• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Gundam Thread of Gunpla, Origins, and 35 Years of GUNDAMUUUU!

Status
Not open for further replies.
First episode of War in the Pocket starts around the Garma funeral episode. 0080 takes place right before the Battle of Solomon

Gundam Build Fighter 07

It was a swimsuit episode.

Pretty sure Ral is banging the mom. What was up with her asking Reiji what he thought of Kousaka's outfit? So weird lol.

Lots of Gundam X love in this episode. You have a Double X and G Bits piloted by Not-Jamil. You have Mao humming Dreams while painting a fence. For one of the most neglected shows in the franchise, it's getting a lot of attention in this show, which is awesome. It was pretty awesome that Mao can use the Satellite Canon without the moon. That's some OP shit right there.

Obari

Gundam Builders 7

Dat mom.

I wonder if we'll ever get a Burning God Build Gundam. Shit would be so sweet.

There is a Build Shining from the manga I believe.

72.jpg

http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00GM9EC1G/

Gundam Unicorn 7 will be out on blu-ray on June 6 2014. The extras include Episode Ex - "A Hundred Years of Solitude", which is a summary of Universal Century written by Fukui.

Goddammit. I was hoping it would be in April while on vacation in Osaka and Tokyo so I could catch the theatrical screening. Oh well.

edit: 10290yen? Damn. Curious what the domestic version will be priced at.

Gundam Unicorn 7 will be out on blu-ray on June 6 2014. The extras include Episode Ex - "A Hundred Years of Solitude", which is a summary of Universal Century written by Fukui.

Any more details on A Hundred Years of Solitude? Is it basically a new animated feature that will talk about stuff like Zeon Deikun, the OYW and ensuing conflicts?

Could we have new animated footage of the Nu?

Beth Cyra

OH MY GOSH OH MY GOSH OH MY GOSH. BUILD GOD GUNDAM.

Im not sure we will get a Build God. As it stands almost everything has been based on starter suits Wing, Victory, Strike, and now Shinning (that picture) when it comes to the leads.

We've seen DX, but it got trounced in a way worse then Wing, Freedom, and Infinite Justice combined and Nu Gundam will be the star of the Manga that has Build Shinning. Don't get me wrong, I would be all for a Build God, Zero, OO, but I just don't know if it's in the cards.

Gunpla Note: Wing Gundam Proto Zero MG and HGAW Double X arrived today.

I don't know if anyone has noticed, but all of the Promo (including in the damn Manual) has Wing Zero using Wing EW/Zero EW's Dark Green Beams yet the ones in the box are actually those of Wing TV with the lighter green. Really strange to me.

Can't wait to build both, really excited to pose DX next to X with their Sat Cannons deployed and Zero looks to be a posing god.

Aizo

Banned
Gundam MILF Fighters 7

Beach episode!

AotY

Fighting real estate sharks with Gunpla. I wish this was how real world functioned.

This show is far more hype than it has any right to be.

That was amusing. I thought, as soon as the loan shark showed up, "This guy may act like a badass, but we all know that he loves building Gunpla."

Wubby

I found an interesting kit at one of my local used shops (kanteidan) yesterday:

Originally only available if you bought the Softbank Gundam phone (an $800 flip-phone three years ago) Phone wasn't included in the box but everything else was there. A pretty rare kit. Doesn't share any sprues with other 1/100 RX-78 kits. Seems odd they tooled up a kit for such a limited release. No point on releasing it now as a standard MG with 3.0 out.

duckroll

Gundam Unicorn Vol7 Teaser: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9SDl1rXkiM

Official site updated: http://www.gundam-unicorn.net/index.html

The event screenings will start on May 17 2014. The screenings include both Episode 7 as well as Episode Ex. Ep7 is 90mins, Ex is 20mins, so 110min theatrical runtime. There's still no detailed explanation as to what the contents of Episode Ex is, but at this point if they're including it in the event screenings, I sure hope it's all brand new footage.

Yeah, it'd kind of suck if it was just recycled footage. I wonder... If it is new footage, will they bother dubbing it? What if it's a recap of all the conflicts? Would they re-cast all of the old characters for the english?

kitsuneyo

Question. Why is Char loved more than Amuro? To me Amuro is an interestingly flawed hero, whereas Char is kind of a dick whose motives are always shady. Keep in mind I'm only halfway through MSG Zeta.

kitsuneyo

Same reason why people adore Vader more than Obi-wan.

Obi Wan was a bit part though (in the original trilogy, let's ignore the others). Vader was in all three films and he was badass. Amuro is the out-and-out main star of MGS. Just not seeing the appeal of Char, but apparently he's loved enough in Japan to have had his own Gamecube controller and other stuff like that.

The mask?

Maybe you're on to something :)

yami4ct

Question. Why is Char loved more than Amuro? To me Amuro is an interestingly flawed hero, whereas Char is kind of a dick whose motives are always shady. Keep in mind I'm only halfway through MSG Zeta.

Char is an interesting character with a lot of pathos. He's one of the more iconic villains of all time. His story is probably one of the more interesting parts of the UC timeline. That being said, they do screw it all up with a sudden, completely unexplained, character shift in Char's Counterattack. It also doesn't help that Amuro comes off as sort of a whiny brat for a large part of 0079.

Unicorn 7's looking good, but then again looking good was never it's issue anyway. If vol. 7 is mostly one big battle like vol. 4, I'll be OK with that. Overall plot of Unicorn is too simple and, frankly, pretty boring. Doesn't help that Banagher is far less interesting than side characters like Marida. They've built up so much to these final moments, so I'm interested to see how they wrap it all up.

Gundam Unicorn Vol7 Teaser: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9SDl1rXkiM

Official site updated: http://www.gundam-unicorn.net/index.html

The event screenings will start on May 17 2014. The screenings include both Episode 7 as well as Episode Ex. Ep7 is 90mins, Ex is 20mins, so 110min theatrical runtime. There's still no detailed explanation as to what the contents of Episode Ex is, but at this point if they're including it in the event screenings, I sure hope it's all brand new footage.

I am so hype for episode 7 of unicorn. I think this might be my favorite series/part of gundam. If if the animation is kind of wonky the music is awesome which I think really makes the show

kitsuneyo

Char is an interesting character with a lot of pathos. He's one of the more iconic villains of all time. His story is probably one of the more interesting parts of the UC timeline. That being said, they do screw it all up with a sudden, completely unexplained, character shift in Char's Counterattack. It also doesn't help that Amuro comes off as sort of a whiny brat for a large part of 0079.

See I've never even thought of Char as a villain. I'm always wondering what the hell he's up to. I suppose that makes him interesting, but not that likeable. Amuro whines but then steps up to the plate, and he's always a fairly believable human character. Must just be me.

CorvoSol

The decision to make Ral the "father figure" of the show is fucking genius.

Love Ramba Ral. He's so awesome.

Don't like the wings, nor the orange. Meh.

I'm okay with the wings, the orange is whatever, what bugs me are the guns. The Shining and God Gundams had close-combat as their theme. Sekiha Tenkyoken and the vulcans not withstanding. Why would Domon need guns?

Two reasons:

1)Char is the Vader of Gundam, but also sexy.

2) Unlike Amuro, Char doesn't sit on his ass during Zeta. I mean, like Amuro his character is wasted in CCA, but at least Char was active during Zeta.

fertygo

Don't like Char is one thing, but don't understand people liking him is weird. I mean.

- Dude wearing badass mask, and then shade.
- being stereotypical anti-hero that people love, pioneer for that even,
- Have strong "branding" (wearing/using red)
- This one is CCA Spoiler
Want to dropping meteor on earth

I also more Amuro guy though.

They're both my two favorite characters. I think I prefer Char slightly more, but if he's my number one, then Amuro would be my very close number 2.

Char is awesome because he's mysterious and aloof and cool He's stylish, he has great taste in MSes, he has a pretty cool backstory and he has an awesome voice (in the Japanese version, and in the english dubs of 0079 and CCA)

Amuro is awesome because he's flawed. He's a jackass that becomes slightly less jackassish after his character development, but he never stops being a jackass. That's something that isn't easy to pull off and I love that they did. He has odd quirks and is both emotional and at the same time detached and cold. His rise in strength is well portrayed, showing him going from someone who relied way too much on the strength of his machine, to being just too damn good that his machine can't keep up with HIM.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
I kinda prefer Char from MSG. I mean the Hyaku Shiki and Sazabi are his best mechs, but that cape.

Naw man it's all about that 80s look and the big glasses, also sleeveless shirts look awesome on occasion. But more seriously Char as Quattro has so much complexity to him, his internal conflicts about who he wants to be versus who he is supposed to be is pretty sweet.

He's on a side who he should be fighting against, but at the same time the side that he should be fighting with has got completely twisted ideals and the Titans are just even worse.

Char and Amuro are exceptionally human characters. That especially comes to shine in Zeta as Char is reluctantly pushed into politics and Amuro is also forced to go fight a war he does not really want to take part in.

CorvoSol

Naw man it's all about that 80s look and the big glasses, also sleeveless shirts look awesome on occasion. But more seriously Char as Quattro has so much complexity to him, his internal conflicts about who he wants to be versus who he is supposed to be is pretty sweet.

He's on a side who he should be fighting against, but at the same time the side that he should be fighting with has got completely twisted ideals and the Titans are just even worse.

I dunno, I thought MSG Char had that just fine, murdering his friends and all.

I am so hype for episode 7 of unicorn. I think this might be my favorite series/part of gundam. If if the animation is kind of wonky the music is awesome which I think really makes the show
Anyone know where I can get the third OST CD for a price not costing an arm and a leg? I have the first two and must complete my collection.

yami4ct

Great day for Gunpla announcements. MG Sinanju Ka is looking sexy as ever, love that we're getting a Turn X MG finally and RG Exia's lineart seems to do that great design justice. Can't say I'm excited about the Build Fighter MGs, mainly because they aren't very interesting remolds for me, but they look nice for what they are. We also finally got a full reveal of MG X!

Really not sure if I'm digging the way they're doing the satellite panels. Could look better in person. Worst comes to worse, I bet I can paint them silver and give them a super glossy topcoat and they'll look decent enough.

Also, new Gunpla project?

http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/2013/11/gundam-35th-anniversary-new-gunpla.html

What could this be? Whatever it is, I just hope it's not yet another new grade that they can re-release the RX-78 and Strike in. I doubt it, but Bandai could always pull something like that. Maybe it's an initiative to redo the 0079 suits that haven't had a new kit in a while? Who knows. Should be an interesting year.

Wubby

What could this be? Whatever it is, I just hope it's not yet another new grade that they can re-release the RX-78 and Strike in. I doubt it, but Bandai could always pull something like that. Maybe it's an initiative to redo the 0079 suits that haven't had a new kit in a while? Who knows. Should be an interesting year.

Hmm 35th anniversary? Well the number would be perfect to roll out a new 1/35 Jumbo Perfect Grade. With enough detail to put the old perfect grades to shame, and a ~$200+ price tag to match.

duckroll

OMG!!!!!!

Build Fighters stuff:
MG Build Strike Gundam Full Package - Jan, 4410yen
MG Build Gundam Mk-2 - Feb, 5250yen
MG Sengoku Astray Gundam - Feb, 5250yen

HG GM Sniper K9
HG Star Build Strike Gundam Plavsky Wing
HG Kampfer Amazing
HG Qubeley Papillion

Normal stuff:
MG Turn-X - June 2014

RG Exia <-- OMFG

HG Turn-A
HG Wing Zero

AND MOREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! OMG OMG OMG

http://blog.esuteru.com/archives/7419372.html

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE~!

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Do want RG Exia.

oh Exia, why must you have such a great design but be such trash in EXVS?

Gundam The Origin probably. Get ready to buy slightly different OYW kits all over again.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Dom head is literally the worst head in Gundam.

Aizo

Banned
This is a custom model based on the design of a custom unit in Gundam Breaker created by Sei's VA - Mikako Komatsu. She has pretty weird taste! :p

I don't necessarily like it, but I do like that she's passionate about her work enough to get involved with Gunpla!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom