• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Gundam Thread of Gunpla, Origins, and 35 Years of GUNDAMUUUU!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhiLonius

-Now that the show is over, tell us what you feel about it.
Hino: Well, honestly I think we could've used more episodes.

Was so tempted to just stop reading right there.

For example in one of the scenario meetings we discussed how the weapons and war need to be depicted more realistically, while in another meeting the opinion of how it should be a more crazy super robot thing turned up. This stuff changed every week.

This explains a lot.

I guess the good thing here is that we didn't wind up with 78 episodes. I really doubt longer would have been better with the way Hino operates.

My one hope for the future is that in some future SRW Kio gets a correction punch from Bright Noa. Or a shining finger from Turn X/Gym Ghingham. Whatever works.

Beth Cyra

It's odd that while I kinda agree with him about one of the mistakes, it actually ended up being the best moment in the show and he likely would've ruined the character by the end so I'm glad it played out this way.

Ezalc

It's odd that while I kinda agree with him about one of the mistakes, it actually ended up being the best moment in the show and he likely would've ruined the character by the end so I'm glad it played out this way.

But even the best moment in a bad show is still a bad moment right?

Beth Cyra

But even the best moment in a bad show is still a bad moment right?

I honestly don't think it was bad, don't get me wrong it wasn't great either though.

Wolf was a fairly good character, easily th best in the series. His death was overall a decently done scene and it provided the one and only moment in the first 2 Arc's where I felt anything for Flit. Also outside of maybe Obright he had the only real decent character build on the way to his death so it actually mattered unlike 97% of the deaths that happened in the show.

Granted this is all just me, but given some of the horrid, horrid characters in Gundam I'm willing to give Wolf praise for actually being good. Granted I honestly believe this was more an accident then anything, and the fact that he wanted Wolf to live so an older Asem could have seen him adds on to that feeling.

Wubby

Exciting news for Wing Gunpla builders!

New MG Tallgeese was just announced today at the 2012 All-Japan Mokei Hobby Show in Tokyo!

PhiLonius

Nice!

Anyone know if they are just randomly doing all the Wing kits in MG form or just slowly going through them all? I'm hoping for some more Endless Waltz MG's.

Wubby

I hope it comes with conversation parts for Tallgeese II and III like the NG 1/100.

Sign only says Tallgeese I though. I doubt it will have parts for a II and III like the old kit did. Plus they could sell those as separate kits down the line for more $$.

Nice!

Anyone know if they are just randomly doing all the Wing kits in MG form or just slowly going through them all? I'm hoping for some more Endless Waltz MG's.

Here's hoping for a new Serpent Custom next! They've already done Aries and Leo as B-club kits within the last few years so I'm doubting those will make it to injection kit form. Though you never know. My dream would be a new MG Vayeate and Mercurius but I highly doubt those would ever see the light of day.

Beth Cyra

New MG Tallgeese was just announced today at the 2012 All-Japan Mokei Hobby Show in Tokyo!

I just saw this on Gundam Guy, I am so fucking hyped.

Just told my wife I want to order two of them.

Honestly this is easily the annoucement I wanted the most because it could lead directly into Tallgeese II so Treize can have a MG as well as how easy it would be to convert and release a MG Leo/Space Type for some grunt action in the Wing line.

Thank you Bandai, now just let TGII be a real release and not a Eshop exclusive.

Sign only says Tallgeese I though. I doubt it will have parts for a II and III like the old kit did. Plus they could sell those as separate kits down the line for more $$.

Here's hoping for a new Serpent Custom next! They've already done Aires and Leo as B-club kits within the last few years so I'm doubting those will make it to injection kit form. Though you never know. My dream would be a new MG Vayeate and Mercurius but I highly doubt those would ever see the light of day.

I have to wonder about that.

I just read that someone was able to translate all the text and if what they say is true the inner frame is being called Leo Frame (similar to XXXG/GAT) and if they were just going to do the TG 1/II/III/Heaven then I don't see why they would call it Leo Frame. Given how close the lower body is on both V/M as well as the Leo's overall body I would have to imagine that they are at least being considered with that frame name.

Beth Cyra

Given I don't see a Heat lance with TG I have to wonder if we will ever get option parts out of Bandai for all the additions.

Maybe something they could include with the Kai's to help add value given how similar they are to the Early Types? I doubt it, but I hope it would be something a little more mass market then B Club option parts.

PhiLonius

Here's hoping for a new Serpent Custom next! They've already done Aries and Leo as B-club kits within the last few years so I'm doubting those will make it to injection kit form. Though you never know. My dream would be a new MG Vayeate and Mercurius but I highly doubt those would ever see the light of day.

Exactly what I was thinking, along with a Heavyarms custom and maybe Nataku. I also wouldn't mind a Deathscythe Hell 2.0 as the quality on the one I have is kind of off.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport

I need this in my life. This and Heavyarms are the two best suits from this series and I need them both on my desk.

glaurung

Master Grade Tallgeese!

It's been the most requested MG for the last eight years.

Awesome. I hope they don't screw up the default color scheme though.

Beth Cyra

CFmFa.jpg

White Unicorn finally came in. Honestly I'm already waiting for the RG recolor/skin of Zeta to get it's White Unicorn and then I will be all over it.

I do wish the MG had more Pink as far as plastic goes, but I'm still happy to have it.

Still can't believe we are getting MG Nu Ker Ka and then Tallgeese back to back.

Amiami has the Nu Ver.Ka preorder up. I went with them because the price seems really reasonable.

Really hyped about the MG Tallgeese as well. It's my second favorite Wing suit, and I main him in the SFC fighting game, lol.

Beth Cyra

Amiami has the Nu Ver.Ka preorder up. I went with them because the price seems really reasonable.

Really hyped about the MG Tallgeese as well. It's my second favorite Wing suit, and I main him in the SFC fighting game, lol.
Much better then HLJ? I will have to check it out later.

Still waiting for someone to put up a preorder for TG, honestly kinda shocked HLJ still hasn't.

Much better then HLJ? I will have to check it out later.

Still waiting for someone to put up a preorder for TG, honestly kinda shocked HLJ still hasn't.

Yeah, Ami is ¥5,080 versus HLJ's ¥5,600. Not a huge difference, but I held off this long specifically to compare them.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
So uhhh, remember that story about the OO director who was threathing to kill people and was arrested? Apparently someone hacked his computer and sent that out and they dropped charges against him. Craziness.

He got Veda'd

Beth Cyra

Ohhh, Robot Damashii Xi Gundam coming soon. :O
Xi is looking good, this will likely be the first one I get of it. RD's are just doing awesome next year already. ZZ, Xi, and TG1.

Also I'm really happy that they fixed the Tallgeese 2/3 neck issue for the upcoming TG1 RD.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Did a little photo shoot with my freshly built PG Mk II.

Nice - LEDs always impress me in kits.

In semi-related news, I've finished moving and determined that I have space to build Gunpla again. :) I thought I was going to have to take an undetermined leave, but the spare bedroom is (as my fiancee puts it) my "semi-mancave". A+

Anyone have suggestions for spray painting Gunpla (brands, tips, etc)? I don't do enough to merit spending a few hundred on an airbrush just yet...

Septimus

Lol I was actually worried I would mess up the wiring but it was pretty straight-forward, thankfully.

I'm in an apartment now but when I get a nicer condo I can't wait to have a dedicated 'show room' lol. Right now they go on shelves to the sides and above the entertainment center in the living room.

Anyone interested in the English release of Gundam: The Origin?
Apparently they'll be limited to 4000 or so copies. I verified my preorders when I heard that.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Hmm - anyone ever use gundam markers before? I did a prime coat and started lining Fuunsaiki, but the marker is dead now. It's brand new and I've only done like, 4 lines. What's the deal?

Droog

Hmm - anyone ever use gundam markers before? I did a prime coat and started lining Fuunsaiki, but the marker is dead now. It's brand new and I've only done like, 4 lines. What's the deal?

Is it one of the thin nibbed markers specifically for panel lining? Any chance it could have dried up somehow? Maybe try tapping it/shaking in case of blockage somewhere.

Droog

The general consensus over at http://gundam-eclipse.net/ (where I go for most of my Gunpla discussion woo) is that the markers are designed for OOB kits. Boo.

I don't panel line specifically as I just ink wash my builds instead. I use the real touch markers (if I use them at all) and have never had a problem with application on (acrylic or enamel) painted models. The markers are OK for weathering effects if used right but I prefer to stick with my paintbrush on the whole.

None of them have suddenly stopped working though and some of my markers are 2+ years old at this point. I do have one of the panel line markers though and I could see it drying out quickly if not closed properly. Does the marker work on paper or is it just the kit it doesn't work with? Gloss finish perchance? Just throwing out some ideas!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom