• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Gundam Thread of Gunpla, Origins, and 35 Years of GUNDAMUUUU!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a real shame. The torrington assault was one of my favorite battles in Unicorn. They even showed a FZ-Zaku II Kai during the battle :(

It's weird. Loni shows up in a couple cutscenes, but the battle with the Shamblo occurs completely offscreen. The Unicorn segment ends with a battle against Banshee in the sky around the Garuda. I really really hope we get a second Unicorn game to wrap up the second half of the series...

CorvoSol

It's weird. Loni shows up in a couple cutscenes, but the battle with the Shamblo occurs completely offscreen. The Unicorn segment ends with a battle against Banshee in the sky around the Garuda. I really really hope we get a second Unicorn game to wrap up the second half of the series...

They don't even bother to wrap up Unicorn? Isn't there a novel they could've used to guide them?

They don't even bother to wrap up Unicorn? Isn't there a novel they could've used to guide them?

The UC game ends after episode three. Shin Gundam goes through five. They're basing it on the anime, which has diverted from the novels. Also, this way they can make more games with more new stuff. Cause you know, money.

I think he means the Unicorn (UC) game by FROM.

Target in Sight was the worst fiver I ever spent.

Ahhh ok. I just saw "UC game" and my mind immediately thought of Crossfire. How desperate I was to want it to be a good game, and yet reality woke me to the cruel harsh mistress of truth-I'm destined to never have the gritty realism of the 08th MS team in game form :(

Do people still play the Gundam Unicorn PS3 game online, if it even has an online mode?

I know Ex VS is way more popular and Full Boost will be the hottest girl in town for a long time but Unicorn's space battles look a bit more fun to me personally. Plus there's a sick limited edition for only half the price of Full Boost.

Asking because a friend is considering ordering Monster Hunter from Nippon Yasan and I'm thinking about joining him.

Reknoc

Do people still play the Gundam Unicorn PS3 game online, if it even has an online mode?

I know Ex VS is way more popular and Full Boost will be the hottest girl in town for a long time but Unicorn's space battles look a bit more fun to me personally.

Asking because a friend is considering ordering Monster Hunter from Nippon Yasan and I'm thinking about joining him.

It only has a single player mode afaik. If you want online Gundam then yea, you'd want EXVS (its amazing) or if you're more into the MonHun type of thing Breaker (its pretty good).

It only has a single player mode afaik. If you want online Gundam then yea, you'd want EXVS (its amazing) or if you're more into the MonHun type of thing Breaker (its pretty good).

Damn it now I gotta decide between Breaker, Unicorn and Full Boost.

I've played a bunch of that PSP Gundam vs Gundam game despite not liking it too much. It's just kind of confusing but pretty for a PSP game. I think that's kind of soured me on Ex VS because it looks like something you're really going to have to dedicate yourself to to have any fun with it.

Not sure about my feelings on Breaker. Gameplay doesn't look too great and it appears very japanese-heavy on a first look. I do like the idea of building your own Gundam but in the end I'm still going to want to pilot just regular-ass Zeta, Nu, Unicorn, Sinanju or Exia.

Sucks that Unicorn doesn't have any multiplayer, not even local it seems like. But the stuff looks hot and you get a Delta download code I think. Single player campaign seems fun and pretty understandable with minimal japanese and having seen the movies.

At least I find Musou games awful and boring so that one's out of the picture.

Reknoc

Damn it now I gotta decide between Breaker, Unicorn and Full Boost.

I've played a bunch of that PSP Gundam vs Gundam game despite not liking it too much. It's just kind of confusing but pretty for a PSP game. I think that's kind of soured me on Ex VS because it looks like something you're really going to have to dedicate yourself to to have any fun with it.

Not sure about my feelings on Breaker. Gameplay doesn't look too great and it appears very japanese-heavy on a first look. I do like the idea of building your own Gundam but in the end I'm still going to want to pilot just regular-ass Zeta, Nu, Unicorn, Sinanju or Exia.

Sucks that Unicorn doesn't have any multiplayer, not even local it seems like. But the stuff looks hot and you get a Delta download code I think. Single player campaign seems fun and pretty understandable with minimal japanese and having seen the movies.

At least I find Musou games awful and boring so that one's out of the picture.

I've not had any problems with Breaker's language barrier, all you really need to know are the stats. It's also surprisingly fun, I was expecting it to be rather clunky like... well most gundam action games that aren't musou but it's actually pretty smooth.

You can certainly try and play as a full suit, though I don't know how viable that would actually be.

Really want to put more time in it, but kinda regret getting the PS3 version :(

Uuugh international shipping so slow I probably won't even see my copy of Breaker until next month.

Got mine next day lol

luckily there was a prime seller on amazon uk that had it.

Isn't there a new version of Extreme vs that's coming out that is going to be even better than Full Boost?

That's the one that'll be in the arcades when Full Boost is out for consoles. I think I read something about arcades having a deal with Bandai so that they always have a newer version of Ex VS than the home consoles.

Isn't there a new version of Extreme vs that's coming out that is going to be even better than Full Boost?

If that's the attitude you have, you'll never own a console version.

Bandai Namco makes a ton of cash off the arcade versions, hence the two year window between arcade and home release.

Quick questions about Shin Gundam Mousou.

Is Gundam 00 Qan in it? Also how is controlling Mobile Armors and the M.E.T.E.O.R./extra arms systems?

I paid like 60 bucks for Breaker. Not normally what I call dirt cheap.

I've seen copies of the PS3 version for $20. I also buy everything day one, so $60 is cheap compared to what I paid. ;)

Quick questions about Shin Gundam Mousou.

Is Gundam 00 Qan in it? Also how is controlling Mobile Armors and the M.E.T.E.O.R./extra arms systems?

Qan[T] is going to be DLC. I haven't played as any of the mobile armors yet.

Beth Cyra

I've seen copies of the PS3 version for $20. I also buy everything day one, so $60 is cheap compared to what I paid. ;)

Qan[T] is going to be DLC. I haven't played as any of the mobile armors yet.

Do we have a confirmed list of DLC suits? I know Zero EW released on X Mas, but that is all I knew about.

Jubern

Is Shin Gundam Musou the first time Ken Narita plays a non-Unicorn Bright? I liked him in Unicorn but I have to say it's a bit weird :(

So if I was thinking of importing one Vita game, should I go with Breaker or Shin Gundam Musou?

I'm assuming Vita is region free with carts and I don't need a JPN account as long as I don't want DLC

Edit: also I don't know a lick of Japanese. Don't know if that makes a difference.

muu

Just got to watching GBF. Haven't done much anime-watching recently, but man... this is what Angelic Layer probably wishes it could have even been 1/10 as good as.

I don't have the time due to being overwhelmed in life, but I have a PG Strike & Sky Grasper that I moved with across 3 states and have been waiting for me to build... someday I'll get to it.

Jubern

So if I was thinking of importing one Vita game, should I go with Breaker or Shin Gundam Musou?

I'm assuming Vita is region free with carts and I don't need a JPN account as long as I don't want DLC

Edit: also I don't know a lick of Japanese. Don't know if that makes a difference.

I'd go with Shin Musou, unless you really do farming and building stuff. Well, Musou has grinding too I guess...

Just saw those motherfuckers are going to release Unicorn's final episode with the FA Unicorn DLC unit... EXVS is one thing (and bad enough) but I'm not paying 500 yen for a freaking Musou character.

CorvoSol

Man, every time I'm in this thread I wanna buy a new model. Haven't had one in like 10 years.

Don't watch GBF, then. I bought 4 Gunpla during Black Friday because of that thread.

I'm glad Breaker is coming, because then I can kinda tinker with building custom models that would otherwise cost me real money to do.

Ken

Yay, that was fun. Apologies for the picture as I forgot how to use my camera.

ib1dGAiO9xl3uH.jpg

Reknoc

Really depends on what sort of game you want. Also maybe worth considering that Musou is getting a western release at some point even if it is just on the PS3.

MechaX

Man, the SEED Destiny remasters are like a train wreck that I can't take my eyes from.

Like, I never actually watched a lot of the late-season episodes before now, but jeez, man. Athrun needs to work on his sales pitch to Shinn a little bit more. I think "Durandal is fucking crazy and tried to get me killed for literally no reason, plus he bulldozed through this neutral country for one guy that he wasn't exactly sure was there, he's just as nutty as all these other military dudes" would have won Shinn over a little bit more than "HE'S KILLING THE FUTURE."

CorvoSol

Man, the SEED Destiny remasters are like a train wreck that I can't take my eyes from.

Like, I never actually watched a lot of the late-season episodes before now, but jeez, man. Athrun needs to work on his sales pitch to Shinn a little bit more. I think "Durandal is fucking crazy and tried to get me killed for literally no reason, plus he bulldozed through this neutral country for one guy that he wasn't exactly sure was there, he's just as nutty as all these other military dudes" would have won Shinn over a little bit more than "HE'S KILLING THE FUTURE."

I dunno, I mean this is Shinn "Hey Athrun let me tell you about how I just came in my pants after killing your best friend" Asuka.

Bombless

Yeah, that was excessively bad form on Shinn's part. Like, some flat out sociopathic behavior.

I'm pretty sure Shinn had a copy of the Oreimo 1 & 2 dvds hidden in his room somewhere. He'd watch a few episodes then cry himself to sleep while listening to his sister's message box.

CorvoSol

Yeah, that was excessively bad form on Shinn's part. Like, some flat out sociopathic behavior.

What did Shinn Asuka do that wasn't sociopathic again?

I mean "Hey Athrun I
failed to kill your bro
JIZZ JIZZ JIZZ".

"Hey Luna, I
failed to kill your sister
JIZZ JIZZ JIZZ."

"Hey Cagalli your dad is the one to blame for all the people who died. Nevermind that more people would be dead if he hadn't done what he did. That's right, accept my logic as flawless. JIZZ JIZZ JIZZ."

"You're right, Rei, I should definitely believe that our boss isn't unhinged. JIZZ JIZZ JIZZ."

"So my girlfriend totally just
went on a rampage leveling Eastern Europe
but I'm gonna hate the guy who
put her out of her misery instead of her.
"

"Hey this boat is full of people who have loved ones whose lives will be ruined if I kill them! Just like how my life was ruined by war! RIP RIP RIP RIP."

Shinn Asuka is a sociopath. He's like if Kamille Bidan didn't grow the fuck up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom