• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Gundam Thread of Gunpla, Origins, and 35 Years of GUNDAMUUUU!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CorvoSol

That's what's up next.

Edit : Actually, I think it just happened.
Right before Genesis appears.

You're right, that makes more sense. That was my favorite part of the show. "REALIZE"'s SRWJ remix is synonymous with frantic mad dashes by my team to prevent that stuff from happening.

Definitely one of my favorite Gundam moments.

I really want to check out SRW games (not like I already have enough games to play through).

Any recommendations as to where to start? I'm not really good at SRPGs but I'd like to see MSG, Zeta, Turn-A, SEED and 00 people interact with eachother.

I really want to check out SRW games (not like I already have enough games to play through).

Any recommendations as to where to start? I'm not really good at SRPGs but I'd like to see MSG, Zeta, Turn-A, SEED and 00 people interact with eachother.

I think SRW Z2 was where Gundam 00 made its debut in the series, and it also has Zeta, SEED Destiny and Turn-A characters in there.
The original SRW Z has all of those series sans 00, and if you can play Japanese PS2 games, that's what I'd recommend for you to check out first. You could just jump into Z2 right away, but I personally prefer Z1. You could also check out Alpha Gaiden or the aforementioned J, since they both have English patches available. There's actually a community OT over on Gaming with a bunch of links to wikis and lists for the series, so you can browse through the different games and see which ones have a list of series that you like as well.

CorvoSol

Super Robot Wars J is fully translated into English. It has SEED and the first season of Full Metal Panic! W is my favorite since it has GGG, FMP, EW and MSN. SRWZ2 has SEED, Zeta, Turn A, 00 and CCA among many others and isn't that hard to get used to.

Avoid OE, though. I'm not enjoying it that much.

GundamGAF Rewatch (slowly catching up, anyway) - Mobile Suit Victory Gundam - 2

Chronicle gets established as being quite incompetent. We have war orphans. Uso does a lot of yelling.

Off to a terrific start!

Figured I'd share some of the pain with you all, though I actually don't really hate Victory as much as some do. At least I don't think I so...it's been awhile since I first watched it.

CorvoSol

Someone refresh my memory: The Bandai Robot Spirits line is approximately 1/144 in height, right? So if I can't find a mech in that, a 1/144 would be the best alternative model, right?

Cuz I can't find a Dynames in that line at all.

vareon

Someone refresh my memory: The Bandai Robot Spirits line is approximately 1/144 in height, right? So if I can't find a mech in that, a 1/144 would be the best alternative model, right?

Yep, about that height.

Aizo

Banned
Gundam Build Fighters - 3
Ramba Ral is pretty great.
Takes kids to bars, though... Hmmm...
Fun as always. It is still so interesting to have the main character as a mechanic instead of a pilot.
Yay to getting a girl interested in Gunpla. :lol

I think the MSIA line is just a tad smaller than 1/144 but should be good enough for what you're looking for, Dynames wise.

http://www.hlj.com/product/ban950127

ban950127_0.jpg

fertygo

Alpha and Z1-Z2 series are always touted for the beginners.

Beth Cyra

Epidsode 3 was great at parts, but easily the weakest so far for me.

I continue to love Tetsuya, and Reji was awsome. I already dislike class president, can't give two shits about her crush. Also Im really starting to dislike Sei. Ral was amazing, and the bar was fucking great.

Sunrise did nothing but tease me with Fience, I'm very bitter over it right now. Still though the one pink and one green eye totally has me in love with it.

Can't wait for Episode 4.

Alpha and Z1-Z2 series are always touted for the beginners.

Z's are amazing, and great for new SRW players. Also Z2 Part 1 and Z2 Part 2 is the only one you are your going to get Turn A, Zeta, SEED Destiny, and OO in the same game. It also features Gundam X and Gundam Wing out of the other Gundam Universes. X really takes a dive as far as importance goes from Z1 though, so if you care about that at all you would need to pick it up.

Alpha is good fun, and the series is what I many would argue is the best series in SRW, and for those that dislike SEED/Destiny it is also the last time where SEED was used, but it had a role and didn't overstay it's welcome. Unlike SEED Destiny and Endless Waltz in the DS games and Z2 to some extent.

Gundam Build Fighters three was great. I'm going to assume Ramba Ral is a main character at this point. I loved his reference to the "you didn't win by your own strength"line.

AloT of stuff happened this episode, maybe even too much. It would have been cool to see an entire episode of Reiji wrecking shit in a ball.

Yuuki is kind of creepy

I worked on my Gundam Mark II's arms for an hour and a half because I am dumb and reversed two of the little blocks that slot into the arms so the armor can slide over it.

Did that make any sense

Bombless

I worked on my Gundam Mark II's arms for an hour and a half because I am dumb and reversed two of the little blocks that slot into the arms so the armor can slide over it.

Did that make any sense

Yeah, it did. I had to take my LaGOWE legs apart twice because I had reversed 2 different pieces on 2 different legs and the tank threads did not tuck themselves right.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
After watching Build Fighters 03... Gundam GAF... please tell me which ones are for girls.

Aside from the obvious Nobel Gundam :D

Chinner

Banned
whats gundam: origins supposed to be like? i see its been translated and released over here, and i know it's getting an anime next year i think. is it good? might check it out.

CorvoSol

After watching Build Fighters 03... Gundam GAF... please tell me which ones are for girls.

Aside from the obvious Nobel Gundam :D

Qubeley so you can be like the best woman in Gundam.

Mk. II was also piloted by the 2nd best woman.

Rising Gundam for 3rd best.

Zeta Gundam since Roux piloted that.

Or Unicorn, 'cuz those are for girls. Speaking of, Black Unicorn was piloted by a woman, who also piloted the Kshatriya or whatevs, and she's the best girl in Unicorn, so there's that.

Gundam G Fighter is awesome lol

This is how I feel about Zeta. The cast and plot were terrible (especially after watching Mobile Suit Gundam,
Kamille, Emma, and Zeta were great, but goddamn did they ever waste Char and Amuro.

The Gundam series have always unlikeable crew members, if its not the pilot or the crew, the show gets ruined by a stupid love story like the 2nd half of 8th MS team. I still have yet to see Turn A and Gundam X but so far G Fighter skips all the pointless drama of a typical Gundam show(probably because its not a typical Gundam show lol).

PhiLonius

Or Unicorn, 'cuz those are for girls. Speaking of, Black Unicorn was piloted by a woman, who also piloted the Kshatriya or whatevs, and she's the best girl in Unicorn, so there's that.

Technically, she also piloted the Qubeley II, so that makes it a trifecta.

CorvoSol

This. Absolutely this! Never underestimate Haman-sama's Qubeley.

So there you have it, Kagari. Pilot a Qubeley so you can be the woman who bested Char Aznable
when he was stoned as hell.

The Gundam series have always unlikeable crew members, if its not the pilot or the crew, the show gets ruined by a stupid love story like the 2nd half of 8th MS team. I still have yet to see Turn A and Gundam X but so far G Fighter skips all the pointless drama of a typical Gundam show(probably because its not a typical Gundam show lol).

G Gundam had a loveable crew and a great love story, and ZZ only had Mondo in terms of unlikeable crewmembers. Zeta, on the other hand, had Sarah, Katz, Reccoa, Fa (who only becomes likeable in ZZ), Katz, Katz, Katz, Beltachika, Katz, and Poptarts Sriracha.

That said, Zeta is not as bad as a great number of other shows. Particularly Victory Gundam. Here are the good characters in Victory: Marbet and Junko. Here are the bad characters in Victory: Every other character who has a name and most of the ones who don't.

Technically, she also piloted the Qubeley II, so that makes it a trifecta.

Ms. Marida is truly the best girl in Unicorn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom