• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Gundam Thread of Gunpla, Origins, and 35 Years of GUNDAMUUUU!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Semi-Gundam related.

I was going through some boxes of stuff a while back and found these things that my grandma got for me in Japan back in the mid-80s... does anyone know what they are? They're some sort of card game from what I can figure out.

japogs1.jpg

japogs2.jpg

B.K.

I saw today that the Mobile Suit Gundam movie trilogy has been rereleased. The box says that it's a newly restored transfer. Has anyone bought it? Is the restoration good enough to buy it even if I have the old boxset they released around 2002?

beat

_dementia said:
OT, but wow, that VOOM Temjin Ver. Ka looks nice!
definitely picking one up!
Why is there a "ver Ka" for a mech Katoki did the original design for?

edit: oh, because it's from the "Composite ver Ka" line that has (before this one) been Katoki-ish redesigns of models he didn't come up with.

Bebpo said:
Bright punch is amazing.

Thank you for that :)
Haha, no prob! Glad I could actually make it! :lol

I'm trying to think of other random Gundam BS I can throw in... like Char being shielded by lolis or fighting Master Asia without his mobile suit, etc.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
zomg I was poking around the psn video store anime section and they finally have Unicorn 1 available! Finally something to use the $20 Sonybucks I got for christmas on! But at over 3gigs this is gonna take me several days to download @_@; Was the amazon exclusive the reason it took them so long to add this to the service or something else (such as bandai not having any titles on psn thus far)? Either way my rewatching of the UC Gundams was not in vain since I can now see this at a affordable price! :D

GONz

Lindsay said:
zomg I was poking around the psn video store anime section and they finally have Unicorn 1 available! Finally something to use the $20 Sonybucks I got for christmas on! But at over 3gigs this is gonna take me several days to download @_@; ..... Either way my rewatching of the UC Gundams was not in vain since I can now see this at a affordable price! :D
:eek: On what PSN was that (it's been long since I accessed any of them...)?

polyh3dron said:
hay guys

any word on when we should expect the next Unicorn installment?

Sometime in the Fall. They're going to be screening a portion of the next episode at an upcoming event in Japan, though.

B.K. said:
I wish they'd do an Anime Legends set for Mobile Suit Gundam.

Anime Legends are simply discs that they couldn't sell and they repack them to sell cheap. They don't actually make new discs or anything. This is why some Anime Legends releases are very rare as they had very limited available supplies to work with like with Overman Gainer.

All the stock on MSG was liquidated long ago.

distantmantra said:
4934569352248.jpg

http://forest.kinokuniya.co.jp/ItemIntro/641116

Gundam UC volume 2 released on November 12th in Japan.

Any word if it's going to be a world wide release? I seriously would not be surprised if they drop the english releases

X-Frame

This huge wait until Volume 2 better be a one-time thing .. I cannot see how they can justify taking that much time. Yes, the quality of Volume 1 was great but come on ..

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Lafiel said:
Damn might be a good time to start my tomino gundam collection soon. Although ZZ probably won't come, but who needs to own that anyway.

ZZ is great. Such a different tone than most of the other UC series.

Also, WOW. I can't believe Bandai is finally bringing over Turn-A.
Now give me the Zeta and ZZ bluray sets >:| 0083 and 08th Team need to be converted into HD as well.

I have decided to make this the summer of rewatching Gundam. Going through ZZ now... what should I go with next?

Blader

The only good thing about ZZ was the recycled Zeta music.

I'll admit the scene where Roux snipes Glemmy was pretty cool, even if his reaction to it was stupid.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Blader5489 said:
The only good thing about ZZ was the recycled Zeta music.

I'll admit the scene where Roux snipes Glemmy was pretty cool, even if his reaction to it was stupid.

ZETA ZAKU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom