• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Gundam Thread of Gunpla, Origins, and 35 Years of GUNDAMUUUU!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enron

Banned
In Pokemon, I named my Charizard "Aznable."
Get it? Eh.. heheh.. eh....

tonystarejeml.gif

Ezalc

Guys I really like Gundam F91

Do I have any allies?

The movie itself? It's alright, it feels rushed since it has that whole was supposed to be a series but unfortunately that didn't happen thing. The gundam itself? I thought it was pretty awesome. The name is just great F91 just sounds badass to me, reminds me of F1 racing and shit. I know it's not all that fast and its' super mode isn't all that amazing but I thought it was pretty cool. I still like the blue and yellow colored one from Crossbone though.

Crossbone is what justifies F91's existence. The F91 Gundam is cool on its own, though.

Also this.

Aizo

Banned
I DO THIS TOO!
In past games I named it "Char," but I didn't think this was overt enough. Moltres of a feather flock together, as they say.

Gundam Seed - 26-27
Recap episodes, mostly. I'm not sure why so much animation was reused...
A new character was introduced, and I really like her design. Hell, I like most of the female character designs in Seed.

I guess I'll just update this post since nobody's posted.
Gundam Seed - 28
Hahahahah. The drama. The love. The faces.

Beth Cyra

MG Gundam X?!?!

Holy crap. May have to come out of my model building hiatus for this one. It's not my beloved XX, but it's close enough. I cannot begin to express my excitement.
This was posted a page ago.

Hoping for more then foil stickers when it comes to the sat panels. They are also continuing the mixed hands, It really sucks that they are keeping the Emotion Hands exclusive to Universal century.

As for Maxi, I totally see Nobell and Shinning making it in, I seriously doubt Maxter makes the cut.

At this point I'm more concerend about Wing Gundam. As it stands all the starter Leads will be in if they do bring Shinning, accept one of the Wing variants.

Though depending on Snow White's reveal and how the Blu Rays do, I could totally see them skipping over Wing TV/EW and including Snow White instead

Ezalc

This was posted a page ago.

Hoping for more then foil stickers when it comes to the sat panels. They are also continuing the mixed hands, It really sucks that they are keeping the Emotion Hands exclusive to Universal century.

As for Maxi, I totally see Nobell and Shinning making it in, I seriously doubt Maxter makes the cut.

At this point I'm more concerend about Wing Gundam. As it stands all the starter Leads will be in if they do bring Shinning, accept one of the Wing variants.

Though depending on Snow White's reveal and how the Blu Rays do, I could totally see them skipping over Wing TV/EW and including Snow White instead

Let me dream! Plus I figure since Sai Saichi somehow made it in then Maxter would probably the only other Shuffle Alliance member that matters to be included. Shining and Nobel wouldn't surprise me at all, but I would still prefer Maxter and maybe even Rising get a spot too because it would be interesting to see them playable.

Beth Cyra

Let me dream! Plus I figure since Sai Saichi somehow made it in then Maxter would probably the only other Shuffle Alliance member that matters to be included. Shining and Nobel wouldn't surprise me at all, but I would still prefer Maxter and maybe even Rising get a spot too because it would be interesting to see them playable.
No thanks to Rising.

People may love Raine, but the Rising Gundam was a totally one note palate swap of Shining. Bolt Gundam for as much as I hate it would be far more welcome then Rising.

That said, Zeta is not as bad as a great number of other shows. Particularly Victory Gundam. Here are the good characters in Victory: Marbet and Junko. Here are the bad characters in Victory: Every other character who has a name and most of the ones who don't.

I'm really surprised you didn't say Karlmann was the best Victory character. Adds so much to the show's quality narrative.

From a writing perspective, what exactly was Karlmann's purpose?

Probably just a cheap shot at trying to establish that war is cruel and war orphans happen.

However, war is not cruel because idiots such as Cronicle are in high positions and a kid who's good at videogames effortlessly pilots a Gundam and has plot armor equivalent of five Jesus Yamatos.

CorvoSol

From a writing perspective, what exactly was Karlmann's purpose?

You know how some authors will kill a fan favorite to spite the fans? And do it in a horrible way?

Well Karlman was that, but for the entire franchise. Tomino wanted to kill Gundam so he could move on to masterpieces like Garzey's Wing, and Karlman was the anti-christ by which he would get the job done.

Beth Cyra

You know how some authors will kill a fan favorite to spite the fans? And do it in a horrible way?

Well Karlman was that, but for the entire franchise. Tomino wanted to kill Gundam so he could move on to masterpieces like Garzey's Wing, and Karlman was the anti-christ by which he would get the job done.
This is the greatest post in this thread.

Ezalc

No thanks to Rising.

People may love Raine, but the Rising Gundam was a totally one note palate swap of Shining. Bolt Gundam for as much as I hate it would be far more welcome then Rising.

What? Rising is nothing like Shining. It has a naginata, a shield and the bow. I think it could play pretty differently. Also ideally I would want all of the Shuffle Alliance playable but Chibodee is my favorite of them.

Beth Cyra

What? Rising is nothing like Shining. It has a naginata, a shield and the bow. I think it could play pretty differently. Also ideally I would want all of the Shuffle Alliance playable but Chibodee is my favorite of them.

Im talking Suit Design and not load out.

Raine is not, and should not be taken seriously enough to be given a spot on the roster. It would almost be as dumb as giving fucking Lacus a combat role in Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3 for god sake.

Ezalc

Im talking Suit Design and not load out.

Raine is not, and should not be taken seriously enough to be given a spot on the roster. It would almost be as dumb as giving fucking Lacus a combat role in Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3 for god sake.

I'm not talking about pilots though, I just want to play as a Gundam with a cool weapon like a naginata.

Beth Cyra

I'm not talking about pilots though, I just want to play as a Gundam with a cool weapon like a naginata.
Even still, I just can't get behind letting such a minor character (when it come to piloting) getting a slot when several Wing/OO/X/SEED cast still are sitting on the sideline.

I'm all up for the Alliance and Nobell, but ugh Rising would just piss me off like Lacus did.

CorvoSol

This is the greatest post in this thread.

*blush*

Nope, this is!

I think that Haro was the best character in Victory because he got things done! He blew bubbles, played movies and made machine gun noises. He even grew larger than the entire planet by Episode 52!

*double blush*

It's like no one watched Ideon. Karlman is the Piper Lou of Victory except Tomino wasn't bitter enough to kill infants on screen anymore.

I WISH HE HAD BEEN

Even still, I just can't get behind letting such a minor character (when it come to piloting) getting a slot when several Wing/OO/X/SEED cast still are sitting on the sideline.

I'm all up for the Alliance and Nobell, but ugh Rising would just piss me off like Lacus did.

No but the Nobel has worst girl Allenby in it, whereas Rising has best girl Rain. THE CHOICE IS CLEAR

Chinner

Banned
wing zero proto has been paid for and should be sent on its way soon. also got RX-78-2 3.0 on the way and i'm still working on god gundam.

im gunpla crazy

It's like no one watched Ideon. Karlman is the Piper Lou of Victory except Tomino wasn't bitter enough to kill infants on screen anymore.

Ideon spoilers
To be fair, the only kid that died on screen were Deck and poor Ashura. Fard got shot but you see him breathing afterwards. Of course EVERYONE died at the end, but you don't see it happen to Lou and Fard die, though it's definitely implied

God Be Invoked was so amazing. Ideon itself was pretty decent, but Be Invoked was fantastic.

I really wish someone would pick up the Ideon license for North America. Maybe Discotek, they're interested in 80s stuff. A barebones sub DVD release would be fine.

Aizo

Banned
I'm looking at the HG Kshatriya myself but my wallet is all like: "Nuh-uh, motherfucker!" and it's depressing.

I see that every time I go to the store, and I want it so bad.... It's the only model that I can think of off the top of my head that I am sure I want. The issue is that it's so large. I don't know how I'm going to transport it without it breaking if I move back to my homeland.

I see that every time I go to the store, and I want it so bad.... It's the only model that I can think of off the top of my head that I am sure I want. The issue is that it's so large. I don't know how I'm going to transport it without it breaking if I move back to my homeland.

There's plenty of models I certainly want. Nu, Sinanju, Exia, Kshatriya, Turn A and a lot of the RGs.
It's just that importing one into Estonia is ridiculously expensive. I think I ended up paying three times what the MG Aile Strike actually cost by the end of it. Like, nearly 100€.

PhiLonius

Forgot about this gem.

There's plenty of models I certainly want. Nu, Sinanju, Exia, Kshatriya, Turn A and a lot of the RGs.
It's just that importing one into Estonia is ridiculously expensive. I think I ended up paying three times what the MG Aile Strike actually cost by the end of it. Like, nearly 100€.

That's no longer engaging in a hobby, but making a life decision lol. Damn.

Aizo

Banned

Holy shit, man.
No promises, but maybe I could help you in the future.

Aizo

Banned
Haha, thanks! This marks the beginning of a long and fruitful partnership.

I guess I can't read tonight. I read "Long and faithful partnership," and I was thinking, "This is gotten instantly weird."

I'll be sending some stuff to a friend in Germany at some point, and I'll probably set up a paypal or something so he can pay me. When I've got all that situated, I may let you known.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom