• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Gundam Thread of Gunpla, Origins, and 35 Years of GUNDAMUUUU!

Status
Not open for further replies.

vareon

I bought the HG 1/144 Tallgeese III EW not knowing it's all white.
Good news is it's cheap. Bad news is I have neither the tools nor the skills to paint '_'

vareon

No, it's this one.

ce0w414.jpg

I was originally trying to find Tallgeese 1, but a friend told me to just get the Tallgeese III EW one since you can build Tallgeese 1 out of that. Well he's right! It's just my lack of research that caught me off-guard.

Not that I mind, though. Painting the kit should be fun, I just need to know where to begin.

Dragoshi1

Sweet, my LaGOWE came in the mail, after I get College Finals out of the way, I'm gonna build to my heart's content!

I feel a bit bad for my bro who just got Gundam Breaker and the RG Gundam MK II Titans. There were a LOT of trees in the box when I snuck a peek.

Beth Cyra

No I bought the see-through one.

And the see-through Wing Gundam Zero Custom.

And just now I caved and bought myself the God and Nobel HGFC Gundams.

I have been a very, very weak man this month.
You will be very happy with them.

Far more so then the Specials for the HG EW line. Alot of the colors are just wrong and the quality gap is just gigantic.

CorvoSol

You will be very happy with them.

Far more so then the Specials for the HG EW line. Alot of the colors are just wrong and the quality gap is just gigantic.

The Specials are more whim, really, even though I much prefer the TGIII and WGZC's designs to the God and Nobel.

Chinner

Banned
I've really gone off the wing zero custom design. too much blue, and I dint really like the mg much. I really lie the tv version more, abd the proportions of the proto zero are sexy.

Beth Cyra

I've really gone off the wing zero custom design. too much blue, and I dint really like the mg much. I really lie the tv version more, abd the proportions of the proto zero are sexy.

I still love Zero EW, it is probably the single best Gundam for a static pose, it's opening sequence is still amazing to this day.

However outside of that I really do prefer Wing Gundam Ver Ka, the color scheme is better and the wing's with the longer buster rifle give it alot better look for a weapon of war. I also agree that Proto Zero is amazing. The sharper angles for the TV combined with giving Katoki like proportions make it a truly beautiful lead gundam.

I would love to get the Black Re-Color from Frozen Teardrop of Zero EW as an online release. If it's anything like Lucifer Gundam it will look a lot better then the traditional Zero EW color scheme.

CorvoSol

I actually like the WZC design because it is mostly white and blue. The red on the show version sorta makes the design seem too busy for me. Also I am a sucker for those wings.

I would love to get the Black Re-Color from Frozen Teardrop of Zero EW as an online release.

Haven't really been on the up and up with Frozen Teardrop, as it reads like a bad fanfic, but have they even revealed the mobile suits yet? They were still cloaked last I remember, but I haven't read it in a long time so it may have changed.

I also agree that Proto Zero is amazing. The sharper angles for the TV combined with giving Katoki like proportions make it a truly beautiful lead gundam.

Proto-zero is the reason why I'd like them to animate Glory of Losers.

Beth Cyra

Haven't really been on the up and up with Frozen Teardrop, as it reads like a bad fanfic, but have they even revealed the mobile suits yet? They were still cloaked last I remember, but I haven't read it in a long time so it may have changed.

Proto-zero is the reason why I'd like them to animate Glory of Losers.
More and more elements of Snow White have been shown including the Seven Dwarves.

We've seen Virgo IV its based on the Virgo II. Also seen Epyon White cladhing with Epyon.

The newest chapters are getting better. That said its amazing its even been what it was given Sumizawa's wife and what she has been suffering.

Beth Cyra

Isn't Wu Fei the pilot of the Epyon White?

God I hate Wu Fei.
He is.

Given his histroy with Treize and his Dragon motif it actually was pretty smart to give him the Epyon Evolution.

Sadly I hate WuFei as well, but Epyon White is
/sounds amazing. I need it in Gunpla form regatdless of its pilot.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Trowa was a more likeable character than Wufei and Trowa had zero personality. Let that sink in.

Kai Shiden looks awesome in Zeta. I'm shocked.

EDIT: Only characters I remember liking in Wing were Duo, Treize, Zechs, and Une (before she lost her glasses). This was over a decade ago though.

Wubby

Ok so this and Sazabi and I'm done for the month. I think. I hope? Maybe. Ooooh but those Thunderbolt kits are this month too.

Ken

Ok so this and Sazabi and I'm done for the month. I think. I hope? Maybe. Ooooh but those Thunderbolt kits are this month too.

Go get his Meteor Hopper bike too!

---

Watched some Gundam AGE clips on Youtube out of boredom while knowing nothing about it. Wiki'd some stuff after. Quite a few of the mech designs and animations for the fights looked quite terrible, Kio is annoying, but that Dark Hound vs Legilis R fight was pretty silly but fun. What was the general reception to this show? I don't plan to watch or do anything else with it; just curious if it's overall as bad as I think it is from about 30 minutes of exposure to it.

CorvoSol

---

Watched some Gundam AGE clips on Youtube out of boredom while knowing nothing about it. Wiki'd some stuff after. Quite a few of the mech designs and animations for the fights looked quite terrible, Kio is annoying, but that Dark Hound vs Legilis R fight was pretty silly but fun. What was the general reception to this show? I don't plan to watch or do anything else with it; just curious if it's overall as bad as I think it is from about 30 minutes of exposure to it.

Some of AGE's action sequences were good, I felt. It's designs are absolutely the worst designs in the entire series. The only series that even comes near as bad is Victory. Asuno and Kio each get one brief hope spot they'll be okay but it never happens. Flit is Hitler from day 1.

Beth Cyra

---

It was the least viewed serirs in Gundam of all time. It actually performed worse then X overall and even the Gunpla and other Mech had a hard time moving.

So yeah, to the majority AGE was a total failure.

Edit

Just saw the pics. They really did combine Wing TV, EW, Zero, and OO Raiser into one Gundam.

The moment he combines with the Raiser and does Rolling Buster Rifle is going to be fucking crazy.

Haha just saw the "complete" version. You can offically add Strike Freedom to the list. They really just said fuck it and threw all the popular leads in the west at a wall and gave it to him.

klausbert

Just finished watching the original Gundam series. I got a little teary eyed at the end, but..... A man must never, must never show his tears. He simply looks to tomorrow, to tomorrow for eternity!

CorvoSol

Just finished watching the original Gundam series. I got a little teary eyed at the end, but..... A man must never, must never show his tears. He simply looks to tomorrow, to tomorrow for eternity!

Unless that man's name is Domon Kasshu or Master Asia. Then he isn't crying. He's firing energy balls of pure sorrow from his tear ducts.

My Wing Gundam Zero Custom Special (what a mouthful) is in today! So I can expect to not see it until April because it probably will not arrive between now and New Years, but I can hope. TallGeese III Special and God Gundam HGFC are the others I can expect to maybe see this year. Nobel HGFC I won't see until April because it doesn't restock till February and I'll not be home at that time.

Have you watched Zeta? I bet you'll love the hell out of episode 14, just as I did.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.

iLTE9yDk80oLG.gif

klausbert

Have you watched Zeta? I bet you'll love the hell out of episode 14, just as I did.

I watched so many Gundam series and movies, i watched Zeta, Double Zeta, G Gundam, 00, Victory Gundam, Turn A Gundam, CCA, F91, X, 0080, 0083, but there's nothing better for me than the original. It's the series I needed to watch as a child, but i didn't get to it until now (i have watched the 3 movies though). I just hope the end to Unicorn will be satisfying and that they release origins sooner than later.

Hnnnnggg this looks so good, I need it in me

I can't bring myself to like 00 mech designs no matter how hard I try. The legs are too thin. The skirt and crotch armor just bug the hell out of me-not to mention the head designs. It didn't get any better with Double 00 Raiser or Quanta either.

CorvoSol

I can't bring myself to like 00 mech designs no matter how hard I try. The legs are too thin. The skirt and crotch armor just bug the hell out of me-not to mention the head designs. It didn't get any better with Double 00 Raiser or Quanta either.

I actually really liked 00's 1st season designs. The Exia, Dynames and Tieren were pretty cool. The Exia's rounded head is unique and stuck out to me, and the Dynames sniper mode is probably my favorite feature in the show.

2nd season on I don't like as much. The 00, Quant and Seravee are the only ones I like, and the mook suits all sort of become generic. They still were by no means bad, though.

Bad is AGE and Victory. God those mecha designs are awful. I mean, Victory is all bug eyed helicopters with wheels and AGE is cheap, paraguay fat dragon gundams.

Beth Cyra

I'm with ya on this. I really can't understand how Exia became so damn popular. To me it's hideous, easily one of the worst starter Gundam's and probably the worst aside from AGE 1 and Turn A to me.

Beth Cyra

But the Turn A is awesome.

To each their own man. I've hated Turn A from day one and I still do to this day. Having built the MG made me like it a little more simply because the MG is a unique build, but as far as design goes I find it to be garbage. Add in how broken it is and it just clenches my dislike of the suit.

Same goes for V2 Assualt Buster.

2nd season on I don't like as much. The 00, Quant and Seravee are the only ones I like, and the mook suits all sort of become generic. They still were by no means bad, though.

I think the only 2 designs I like in the whole 00 series are 0 Gundam A.C.D. because its basically a RX-78 rip off with a solar furnace, and Susanowo because its Susanowo.

Bad is AGE and Victory. God those mecha designs are awful. I mean, Victory is all bug eyed helicopters with wheels and AGE is cheap, paraguay fat dragon gundams.

The Victory Gundam is quite possibly one of the worst looking Gundams ever, and it never got better even with V2. Also, I don't think the Zanscare Empire had one decent looking suit through out the entire series. Especially that Gottrlatan thing. Shit was bug-eyed and hideous.

I never saw all of AGE past the first season (and with good fucking reason), but what I saw of the kits coming out plus the season I saw it all looked like shit.

It's also my understanding that AGE kits sell like shit, and that puts a big ole smile on my face.

To each their own man. I've hated Turn A from day one and I still do to this day.

I hate the way Turn A looks as well. I never liked the mustache on its face thing. Turn X looks way more bad ass in comparison.

I'm with ya on this. I really can't understand how Exia became so damn popular. To me it's hideous, easily one of the worst starter Gundam's and probably the worst aside from AGE 1 and Turn A to me.

I don't get how people hate on Exia or 00 personally, its a matter of taste.

I don't get how people hate on Exia or 00 personally, its a matter of taste.

You just answered your own question-it really is a matter of taste. To me the 00 Gundams were a poorly executed (in my opinion) departure from normal Gundam Aesthetics-like slotted mouths etc.

For an AU timeline that was going full bore into "super robot anime" it was the correct decision. The way they did it, however, just didn't jive with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom