• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Gundam Thread of Gunpla, Origins, and 35 Years of GUNDAMUUUU!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ezalc

I'm making a judgment based solely off his avatars, but it'd be my guess that Domon x Chibodee is the only possible ship for him, unless he somehow goes for Domon x George or Chibodee x George.

Except I think George tends to be the weakest link in the team in terms of character. Then again, my tastes have proven largely antithetical to DTL's, so I dunno.

Yeah from what I saw he tends to enjoy pretty boy characters the most, like the cast of Hitman Reborn.

Actually it's DTL's taste taht is antithetical to basically everybody else's in many areas.

As for the weakest link on the team I always thought Argo was the one who was constantly ignored.

B.K.

Only a few more weeks until Origin Volume 2?

Everyone have your preorders locked?

I've got up to Volume 4 preordered. Not that they will be hard to find even without a preorder. A local Barnes and Nobel store that I go to has about four copies of Volume 1. It's not as limited as the publisher let on it was going to be.

Dynedom

Guys.

X or Victory? Which should I watch right now? I literally can't fucking choose.

Oh god, go for X, haha. I know some people here enjoy Victory but blergh.

Hmmm . . . I guess. I mean, G just doesn't have that many Kira x Athruns floatin' around.

Guys, I'm starting to think I like ZZ more than Z, but I don't know why, because the Zeta was an infinitely better mech than the piece of crap Double Zeta, and Kamile was a way cooler guy than Judau, and while I do like Roux and despise Fa, Judau's sucky friends still weigh him down more than Kamile's entourage. Which is saying something, because Kamile hung out with Fa AND Katz, who are far and away the worst characters in UC.

The flip side is that I actually kind of like ZZ's villains a lot more. Mashmyre and Chara are incompetent to a hilarious degree, and poor Gottn is so put upon, but none of them are the fuckawful pretentious pieces of shit that Paptimus Sriracha was, nor as gratingly terrible as Rekkua and Sarah (who were the Titans equivalent to Fa and Katz), and so on.

If the first half of ZZ hadn't existed, it would have been a competent show. Haman is far more endearing to me than Scirocco (and god dammit, I cannot mention his name anymore without thinking of the damn car).

The way the show is, I could never put it above Z.

I love Victory, though mainly for the art style and music. It's top notch in that regard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0AWDLSuQ0I
http://youtu.be/UF89u9RPDdQ
http://youtu.be/0hecBFtWDWk
http://youtu.be/HVO5tQgjnJw
http://youtu.be/wETjJNFehik

I really enjoyed the characters. The mecha designs weren't the greatest, at least the Zanscare stuff. Not a fan of BESPA at all. The V and V2 are pretty sharply designed though and It's fun watching Usso piloting them. He's a pretty awesome protagonist, despite being so young.

For me, I just find the whole show charming. Yeah, it is pretty flawed and certainly not the best show in the franchise, but I still love the hell out of it.

I have a bit of an emotional attachment to it as well. The first time I watched it, I was knee deep in studying for finals in my second-to-last semester in college. Every time I needed a break from studying, I would pop in an episode or two. Really restored my motivation and got me through that time.

PhiLonius

While a few of the designs are great, V and V2 especially, some of them seem like a step back tech wise considering the show takes place a bit further down the U.C. timeline.

As far as characters go Uso is a great protag and his reactions to everything going on around him are fitting considering his age.

Other than that, a few problems have kept me from going back to it like I have most other shows in the series.

I can see where you're coming from. There isn't anything insane in V Gundam like Psycho Frame or Funnels. But they do have things that ARE pretty impressive. For one thing, MSes in Victory's time are much smaller than Early UC. Then you have stuff like beam shields and the Wings of Light.

Canonically, I think a big part of why things like transformable mobile suits and funnels disappeared is because Anaheim Electronics practically went out of business around UC 0120s. Then SNRI took over and went in a different direction than AE had been going.

I can see where you're coming from. There isn't anything insane in V Gundam like Psycho Frame or Funnels. But they do have things that ARE pretty impressive. For one thing, MSes in Victory's time are much smaller than Early UC. Then you have stuff like beam shields and the Wings of Light.

Canonically, I think a big part of why things like transformable mobile suits and funnels disappeared is because Anaheim Electronics practically went out of business around UC 0120s. Then SNRI took over and went in a different direction than AE had been going.

AFAIK, beam shields were introduced in the F90/91 era. If I remember my Gundam history correctly. Together with the VSBR beam rifle technology which was also later used in Victory Gundam.

Victory Gundam got quite a few hand me downs in terms of Gundam tech from the F90/91 era.

How the hell does that even work, anyway? I mean, beams are just super charged minovsky particles, right? How does spinning them give them lift?

Dynedom

I was actually suggesting it more so you can just get it out of the way now rather than later lol. I'm not very high on Victory.

Yeah, I guess one needs to run through the whole UC universe. Although ending it at Unicorn and pretending Victory never existed can be a plus, lol.

edit: Although like someone mentioned, the music was pretty good.

edit: Is the Crossbone manga worth reading? I still hold out hope that they just animate the damn thing. :(

frye

wwr0dUX.png

You know this picture from G Gundam? Imagawa stole that from Crossbone and if you look closely, the X1 is the centre mobile suit. Also the RX78-2 on the left.

G Gundam owns so hard.

I was under the impression that a ton of mobile suits made cameos in the finale few episodes of G. Even the Wing made an early appearance.

Gundam Seed HD Remaster BD Episode 40
tumblr_mnwbeoIRXJ1qbxqfpo1_500.png

I think he has to be my favorite of these Gundam pilots new gen, something about him. Anyway the OP is kind of catchy, somehow found myself looping it back at least four times. I like it. Plot stuff was emotional and rather intense but did give big things, continuously impressed with Lacus, its like everything around here goes swimmingly fine and just really great. The Eternal is amazing
Kira swooping in at just the right time made me smile, and what not
. I was hoping ep 41 events would never come to pass
I just dont want to see Natarle and the Dominator have to go against Murrae and the Archangel + Eternal, she was with us for so long and started to grow on me that it will be quite sad if she ends up losing or dying, maybe she can defect?

Beth Cyra

wwr0dUX.png

You know this picture from G Gundam? Imagawa stole that from Crossbone and if you look closely, the X1 is the centre mobile suit. Also the RX78-2 on the left.

G Gundam owns so hard.

Wing Gundam also made it's very first showing during G Gundam. Granted to this day I still can't stand G Gundam, I will just never understand the love for this (or Zeta for that matter.)

Been thinking of finally grabbing the Victory Ver Ka. The amount of SEED wanking going on in Gundam though over the last year has really pushed me away, so hopefully something like Victory can get me motivated again.

fertygo

I actually like those pilot, not the character but the usage... they not even pretend they're character just bunch of sickos that wrecking shit, much better than the fraud in Destiny. love the period where they fight Kira and Athrun 7 eps in a row lawl

CorvoSol

Different eyes, different perspective.

You're not the demographic being pandered to by those pilots, CorvoSol, so you wouldn't understand lol.

I guess. In their defense, the Extended aren't AS horrible as their successors in Gundam SEED Destiny. Those are the worst. And by worst I only mean in SEED. Because every single character in 00 wins the title of worst character in Gundam. Lockon was almost saved, but then season 2 happened.

I actually like those pilot, not the character but the usage... they not even pretend they're character just bunch of sickos that wrecking shit, much better than the fraud in Destiny. love the period where they fight Kira and Athrun 7 eps in a row lawl

I got reaaaaaal bored of their schtick partway through. It kinda interfered with more interesting things, like
Murrue vs Natarle
for me.

Ezalc

I guess. In their defense, the Extended aren't AS horrible as their successors in Gundam SEED Destiny. Those are the worst. And by worst I only mean in SEED. Because every single character in 00 wins the title of worst character in Gundam. Lockon was almost saved, but then season 2 happened.

Season 1 Lockon is saved from this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom