• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Gundam Thread of Gunpla, Origins, and 35 Years of GUNDAMUUUU!

Status
Not open for further replies.
distantmantra said:
There's a picture of a new Gundam being added to Extreme Versus... it's apparently from the stuck-in-developmental-hell Gundam SEED movie...
Holy crap... it looks like an abortion of everything bad Okawara has made compiled into a Gundam. Supposedly it's called Turn Omega. :lol

Please, don't put it in GvE.

61QseSHVOVL._500_.jpg

duckroll said:
Awesome cover. So 5 hours until they reannounce the SEED movie? Hopefully it doesn't happen and we're spared the pain.
If that secret Gundam in GvE is any indication of the movie, please... let it die in a fire with that one Gundam otaku's house.

hteng

Banned
wait what ? there's a seed movie?

anyway, while i despise the SEED universe, i find that the Astray storyline to be all right.

Blader

hteng said:
wait what ? there's a seed movie?

SEED movie was announced a long time ago, but has been on hold for years because Fukuda's wife (also the head writer for SEED) has been battling cancer.

Blader

Apparently those thousands of metal things flying in the beginning are
the "aliens." Called ELS, short for Extraterrestrial Livingmetal Shapeshifter.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Blader5489 said:

Sounds really dumb. Really, really stupid. Good going, Sunrise.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Blader5489 said:

OH MY GOD BEST GUNDAM EVER.

MechaX

Yeah, this movie looks like it'll be infinitely stupider than 00 Season 2 by far.

And I'll most likely watch it anyway.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
UNICORN LALALALALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU LALALALALALALA

sega4ever

Blader5489 said:
SEED movie was announced a long time ago, but has been on hold for years because Fukuda's wife (also the head writer for SEED) has been battling cancer.

how about because the writing on the seed series sucked?

Jexhius said:
It really couldn't anything more like EXPLOSIONS and LAZERS the movie.

Also they expect us to care about their characters? Pffffft.

Yeah, that just sounds bad.

Kagari said:
Sounds really dumb. Really, really stupid. Good going, Sunrise.

Alucrid said:
What have they done to my Gundams?

BattleMonkey said:
Aliens in my Gundam?

in the gundam 00 universe, the innovators are there for dialogues when humans encounter alien life. since an innovator appeared, that must mean the time for alien contact was soon. how is it dumb?

Dead

well not really...yet
sega4ever said:
how about because the writing on the seed series sucked?

in the gundam 00 universe, the innovators are there for dialogues when humans encounter alien life. since an innovator appeared, that must mean the time for alien contact was soon. how is it dumb?
The writing in 00 was worse than Seed 1. Didn't stop it from getting a movie.

thetechkid

Not really, the majority of it was pretty good. There were crazy 'WTF IS LOGIC' characters but besides that and the end of season 1, it was good. The whole trying to unite the world against a common enemy thing(from what I remember) was a good idea. They did seem introduce the stuff with the middle east and abandon it but that didn't make the story bad.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
The trailer looks good to me. Also, the wait between Unicorn episodes is too damn long. lol

Jex

sega4ever said:
I think it's fair to say that the whole Innovator story-arc was incredibly stupid.

I would totally be cool with everyone pretending it never happened.

Anyway, the real question is : "Will Setsuna ever hold that flower close again?" I mean, it appears in all the openings and stuff so it must be pretty important for the story.

duckroll

Blader5489 said:

Is this really true? I know she's been sick for a while and has been in and out of hospital, but I've never seen it mentioned that it was cancer. :((((

I hope she's okay!

xero273

duckroll said:
Is this really true? I know she's been sick for a while and has been in and out of hospital, but I've never seen it mentioned that it was cancer. :((((

I hope she's okay!

Only thing I see mention her getting cancer is on wiki.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobile_Suit_Gundam_SEED

In the March 2008 issue of Animage magazine, Chiaki Morosawa explained that a plot outline had been created but, she had fallen ill due to cancer and required continuous treatment. The project has been placed on indefinite hiatus, with Morosawa asking that fans please continue to wait.

I guess that's where ppl are assuming she has cancer. don't know if true though...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom