• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Gundam Thread of Gunpla, Origins, and 35 Years of GUNDAMUUUU!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enron

Banned
I've ruined gunpla forever for Chinner. From now on, he'll look over every piece with a critical eye and never be satisfied!

CorvoSol

Man, even my HG 00 had a separate piece for the chin. I don't think I could ever be satisfied with a HG again though, having built a RG and MG after that one.

Aside from the HG Kshatriya, that one looks rad.

I am fairly sure the wgzcs is an older set, hence the goatee sticker. In honesty, i prefer the white goatee anyway.

Beth Cyra

I am fairly sure the wgzcs is an older set, hence the goatee sticker. In honesty, i prefer the white goatee anyway.

Yeah, with Zero and the other Wing EW HG's it makes sense. They are from 2000 and HG Tech at the time wasn't as good as it is now.

DX having a forehead stick though was unfucking real though. Kit just launched, and it's forehead jewel is a god damn sticker. Even Wing who's Jewel is even smaller had a separate piece.

Enron

Banned
Yeah, with Zero and the other Wing EW HG's it makes sense. They are from 2000 and HG Tech at the time wasn't as good as it is now.

DX having a forehead stick though was unfucking real though. Kit just launched, and it's forehead jewel is a god damn sticker. Even Wing who's Jewel is even smaller had a separate piece.

2000? Try 1997. At least if we are talking about the 1/100 EW HGs. That's when I got my HA Custom. Bandai is still cranking out these exact same kits 16 years later, same boxart and everything. Bleh.

Beth Cyra

2000? Try 1997. At least if we are talking about the 1/100 EW HGs. That's when I got my HA Custom. Bandai is still cranking out these exact same kits 16 years later, same boxart and everything. Bleh.
Nah. The High Grade Action Fighter 1/144 EW line. It was exclusive to EW.

That said I was wrong on the date, they are from 98.

They do that for pretty much any kits that sell. The Wing kits actually got additions when they added figures to reprints of the TV line which was crazy.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
My Red Frame is finished. MG wasn't that hard compared to HG to be honest and it looks way better.
Doubt I'll be making more gunplas anytime soon, since I don't have any more desk space at work and have nowhere to put them at home.
Oh well, it was fun while it lasted.
zk8bnx0.jpg

It's funny. Frau, Mirai, Matilda and even Miharu are featured in the cutscenes, but the only time Sayla is ever shown is a single shot of everyone saluting after Matilda's death.

You would be the only person in the entire world to hold that opinion.

They would have to rewrite Origin then. Which would kind of suck, real hard, if they did.

I wonder why it's viewed as sacrilege to replace Sayla's voice actress, but they have had no qualms about replacing Bright's.

And they replaced a crap load of voice actors for A New Translation

CorvoSol

You would be the only person in the entire world to hold that opinion.

I honestly waver back and forth. I like Sayla, but I think Amuro would've been a much better character if he'd hooked up with Frau Bow, because then he'd have a girlfriend unafraid of kicking his ass, unlike Beltachika, who was a sycophant.

On the down side I think the only possible way Katz could've turned out worse was if someone like Amuro had been charged with his upbringing. Amuro's not bad, but him raising kids is hard to picture.

Reknoc

Finally got around to preordering EXVS Full Boost shit we ripped from the original + some new stuff we wanted to charge you extra for Sound Edition. Just 27 more days (and like, 2 weeks for delivery) get hype.

also probably going to order the vita version of breaker despite owning the PS3 version already ._.

Aytrial

Hi ho Gundam GAF!

Started watching Build Fighters recently and it's reignited my passion for Gunpla. I've just wrapped up building my HG Build Strike and I really enjoyed the build. Didn't apply of the stickers as I plan on painting it later on.

I have my eyes set on the three HG Astrays, but I do have hesitations about picking the Red Frame. Now, I already have the original HG Red Frame, but my understanding is that the Flight Unit Ver. has been updated with parts from the Sengoku Astray? Just need to justify basically repurchasing a kit I've already build previously.

Wubby

Didn't apply of the stickers as I plan on painting it later on.

I say this to myself all the time. I think my new years resolution should be to paint more kits.

I have my eyes set on the three HG Astrays, but I do have hesitations about picking the Red Frame. Now, I already have the original HG Red Frame, but my understanding is that the Flight Unit Ver. has been updated with parts from the Sengoku Astray? Just need to justify basically repurchasing a kit I've already build previously.

I have Red frame Flight Unit in my stash (had to get one to go with a Caletvwlch I got). Bu no idea about the original. One good way to find out such info is to go have a look at 1999, they have the manuals and other pictures such as parts trees online:

Flight unit:
http://www.1999.co.jp/image/10228102z7/70/7
Original red flame:
http://www.1999.co.jp/image/10034307z4/70/4

Looking at the trees alone I'd say they are pretty different kits.
Also: http://gundamguy.blogspot.jp/2013/04/hg-1144-gundam-astray-red-frame-flight.html

I built a Z'Gok today.

I don't think I ever saw the stickers in the box....
My Z'Gok is blind!!

Time to break out those Gundam Markers!

Also I lied about not buying any more Gunpla in December after picking up Sazabi. I forgot about two kits I pre-ordered on premium Bandai.

So over xmas i started to watch GBF and i have to say i am enjoying the heck out of it .
Could be the best gundam TV series i have seen in years and it really brings out my fan boy and kid side .

Ezalc

Started watching Zeta again. On episode like 21 now. I enjoy seeing the interaction between Amuro and Kamille. As well as Amuro and 4Vagina now that they are no longer enemies.

So I've finished the original Gundam along with Zeta, Seed, and 00.
I'm halfway through both Wing and G right now and am up to date with Build Fighters.
Can anyone recommend me another Gundam to start after I finish Wing or G?

These DVDs glow with an awesome POWER!!!

A couple of years ago, I bought the first half of my favorite series at an anime convention (Haven't opened it since). Since then, I had trouble getting the second half due to its rising price.

But a week ago, I found and ordered the second half on Amazon at a significant price drop (used, of course, but there were also some new-labeled copies as well).

Now I have the whole thing.

1272393_o.gif

So take this.
My love!
My anger!
And ALL OF MY NOSTALGIA!!!

They really need to hurry up and bring this to the states and, god forbid, Gundam vs Extreme Full boost :(

Hurry up? The game is like three weeks old. Patience.

I bet Shin Gundam Musou comes over in a digital-only release with altered music, cause you know, Dynasty Warriors and all that shit.

Full Boost? Hope you like importing, cause it's your only option, duder.

Reknoc

Last 3 DW: Gundam games had a dub so I would be surprised if this one didn't, so probably wont be in the digital only ghetto (for the US at least, I'd be getting it physical either way lol)

Ezalc

These DVDs burn with an awesome POWER!!!

A couple of years ago, I bought the first half of my favorite series at an anime convention (Haven't opened it since). Since then, I had trouble getting the second half due to its rising price.

But a week ago, I found and ordered the second half on Amazon at a significant price drop (used, of course, but there were also some new-labeled copies as well).

Now I have the whole thing.

1272393_o.gif

So take this.
My love!
My anger!
And ALL OF MY NOSTALGIA!!!

Yes. So good. So jelly too I don't have these :(.

Jube3

I took a break from gunpla a few months ago but I had the urge to finally tackle the MG Delta plus kit that has been sitting in my backlog. Its a WIP with a bit to go, I have to clean up a few nasty nub marks that I missed, paint a few more detail spots on the leg and gun as well as clean up a few areas here and there. Oh and then waterslides + panel line.

WIP: I went with a gun metal + gold theme on the MG Delta Plus. Any feedback/suggestions would be appreciated.
11748456074_e7b41eefd9.jpg

Aizo

Banned
It looks far better than anything I will do in my lifetime, so I don't have any suggestions.
Great work.

CorvoSol

Shin Gundam Musou still acknowledges ZZ in the storyline after New Translation.

How do they get around the
part where Bright has to take on Judau and crew because he needs pilots and Kamille is out of his mind
? Do they just go with "Judau's little sister got kidnapped so onto the Argama he and his friends will go"?

Chinner

Banned
not happy with the colour of some paint. whats the best way to strip the paint off? i assume you use thinner, do you just use a rag rub it off?

How do they get around the
part where Bright has to take on Judau and crew because he needs pilots and Kamille is out of his mind
? Do they just go with "Judau's little sister got kidnapped so onto the Argama he and his friends will go"?

You don't play the ZZ storyline. After cometing Zeta and then starting CCA, you get a super crazy summary of ZZ which is basically "Judau and the AEUG fight Haman and Neo Zeon." That's it. When I get to Unicorn, I'll let you know how they address the whole Puru thing, if they do at all.

I figure SRWZ3 will do something similar.

CorvoSol

You don't play the ZZ storyline. After cometing Zeta and then starting CCA, you get a super crazy summary of ZZ which is basically "Judau and the AEUG fight Haman and Neo Zeon." That's it. When I get to Unicorn, I'll let you know how they address the whole Puru thing, if they do at all.

I figure SRWZ3 will do something similar.

Why would they skip ZZ's entire storyline for the second rate mess that is CCA? Laaame. Especially cuz ZZ has some fun fights, like ZZ vs Puru 2 as the colony is falling on the isles.

Why would they skip ZZ's entire storyline for the second rate mess that is CCA? Laaame. Especially cuz ZZ has some fun fights, like ZZ vs Puru 2 as the colony is falling on the isles.

Because CCA is Amuro and Char, it wraps everything up. ZZ isn't as well thought of by the average Japanese person familiar with Gundam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom