• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Gundam Thread of Gunpla, Origins, and 35 Years of GUNDAMUUUU!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I don't panel line specifically as I just ink wash my builds instead. I use the real touch markers (if I use them at all) and have never had a problem with application on (acrylic or enamel) painted models. The markers are OK for weathering effects if used right but I prefer to stick with my paintbrush on the whole.

None of them have suddenly stopped working though and some of my markers are 2+ years old at this point. I do have one of the panel line markers though and I could see it drying out quickly if not closed properly. Does the marker work on paper or is it just the kit it doesn't work with? Gloss finish perchance? Just throwing out some ideas!

The marker doesn't work on paper anymore, either. So maybe the marker did dry out?

http://www.jetpens.com/Sakura-Pigma...lack/pd/2042?gclid=COqn8OH_nrMCFQioPAod-w4AEw

i use these for panel lining and it works great imo for a faily decent price.

i was able to do about 5 or so MGs with it

turn-A, unicorn, exia, 1/100 virtue, and 1/100 kyrios

Did you use it on a painted kit?

Sorry for being all over the place on this guys, haha. I want to get my Master Gundam and Fuunsaiki done so I can start on my Shin Musha. I figure this is the one to get all the kinks worked out on. :p

Did you use it on a painted kit?

Sorry for being all over the place on this guys, haha. I want to get my Master Gundam and Fuunsaiki done so I can start on my Shin Musha. I figure this is the one to get all the kinks worked out on. :p

i used it on stock, non-painted kits. the tip is SUPER fine so it's good if you dont like chunky lines. you can actually get them at Michael's arts and crafts stores too

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
i used it on stock, non-painted kits. the tip is SUPER fine so it's good if you dont like chunky lines. you can actually get them at Michael's arts and crafts stores too

Yeah, that's what I was saying earlier...They appear to be made for unpainted kits. That's my problem I guess, haha.

Fou-Lu

So I want to get back into Gundam and especially Gunpla, but I'd like to watch some of the newer series to get inspiration for the Gunpla. Which of the series from the past decade are actually good?

Beth Cyra

There's no MG Kshatriya kit is there? I know there's an expensive resin one but that's not what I'm interested in.

Nah, the HG is very nice and given how freaking big K is, it's even goes well with pretty much all the MG's.

So I want to get back into Gundam and especially Gunpla, but I'd like to watch some of the newer series to get inspiration for the Gunpla. Which of the series from the past decade are actually good?

Unicorn is probably the best, followed by SEED.

Destiny and AGE are pretty awful and should be avoided at all costs unless you want something with characters so terrible and boring you will want to kill yourself (AGE) or so bad you will be laughing your ass off (Destiny).

OO is in the middle somewhere. I personally hated it but alot of people loved it. Awakening gets crapped on alot though so you might want to be careful with that.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
That MG Tallgeese is a bit disappointing. It looks too bulky and unable to move without falling over.

Beth Cyra

That MG Tallgeese is a bit disappointing. It looks too bulky and unable to move without falling over.

Really? I honestly couldn't disagree more, about the disappointed.

It looks like they captured the line art almost exactly. As for the standing part, I really doubt i will be that much a problem, with the pod's aren't that large and now that they are actually located on the shoulder blades instead of the arms it should help with arm articulation a great deal.

If they can get Epyon's gigantic backpack as stable as they did then I can't imagine TG's Backpack will cause a problem. That and it's feet should give the single best movement (though I guess this could be bad if we look at Exia) out of all the EW line.

Divvy

Really? I honestly couldn't disagree more, about the disappointed.

It looks like they captured the line art almost exactly. As for the standing part, I really doubt i will be that much a problem, with the pod's aren't that large and now that they are actually located on the shoulder blades instead of the arms it should help with arm articulation a great deal.

If they can get Epyon's gigantic backpack as stable as they did then I can't imagine TG's Backpack will cause a problem. That and it's feet should give the single best movement (though I guess this could be bad if we look at Exia) out of all the EW line.

It's true, they did nail down the lineart. But I just don't think the transition works out all too well in three dimensions:

ib1T3JoI8OnkFq.png

I meant more like if that was a real suit, there'd be no room for it to even move it's arms or legs. Just sort of looks like the armor would just get in the way of movement.

It's the same problem I have with the MG Aegis

Beth Cyra

It's true, they did nail down the lineart. But I just don't think the transition works out all too well in three dimensions:

I meant more like if that was a real suit, there'd be no room for it to even move it's arms or legs. Just sort of looks like the armor would just get in the way of movement.

Well I can't really argue with this.

However I think that can be said for alot of Katoki's designs. As it is however Tallgeese has always been a pretty interesting suit design even when we are talking just animation wise so I guess I've adjusted to it's downsides over the years.

Thing is though, as far as Model kits go I always perfer they try to get as close as possible to the line art as they can even if it causes a few draw backs so I think that is another reason why I don't take issue with it. That and I can't begin to say how happy I am to finally have a Tallgeese with the Thrusters on the blades instead of the arms, that has been my biggest issue ever with the Bandai model/toy releases of the suit.

I do have this issue with Aegis like you said, even more so it's Transformation. Always found Aegis's Transformed mode to be awkward and it's 100 times worse because of how it came out in physical form.

Divvy

Well I can't really argue with this.

However I think that can be said for alot of Katoki's designs. As it is however Tallgeese has always been a pretty interesting suit design even when we are talking just animation wise so I guess I've adjusted to it's downsides over the years.

Thing is though, as far as Model kits go I always perfer they try to get as close as possible to the line art as they can even if it causes a few draw backs so I think that is another reason why I don't take issue with it. That and I can't begin to say how happy I am to finally have a Tallgeese with the Thrusters on the blades instead of the arms, that has been my biggest issue ever with the Bandai model/toy releases of the suit.

True, I am indeed nitpicking, I'm still really glad we're getting this in the first place. I'm definitely getting it (or maybe wait for a tallgeese 2 or 3) one way or another.

Beth Cyra

True, I am indeed nitpicking, I'm still really glad we're getting this in the first place. I'm definitely getting it (or maybe wait for a tallgeese 2 or 3) one way or another.

TG II is the main reason I'm even excited for TG EW's release. I don't care what it takes, online exclusive or whatever just let me see a TG II and I will do whatever it takes to get my hands on it.

TG II is the main reason I'm even excited for TG EW's release. I don't care what it takes, online exclusive or whatever just let me see a TG II and I will do whatever it takes to get my hands on it.

Bandai's old 1:100 scale Tallgeese had the TGII and TGIII option parts in the box, so maybe they'll be nice and do the same here. I believe the Tallgeese II is identical to Tallgeese except repainted and with different headpiece, so even if they don't offer one, it should be quite easy to improvise.

Beth Cyra

Bandai's old 1:100 scale Tallgeese had the TGII and TGIII option parts in the box, so maybe they'll be nice and do the same here. I believe the Tallgeese II is identical to Tallgeese except repainted and with different headpiece, so even if they don't offer one, it should be quite easy to improvise.

Not a chance this happens.

The card on the TG1 display said very specifically that it was just Tallgeese 1. On top of that Bandai makes it so that it's latest MG's need as little stickers as possible which means given it's price TG1 won't be coming with a second runner with Blue part for TG2 or the head nor would they ask people to be painting the MG TG II.

At this point TG II will either be a full release, or more likely a Hobby Shop exclusive just as the TGII RD was a year ago. We will likely see a TG III and Tallgeese Heaven as individual releases down the line when they get to the Endless Waltz/Frozen Teardrop line.

As for it being easy to modify? It's true it would be, however it wouldn't be the same as getting a boxed TG II with a Treize for it's pilot. Treize to me is the only good character from Wing and TG II is the best version of the TG so I really want a version of him straight from Bandai.

SEED Destiny remasted announced, no info on it:
http://blog.esuteru.com/archives/6746329.html

I'm not really looking forward to it... I really like the SEED universe and can totally get behind the treatment Destiny got in some games (SRW Z!), but the actual series is pretty meh for the first half and plain terrible for the second one.

Oh good, if I can ever get finished caught up with SEED HD, on ep 27 or so. Hope its still Athrun/Kira based?

SEED Destiny remasted announced, no info on it:
http://blog.esuteru.com/archives/6746329.html

I'm not really looking forward to it... I really like the SEED universe and can totally get behind the treatment Destiny got in some games (SRW Z!), but the actual series is pretty meh for the first half and plain terrible for the second one.

I figured this would be coming. I'm sure I'll watch it again despite turning into a train wreck.

duckroll

Look on the bright side guys. The sooner they get SEED Destiny HD over with, the sooner they can announce the SEED movie which we've been waiting for! :D

Beth Cyra

Great Sunrise, you follow up the fucking worst Gundam ever with an HD version of the series that previous held that damn title.

Seriously, yes Destiny did well. However it hasn't held as well as SEED and even Japan has issues with it. Not even ZZ got an update or Movie comp and you are going to give fucking SEED Destiny an HD remaster?

I won't because it would be really dumb of me, but there is a part of me that just wants to give up on Gundam as a whole because of this fucking bullshit.

Beth Cyra

Zeta and ZZ both got BluRay remasters. And a movie would have been another "A new translation" so screw that.

Yes, but neither had added or changed content from what I remember.

Also while A new translation might not be the best thing from Zeta, ZZ could really, really benefit from it given how many good ideas ZZ had but its really hamstrung by how the series currently is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom