• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Grand Theft Auto IV thread: The World Is Yours

Teknoman

zaidr said:
So I don't know if its been posted before, but you can pick up and hurl condiments (mustard and ketchup containers) that you find at the diner at the corner of your street (go up the containers, press LB to pick up). :D Reminded me of the crazy fun of Dead Rising.

Insaner multiplayer confirmed.

dedhead54 said:
Selected Ambient Works Vol. II

Thank you!

And for your troubles....

Sweet Dee: [to Charlie and Frank]: What are you guys looking at?
Frank: Garbage Pail Kids. Heathen Steven, Classic!
Sweet Dee: Are those the stupid cards where babies are doing disgusting things?
Charlie: No, Dee. These are those amazing cards where babies are doing hysterical things.

dedhead54

BenjaminBirdie said:
Thank you!

And for your troubles....

Sweet Dee: [to Charlie and Frank]: What are you guys looking at?
Frank: Garbage Pail Kids. Heathen Steven, Classic!
Sweet Dee: Are those the stupid cards where babies are doing disgusting things?
Charlie: No, Dee. These are those amazing cards where babies are doing hysterical things.

:lol

Our GTAIV multiplayer sessions will be riddled with random Always Sunny quotes, I have a feeling...

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
Just got an automated call from Gamestop. Their "launch party" starts at 6:00pm on Monday, assuring that the most hardcore and least hygienic will be in line during the hottest part of the day. Woo!

Goreomedy said:
Just got an automated call from Gamestop. Their "launch party" starts at 6:00pm on Monday, assuring that the most hardcore and least hygienic will be in line during the hottest part of the day. Woo!

What time are you actually going to go there? Please don't say 6pm.

chris0701

Question for gamers who got GTAIV:)

How many NPC(pedetrains) did you see at best in the screen?

I feel the Liberty City seems to need more vibrancy. It is a little too empty.

Dizzan

MINI Member
striKeVillain! said:
Online free roam with 16 players. What more can a normal human being ask for?

Is the 16 player free roam, just the 16 people in the whole city?

Or will their be NPC's? Will they cordon off parts of the city to make smaller areas?

Just asking because if it;s 16 players only throughout the city, won't it feel a little too big?

X26

Banned
Dizzan said:

Or will their be NPC's? Will they cordon off parts of the city to make smaller areas?

Just asking because if it;s 16 players only throughout the city, won't it feel a little too big?

peds and traffic can be turned off or on, whatever the host wants

Dizzan said:

16 players plus full pedestrians and traffic. It's the full offline game taken online just without missions.

dedhead54

Every time I hear talk of 16 player free-roam with NPC's and traffic turned on I get a rather large buldge in my pants. I can NOT fucking wait.

Teknoman

Lobby question:

So is there a certain time limit in the lobby? Also the lobby is just a small area right?

EDIT: Here's hoping multiplayer is region free.

gillty

Banned
here you go guys GTAIV Multiplayer menus
gta4multiplayerme6.jpg

sorry for the bad quality only have my blackberry.

FightyF

Banned
striKeVillain! said:
I can't wait to see
Bas Rutten in the game.

If you REALLY can't wait there's a vid on YouTube with him in the game. Might as well wait 2 days though, and see it in HD.

TTG

If you're watching the NBA playoffs you already know this, but a new GTA commercial has been shown atleast twice already. It's pretty awesome.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
just watched the final TV spot.

this will be THE highest selling game of the generation. no question. it's basically the equivalent of:

Blizzard releasing a new RTS.
Nintendo releasing a new Mario.
Peter Jackson releasing a new Middle Earth movie.

Absolute perfection. wow.

Wollan

borghe said:
just watched the final TV spot.

this will be THE highest selling game of the generation. no question. it's basically the equivalent of:

Blizzard releasing a new RTS.
Nintendo releasing a new Mario.
Peter Jackson releasing a new Middle Earth movie.

Absolute perfection. wow.
Combined yeah. ;)

Top Bottom