• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Gundam Thread of Gunpla, Origins, and 35 Years of GUNDAMUUUU!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there any info about a new Gunpla Bible coming out anytime soon?

There was one in 2004, then 2007 and 2010. Might it be time for another one? Or maybe it's out already and I can't find it.

The 2010 version is here

I hope they give AGE kits as few pages as possible. If there's a series which suit designs I don't like, it's that one. I haven't even seen AGE and I'm already sick of those designs. It's like they took the minimum amount of effort to design new Gundams as possible. If you have a shitty series then the least you could do is throw some mad designs in there. And I don't mean mad as in dinosaur grunt suits or something.

Jubern

I guess. In their defense, the Extended aren't AS horrible as their successors in Gundam SEED Destiny. Those are the worst. And by worst I only mean in SEED. Because every single character in 00 wins the title of worst character in Gundam. Lockon was almost saved, but then season 2 happened.

I swear you're begging for me to come for your throat every time you talk about 00. Or anything Gundam-related for that matter, since it seems like you need to remember everyone how terrible you thought 00 was no matter what the topic actually is

CorvoSol

Screw you guys! I thought the characters in 00 were fine. :p

You thought wrong.

I swear you're begging for me to come for your throat every time you talk about 00. Or anything Gundam-related for that matter, since it seems like you need to remember everyone how terrible you thought 00 was no matter what the topic actually is

I don't have the slightest clue what you mean by that, Jubern.

On a completely unrelated note, how about Gundam 00? Pretty awful, right? I think it was pretty much awful. It was awful.

You thought wrong.

I don't have the slightest clue what you mean by that, Jubern.

On a completely unrelated note, how about Gundam 00? Pretty awful, right? I think it was pretty much awful. It was awful.

This is like seeing that one anime guy walk into the wall over and over again.

So I finished G Gundam and I've got to day it's definately up there with the best Gundam series. The only negative I can think of is that it says that we should see it again for Gundam Fight 14 but as of now we still haven't revisited the Future Century.

I just want more of it!

Bebpo

Banned
I don't care what anyone says, Setsuna is still one of my top3 characters in Gundam. He's a complete moron but the most entertaining kind there is because he's not stupid, just completely oblivious and only focused on his mission. He's a wayyyy better Heero. He also has a cool voice and several cool Gundams.

I AM GUNDAM!

lololololool

Ezalc

So I finished G Gundam and I've got to day it's definately up there with the best Gundam series. The only negative I can think of is that it says that we should see it again for Gundam Fight 14 but as of now we still haven't revisited the Future Century.

I just want more of it!

Another one joins the best team.

Why am I not surprised you like the spleen burningly terrible Extended pilots, DTL?

They look great and have an interesting personality that makes them rather crazy and appealing.

I don't care what anyone says, Setsuna is still one of my top3 characters in Gundam. He's a complete moron but the most entertaining kind there is because he's not stupid, just completely oblivious and only focused on his mission. He's a wayyyy better Heero. He also has a cool voice and several cool Gundams.

I AM GUNDAM!

lololololool

Setsuna F Seiei is one of the best parts to the Gundam franchise, he's up there with Hero and Duo for the best characters

I haven't watched 00 in years. You're kinda making me want to sit down and marathon it...but then I remember the 00 movie and cringe.

What are you talking about? There was no 00 movie. There was just some upgraded Gundam introduced later on after the show as models.

Gundam 00 Quanta is so fucking sick. I can't wait to get my hands on a model kit master grade.

isny

napkin dispenser
What are you talking about? There was no 00 movie. There was just some upgraded Gundam introduced later on after the show as models.

Gundam 00 Quanta is so fucking sick. I can't wait to get my hands on a model kit master grade.

Nice one. So true.

CorvoSol

It might shock you to find out that there is such a thing. Namely your constant ranting in here.

Because I have definitely been ranting constantly. My, my, but you guys do take things personally here, don't you? Last I checked, I wasn't the one who threatened to rip out someone's throat over an anime.

Pretty sure Seed Destiny is MUCH worse than 00. And Igloo

I haven't seen Igloo yet, so it could well be. Seed Destiny is awful, too, but it never gets as bad as 00's movie did.

Seed Destiny started off okay enough. I was hopeful for a minute since I hated Seed so much. But then after the
colony drop
it descended into so much dumbfuckery my head hurt. And it only got worse as the series went on. To say that the only thing bad about Destiny is Shin is just not true. There is nothing good about Destiny. Not its OPs, not its mech designs (way too busy and complicated, not to mention completely derivative), not its Char Clone, not its battle ships. The only thing halfway decent about it was Shuuichi Ikeda's voice and Gladys.

The irony of Durandal and Gladys being love interests WAS pretty great though, since Gladys was voiced by the same person who played Kycilia Zabi, and we all know what Char did to her.

CorvoSol

Seed Destiny started off okay enough. I was hopeful for a minute since I hated Seed so much. But then after the
colony drop
it descended into so much dumbfuckery my head hurt. And it only got worse as the series went on. To say that the only thing bad about Destiny is Shin is just not true. There is nothing good about Destiny. Not its OPs, not its mech designs (way too busy and complicated, not to mention completely derivative), not its Char Clone, not its battle ships. The only thing halfway decent about it was Shuuichi Ikeda's voice and Gladys.

Haha, here's where I shamefully admit I like Destiny's OPs. Wings of Words was my jam for like, a week. And added to that pile is that I also liked Meer
because of that death scene.
All told there are about 5 moments in Destiny I find good:
Lacus and Kira's home invasion, Mu and Murrue's reunion, Athrun's escape from the ZAFT base, Meer's deadh, and the look on Shinn's face when he finds out he failed to kill Athrun and Kira.

There is only one Seed/Seed Destiny character who is written halfway decently and that is Athrun, which I guess the main writer basically gary stu'd him anyway, so I guess he's not THAT well written after all.

As for the Mwu reunion, I was too busy being pissed off to enjoy it. One of the biggest asspulls in the franchise.

CorvoSol

There is only one Seed/Seed Destiny character who is written halfway decently and that is Athrun, which I guess the main writer basically gary stu'd him anyway, so I guess he's not THAT well written after all.

As for the Mwu reunion, I was too busy being pissed off to enjoy it. One of the biggest asspulls in the franchise.

It was definitely an asspull, but I enjoyed it for what it was.

Athrun should've been the main character of SEED. He was the only sort of well written guy. Though I did love Mu.

Ezalc

You can keep your best team for as long as one of the prerequisites is rabid hate for 00.

Nah the prerequisite is thinking G Gundam is awesome, 00 hate just happens to be a sub group in the team. Though I admit that I don't totally hate it, since season 1 Lockon is still awesome and I like his gundams.

I disagree with this. Everything in Seed Destiny was great...except for everything with Shin.

AHTZLuw.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/yAs1M.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

That image never fails to kill me.

Because my hatred for Destiny rivals that of the one some psychos here have for 00.

Also, I managed to build my first Master Grade this week - the Aile Strike RM.

[quote][img]http://i.imgur.com/Pdjfyxh.jpg

Really surprised with how tight most of the connections are in there. Obviously this is built to last.
Every time I see the Aile Striker pack I smile for some reason. And the head sculpt is perfect as well.

Really enjoyed building this one. Mostly because I was too excited to see the final product. I still have to put on some decals but I have to really think through which ones I want to put on. I don't want it to turn out looking as busy as the RG Zeta for which I decided to put on every decal instructed in the manual which ended up looking stupid by the time I was done.

I doubt I will be getting any models in the near future. The shipping costs to Estonia are lethal. And then the customs are there to gladly violate your freshly skinned corpse.

You know, looking at the Aile Strike model of yours, it would actually look like a halfway decent mech if it didn't have those wings.

CorvoSol

You know, looking at the Aile Strike model of yours, it would actually look like a halfway decent mech if it didn't have those wings.

I kinda like the Aile Strike. Not as much as the Sword Strike or the Freedom, though.

I'm embarrassed to admit that the only Gundam I own now is the Strike Freedom. I've got that and the ARX-7 Arbalest from Full Metal Panic! and that's it. I'd kill to get Wing Zero Custom and ARX-8 Laevatein. Also, I ought to look and see if there's a good Zeta Gundam out there. I may have not liked Zeta Gundam as much as others, but I'll be damned if the Zeta isn't the coolest UC design.

I guess it's just matter of taste then, because I love those wings. Of course they can also be folded down, removed, or you can not have the Aile Striker pack on at all. Would take pics of those options but I'm away from home at the moment.

I think skirt and shoulder decals are a must.

I'm embarrassed to admit that the only Gundam I own now is the Strike Freedom.

I also want the Strike Freedom but I'm not satisfied with the choices out right now. RG Justice is tempting though, but the stuff I previously said keeps me off.

CorvoSol

Strike Freedom is okay, except the gold elements don't really look that great. They were kinda weird in the show and they're kinda weirder on the model, I think.

On that note: does anybody know what the size of a Bandai Spirits model is? Is it 1/144, or 1/100 or what?

How is the balance on the kit anyway? Can it stand on its own? My Nu Gundam has trouble doing so, and its fin funnels don't look nearly as bulky as your Aile's. I guess that's what the action base is for though, right?

How is the balance on the kit anyway? Can it stand on its own? My Nu Gundam has trouble doing so, and its fin funnels don't look nearly as bulky as your Aile's. I guess that's what the action base is for though, right?

It's great. The pose it's in on the first picture I posted - no troubles and as you can see it's on its own feet without even looking retarded.
Interestingly enough the Aile Striker pack seems to pull the torso back when it's on an action base or the included launch pad.

I was chasing the Nu Gundam for a while. Didn't go for it though because the expansion pack is a Bandai shop exclusive and that's a load of fuck to obtain, I presume.

CorvoSol

They're 1/144.

Don't really see the appeal of them though. Unless you are really pressed for time and can't build a HG.

I just suck at building things. I have a couple of tattered remains of 1/144 models I played with as a kid (Epyon died, but I still have Death Scythe, Shen Long and a wingless Wing Zero and maybe Sandrock left). I don't have very steady hands so building just isn't my thing anymore. I'm just trying to get a few models of my favorites so I can pose 'em for a Super Robot Wars picture.

Ezalc

I just suck at building things. I have a couple of tattered remains of 1/144 models I played with as a kid (Epyon died, but I still have Death Scythe, Shen Long and a wingless Wing Zero and maybe Sandrock left). I don't have very steady hands so building just isn't my thing anymore. I'm just trying to get a few models of my favorites so I can pose 'em for a Super Robot Wars picture.

You should get action figures of the entire Shuffle Alliance.

I found the Fin Funnel expansion a few places, including amazon and ebay. But it's pretty expensive. You're got to have to spend at least 70 on top of the amount you pay for the Nu Gundam itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom