• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Gundam Thread of Gunpla, Origins, and 35 Years of GUNDAMUUUU!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beth Cyra

The cover looks great. Granted not really a SEED fan, and I hate Providence.

Can the next AU please have lead that doesn't use a Pink Beam Saber? Please Sunrise?

Beth Cyra

Why are you racist (sexist? colorist?) against pink sabers?! >_>

I love Pink Sabers. Hell two of my top three Gundam's are ZZ and Unicorn haha.

I just really enjoyed Sunrise in the 90's taking giving small things to the AU's to make them feel more unique.

Now it sees like they try everything they can to make it as close to 0079 as they possibly can and given 0 Gundam, Age-1 Normal and 12 Years of Pink I would really like the next AU to have both a fairly unique lead and a unique colored Beam Saber.

Green, Blue, Purple, hell even Orange I don't care. Just not Pink.

Now it sees like they try everything they can to make it as close to 0079 as they possibly can and given 0 Gundam, Age-1 Normal and 12 Years of Pink I would really like the next AU to have both a fairly unique lead and a unique colored Beam Saber.

SEED was literally a retread of Mobile Suit Gundam. Swapping the colors of some beam sabers wouldn't even come close to differentiating it from UC.

Beth Cyra

SEED was literally a retread of Mobile Suit Gundam. Swapping the colors of some beam sabers wouldn't even come close to differentiating it from UC.

Haha of course it wouldn't.

It's a small thing, unimportant in almost every way but to me it is always nice when they do it. One of the reasons I love Delta Plus is because of the Blue Beam saber, same with GPO2 and Epyon.

So I would just like to see a lead after so long with something other then Pink.

Beth Cyra

Thanks, that sounds great.

Was there a rumor that there was going to be movie after ova finished for Unicorn or I might be confusing something else...

Well it was originally goingto be 6 OVA's but then got extended. I don't see how they would do a movie if wht I read of the novel is true and they do an even similar ending.

There has been rumors of both an AGE movie and the long canceled SEED movie being brought back.

Bebpo

Banned
The mecha illustration cover for the final SEED HD box looks awesome!

rcPWI.jpg

Too messy/crowded. It's really difficult to even tell what's going on where.

Jube3

Finally came!

BA0E1BBE-F61C-4D63-B32D-88B74EB16B2B-18493-00000973F18807C8.jpg

I'm really tempted to pick that one up, my backlog is crazy at the moment and I'm trying to clear some out to make room for the new Nu that is coming :D.

Holiday Gunpla sales.

GG Infinite
I'm still looking through their sale stuff, but they have the pre-order for the Nu Gundam at 20% off($92.50) and 15% off for the MG Tallgeese EW ($44.15). On top of that they are offering a $10 dollar coupon for orders above $75(making that NU 82 bucks) and $25 off for orders above $200.
http://gginfinite.com/HOLIDAY-SPECIALS.html

Gundam Planet
Gundam Planet is running a special 30% off on certain items promotion.They have all 3 age-1 gundams for 100 dollars which is not a bad deal, they would run you 130 at gginfinite.
http://www.gundamplanet.com/special-offer/holiday-special.html

Robot4less
Robot4less is having a 25% off sale this week for black friday. You kinda have to shop around here because their prices on a lot of the items are high. Catching a good sale though can save you some cash on certain items. Like the new MG Buster Gundam is 59.99 here but 48.95 at GGinfinite.

Code: blackr4l Also free shipping if you spend over $100. Not sure if it works on pre-orders.
http://robot4less.com/

Anyone know of any other gunpla holiday sales going on right now?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I'm really tempted to pick that one up, my backlog is crazy at the moment and I'm trying to clear some out to make room for the new Nu that is coming :D.

Holiday Gunpla sales.

GG Infinite
I'm still looking through their sale stuff, but they have the pre-order for the Nu Gundam at 20% off($92.50) and 15% off for the MG Tallgeese EW ($44.15). On top of that they are offering a $10 dollar coupon for orders above $75(making that NU 82 bucks) and $25 off for orders above $200.
http://gginfinite.com/HOLIDAY-SPECIALS.html

Gundam Planet
Gundam Planet is running a special 30% off on certain items promotion.They have all 3 age-1 gundams for 100 dollars which is not a bad deal, they would run you 130 at gginfinite.
http://www.gundamplanet.com/special-offer/holiday-special.html

Robot4less
Robot4less is having a 25% off sale this week for black friday. You kinda have to shop around here because their prices on a lot of the items are high. Catching a good sale though can save you some cash on certain items. Like the new MG Buster Gundam is 59.99 here but 48.95 at GGinfinite.

Code: blackr4l Also free shipping if you spend over $100. Not sure if it works on pre-orders.
http://robot4less.com/

Anyone know of any other gunpla holiday sales going on right now?

Thanks for posting these. :)

Remember that Model Grade also does a Reddit special on the latest pre-release - it's usually listed at $10xx.99, where $xx.99 is the actual price you'll pay with the Reddit coupon. Check /r/Gunpla for sales announcements, too. The guy who runs Model Grade posts there. The guy who runs Plamo UK posts over at Gundam Eclipse, but I haven't seen any specials pop up yet.

Jube3

Thanks for posting these. :)

Remember that Model Grade also does a Reddit special on the latest pre-release - it's usually listed at $10xx.99, where $xx.99 is the actual price you'll pay with the Reddit coupon. Check /r/Gunpla for sales announcements, too. The guy who runs Model Grade posts there. The guy who runs Plamo UK posts over at Gundam Eclipse, but I haven't seen any specials pop up yet.

Totally forgot about the group buy, its up for the NU and it comes out to 76.99.
http://www.modelgrade.net/nu-gundam-ver-ka-reddit-special/

Via Goodguydan
Directions:
1: Add the special Nu Gundam Ver. Ka to your shopping cart
2: Proceed to checkout.
3: On the 5th step you'll be able to enter the coupon code REDDITDEAL to get the discount (look at those $1000 melt away!). You may need to change the shipping option before completing checkout.
4: Done!

Product Description:
What!?! Over $1000 for a Master Grade Nu Gundam Ver Ka? That's nuts... No one would ever pay that... Unless you had a coupon of some sorts...

Included in the deal:

- Special Price $76.99 with coupon (don't be intimidated by that over $1000 price tag, it melts away with the coupon... now only if you had one...)

- $5.00 Model Grade Gift Certificate

- $5.00 Flat Shipping USPS Parcel or FREE Shipping (US only) if you buy 2 or more

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I'm iffy on Nu. On one hand, it's a shiny new Gundam and I would love to have it. On the other, I'd rather buy an MG Zeong with the funds since I <3 Zeong. Ugh.

Jube3

I'm iffy on Nu. On one hand, it's a shiny new Gundam and I would love to have it. On the other, I'd rather buy an MG Zeong with the funds since I <3 Zeong. Ugh.

So yea about that backlog I was talking about earlier? It just got way worse!

These were announced yesterday (grabbed the list from the gunpla subreddit).

Master Grade
Jesta
Rezel Defensor
Sinanju Stein
I spoiler tagged this in case, I think its from a manga and not Unicorn.
Age-3 Normal
Age-3 FX
Aile Strike (remastered)

Real Grade:
Destiny

High Grade UC:
Messala
Doven Wolf
Zogok
Jesta Cannon
Ez-8
Tri-Star Zaku II

High Grade:
Perfect Strike
Blue Frame Second L

SD:
Banshee
Delta Plus

Bandai shop Exclusives:
MG Nu ver.ka Funnel addons
RG Strike Rouge + HG IWSP pack
HGUC GM + Guncannon (White Dingo ver.)

So yea about that backlog I was talking about earlier? It just got way worse!

These were announced yesterday (grabbed the list from the gunpla subreddit).

Master Grade
Jesta
Rezel Defensor
Sinanju Stein
Age-3 Normal
Age-3 FX
Aile Strike (remastered)

Real Grade:
Destiny

High Grade UC:
Messala
Doven Wolf
Zogok
Jesta Cannon
Ez-8
Tri-Star Zaku II

High Grade:
Perfect Strike
Blue Frame Second L

SD:
Banshee
Delta Plus

Bandai shop Exclusives:
MG Nu ver.ka Funnel addons
RG Strike Rouge + HG IWSP pack
HGUC GM + Guncannon (White Dingo ver.)

So AGE is still a thing, huh?

Jubern

Sinanju Stein

It's not really a spoiler, it's just
the Sinanju as it was when it was first stolen. Exact same machine, only while and missing some props (sleeves, horn...) that were added by Full Frontal/Neo Zeon. You can briefly see it in episode 2, when FF attacks the Nahel Argama and Alberto gives them the Sinanju's data, and it was more formally introduced in a short prequel novel explaining the heist of the machine and the root of Angelo's devotion to Frontal.

It's not really a spoiler, it's just
the Sinanju as it was when it was first stolen. Exact same machine, only while and missing some props (sleeves, horn...) that were added by Full Frontal/Neo Zeon. You can briefly see it in episode 2, when FF attacks the Nahel Argama and Alberto gives them the Sinanju's data, and it was more formally introduced in a short prequel novel explaining the heist of the machine and the root of Angelo's devotion to Frontal.

Yup, it's a cool little novella that came with the Gundam UC PS3 game Limited Edition box.

Yes, but neither had added or changed content from what I remember.

Also while A new translation might not be the best thing from Zeta, ZZ could really, really benefit from it given how many good ideas ZZ had but its really hamstrung by how the series currently is.
Yeah, I would love to see an entire HD remake of Zeta with the animation reminiscent of what we got with the movie trilogy.

Seriously Bandai, go die in a fire. Pay attention to some of the series that are showing age instead of going to the well on a less-than-decade year old series.

Btw, I think I've posted it in the past, but this fake Zeta intro is fucking awesome.

frye

Yeah, I would love to see an entire HD remake of Zeta with the animation reminiscent of what we got with the movie trilogy.

Seriously Bandai, go die in a fire. Pay attention to some of the series that are showing age instead of going to the well on a less-than-decade year old series.

Btw, I think I've posted it in the past, but this fake Zeta intro is fucking awesome.

How can that be fucking awesome when there's nobody having a pure time/being a noble mind

Man, a full remake would be great. Speaking of remakes, what happened to the Gundam Origins animation? Hopefully it's shown next year!

Jubern

If I had to guess, they simply announced their plans to adapt it too early and are really regretting it. They've been completely silent about the adaptation except a few occasions where they admitted they just didn't knew what to do with it.

One might think they'd go the OAV route... But the thing is that they can't really cut corners with the story like they're doing with Unicorn, since the new details and side-stories are exactly what made The Origin popular... Yet I can't see them commit to a full-fledged 50-or so episodes long remake.

Jubern

It looks like something funky is happening with Glory of Losers: as you guys know, all the Okawara designs were reconned out in favor of Katoki's... But the newest chapter shows Okawara's Wing Zero Katoki'ed o_O

Wonder what they're going to do with WZC.

Beth Cyra

It looks like something funky is happening with Glory of Losers: as you guys know, all the Okawara designs were reconned out in favor of Katoki's... But the newest chapter shows Okawara's Wing Zero Katoki'ed o_O

Wonder what they're going to do with WZC.

Wing Zero's placement is odd. Thing is it can't really fit in with the current storyline. The Preview of the Zero Vs Epyon has Zero EW, as well as the fact that if Glory of the Defeated goes up through Frozen Teardrop like was originally planned then we've already seen Wing Zero EW.

At the same time the Zero in the manga seems like a half way point between TV and EW (looking at the Wing's on the head look closer to Wing/Zero EW's then the original) but then they showed off a true Wing Zero TV in the latest Wing EW MG line photo (shadowed with white snow flakes?) so they have to be doing something with it.

Maybe have TV Zero show up created by Quatre but have/force it to be upgraded or changed when they set off all the bombs? If they do run through TV->EW->FT they are going to have a hard time trying to explain why Wing Zero can eat so much damage with out a scatch then get beat up so badly in EW.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Didn't make any Black Friday purchases, mainly because nothing seemed overly good. No sale on MG or PG Zeong, so there wasn't anything I needed. I would have loved a Zoids model or two, but again, no sale.

Oh well, time to just watch and order as need be!

mingus

Man, Xi Gundam has been getting some love lately with the Robot Damashii figure and it being released in both vanilla Extreme Versus and Full Boost. Is it the anniversary of Hathaway's Flash or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom