• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Gundam Thread of Gunpla, Origins, and 35 Years of GUNDAMUUUU!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CorvoSol

Ramba Ral prequel in the Goufmobile.

1574.jpg

I would ride everywhere in that car.

Beth Cyra

I certainly hope not. I'd rather watch an adaptation of Frozen Teardrop than anything Seed related.

While I would love me some Katoki designs, does anyone really believe that we won't be getting a SEED announcement?

How close will Destiny be to finishing it's run when the Press is held? Destiny HD remaster was announced before SEED ended, so its totally possible that we could be getting a SEED extension at the presser.

About Wing though, I've firmly been in the camp that believes we will never get an extension to it, but Bandai/Sunrise really are continuing to push it. Endless Waltz is getting yet another Blu Ray release with Odds and Evens bolted on, as well continuing to be pushed over and over again at Tokyo Front.

With Build Fighters being 25 Eps, maybe all those fan boys who are praying that we get something at the 20th Ann won't be totally let down.

LMAO

That Kira vs Athrun fight to the death might just happen again.

Anyways I wouldn't mind an expansion of Wing as it is one of my favorite shows due to it being my first ever Gundam show.

They could also do a G Gundam expansion but that is very unlikely. Its still too early for a 00 expansion.

If we get Frozen Teardrop I will not know whether to feel elated or horrified.

The later is most appropriate. Shit reads like a bad fanfic and it's taken them literally forever to even reveal the god damn mechs. What makes it even worse is people would rather have this animated then something much superior like the Glory of Losers.

Dat Proto-Zero FULLY ANIMATED.

Y'think that SEED movie will ever be made?

1322517608891.png

The curse of the bad Gundam movie + the fact that it'll more than likely have elements of the Destiny production staff.

I would not wish something upon even my worst enemy.....

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I have 2 questions about gundam mangas.

Is Gundam Seed Astray considered a title worth reading?
And can I enjoy it without knowing anything about Seed?

CorvoSol

The later is most appropriate. Shit reads like a bad fanfic and it's taken them literally forever to even reveal the god damn mechs. What makes it even worse is people would rather have this animated then something much superior like the Glory of Losers.

Dat Proto-Zero FULLY ANIMATED.

1322517608891.png

The curse of the bad Gundam movie + the fact that it'll more than likely have elements of the Destiny production staff.

I would not wish something upon even my worst enemy.....

They're going to announce a Crossbone Gundam animation and that will be the end of Gundam GAF.

In other Gundam related news, I'm still debating whether I'll go for Full Boost or Gundam Musou. I love EX VS but I haven't played online at all and haven't finished the Special Missions yet...Musou seems perfect for mostly SP play.

Buy both. It's the only acceptable response.

I have about 80 hours logged in Musou 3, and I can say pretty much only enjoyed the first 10 or so hours. After that, it was about obsessively upgrading my favorite MSes

I have about 80 hours logged in Musou 3, and I can say pretty much only enjoyed the first 10 or so hours. After that, it was about obsessively upgrading my favorite MSes

Same here. Still playing lol. Got Setsuna to level 50.

BTW guys don't buy Shin Musou at full price. Its a cash grab and not worth buying at full price.

Buy Full Boost instead and play with us!

CorvoSol

Doesn't stop Chronicle, Katejina, or your beloved Karlmann.

CORRECTION. It DOES stop Karlmann and Katejina, since
without Uso the former dies in Katejina's care and the latter is likely left dead by Zanscare's walking violation machines called soldiers.

The Zanscare then take over the world, do such a shit job of it that a woman named Marbet, piloting the SYSTEM TURN A melts down and destroys everyone involved with the Zanscare, most of the remaining civilization on Earth, and scaring colonies into running for their lives. This Marbet marries a man named Cehak from the moon and that's that.

CENTURY COLOR MILLION COLOR TURNS

CORRECTION. It DOES stop Karlmann and Katejina, since
without Uso the former dies in Katejina's care and the latter is likely left dead by Zanscare's walking violation machines called soldiers.

The Zanscare then take over the world, do such a shit job of it that a woman named Marbet, piloting the SYSTEM TURN A melts down and destroys everyone involved with the Zanscare, most of the remaining civilization on Earth, and scaring colonies into running for their lives. This Marbet marries a man named Cehak from the moon and that's that.

CENTURY COLOR MILLION COLOR TURNS

So we're counting on Marbet living for roughly 3000ish years till Turn A starts? I'd just leave it at Marbet using the V2 and blowing up Zanscare with that.

Although, don't stop, carry on.

CorvoSol

So we're counting on Marbet living for roughly 3000ish years till Turn A starts? I'd just leave it at Marbet using the V2 and blowing up Zanscare with that.

Although, don't stop, carry on.

We're just skipping them thousands of years and putting Marbet as the backstory to Turn A and Loran's ancestor. Because she's always a winner.

Aizo

Banned
I've decided that I wish I didn't buy Shin Gundam Musou.
Three was my favorite in the series, and this one ruined a lot of the good things about that game.
My ranking is now 3>2>Shin=1

To anyone considering buying it now, just wait for Shin Gundam Musou 2. There are a lot of features not properly fleshed out, and the Ultimate mode is a grinding mess of boredom. A lot of the new suits are class 2, so they don't have proper move sets. Also, the lack of a new SD gundam, much new UC stuff, interesting stages, and the messed up emergency dash are pretty disappointing. This is merely one man's opinion. I'm not sure how the rest of the people playing it feel.

CorvoSol

Three was my favorite in the series, and this one ruined a lot of the good things about that game.

To anyone considering buying it now, just wait for Shin Gundam Musou 2. There are a lot of features not properly fleshed out, and the Ultimate mode is a grinding mess of boredom. A lot of the new suits are class 2, so they don't have proper move sets. Also, the lack of a new SD gundam, much new UC stuff, interesting stages, and the messed up emergency dash are pretty disappointing. This is merely one man's opinion. I'm not sure how the rest of the people playing it feel.

Got it. Money better spent on SRWZ3 preorder anyway.

Beth Cyra

Glad I decided not to import it. Granted even if it held up to the gameplay of 3 and the Story mode of 1, I would have passed because of the SEED overuse, but the turn out makes me feel a little better.

Will probably still pick it up on Vita if released her, but my excitement is cemented for Z3 as my Gundam highlight for the year.

That's kind of disappointing to hear about the new suits. I'm still kind of annoyed there's no Leopard Destroy or Airmaster Burst either or lack of Gundam X suits in general :/

Aizo

Banned
Most of what I said is completely subjective, but their is one fact that really makes me feel like just playing 3 instead: it will take you longer in this game than any of the previous installments to unlock every character. You need every character to play with every mobile suit because of the horrible, grindy unlocking mechanic. You must play with any class 1 suit (mostly Gundams) 10 times to unlock for everyone. This may have worked for previous titles, but with the sheer number of mechs now available, it was an awful decision.

Also, missions each have three submissions. They range from "Kill this many mobile suits" to "beat this mission in this specific mobile suit" which means that some missions will have to be played at least three times to unlock everything. Many of these unlocks are characters. The system was an awful idea, and I will not buy the next title on release unless it seems to remedy all the issues.

Hell, the more I think about it, the first Gundam Musou might be a better game. Less content, but at least it isn't boring.

CorvoSol

I think it's just I was on the fence about it already, and since I'm gonna get Breaker and Z3 to scratch my Mecha itches I can hold off.

Most of what I said is completely subjective, but their is one fact that really makes me feel like just playing 3 instead: it will take you longer in this game than any of the previous installments to unlock every character. You need every character to play with every mobile suit because of the horrible, grindy unlocking mechanic. You must play with any class 1 suit (mostly Gundams) 10 times to unlock for everyone. This may have worked for previous titles, but with the sheer number of mechs now available, it was an awful decision.

Also, missions each have three submissions. They range from "Kill this many mobile suits" to "beat this mission in this specific mobile suit" which means that some missions will have to be played at least three times to unlock everything. Many of these unlocks are characters. The system was an awful idea, and I will not buy the next title on release unless it seems to remedy all the issues.

Hell, the more I think about it, the first Gundam Musou might be a better game. Less content, but at least it isn't boring.

No doubt. It's just I keep hearing opinions similar to the one you gave and it doesn't illicit much confidence in me.

I already drew significant issue with the 3rd entry and the annoying grindiness of the "invisible friendship meter". Not to mention trying to grind out enough money to upgrade mechs when the online was pretty much abandoned. I'm used to having grindy elements having grown up on a Japanese dominated console landscape. It doesn't bug me too much, however, some of the grindy elements they've been adding to the game kind of outdo anything from the 90s.

Even trying to get rank 4 plans with max stats was more of a pain in the ass then trying to get final weapons from it's older brother Dynasty Warriors 3 (can't believe that shits 13 years old now.....). And now I hear they've gone back to that stupid erector set style of making mechs to boot :/

Just marathoned War in the Pocket. It's not like I have an exam on monday or anything, nope, not at all.

Thought it was good. Bernie was really likable. The Kämpfer was cool as hell.

Just one question though.
Why was the nuke's destination changed? Something to do with White Base's actions I presume, but I can't remember what it could be right now.

CorvoSol

Just marathoned War in the Pocket. It's not like I have an exam on monday or anything, nope, not at all.

Why was the nuke's destination changed? Something to do with White Base's actions I presume, but I can't remember what it could be right now.

I thought it was because the One Year War had ended? I mean,
Ghiren and Kycillia were both dead, right?

One day they're talking about
sending Amuro the magnetic coating tech, the next the war is over.

Convenient timing is something I'm not a fan of. I could be just making up the timeframe though.

CorvoSol

One day they're talking about
sending Amuro the magnetic coating tech, the next the war is over.

Convenient timing is something I'm not a fan of. I could be just making up the timeframe though.

I can't help you much because I desperately tried to find a Harmony for the One Year War and could not. Like I scoured the net and for whatever reason apparently nobody ever thought "Hey why don't I draw a timeline that explains when each episode of each item that takes place during the OYW takes place? I'll just assume everybody is such a HUGE fan that they have all that memorized and just post timelines with dates and events!"

20/12: Threaten with Nuke. [Episode 5]

24/12: Battle of Solomon.

25/12: Nuke Destination changed. [Episode 6]

31/12: Battle of A Baoa Qu

01/01/0080: End of One Year War.

The nuke's destination wasn't changed. There was a fleet coming to Side 6, but it was attacked and defeated and the nuke was captured

KiraFA37

I can't help you much because I desperately tried to find a Harmony for the One Year War and could not. Like I scoured the net and for whatever reason apparently nobody ever thought "Hey why don't I draw a timeline that explains when each episode of each item that takes place during the OYW takes place? I'll just assume everybody is such a HUGE fan that they have all that memorized and just post timelines with dates and events!"

What? You don't have a calender that corresponds with UC0079 and have each date marked with all the events that happened? I mean thats Gundam 101! Just kidding, but a timeline does exist in english: http://www.dyarstraights.com/mobile-suit-gundam-high-frontier/universal-century-master-timeline/ , unfortunately it seems the site is getting overhauled so not all the info is available, luckily there's the internet archive: https://web.archive.org/web/2012030...rstraights.com/msgundam/timeline.html#UC_0079 (might not be the most up to date backup). It doesn't mention exactly what episode happen when but most important events are depicted all the way from 1771 to Turn A Gundam.

PhiLonius

What? You don't have a calender that corresponds with UC0079 and have each date marked with all the events that happened? I mean thats Gundam 101! Just kidding, but a timeline does exist in english: http://www.dyarstraights.com/mobile-suit-gundam-high-frontier/universal-century-master-timeline/ , unfortunately it seems the site is getting overhauled so not all the info is available, luckily there's the internet archive: https://web.archive.org/web/2012030...rstraights.com/msgundam/timeline.html#UC_0079 (might not be the most up to date backup). It doesn't mention exactly what episode happen when but most important events are depicted all the way from 1771 to Turn A Gundam.

Thank you for this. I know what I'll be reading today.

Aizo

Banned

I wish I escaped my doom by watching Gundam today. I just played Japanese shoot 'em ups and Yakyū Kakutō Rīgu Man (Ninja Baseball Bat Man, and yes, it's as awesome as it sounds). I did write two essays and half of another, I suppose.... I still have 20 more pages worth of essays due by the end of the week, though..

Someone hold me.

I wish I escaped my doom by watching Gundam today. I just played Japanese shoot 'em ups and Yakyū Kakutō Rīgu Man (Ninja Baseball Bat Man, and yes, it's as awesome as it sounds). I did write two essays and half of another, I suppose.... I still have 20 more pages worth of essays due by the end of the week, though..

Someone hold me.

You can do it bro.

Because I sure as hell can't do what I'm supposed to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom