• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Gundam Thread of Gunpla, Origins, and 35 Years of GUNDAMUUUU!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CorvoSol

But Loran is the best.

Girls aren't allowed to be the best character.

You're all wrong....

It's obviously Judau.

Oh man a choice between Domon and Judau is no easy choice for me to make. Do I pick the best Gundam Protagonist not from UC or the best Gundam Protagonist from UC?

Setsuna was Gundam

Why do you hate Gundam?

Why are you even in this thread???

I hate Setsuna, but he's better than Shit Asuka.

And I hate Shinn, but he's better than Hikaru Ichijo.

Also Flit "Space Hitler" Asuno is possibly the best villain in the series after Lacus Clyne.

Ezalc

He said Heero was more even headed, and this is a simple fact that he is much more so then Domon. Despite some of the decisions all of them were made out of logic, including the suicide attempts.

If you want hot blooded screams then sure, Domon maybe your boy. However he can neither claim to be the most powerful (Judau literally can power the High Mega Canon with his mind) or the most down to earth.

Eh I never said Domon was the most powerful nor the most level headed. To me their monotone emotionless selves don't equal level headedness. It just bores me and makes me really dislike the character.

EDIT: Just saw the new Gundam Build Fighters Episode. Dat Fuunsaiki and Gundam Maxter. Awesome. Also Ral is only 35? I thought he'd be into his 40s already, I also don't understand Korea's reaction when she heard his age.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Eh I never said Domon was the most powerful nor the most level headed. To me their monotone emotionless selves don't equal level headedness. It just bores me and makes me really dislike the character.

EDIT: Just saw the new Gundam Build Fighters Episode. Dat Fuunsaiki and Gundam Maxter. Awesome. Also Ral is only 35? I thought he'd be into his 40s already, I also don't understand Korea's reaction when she heard his age.

He's lying (well technically he's 35, since it's been 35 years since MSG first aired.)

CorvoSol

I dunno that I'd call Heero level-headed since he was suicidal, but I also don't think he was as monotone as all that. For me the emotionless, monotone one was Trowa. Heero could be pretty sarcastic, especially when he was with Duo.

He's lying (well technically he's 35, since it's been 35 years since MSG first aired.)

All I know is I laughed really hard at that scene.

Has there been a Wing Fenice model with the laser cape yet? Or a Star Build Strike with those cool yellow star things? Cuz when those models come out, my wallet will weep.

EDIT: Gundam wiki actually lists UC Ramba Ral as being 35, too.

muteki

Say what you will of Uso's merit as a MC, he had some serious piloting skills for a kid.

All those creative ways he made use of the transformations and separate top/core/bottom sections...

CorvoSol

Say what you will of Uso's merit as a MC, he had some serious piloting skills for a kid.

All those creative ways he made use of the transformations and separate top/core/bottom sections...

Yeah but what teenager in the Gundam universe not named Katz isn't an outstanding pilot? The entire human race is Anakin Skywalker in podracers.

muteki

Yeah but what teenager in the Gundam universe not named Katz isn't an outstanding pilot? The entire human race is Anakin Skywalker in podracers.

L86FJ6A.jpg

Beth Cyra

I dunno that I'd call Heero level-headed since he was suicidal, but I also don't think he was as monotone as all that. For me the emotionless, monotone one was Trowa. Heero could be pretty sarcastic, especially when he was with Duo.

All I know is I laughed really hard at that scene.

Has there been a Wing Fenice model with the laser cape yet? Or a Star Build Strike with those cool yellow star things? Cuz when those models come out, my wallet will weep.

EDIT: Gundam wiki actually lists UC Ramba Ral as being 35, too.
The current HGBF already has his beam shield/cape.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Oh man oh man oh man.

As a pilot? It's hard to tell, since the Unicorn is so rad, but I dunno. I mean, Marida is
a mass produced super soldier new type
armed with a super rad mech, and Banagher beats her in his first go around.

That's true. Though every other time he's kind of whiffed it.

Rajack

I don't get it. It's not like Kou was a bad pilot. Dude did fly around in that proto-Meteor thing.

He was a terrible pilot who happened upon one of the most badass Gundams in the UC timeline. Kou couldn't hit the broad side of a barn even if he wanted to. He literally wasted just about all of the Dendrobium Orchis unit's ammunition on his infamous spray and pray tactics.

CorvoSol

He was a terrible pilot who happened upon one of the most badass Gundams in the UC timeline. Kou couldn't hit the broad side of a barn even if he wanted to. He literally wasted just about all of the Dendrobium Orchis unit's ammunition on his infamous spray and pray tactics.

He fights Anavel Gato and doesn't die, though.

PhiLonius

Oh man a choice between Domon and Judau is no easy choice for me to make. Do I pick the best Gundam Protagonist not from UC or the best Gundam Protagonist from UC?.

See, I knew someone was capable of seeing the tr

Also Flit "Space Hitler" Asuno is possibly the best villain in the series after Lacus Clyne.

Nvm.

I don't get it. It's not like Kou was a bad pilot. Dude did fly around in that proto-Meteor thing.

Any involvement with Nina Purpleton would drag the greatest of characters down.

This guy shits on Domon and then says Setsuna and Heero are the best protags? I'm done with this kid. At least you put Amuro in there, who isn't the greatest but still leagues ahead of the other two you mentioned.

The Fuck? Domon is awesome! I never shitted on him, I just pointed out that he is less than perfect as a protag lol.

Anyways
You're all wrong....

It's obviously Judau.

How can you say that with your Avatar? lol

Besides I was making a joke with saying Setsuna was best protagonist. Because he is literally Gundam so he would end up being the best type of protag.

If I had to choose I would give it to Amuro hands down. Setsuna would be up there though.

Ezalc

I don't understand how Setsuna is "literally Gundam". I still feel like the only one to be able to claim this would be somebody using G Gundam's piloting method since you know, they actually have to use their entire body to move their mechs.

Beth Cyra

I don't understand how Setsuna is "literally Gundam". I still feel like the only one to be able to claim this would be somebody using G Gundam's piloting method since you know, they actually have to use their entire body to move their mechs.
If that is your base then anyone who uses the Zero System at maximum is as well.

Heero actually feels the stress/pain that the suit is under as well as his mind and the suit are practically one and the same when Zero is engaged. This is taken even further in FT but enough is shown in Wing proper it shouldn't need explination.

Judau could have the same argument as either the G Cast or Zero users given his new type power is so strong he actually becomes a power source for the ZZ.

MechaX

He fucked Nina Purpleton. That's more than Kou ever did.

Gato made the one fatal man code error; you don't stick your dick in crazy.

... Hm. Now that I think about it, Domon is the only Gundam protagonist that actually averts this with the woman he gets.

CorvoSol

Gundam Build Fighters is a better anime than G Gundam could ever dream of being.

Is that why every g gundam MS gets destroyed in one shot in gbf

The show's staff knows g gundam was shit

LOL you guys. Everybody knows deep down that G is the best Gundam series ever made.

Gato made the one fatal man code error; you don't stick your dick in crazy.

... Hm. Now that I think about it, Domon is the only Gundam protagonist that actually averts this with the woman he gets.

Better check the list here, but I think you're right.

A quick review returns: Seabook and Tobia, both of whom had fairly sane ish girlfriends.

Also the Asuno men, but since they dated less women and more baby ovens, it's not hard to see why their women weren't insane.

Well, unless Eva Braun was crazy.

Ezalc

If that is your base then anyone who uses the Zero System at maximum is as well.

Heero actually feels the stress/pain that the suit is under as well as his mind and the suit are practically one and the same when Zero is engaged. This is taken even further in FT but enough is shown in Wing proper it shouldn't need explination.

Judau could have the same argument as either the G Cast or Zero users given his new type power is so strong he actually becomes a power source for the ZZ.

Didn't know about the latter two, but still all better than Setsuna's I am Gundam bullshit.

Also it's God Gundam for a reason, one day all of you will convert.

Didn't know about the latter two, but still all better than Setsuna's I am Gundam bullshit.

Sorry to say Setsuna doesn't believe in God. ;b

Still makes me laugh how Shining Gundam was changed out for God Gundam and then Domon just went Ham with it.

Beth Cyra

Well the Zero System in all reality is just UC Cockpit Design merged given the control of Mobile Fight System and the ability to give special people New Type Flash without the New Type.

Sounds like serious insecurity to me. But then again lets be honest who would want to be compared against a show directed by the man responsible for the best mecha shows that ever graced the screen.

Well unless the writter of BF also really fucking hates Wing, SEED and Turn A I doubt he hates G. I will admit to taking some perverse pleasure in watching the G series get trashed, but I take the same pleasure in watching Wing and SEED get trashed just as much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom