• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Grand Theft Auto IV thread: The World Is Yours

Jtrizzy

"Grab my titties you fuck"

Wow, the blow jobs, hand jobs, and especially the sex at the end are taking it waaaay beyond what the old ones did.

Ok I'm taking a look at the guide right now and it looks like theres quite a bit of side stuff you can do.

-Drug trafficking.
-taxi fare
-Vigilante
-most wanted
-exotic exports
-races
-car thefts
-high end assassinations

-Throughout the game you will meet random "side" characters that will have you complete certain tasks for them. They're appear on your gps after completing certain story missions.

I wont get into details about what these characters require from you since I dont want to spoil it for myself. I will say there are a bunch of random characters. Just reading from the table of contents in the guide there seems to be about 10-12 random characters. Some of these characters have quite a few side missions.

Teknoman said:
Info on whether the manual speaks on clans or not please.

No clans

Guled

SNUG REVOL said:
Ok I'm taking a look at the guide right now and it looks like theres quite a bit of side stuff you can do.

-Drug trafficking.
-taxi fare
-Vigilante
-most wanted
-exotic exports
-races
-car thefts
-high end assassinations

-Throughout the game you will meet random "side" characters that will have you complete certain tasks for them. They're appear on your gps after completing certain story missions.

I wont get into details about what these characters require from you since I dont want to spoil it for myself. I will say there are a bunch of random characters. Just reading from the table of contents in the guide there seems to be about 10-12 random characters. Some of these characters have quite a few side missions.

No clans

how good is the guide? Should I get it over the LE?

Jtrizzy

a Master Ninja said:
I expect Fox News to show this clip 50 times a day while acting outraged just for ratings.

I have to admit, it is pretty hard core for a video game. The hooker scenes in the old games are nowhere near that explicit.

So are all the live feeds taken down?

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Use spoiler tags until the game is officially released. I've already had to clip a couple of folks and I'm just sick about it.

Jtrizzy said:
I have to admit, it is pretty hard core for a video game. The hooker scenes in the old games are nowhere near that explicit.
It is difficult for me to classify those "sex scenes" as explicit when the characters are fully clothed. I guess in my filthy imagination they are explicit, but really I just see two clothed character models colliding into each other accompanied by some moaning.

Wollan

dasupremeone said:
I saw the box packaging box with my own eyes. Not a big suprise, SCEE, and SC Australia are getting them.
You need to spell it out to me.
'I live in city x in state x and I saw the bundle there'.
You realize you're the first potential source for a US bundle yeah? Confirm it please.

Jtrizzy

Yeah, you can't see his dick or anything, but you can see her hand motion as well as him trying to gag her.:lol This will surely cause an outcry from Fox News.

AkuMifune

Banned
I google searched for 'Dude Stoned Couch' to post what my week is going to be like once GTA shows up, but this image result works just fine too:

rollin.jpg

LowParry

Rated M? Not AO? Good lord. From what I've seen...how could this be rated M? ..............................................who gives a fuck. Bring the game on!

Wollan said:
You need to spell it out to me.
'I live in city x in state x and I saw the bundle there'.
You realize you're the first potential source for a US bundle yeah? Confirm it please.
San jose, CA
blockbuster

Anyone know if EB/GS is ordering extra LEs other than just what was preordered. I see the pictures now and I regret just getting the regular edition...any info would help.

Socreges

Banned
OMG EB GAMES JUST CALLED ME!!!

but what a fucking slap in the face. get this. i check my phone earlier today. they had called. so i get all excited. the game is in, they broke the street date, whatever. a few hours later i get a chance to call and am more or less on my way to pick it up. of course, the game is not in. they had just called to pre-inform me of its arrival on tuesday, as if i dont know. fuck you eb, you... anticipatory BASTARDS

bishoptl said:
Use spoiler tags until the game is officially released. I've already had to clip a couple of folks and I'm just sick about it.
:lol you're the puppy dog with a heavy hand

trailer 5 is AWESOME - coming from someone who has avoided gameplay footage (except for gifs which i cant avoid)

Alex

If you're not wanting to be spoiled, be careful when looking at things like Youtube video comments or comments under review scores, people are getting to be bigger and bigger douches these days and I've had it happen to me before.

anyone seen the tracklisting yet? biggest surprise is the lack of huge hits. its great stuff but alot of lesser known tracks. some cool djs and tons of variety.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Socreges said:
OMG EB GAMES JUST CALLED ME!!!

but what a fucking slap in the face. get this. i check my phone earlier today. they had called. so i get all excited. the game is in, they broke the street date, whatever. a few hours later i get a chance to call and am more or less on my way to pick it up. of course, the game is not in. they had just called to pre-inform me of its arrival on tuesday, as if i dont know. fuck you eb, you... anticipatory BASTARDS
They did the same thing to me...on Thursday. I nearly threw my cellphone out the Skytrain window.

Xdrive05

bishoptl said:
They did the same thing to me...on Thursday. I nearly threw my cellphone out the Skytrain window.

I had a little better luck, but no early buys. Mine called and said they have the game and will be doing a midnight launch (duh!). But apparently they're throwing a big ass party at freaking 6pm through midnight, to process the orders so we can get our shit and leave at midnight sharp.

What we're supposed to do for 6 hours before getting the game I do not know. I've waited three hours before (Halo 2 and Halo 3) but not six. I'm curious to show up that early just to see what all the fuss is about. Or I could, you know, show up about eleven!

Top Bottom