• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Gundam Thread of Gunpla, Origins, and 35 Years of GUNDAMUUUU!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gundam Age 48

Wonderful episode, though I didnt expect none of this happening, my hopes for what I wanted for the ending were crushed, and ugh.
My watery eyes at so many parts, crying at the destruction of the DIVA, Obright, Jonathan loss, and then Liel and Fram and Faunfausia, I cant believe he actually went down with her even if she wasnt receptive of his feelings, and worst, for her scene when Zehearto realized her feelings too soon :(. But to top it all off the whole thing with Asemu and Zehearto and all those flashback scenes and their friendship bond moment and the explosion, I couldnt take it anymore as I knew what was coming and it just got all sad and touching and emotional :(

The final episode, cant wait and hope its good. Still so close to wing for me for favorite, This third arc.

PhiLonius

Both SEED and Destiny had some pretty good music.

The Kira vs Shinn fight in the snow is pretty good. But other than that, not a whole lot to look forward to.

Beth Cyra

Both SEED and Destiny had some pretty good music.

The Kira vs Shinn fight in the snow is pretty good. But other than that, not a whole lot to look forward to.

And also one of the most debated as a plot hole out of all the Destiny events.

Music of course is great. SEED>Destiny but still Destiny is top 5 in Gundam.

I will say though the final fight between Shinn
Athrun
is totally great because of the way it ends.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Genoace >>>> Tier 3 non-grunt Vagan Suits

O'Bright >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Kio.

This would have actually been an excellent episode if the rest of the series had been good. Bunch of characters with little to no development get pretty good deaths scenes.

Also haha that douche Zeheart
getting owned in ten seconds.

Averon

AGE 48

O'Bright going out kicking ass in a Genoace made this episode worth it. He became a super pilot, too. He finally gets to see Remi *sniff*

The final battle of Asemu vs Zeheart was clearly rushed. Zeheart and the Legilis going down so quickly and is easily by Asemu sucked.

Zapages

Definitely agree with the sentiments that Gundam Seed/Destiny had awesome music for the intro/ending.

We can thank T.M. Revolution, High and Mighty Color, Nami Tamaki, See-saw, and Yuta something... I can't remember... They made Seed and Destiny have awesome music. :)

PS: How many folks here own Gundam Single History?

Dambrosi

Banned
Well, this sounds like the writers just kinda threw up their hands and gave up, doesn't it?

I'll save the rant for when I've actually watched the episode, though. 'Tis only fair.

Hero

High and Mighty Color's opening for Seed Destiny was amazing. "Pride" is probably one of my favorite Japanese songs ever, just gets me so pumped, even at the time back in the day to watch that shitty anime.

Yep, but Haman had wirless funnels on the Quebley, so it changed with the second Gundam series made.

Well that's what happens when technology progresses over a period of time. You also got higher performance mobile suits, panoramic cockpits, beam weapons that don't need recharging and a more widespread use of them. Among other things.

Jubern

It's not devoid of redeeming qualities (good music, some good action scenes) but I would go into it with expectations as low as possible. Who knows, that way you might be pleasantly surprised :p.

Ha, I remember watching it when it airs and thinking "holy shit, it's finally getting its shit together!!" during the awesome
Shinn&Rey vs Kira fight in Orb
. Too bad it was rather short, not to mention that the remaining episodes were garbage... Animation repetition was absolutely terrible throughout the series.

Dambrosi

Banned
Right, rant time.

Gundam AGE 48

SMEXY GUNDAM NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Legilis deserved a far better end than that, as did Zeheart. I am now of the firm belief that the X-Rounder power makes its users go insane over time; that's really the only way you can explain Zeheart's hallucinations and eventual wigging out at...well, not even Fram's death in itself, but the realization that her sacrifice was totally in vain. Then, he gets his smexy beast of a Gundam fucked up by shitty Darkhound in ten seconds flat. Fuck. That sudden turn for the nutty (and weak) seemed quite uncharacteristic for him, and smells distinctly like the writers just wanting him offed quickly before the finale, to make way for FAINARU BOSSU Tube Guy who the fuck cares. As I said in my previous post, it's like they just gave up.
Maybe due to the series ending early due to bad ratings?
I dunno.

Yeah, shame about Fram, too - getting taken down by a Genoace, ooh, that's gotta smart - but at least she got more chances to shine in battle than even Zeheart did, and he was supposed to be the main antagonist! Well, was supposed to be, but I guess Fake Gym will have to suffice. Gotta say, though, both she and Obright went out like champs. Their wingmen, not so much, but eh - what do you expect from characters who've had less than five minutes of characterization between them? The way this show just begrudgingly introduces characters only to kill them off later reminds me of the end of Space Runaway Ideon, all of Zambot 3 and several Victory Gundam episodes where Tomino had obviously forgotten to take his meds and was feeling extra puppy-kickingly cruel.

Which reminds me - that's all the Diva's Shrike Team accounted for now, isn't it?

Well, I guess that, if nothing else, this episode has proven beyond any doubt that "kill 'em all" and GRIMDARK doesn't automatically make for good Gundam - it's all in how it's presented, and Divvy is exactly right - if the rest of the series (hell, if any of Kio's arc) had been any good, this might have been a great episode.

Speaking of Kio -
HATE. Now all he is is an extra set of thrusters for shitty Darkhound? And his lack of skills and reluctance to fight properly were the reasons Obright had to save him and, eventually, died. He's a liability, and I'll be so salty if
when
he survives next week's final episode, you won't believe how salty I'll be.

Divvy

I've actually started to like the Darkhound. Might have something to do with it being the actual only useful gundam on the show at the moment.

Also, Flit may be a
maniacal genocidal maniac, but he's not that wrong. I mean the Vagans sort of want to KILL EVERYONE to start a new master race.

Beth Cyra

It's been 10 years, and people are still talking about Seed.

Stop the world, I wanna get off.

It's been like 17 for Wing and 35 or something for Gundam and people still talk about those.

Unless it's AGE which most people will try to ignore ever happened in the next year or so there will always be someone talking about almost all the Gundams.

On a side note, I finally started building my wife's Crossbone Full Cloth. God I hate this thing, but I just want it done at this point, will go into RG Freedom and MG AGE-2 once I'm finally finished.

Septimus

Ohhh man I got a really good deal on a 1/60 PG Gundam Mk II. Excite!

Gonna take forever to build lol.

fAoxK.jpg
*not my pic

Blader

I thought that was because of the goofy ass fishbowls the Vagans use.

That was causing brain damage in the short term, but early in the series someone (maybe Ezelcant?) said that X-Rounder powers would cause people to regress into a beast state.

High and Mighty Color's opening for Seed Destiny was amazing. "Pride" is probably one of my favorite Japanese songs ever, just gets me so pumped, even at the time back in the day to watch that shitty anime.
Agreed. One of the best Gundam openers ever.

(That was also when HaiKara had the opening for Bleach....they were really hot back then.)

Jube3

*not my pic

Nice man, I built the PG MKII a few months ago and it was a really fun build! I'm not sure where to go for my next PG, I'm leaning towards either the red frame or the GP01.

Gundam Seed Destiny episodes 1-4
I really dislike Shinn and I still don't understand how
La Flaga could have survived considering you see his helmet floating in space when the Strike was destroyed.
Not that its a bad thing though imo.

Beth Cyra

*not my pic

Gratz on the new PG.

Not a big Mk II fan but if I ever picked up the MK II PG I would probably go with the Titans as I'm a much bigger fan of that color scheme.

Still stuck trying to decide between Raiser and GP01 for my next PG.

La Flaga could have survived considering you see his helmet floating in space when the Strike was destroyed.

Nothing to figure out, it was just a blatant retcon that they may or may not fix with the HD Release.

Yeah Shinn is awful. Easily the worst gundam Lead out of all the various series, well up until Flit who I frankly think is worse.

Honestly Shinn was so bad I was one of those who didn't mind when the shift happens later in the series just because it meant I had to deal with the bastard a little less.

Dambrosi

Banned
That was causing brain damage in the short term, but early in the series someone (maybe Ezelcant?) said that X-Rounder powers would cause people to regress into a beast state.
You're right, it was Ezelcant who theorized that. Given what happened with Psycho Traitor Woman in the Moon Base battle and Zeheart here, it looks like he was right - you do know what they say about cornered beasts, right?

Yeah Shinn is awful. Easily the worst gundam Lead out of all the various series, well up until Flit who I frankly think is worse.

Honestly Shinn was so bad I was one of those who didn't mind when the shift happens later in the series just because it meant I had to deal with the bastard a little less.
Oh my. Have you reached Kio's arc yet? He'll soon change your mind about that.

Flit's hair seals the deal.
No character could recover from it.

I'm pretty sure that the floating helmet was removed from the movie version for retcon purposes

Divvy

Gundam AGE: Horrible Fathers truly lives to its reputation.

Hey, who knew that having a father who
bailed on his wife and newborn baby to be a space pirate and a grandfather who's a genocidal maniac might affect a kid's psyche?

Right, rant time.

Gundam AGE 48

SMEXY GUNDAM NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Legilis deserved a far better end than that, as did Zeheart. I am now of the firm belief that the X-Rounder power makes its users go insane over time; that's really the only way you can explain Zeheart's hallucinations and eventual wigging out at...well, not even Fram's death in itself, but the realization that her sacrifice was totally in vain. Then, he gets his smexy beast of a Gundam fucked up by shitty Darkhound in ten seconds flat. Fuck. That sudden turn for the nutty (and weak) seemed quite uncharacteristic for him, and smells distinctly like the writers just wanting him offed quickly before the finale, to make way for FAINARU BOSSU Tube Guy who the fuck cares. As I said in my previous post, it's like they just gave up.
Maybe due to the series ending early due to bad ratings?
I dunno.

I thought it worked for going in an unpredictable direction.
I thought Asemu and Zehearto would have united in the end or something, but finally granting Asemu a victory over an X-rounder was actually alright in my books, since it proves even normal humans can be strong enough to take on the gifted, and Zehearto was kind of headed in the wrong direction after the loss of his Fram and Liel, not that he needed to die :(

Beth Cyra

You're right, it was Ezelcant who theorized that. Given what happened with Psycho Traitor Woman in the Moon Base battle and Zeheart here, it looks like he was right - you do know what they say about cornered beasts, right?

Oh my. Have you reached Kio's arc yet? He'll soon change your mind about that.
Honestly no I haven't. I stopped at the end of the second arc because I already knew that I wouldn't like the third enough to follow it weekly, so I'm waiting till its done and I have a free evening and I can just knock the majority of it out.

Still shocked that some people think a movie/Ova has a shot to follow up this third arc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom