• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Gundam Thread of Gunpla, Origins, and 35 Years of GUNDAMUUUU!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhiLonius

You just described my experience with 00. I watched all of Season 2 in like a day and a half. Looking back now it's pretty much just a blur and I don't remember what I liked or hated about it.

Mxrz

I'm not too familiar with Gundam, but this seems the place to ask. There any more series like 083, maybe without the weird-ass ending? I recently watched all of it it and liked the emphasis on the military and that the other mobile suits weren't just cannon fodder.

I've read that Zeta Gundam comes after storywise, but the dip in animation is a little off putting.

I'm not too familiar with Gundam, but this seems the place to ask. There any more series like 083, maybe without the weird-ass ending? I recently watched all of it it and liked the emphasis on the military and that the other mobile suits weren't just cannon fodder.

I've read that Zeta Gundam comes after storywise, but the dip in animation is a little off putting.

08th MS Team for sure.

Ezalc

Gundam Wing 1
I decided to finally watch this thing since people claim that it's better than G. Unless there's anybody near Schwarz level of awesome I doubt it to be true.

After watching the first episode I can say that as of right now, I hate everybody. No wait, not everybody, but the one guy I might not hate has the stupidest looking gundam. So that just ruins things. I'll keep watching to see where things go but right now it's not positive.

0080 War in the Pocket
08th MS Team

Gundam Wing 1
I decided to finally watch this thing since people claim that it's better than G. Unless there's anybody near Schwarz level of awesome I doubt it to be true.

After watching the first episode I can say that as of right now, I hate everybody. No wait, not everybody, but the one guy I might not hate has the stupidest looking gundam. So that just ruins things. I'll keep watching to see where things go but right now it's not positive.

You gon' get disappointed!

Beth Cyra

Gundam Wing 1

Duo will likely be the closest thing you will get to a likeable character.

That or Treize, Treize is fucking amazing. He gives no fucks and takes Rose Baths.

Honestly though you are looking in the wrong place, there are very few characters like Schwarz in Gundam and certainly none in Wing. Going into looking for someone even remotely like Shwarz will ruin the show regardless of it's overall quality.

Ill Check all of those out .. THANKS!!

is DESTINY as bad as everyone says?? i thought SEED was decent ... besides FLAY ("FREY") lol

Nah, well it's not as bad as I typically make it out to be. I just really do believe it's the worst Gundam made thus far with AGE being the only one to challenge it for that crown.

Beth Cyra

AGE has Woolf who I honestly like more then any single character from Destiny (though I do prefer Athrun and Lacus over him but only in SEED) and I actually like Woolf's suits where as I generally hate all of SEED Destiny suits with SF being the only one I find to be some what nice.

Music though, yeah Destiny kicks the shit out of AGE and while I may like Woolf, Flit is so bad he makes Shinn look somewhat okay.

That or Treize, Treize is fucking amazing. He gives no fucks and takes Rose Baths.
yep, all time favorite anime antagonist.
I really liked all the main Wing characters besides Wufei for some reason.

Think I might start a G rewatch next.

after thinking about it, Destiny Cagalli is the worst 'princess' of all the Gundams, even Marina Ismail was more helpful, useful and likable.

Beth Cyra

yep, all time favorite anime antagonist.
I really liked all the main Wing characters besides Wufei for some reason.

Think I might start a G rewatch next.

after thinking about it, Destiny Cagalli is the worst 'princess' of all the Gundams, even Marina Ismail was more helpful, useful and likable.

Honestly wasn't that big a fan of Cagalli in SEED, but what Destiny did to her was just fucking awful. Some of the worst handling of a character ever.

One of the only good things of Destiny. :p I refuse to watch Age, 14 year olds (that look ike 10 year olds) controlling mobile suits?

I hate the character designs as well, but really we've had some really young leads as in the past.

Sadly outside of Flit's stupid ass hair the character design/art is one of smallest of AGE's problems.

Beth Cyra

Finished both Strike RG and Freedom RG.

Strike isn't bad, in fact enjoyed it far more then I thought I would.

RG Freedom however I can't say I'm a fan of. The Wings just don't like to bind and the whole backpack is so heavy for such a small guy that he is nearly impossible to stand without leaning on something. Granted Freedom is only my number 2 from SEED but overall still pretty dissapointed.

Started on Blitz MG, and so far I'm really happy with him. Coming off of the RG's it feels nice to have a bigger guy plus he seems really tight thus far and after G Bouncer/Freedom/Strike I'm really enjoying the dark color scheme. Add in the fact that Blitz is my favorite SEED suit and overall I'm pretty happy. Probably my number 2 kit for the whole year. Could very well end up number 1 by the end.

Ezalc

You gon' get disappointed!

Honestly though you are looking in the wrong place, there are very few characters like Schwarz in Gundam and certainly none in Wing. Going into looking for someone even remotely like Shwarz will ruin the show regardless of it's overall quality.

Yeah I watched the second episode and I'm liking Duo, too bad he gets the stupidest looking gundam. No real comment on Treize yet, even worse since I just confused him for the masked guy but when I googled his name I saw who it was. I don't mean somebody similar to Schwarz in personality but just somebody that fun or you know who is likable and from the comments here I guess that won't happen. If I don't like the main cast I don't see how I'll end up liking this show, and I certainly don't understand people saying it was better than G that, putting aside the genre differences and the cheese, had actually likable main cast characters (not all but at least a few). I'll keep watching the show to see why so many 90s kids seem to like it but honestly if Heero keeps being the gigantic dick he seems to be then I can't see myself liking this show. This show right now seems to be like a 00 prototype, which isn't a good thing considering 00's second half.

Yeah I watched the second episode and I'm liking Duo, too bad he gets the stupidest looking gundam. No real comment on Treize yet, even worse since I just confused him for the masked guy but when I googled his name I saw who it was. I don't mean somebody similar to Schwarz in personality but just somebody that fun or you know who is likable and from the comments here I guess that won't happen. If I don't like the main cast I don't see how I'll end up liking this show, and I certainly don't understand people saying it was better than G that, putting aside the genre differences and the cheese, had actually likable main cast characters (not all but at least a few). I'll keep watching the show to see why so many 90s kids seem to like it but honestly if Heero keeps being the gigantic dick he seems to be then I can't see myself liking this show. This show right now seems to be like a 00 prototype, which isn't a good thing considering 00's second half.
about Heero's character development
he becomes more 'human' as the series goes on
Duo is always pretty cool. you dislike the Deathscythe?
Trowa becomes more likable but I wouldn't say that interesting.
Quatre is ok and kind of interesting
Zechs becomes very likable and interesting

Id also say every main character get more screentime and development than 00 which I thought was way overcrowded.

Just try sticking with it.

Ezalc

Id also say every main character get more screentime and development than 00 which I thought was way overcrowded.

If his arc is in any way similar to Setsuna's including with how it ends I can see myself disliking him.
His first gundam is alright, I just hate the scythe weapon. I also really dislike the whole bat cape and scythe fake death lookalike thing it has going on. I think it's stupid.
He looks like the cliche cool pretty boy with just about as much of the personality.
Quatre is the whiny one, or at least seems like it. I can see myself hating him.
Sex, which is what I hear when they say his name, is alright right now. Just the same masked guy in every gundam series but not really interesting right now.

I'll stick with it to see if it goes anywhere.

Deathscythe is awesome.

The wing posts make me wanna rewatch it all.

Deathscythe is awesome.

The wing posts make me wanna rewatch it all.

Didn't you just watch it recently?
I actually need to finish my rewatch, got to about 20 and thats when I started Turn A.

If his arc is in any way similar to Setsuna's including with how it ends I can see myself disliking him.
His first gundam is alright, I just hate the scythe weapon. I also really dislike the whole bat cape and scythe fake death lookalike thing it has going on. I think it's stupid.
He looks like the cliche cool pretty boy with just about as much of the personality.
Quatre is the whiny one, or at least seems like it. I can see myself hating him.
Sex, which is what I hear when they say his name, is alright right now. Just the same masked guy in every gundam series but not really interesting right now.

I'll stick with it to see if it goes anywhere.

I don't know about anyone else but besides the scene at the end of 00's movie Setsuna's development was the opposite of Heero in my opinion.

Kokonoe

Banned
Deathscythe is awesome.

Indeed it is.

KcG8r.jpg

Averon

AGE 49

My final verdict on AGE: 4/10.

Generation 1 was boring. Generation 2 was better, though not great. Generation 3 was badly paced and had one of the worst Gundam protagonist I've seen yet. 1/3 success rate. It's a very forgettable show that had potential but wasted it. Hopefully, L5 and Hino never touches Gundam again.

Will never watch AGE, when can we expect a new Gundam series? 2 3 years from now? I hope they go back and make something like 08th MS team, but without the pacifist crap at the end.

Averon

Will never watch AGE, when can we expect a new Gundam series? 2 3 years from now? I hope they go back and make something like 08th MS team, but without the pacifist crap at the end.

Given past history, yeah. 2-3 years sounds about right. So I expect the next Gundam AU to be announce around Summer 2014 and air that Fall at the earliest.

He'll learn the errors of his ways because X-Rounder ghost Yurin will appear to him before he makes a huge mistake.

Flit will be all like, "I loved you and they took you away from me!!!"

She'll say something like, "forgive them for they know not what they do. I'm at peace, and you should be helping everyone find understanding."

3Ay6H.jpg

That episode was basically... let's just throw some shit at the wall and see what sticks.

Beth Cyra

Given past history, yeah. 2-3 years sounds about right. So I expect the next Gundam AU to be announce around Summer 2014 and air that Fall at the earliest.
Really depends on what happens with Gundam Origin at this point.

If it's a full series I expect the next AU to be at least 4 years out. If OVA HD like Unicorn then l could see earlier

What is the Japanese consensus of AGE?
Hahahahaha

It is the single worst performing Gundam ever. Ratings are shit, DVD/Blu Ray sales are shit, models are being canceled before release and the game/s tanked hard.

Japan pretty much said fuck you to AGE In just about every way possible.

Ezalc

Gundam Wing 10 BTW Spoilers ahead

Alright I guess this is a status update on how I am doing with this show. So far I feel like the story is going too fast, I hate to keep drawing comparisons but with 00 things were built up but it took much longer for them to get tot he point where in Wing shit just keeps going at a breakneck pace. I feel like it's going way too fast. Other than that the plot is pretty meh, I can understand the antagonists reasons but like I said things are going according to keikaku way too quickly for my liking. Also the fact that the "team"made such terrible mistakes is pretty damn stupid, talk about terrible information gathering.

As for my opinion on the team itself that remains unchanged. Heero is a dick but now he's a tsundere dick, Duo is alright, Quatre is the annoying bleeding heart (almost literally in this episode), Trowa is the pretty boy I don't give a shit about, and Wu Fei is just about the biggest hypocrite I've seen. Nothing like belittling a woman about being sentimental on the battlefield and then 10 seconds later you leave your GIANT INVINCIBLE ROBOT to sword duel with a dude 1 on 1 because you are a smug motherfucker. So much for keeping those emotions in check huh bud? I'm glad he lost. The way Treize just sent his bitch ass home was great.

Speaking of Treize, truly a fabulous motherfucker. I want to see how he gets more fabulous since he's up there, but not in the league of some of the fabulous greats yet. Sex on the other hand seems to be alright, probably one of the more not insane masked guys in Gundam but I don't understand why he follows Treize, guess that gets explained later.

As for the women in the show, I hate basically all of them. Relena is basically an insane stalker with huge amounts of money. She lusts pretty heavily for Heero's dick and that's just insanely creepy. The same thing basically goes for Noin in regards to Sex, except she's not rich, still creepy though. Lady Une I'm guessing was made to be hated, so that's basically it with her. Can't wait to see the time when she monumentally fucks up and Treize has to unleash the pimp hand.

And finally, all the people who hate G for being over the top need to rewatch this shit. If only because, fucking Heero should have died thirty fucking times by episode 10 and nobody says shit about his superhuman plot armor of bullshit levels. G at least embraced all the cheese, Wing trying to be all srs bsns yet pulls shit like the guy falling from 15+ stories, failing to fully deploy a parachute, rolling down a rocky ass cliff and onto the beach, and still surviving. Oh, and let's not forget the fact that he did all this with a bullet wound to the right arm and left leg, and a shitload of internal injuries and broken bones. YEP, THIS ISN'T AT ALL BULLSHIT. Next time I hear somebody bitch and moan about how G has too much crazy unrealistic or whatever crap, I'm just going to point to this shit.

I can agree about Relena though eventually I liked her.
Noin on the other hand I have always liked for some reason.
Really depends on what happens with Gundam Origin at this point.

If it's a full series I expect the next AU to be at least 4 years out. If OVA HD like Unicorn then l could see earlier

Hahahahaha

It is the single worst performing Gundam ever. Ratings are shit, DVD/Blu Ray sales are shit, models are being canceled before release and the game/s tanked hard.

Japan pretty much said fuck you to AGE In just about every way possible.

Oh good.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Thankfully Relena is a much stronger/better character in Glory. Not great by any means, hell probably not even good. Still a step up and better then the majority of Gundam Females.

I don't know if she's better, but there certainly is less of her!

Thankfully Relena is a much stronger/better character in Glory. Not great by any means, hell probably not even good. Still a step up and better then the majority of Gundam Females.
A big plus probably comes from not being voiced.
"Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeero!"

This is why she is a better character in my mind.

Then again I think this would be a beneifit to 90% of Gundam women, Sunrise need to get some writers that can do women justice.
Kihel1245346.jpg

Beth Cyra

A big plus probably comes from not being voiced.
"Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeero!"

Kihel1245346.jpg

Honestly wasn't a fan of almost any character in Turn A.

Speaking of Women though, you mentioned actually liking Lunamaria early on, but never gave your reactions to her sudden turn about and dropping all feelings for Athrun only to fall for someone else.

Ezalc

No. This is what it means to be a Gundam meister.

It just screams LOOK AT ME SO EDGY to me. That's why I don't like it. Ironically enough I have the chibi form of it as an action figure. For the life of me I can't remember why I bought seeing as I remember hating the way it looked back then too, I think it was just because it was just another gundam and at that time I wanted to buy action figures and stuff.

I'm glad that the Relena hate is universal. I don't get Japan and their weird princess trope, is this like an actual thing over there? I mean, I know there's no nobility there, but where did this whole character cliche come from and how can I punch the guy who did it in the kidney?

Beth Cyra

It just screams LOOK AT ME SO EDGY to me. That's why I don't like it. Ironically enough I have the chibi form of it as an action figure. For the life of me I can't remember why I bought seeing as I remember hating the way it looked back then too, I think it was just because it was just another gundam and at that time I wanted to buy action figures and stuff.

I'm glad that the Relena hate is universal. I don't get Japan and their weird princess trope, is this like an actual thing over there? I mean, I know there's no nobility there, but where did this whole character cliche come from and how can I punch the guy who did it in the kidney?

This is kinda bullshit though when you champion a series that has entire Gundams and characters turning Gold, throwing hadokuens, and a Sailor Venus knock off.

Not to mention any Gundam of any kind isn't scremaing look at me when they are giant human shapped robots that have huge pink swords that cut through anything and have multiple colors wings shooting off them.

Seems that way. Whenever we had to make a game demo for SCEJ, they always wanted some kind of princess rescuing situation.

If you hate the deathscythe I fear for the EW Wing Zero

Honestly wasn't a fan of almost any character in Turn A.

Speaking of Women though, you mentioned actually liking Lunamaria early on, but never gave your reactions to her sudden turn about and dropping all feelings for Athrun only to fall for someone else.
I even liked Sochie so what do i know. Harry was cool but I didn't like Loran.

Lol I only mentioned it in the anime thread,
her dropping her feelings for Athrun was meh, but then hooking up with the guy that supposedly killed your sister out of nowhere
it was pretty stupid, she just became a whatever character after that.

Sometimes it works ok(Dianna,Cagalli)
Others(Destiny Cagalli, Marina) not.
Lacus & Relena are in the middle somewhere imo.

Ezalc

This is kinda bullshit though when you champion a series that has entire Gundams and characters turning Gold, throwing hadokuens, and a Sailor Venus knock off.

Not to mention any Gundam of any kind isn't scremaing look at me when they are giant human shapped robots that have huge pink swords that cut through anything and have multiple colors wings shooting off them.

Difference being that in G it's all cheese and they all know it. It's never supposed to be taken seriously, yet all the people who hate it (I'm guessing) do so, only because they took it seriously when it's obviously just supposed to be dumb fun. From what I see, Wing is trying to be some dramatic political story like most of the other Gundam shows. Something which is already boring to begin with, but then comes along with a gundam trying to be some death rip-off. It looks absolutely stupid.

Seems that way. Whenever we had to make a game demo for SCEJ, they always wanted some kind of princess rescuing situation.

How annoying.

Beth Cyra

Difference being that in G it's all cheese and they all know it. It's never supposed to be taken seriously, yet all the people who hate it (I'm guessing) do so, only because they took it seriously when it's obviously just supposed to be dumb fun. From what I see, Wing is trying to be some dramatic political story like most of the other Gundam shows. Something which is already boring to begin with, but then comes along with a gundam trying to be some death rip-off. It looks absolutely stupid.

How annoying.

No I hate G because it design is all over the place and the characters are bad. You can talk about parody and fun all you want but the characters are boring and never go anywhere and do the samething from beginning to the end.

The only one that shows true character growth of any kind is Asia while Domon and the rest of the shuffle aliance are boring terrible character that no amount of parody or spoof can make enjoyable.

Fun isn't some universal thing that we can just layer on. G fails at nearly every level of being a good show, let alone a good Gundam show.

Does Wing have it's problems? Hell yes, more then I can count but the mecha design overall shits all over G's and at tleast there is some form of character growth be it good or bad instead of the tired ass shit that Domon and his terrible friends provide.

Also no amount of parody/fun makes a god damn Salior Venus any more alright then a Death knock off when at least Deathscythe plays into Duo's character and oveall background.

Edit: Outside of the G Issues, I just saw the ZZ RD images. He is lookign great. Slimmed down arms super bulky legs. Easily already looking better then the Master Grade, don't know if he will be as good as the HGUC but I will get him regardless because he is looking amazing.

Ezalc

No I hate G because it design is all over the place and the characters are bad. You can talk about parody and fun all you want but the characters are boring and never go anywhere and do the samething from beginning to the end.

The only one that shows true character growth of any kind is Asia while Domon and the rest of the shuffle aliance are boring terrible character that no amount of parody or spoof can make enjoyable.

Fun isn't some universal thing that we can just layer on. G fails at nearly every level of being a good show, let alone a good Gundam show.

Does Wing have it's problems? Hell yes, more then I can count but the mecha design overall shits all over G's and at tleast there is some form of character growth be it good or bad instead of the tired ass shit that Domon and his terrible friends provide.

Also no amount of parody/fun makes a god damn Salior Venus any more alright then a Death knock off when at least Deathscythe plays into Duo's character and oveall background.

I agree with some of your points but fails at being a good show is just bullshit. G isn't some pretentious crap. It isn't trying to tell some compelling edge of your seat story, it's main point is to be a completely dumb, shounen tournament show full of cheese. And it does that beautifully. All you have is the main character going around fighting assholes, and the mandatory plot of oh, he's doing it to find his brother. It's crap of the highest degree but that isn't even the point. The point is all the ridiculous fights, and the borderline racist mechs. The mech design in G is hilarious and honestly that's one of it's strongest points. There are the weird oddballs like Portugal's jester gundam and having Sailor Moon be from like Sweden or whatever. But the entire point of basically all the mechs was to be built on the stereotypes of the countries they come from. American one has a football helmet for a head and boxes, British one looks like one of the Royal guard, French one looks like some stuck up nobility, and then the one from Netherlands looks like a goddamn windmill. It's just to poke fun at all of this.

As for the cast, yeah most of them are terrible. Half of the shuffle alliance is shit, Saisaichi is annoying, George is just another Trowa looking guy, and I can't even remember the Russian dude's name since nobody even cares about him ( his assistant is hot though). Domon is the protag, and since this is a shounen tournament show you can expect some crazy ass powerups and shit for him. As for Chibodee he was the one character of the SA I liked. He was over the top sure, but like the mech designs he kind of seemed to be just another personification of stereotypes from the US. I thought he was a pretty genuinely likable guy even though he could get annoying about his "rivalry" with Domon. Schwarz is the best thing of the show, there isn't even a contest. Asia is the closest thing to Schwarz, he's there being the awesome crazy teacher until they show him to literally be crazy. Rain actually had some use for Domon, seeing as she was the mechanic for his team and without her he wouldn't have beaten Schwarz in the elimination round. She was also you know the token female along with Allenby, who was pretty much just there to add some pointless side drama nobody really cared about and like fanserice or something. Though I would have paid money to see Allenby and Rain catfight, preferably while wearing bikinis, but that's not the point. Also Fuunsaiki was just a boss, what other horse can say they have their own goddamn gundam. Fucking none.

Anyways, G is crazy dumb cheese. And I loved it. Calling it a bad show and saying no amount of parody can make it better just makes me feel like you didn't have the sense of humor for it. Parody is a parody, humor is humor. People obviously will never laugh at the same thing, but I think most of the hate the show gets is because people can't deal with the fact that G was never really trying to be a traditional Gundam show, and when it tried doing something more lighthearted and fun people just couldn't adjust to that difference in style. I understand why people would hate it, I don't agree and I think it needs to be approached in the same way you would approach something like TTGL, but I understand it at least.

G still has the best piloting control method though, that will never change. People denying this are just crazy.

EDIT: I'm tired of always doing this, I'll keep watching Wing and keep posting my thoughts on the show. Nothing else to do anyways.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
AGE 49

Spoilers below:

This was the worst fucking show I've seen in a long time. I swear to god, I got more enjoyment out of G-saviour than this piece of crap. There are so many problems with this show that it'd take me forever to go through them, but my main issue is how incredibly naive everyone INCLUDING the show runners are. It's like NO SHIT war and genocide is bad, you need to develop deeper conflicts than that for a compelling story. It's compounded by the absolutely ridiculous lack of any motivations that make sense for any of the characters. So Old man Flit wants to commit genocide because they killed a girl he knew like for a week? And all it took for him to snap out of his bloodlust was her coming back in ghost form and telling him to not do it? LOL

That brings me to the next problem. Yeah we all know genocide is bad, but the show goes to absolutely no lengths to show us why the Vagan are even worth saving. As far as I can tell, they're just a bunch of morons and dicks who instead of trying to solve their own problems, attack civilians in the earth sphere. You can't tell me on one hand that they couldn't solve an affliction caused by proximity to Mars, while on the other hand having the ability to develop super advanced war machines, colonies and superlasers capable of travelling the distance between Mars and Earth. The one time they tried to make them relatable with the two kids ended up with one of them inexplicably joining the military and helping invade Earth. What the fuck. Seriously I can't think of a single Vagan character that was worthy of redemption. Even Zeheart's motivations make no sense. Why would he even accept Space-Hitler's plans without questioning them? Is he just a character that is incapable of thinking for himself? And then died with no resolution? The fuck?

The worst is Kio, probably the worst gundam protagonist yet. At the beginning of this arc I imagined that his naivety would be treated as a source of conflict. Instead, he's just this naive kid all the way to the end and the show doesn't deal with it AT ALL. Aside from that, he's also got no other notable attributes.

It's a great shame because the premise of this show is actually really good. A story that spans several generations? That sounds exciting! However the show fails to have characters aside from the gundam pilots that transition through the generations rendering the whole concept utterly useless. There's like only two other characters with any development, Wolf and Grodek and surprise, they're two of the only good characters on this show.

I have other problems with this show, but I'm just not going to bother, meh.

So in the end, fuck you Level 5, go back to your matchsticks.

Also, fuck you Sunrise, when is the next Unicorn episode?

Averon

AGE 49

Spoilers below:

This was the worst fucking show I've seen in a long time. I swear to god, I got more enjoyment out of G-saviour than this piece of crap. There are so many problems with this show that it'd take me forever to go through them, but my main issue is how incredibly naive everyone INCLUDING the show runners are. It's like NO SHIT war and genocide is bad, you need to develop deeper conflicts than that for a compelling story. It's compounded by the absolutely ridiculous lack of any motivations that make sense for any of the characters. So Old man Flit wants to commit genocide because they killed a girl he knew like for a week? And all it took for him to snap out of his bloodlust was her coming back in ghost form and telling him to not do it? LOL

That brings me to the next problem. Yeah we all know genocide is bad, but the show goes to absolutely no lengths to show us why the Vagan are even worth saving. As far as I can tell, they're just a bunch of morons and dicks who instead of trying to solve their own problems, attack civilians in the earth sphere. You can't tell me on one hand that they couldn't solve an affliction caused by proximity to Mars, while on the other hand having the ability to develop super advanced war machines, colonies and superlasers capable of travelling the distance between Mars and Earth. The one time they tried to make them relatable with the two kids ended up with one of them inexplicably joining the military and helping invade Earth. What the fuck. Seriously I can't think of a single Vagan character that was worthy of redemption. Even Zeheart's motivations make no sense. Why would he even accept Space-Hitler's plans without questioning them? Is he just a character that is incapable of thinking for himself? And then died with no resolution? The fuck?

The worst is Kio, probably the worst gundam protagonist yet. At the beginning of this arc I imagined that his naivety would be treated as a source of conflict. Instead, he's just this naive kid all the way to the end and the show doesn't deal with it AT ALL. Aside from that, he's also got no other notable attributes.

It's a great shame because the premise of this show is actually really good. A story that spans several generations? That sounds exciting! However the show fails to have characters aside from the gundam pilots that transition through the generations rendering the whole concept utterly useless. There's like only two other characters with any development, Wolf and Grodek and surprise, they're two of the only good characters on this show.

I have other problems with this show, but I'm just not going to bother, meh.

So in the end, fuck you Level 5, go back to your matchsticks.

Also, fuck you Sunrise, when is the next Unicorn episode?

Pretty much match my feelings perfectly. I'd also like to add how screwed up it was for Ezelcant, the guy who's responsible for a multi-generational war that took countless lives from both sides, was able to die pretty much peacefully in his bed with his wife by his side. Hell, he probably still revered by the Vegan populace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom