• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Gundam Thread of Gunpla, Origins, and 35 Years of GUNDAMUUUU!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ezalc

You guys are missing the point here. Clearly it was meant to be a harem. #TeamShuffleAllianceAllenbySchwarzRainMasterAsia.

HGUC Neo-Zeong estimated size, hehe.

1622038_10152208103046897_19410661_n.jpg

Dragoshi1

My local shop finally got my Acguy in, so I'll be picking it up Friday.

They also got both bearguys in, maybe I'll grab one of 'em.

Protag

Banned
Alright im caving here, does anyone think i should go with the 1/100 of the master grade RX-0 or stick with the robot damashii rx-0?

I know i'll have to build the MG model but damn, its only 20 buck more and its bigger.

Alright im caving here, does anyone think i should go with the 1/100 of the master grade RX-0 or stick with the robot damashii rx-0?

I know i'll have to build the MG model but damn, its only 20 buck more and its bigger.

Depends on how much space you have. The Damshii figures fit perfectly in my office.

Protag

Banned
Im looking at videos on the kits, and man how is one suposed to get those decals on? They're so small

Edit: also, are the Real grade 1/144 the same in scale to the robot damashii?

Beth Cyra

Im looking at videos on the kits, and man how is one suposed to get those decals on? They're so small

Edit: also, are the Real grade 1/144 the same in scale to the robot damashii?
RD's dont have a set scale. They are close to 144 but it varies from figure to figure.

A great example is that RD Tallgeese is nearly as big as RD Sinanju and TG is only supposed to be 17 compared to Sin's 22.

Finished Part 1 of Tomino's Gundam novel. Some good stuff. Here are some things I noticed.

-Amuro and the other ms pilots are all cadets prior to the start of the story.
-it kinda is like the first series in flow but with some big changes.
-garma dies before the pegasus (white bases name in the novel) arrives at Luna 2. Char doesn't betray garma, though he does hesitate to go help him. Instead garma is portrayed as incompetent and rash.
- general revil is at luna 2, he sends the pegasus to texas colony.
- Lalah is introduced during garmas funeral. She is killed not long after when the pegasus attacks Texas.
-Side 6is portrayed as a Zeon puppet state
-the line sentence in part one is " it was UC0080 and still the war continued. "

CorvoSol

Wait, you actually bought a Nobel Gundam model? What are you going to do, glare at it disapprovingly all the time? Paint a red "A" on it?

I'm going to build it in secret and never let anyone know that I secretly think Allenby is less of a skank than I publicly admit.

In all honesty, it came as a set with the God Gundam, so I just kinda got it at the same time. I think the Nobel isn't that bad as far as designs go. Plus it comes with a beam ribbon which is too stupid an accessory not to pick up.

But painting a big fat red A on it sounds like a hilarious idea.

Finished Part 1 of Tomino's Gundam novel. Some good stuff. Here are some things I noticed.

-garma dies before the pegasus (white bases name in the novel) arrives at Luna 2. Char doesn't betray garma, though he does hesitate to go help him. Instead garma is portrayed as incompetent and rash.
- Lalah is introduced during garmas funeral. She is killed not long after when the pegasus attacks Texas.
-the line sentence in part one is " it was UC0080 and still the war continued. "

There are a lot of major changes to the story in the novels. I wish that more of Tomino's Gundam novels had gotten translations...I know that his original vision for Char's Counterattack was very different than what we ended up getting.

Dynedom

Among other things:

Chan Agi isn't Amuro's love interest and Hathaway is the one who kills Quess.

Automatically better.

Those...change almost every major aspect of the UC universe up until CCA, don't they? I'm actually curious now.

Zerojul

Almost finished the MG X :

I like the design and it's a nice change after the tedious Nu Ver.Ka. Much, much simpler build. The fact that the satellite cannon is sturdier than I thought is a big plus, too. Not too bad.

He still wants to kill the Zabis. In fact in the novel, it is almost as if he was brainwashed by Jimba ral into wanting to do so. Its just that he wants to wait until after the war to do so. Use the war to build up a reputation and get close to the Zabis, then lead a coup. There is a part where it explains that he doesnt want to screw over tje war effort because even a Zabi dictatorship would be better than the EF ruling now.

I will say this. In the book, Char gets almost as much time as Amuro. Maybe even more.

I don't know if I'd be able to appreciate the early UC universe circa 0079 w(in any medium) ithout the Sins of the Fathers motif that motivates Char. It was one of the better things about the original Gundam series.

Sorry, I didn't mean that everything is changed in the novels, but that the novels themselves end up changing everything that follows. But they're not canon, so it doesn't really matter.

CorvoSol

I think it's the RX-78-3 G3 Gundam

http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/RX-78-3_Gundam_"G-3"

The one you're thinking of is the NT-1 Alex

TFIvXNg.jpg

http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/RX-78NT-1_Gundam_"Alex"

Huh. Didn't look that different in my head, haha.

So Nobel shipped, which means that when I get home at the very least Nobel, Talgeese III, God and Star Build (plus the Universe Booster) will be waiting for me. Wing Fenice doesn't restock till March, and considering I paid for the cheapest kind of shipping possible, it's a toss up whether or not it'll be there in April when I get home.

But basically most of April I will be building Gunpla.

Dynedom

He still wants to kill the Zabis. In fact in the novel, it is almost as if he was brainwashed by Jimba ral into wanting to do so. Its just that he wants to wait until after the war to do so. Use the war to build up a reputation and get close to the Zabis, then lead a coup. There is a part where it explains that he doesnt want to screw over tje war effort because even a Zabi dictatorship would be better than the EF ruling now.

I will say this. In the book, Char gets almost as much time as Amuro. Maybe even more.

Okay, that's pretty cool. It also sets up the fallout to Zeta a bit differently.

Sorry, I didn't mean that everything is changed in the novels, but that the novels themselves end up changing everything that follows. But they're not canon, so it doesn't really matter.

It's obviously not canon but still sounds interesting.

Okay, that's pretty cool. It also sets up the fallout to Zeta a bit differently

This book was written before Zeta. In fact I think it came out before the movie trilogy. This was written at a time when Gundam was technically a cancelled failurw of a series, and frankly Tomino comes across as kind of bitter in the book.

I dont think it is going to set up Zeta at all. Its starting to take a pretty radical turn from franchise cannon

Dynedom

This book was written before Zeta. In fact I think it came out before the movie trilogy. This was written at a time when Gundam was technically a cancelled failurw of a series, and frankly Tomino comes across as kind of bitter in the book.

I dont think it is going to set up Zeta at all. Its starting to take a pretty radical turn from franchise cannon

Judging by what he creates when he's depressed (Victory), what the hell does he write when he's bitter? A "Be Invoked" ending without the symbolism/message?

Okay, that's pretty cool. It also sets up the fallout to Zeta a bit differently.

It's obviously not canon but still sounds interesting.

They're fun books, wasn't trying to sway people from reading them.

Hasn't Tomino said that if he knew the series would continue, he would've done things differently?

BIG SPOILER
He wouldn't have killed off Amuro. Whoops!

Hasn't Tomino said that if he knew the series would continue, he would've done things differently?

BIG SPOILER
The original plan for the series had Char fail to assassinate the Zabi family because of his obsession with the Gundam. Tomino seems pretty much all over the place with how his characters behave. The thing that stays the same is his message and opinion about war.

They're fun books, wasn't trying to sway people from reading them.

BIG SPOILER

Wasn't the way he died really lame too? Like before the war even ended. Like WTF no Nu Gundam or Zeta Gundam and so on because of that one event lol. Good thing its not considered canon.

Wasn't the way he died really lame too? Like before the war even ended. Like WTF no Nu Gundam or Zeta Gundam and so on because of that one event lol. Good thing its not considered canon.

Yep, he gets taken out by a random Rick Dom during the Battle of Abaoa Qu. Then Char and Kycilia team up with the Pegasus to take out Ghiren. Then Char kills Kycilia. Heh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom