• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Gundam Thread of Gunpla, Origins, and 35 Years of GUNDAMUUUU!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CorvoSol

I'd recommend looking into swapping Zeta and Zaku heads before committing to buying them. Zetas have a transformable frame and so their heads might not have the same connection as a simple Zaku.

I'm craving some manly. I think I'll have to either start G Gundam or Gao Gai Gar!

Start G Gundam. I love GGG, but start G Gundam. It's the best.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Start G Gundam. I love GGG, but start G Gundam. It's the best.

GGG has got one of the best themes in the world though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_Mokn_hStY

Also this gif is p gud

ZbDlJP7.gif

Enron

Banned
Awesome.
Why is the box sealed?

My place is small. The last thing you want as a 30+ year old man is to have a bunch of toys and shit crowding your living space. Makes you look like even more of a manbaby than you already are. Waiting for a move to a larger place so all this shit can go in the hobby room. I got waaaaaaaay more than just this.

Aizo

Banned
My place is small. The last thing you want as a 30+ year old man is to have a bunch of toys and shit crowding your living space. Makes you look like even more of a manbaby than you already are. Waiting for a move to a larger place so all this shit can go in the hobby room. I got waaaaaaaay more than just this.
Hahaha. Even as a 22 year old dude, I definitely understand that. I'm often surprised that my couple models don't bother women/scare them away.

I look forward to seeing your full collection one day!

Chinner

Banned
well guys, you need to either indefinitely stop your gunpla until you have a girlfriend or wife who can understand your disgusting hobby OR you can leave the gunpla out, accept who you are and if a girl is unable to be with you because of a few models then she probably isn't worth your time anyway.

Aizo

Banned
well guys, you need to either indefinitely stop your gunpla until you have a girlfriend or wife who can understand your disgusting hobby OR you can leave the gunpla out, accept who you are and if a girl is unable to be with you because of a few models then she probably isn't worth your time anyway.

No girls I've dated or gotten with have ever cared. That is also my view, though. If they're so shallow that they are bothered by that kind if thing, you likely wouldn't want to spend time with them. This can be applied to more than that. If they don't accept you for your interests, hobbies, style, etc., then they aren't worth it.

CorvoSol

Well he is at BYU iirc so I think he's right since girls are forbidden from going to guys rooms no?

BYUI, but yeah, that's true. Hadn't really thought on that when I said it though. But true, haha.

This sounds entirely too reasonable. I should stress over all of this instead.

yami4ct

Alright, it's happened guys. I'm officially gotten back into modeling. Once the bug bites you, you can't stay away forever. Even after a year hiatus, I'm super excited to get back in.

Was able to get a pretty good deal on a Nu Gundam Ver. Ka. Really love the design and this kit has a lot of the things that I'm a sucker for. Psychoframe, Funnels and a custom funnel display stand. Couldn't pass it up. Current plan is to not try and do anything fancy. Just want a really consistent paint job to work myself back into air brushing.

My Gundams live in my office at work. I work in a middle school, so the kids think they're cool. I don't want them cluttering up the aesthetic we've got in our house.

And besides, my daughter's toys are enough. The room where they used to live is now her room.

I spent today putting together a 1:100 Astraea kit. That Gundam looks so amazing.

The hip joints are pretty iffy. I had to add some glue into one to stop it springing apart when moved.

I ordered the mg unicorn gundam and the pre order of the gundam x from hlj so I have no idea when they'll arrive. These will be my first 1/100 scale models after doing a couple 1/144 models

Aizo

Banned
SEED Destiny? Why would you do that to yourself? Confused is like the least offensive emotion that show provokes.

Next, I will watch Seed Destiny! .... :(

In case anyone is wondering, I'm watching these right now because I want to be prepared for the new Gundam Musou that comes out in December; its campaigns cover the plots of Seed and Destiny.

You all can just enjoy your schadenfreude.

Aizo

Banned
But you're not watching AGE.

I watched that when it aired. I didn't really rage. I think I was too distracted by the other series I was watching/things in my life to notice how bad it really was. I thought it was bad, but I didn't hate it or regret watching it, really. It's just so rushed, the characters mostly all suck, and the war's development/solution is stupid. All I know is that I like space pirates.

Aizo

Banned
Gundam Seed Destiny - 6-11
I don't usually watch shows this quickly, but I guess I'm just excited to not have more exams for a few days. I could surely spend my time more wisely, though.

What the hell is going on? I'm honestly confused. The character development is bad, the characters are bad, and the events really don't make sense. Also, Shinn is an asshole.

I noticed when putting together the 1:100 Astraea (and looking at reviews beforehand) that it comes with parts to build an Exia instead. Does this mean that they are in fact the same kit (moldings) with different instructions? Does this mean that the reverse is true and I can buy the Tran-Am 1:100 Exia and use it to build a Trans-Am Astraea (using my Astraea instructions or logic)?

I noticed when putting together the 1:100 Astraea (and looking at reviews beforehand) that it comes with parts to build an Exia instead. Does this mean that they are in fact the same kit (moldings) with different instructions? Does this mean that the reverse is true and I can buy the Tran-Am 1:100 Exia and use it to build a Trans-Am Astraea (using my Astraea instructions or logic)?

More than likely the Exia will not have parts for the Astraea, but if you decide to paint it, you can use your existing Astraea parts on it.

Also, Shinn is an asshole.

No he's just really misunderstood. He misses his sister very much. Have you noticed yet how much he misses his sister? I think they sure did a good job making sure that the viewer knows how much he misses his sister. What a perfectly executed likable character, that Shinn.

PhiLonius

I don't usually watch shows this quickly, but I guess I'm just excited to not have more exams for a few days. I could surely spend my time more wisely, though.

What the hell is going on? I'm honestly confused. The character development is bad, the characters are bad, and the events really don't make sense. Also, Shinn is an asshole.

This is a running theme. Get used to it.

Enron

Banned
It's Seed. Not only that, but its WORST SEED. It's Destiny.

It's best that you stop now, none of it makes any sense. Shit happens just for the sake of shit happening.

CorvoSol

No he's just really misunderstood. He misses his sister very much. Have you noticed yet how much he misses his sister? I think they sure did a good job making sure that the viewer knows how much he misses his sister. What a perfectly executed likable character, that Shinn.

I wish Shinn had been executed.

Anyway, can somebody help me out? I want to watch the WHOLE One Year War, so I want to know at what point in Mobile Suit Gundam I need to start the 08th MS Team and War in the Pocket.

Enron

Banned
I wish Shinn had been executed.

Anyway, can somebody help me out? I want to watch the WHOLE One Year War, so I want to know at what point in Mobile Suit Gundam I need to start the 08th MS Team and War in the Pocket.

Just watch them after you finish MSG.

Leezard

But I've already seen all three and want to try seeing them all at once this time around.

War in the Pocket should be right before the end of MSG, somewhere around the time Amuro got the magnet coating on the Gundam, I think they mentioned that there was another model in testing at that time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom