• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Gundam Thread of Gunpla, Origins, and 35 Years of GUNDAMUUUU!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Almost finished the MG X :

I like the design and it's a nice change after the tedious Nu Ver.Ka. Much, much simpler build. The fact that the satellite cannon is sturdier than I thought is a big plus, too. Not too bad.

Props for making the X. I always liked it so much more than the Double X.

Oh, yeah, I think the best we can expect is for new HGs of the Airmaster and Leopardon at some point in the future. They're kind of "forgotten" Gundams, kind of like the other Shuffle Alliance Gundams other than Domon's units. :(

The original plan for the series had Char fail to assassinate the Zabi family because of his obsession with the Gundam. Tomino seems pretty much all over the place with how his characters behave. The thing that stays the same is his message and opinion about war.

Yeah, I remember reading about this. In the original concept for the ending, Char didn't pilot the Zeong, it was another pilot who was never even introduced in the final series, they had to change and truncate a lot of things when the series episode order was cut.

Bombless

Seeing all these gorgeous gunpla makes me sad of the way I built my 1/60 Strike Freedom. Shoddy work, unlined, a couple pieces fitting loosely...and snapped 2 pieces while building it. I guess I should had started much smaller. I feel I wasted it now.

Jaeger

Seeing all these gorgeous gunpla makes me sad of the way I built my 1/60 Strike Freedom. Shoddy work, unlined, a couple pieces fitting loosely...and snapped 2 pieces while building it. I guess I should had started much smaller. I feel I wasted it now.

Years ago I started working on a Zeta HG. I definitely messed up on it where it's no longer worth finishing. I do plan on doing bigger kits I already bought, but not until I really nail a process down.

So, what are you guys favorite non-Gundam Mobile Suits? There are hundreds of glorious mecha to choose from, after all.

I actually dont care for Gundams that much. I pretty much only enjoy the Zeta and Nu. I appreciate the V and V2. The Wing Fenice is pretty nice too.

I mostly love the franchise for UC grunt suits.

CorvoSol

Years ago I started working on a Zeta HG. I definitely messed up on it where it's no longer worth finishing. I do plan on doing bigger kits I already bought, but not until I really nail a process down.

If I were to buy more Gunpla right now, a HGUC Zeta and ZZ would be it for me.

BY THE WAY, do RG kits come in 1/144 or not?

Ezalc

So, what are you guys favorite non-Gundam Mobile Suits? There are hundreds of glorious mecha to choose from, after all.

Is Fuunsaiki's unit a gundam? If not that if it is then Char's Zaku just because it's awesome to use in the Gundam vs games. Aside from that I actually can't think of too many that I enjoy so much that I view it as anything besides a generic grunt unit.

Ken

GM Custom, Jesta Cannon, GM Sniper II, GM Ground Type, Gouf Custom, and GN-X.

Kinda like the Jegan too but not totally into everything about it.

Favorite Non-Gundam MS's?

Zaku Flipper (MSV Unit)
Gouf Custom (08th MS Team)
ReGZ (Char's Counterattack)
Turn X (Turn A Gundam)
Hyaku Shiki (Zeta Gundam)

Favorite Gundams?
RX-78-2 Gundam (Gundam)
Nu Gundam (Char's Counterattack)
Gundam F91 (Gundam F91)
Gundam Exia (Gundam 00)
Turn A Gundam (Turn A Gundam)

Jaeger

So many awesome picks.

Jesta Cannon, Gouf Custom.

Wonderful choices.

If we are talking about grunt and semi special units, it would be;

Serpent Custom, Virgo, Kampfer, Rozen Zulu, Geara Doga,

In terms of special units;

Sinanju , Talgeese III, Kshatriya , Queen Mansa, HMX-000 Nocturne
;)

Now, Gundams;

Gundam Astray Red Frame, Crossbone Gumdam(s), Deathscythe Hell Kai, Master Gundam, Xi Gundam, Gundam F91, Gundam Epyon, and so on and so fourth.

Beth Cyra

Non Gundam

Tallgeese II
Jesta (non canon)
Delta Plus
Virgo 1
GM III

Gundam
Wing Gundam EW
Wing Gundam Fenice
Freedom
Shining (non super mode)
Unicorn
Banshee Final Battle
Nu Gundam (Asymmetrical version only)

ultron87

I followed the gunpla cop's advice and started panel lining my GP01 today. Just using a gunpla marker as that is about as serious as I'm willing to get. It really does look way better.

Just finished Gundam Zeta for the first time. That was some crazy shit. Lot of surprises in terms of character deaths. I think this show had the most 'jump in front of bullet to protect someone' deaths than any other anime I've seen. Totally thought
Katz
and
Jerid
would eventually experience some sort of revelation/development that would make them wiser, but nope. My brain is still trying to work out how to think about
Reccoa
and
Sarah
cuz that was so weird.

I'm really upset that ZZ's dub isn't available anywhere (I don't think it was ever released on DVD) cuz it's really hard to swap languages midway through a franchise. Even moreso when I'll eventually return to the dub when I get to Char's Counterattack and Unicorn.

ZZ was never dubbed. At least for America. There migjt be some low qualtiy filippino english dub floating around that doesnt really coubt though

NEO0MJ

I think this is where the gundam series shines, they tend to be more creative with them. Anyways some of my favorites are:

-The O
-Hygogg
-Baund Doc
-Tallgeese I
-Turn X (I was surprised when I found out this wasn't classified as a Gundam)

I really dislike the O personally. Mostly because the pilot Scirroco was a piece of sh*t imo.

My favorite Non-Gundam suit is the Zaku II, iconic as hell. There is also Guncannon, Guntank, Tallgeese II, Virgo, Gouf Ignited, Ginn, Over Flag, Susanoo and a couple of others I cannot think of off the top of my head.

Favorite Gundam suits include.

Rx 78 Original Gundam
Nu Gundam before funnels
Zeta Gundam
Gato's Gundam whose name and number I forgot but it had the nuke.
Shining Gundam
God Gundam in hyper mode
Wing Gundam TV (Hate the wings in EW)
Deathscythe Hell
Altron
Strike Freedom
Exia
Dynamas
00 Raiser
Reborns Gundam
Cherudium
Arios
00 Qan
Gundam AGE Sparrow
Gundam AGE-2 normal
Star Build Strike
Wing Fenice

Favorite Mobile armors

Big Zam of course
Psycho Gundam
Devil Gundam
Queen Mansa
Alvatore (gotta love all that gold lol)

Probably a whole bunch I forgot since I'm making this list half asleep.

Ken

Overall most GMs sucked when it came to combat, and more often than not come off as a poor man's gundam.

hey now the RGM line have some moments of greatness

jMNSlPN0D7BKt.jpg
jV6StMMZdVntb.jpg
jZyqHm5TQTLPg.png

NEO0MJ

maybe they'll make an MG Jesta Cannon by the time you finish EX-S.

I'm actually not a big fan of the Jesta Cannon, though if it given you the option to build the original Jesta but with Extra weapons I wouldn't mind picking it up instead.

CorvoSol

The military force that used GMs to win a war promptly threw them all in the dustbin and started using all the cool new Zakus they got right after.

And then turned right around and lost that war to the guys using the GM type Nemos.

So help me figure all this out, Gunpla GAF. HG < RG < MG < PG? But there isn't a RG ZZ Gundam, is there?

So help me figure all this out, Gunpla GAF. HG < RG < MG < PG? But there isn't a RG ZZ Gundam, is there?

The RG line is pretty young and they only release three kits a year (not counting Skygrasper and recolors such as AEUG Mk-II and green Zaku).

Here's a full list of what the line includes - http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/Real_Grade

Your rankings are about right. I'd say a nice RG is worth a thousand mediocre MGs but that's just me.

Beth Cyra

And then turned right around and lost that war to the guys using the GM type Nemos.

Yeah, currently that is pretty much how they would scale. There are some variances to the rule though.

Alot of people believe the Real Grade GP01's to actually be better then their MG Counter parts, I've seen the same from a few people about the RG MKII and MG MK II. at least when it coems to the 1.0.

As far as the ZZ goes, yeah no RG of ZZ.

However go with the HG, it's a far better model and representation of the ZZ Gundam then the MG can even hope to be. As it stands the MG ZZ and Alex are probably the two that need a 2.0 the most. The HG on the other hand is a great Model, and one of the best HG's when it comes to just capturing the mobile suit.

I'm just waiting for them to release a Full Armor ZZ and FAZZ.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom