to end up being my favorate GTA protagonist. I love how R* is making him out to be an anti-hero and not just a straight up criminal like the others before him.

I hear you man. Niko is such a nice character. He's a bad dude, but underneath he's just this good guy. I'm glad I'm getting to spend so much time with this guy, he just rocks.

Oh and about the question whether or not I have been hyped more for a game than this? I can't remember. I remember being obessed with SOTC and FFXII too, but not at this sick level. The waiting is just one big agony, which is totally wrong IMO, because you just have to enjoy everyday of your life, I guess.

gnarkill bill said:
I wish they would just sell them Monday before midnight too just because after all the shit that went down at the Halo 3 launch, I was really hesitant to preorder at my Gamestop again but they're the only store thats really close to me thats doing a midnight launch. Basically, a fight broke out because a group of trashy wannabe ghetto kids who thought they were the shit, cut way in front of the line and it was completely obvious but that didnt matter...they didnt want to move eventhough the whole line was ready to jump them. Long story short, they get into a fight with a few people in line, Gamestop employees freak out and basically scream at everyone and the rest of the night is awwwwwkwaaard!!!!!

That is always a possibility. I am pretty sure that the Cops are going to be at the GameStop I will be at. Its not a bad area or anything, its just to keep stupid shit from happening.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
THE TIME IS NOW 2 MINUTES PAST 00:00!

That means only one thing!

THREE MORE DAYS TO GO.

QA()Qfgvbnjmk

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
buffyoda said:
IGN 10ed it.
:O

chubigans said:
Wha? Where'd you get this?
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/869/869541p1.html

10 Presentation
The story is Oscar quality. The use of the phone as a gaming portal is genius. There's really nothing more that could be asked for from GTA IV.
10 Graphics
The level of detail is astounding. Liberty City feels alive and lived in. While there are some technical issues, the artistic merits push the score to the max. A true marvel.
10 Sound
The dialogue makes the story. Without the excellent writing and the stellar voice acting, the story would fail. And the soundtrack kills -- more than 200 songs and almost all are great choices.
10 Gameplay
The cover and targeting system work great. Blind firing with an RPG is a thing of beauty. Everything works in harmony and not a single one of the missions is bad. The most fun I've had in years.
10 Lasting Appeal
The story will take anywhere from 25-45 hours to complete, depending on your skill level and attention span. There's plenty more to do once you finish the story, such as excellent multiplayer.
Masterful OVERALL
(out of 10 / not an average) See All Award Recipients

Yoshichan

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/869/869541p7.html

WHAT THE FUCK?

10 Presentation
The story is Oscar quality. The use of the phone as a gaming portal is genius. There's really nothing more that could be asked for from GTA IV.

10 Graphics
The level of detail is astounding. Liberty City feels alive and lived in. While there are some technical issues, the artistic merits push the score to the max. A true marvel.

10 Sound
The dialogue makes the story. Without the excellent writing and the stellar voice acting, the story would fail. And the soundtrack kills -- more than 200 songs and almost all are great choices.

10 Gameplay
The cover and targeting system work great. Blind firing with an RPG is a thing of beauty. Everything works in harmony and not a single one of the missions is bad. The most fun I've had in years.

10 Lasting Appeal
The story will take anywhere from 25-45 hours to complete, depending on your skill level and attention span. There's plenty more to do once you finish the story, such as excellent multiplayer.

Masterful OVERALL

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Kandrick said:
Here come the fanboys :lol :lol
not fanboy, but I pride myself in having common sense, such as not talking shit about a game I've never even seen in person. anything you have to say is nullified by your one post. grats and kudos.

Top Bottom