• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Gundam Thread of Gunpla, Origins, and 35 Years of GUNDAMUUUU!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zerojul

Alot of people believe the Real Grade GP01's to actually be better then their MG Counter parts
I think they're right, even if I'm a MG collector. The whole 0083 MG lineup, except GP03S, is in dire need of a 2.0 revision, but those kits are from around 1997-1998 so I guess it's understandable...

As it stands the MG ZZ and Alex are probably the two that need a 2.0 the most.

I agree, especially for the ZZ.

Beth Cyra

Well at the very least we should be seeing a RG ZZ before to long.

They have been slowly working through the Lead suits of UC while giving SEED/OO love.

I expect that if they don't go for Shiki or Alex we could possibly see the RG ZZ in between Exia and Raiser. So hopefully in the next two years, just hope the G Fortress is handled better then the Z Waverider.

Yeah, currently that is pretty much how they would scale. There are some variances to the rule though.

Alot of people believe the Real Grade GP01's to actually be better then their MG Counter parts, I've seen the same from a few people about the RG MKII and MG MK II. at least when it coems to the 1.0.

The problem with all the Stardust Memory MGs is that they're really, really old. The MG Mk. II 1.0 has really weird feet and is very old too. The Mk. II 2.0 is nice, got released about six or seven years ago. We need 2.0s of the GP01 and GP02, as well as the GP03S.

If you are referring to hizacks, a hizack is like a mix between a GM and a Zaku. Plus the AEUG used them too.

It's a mobile suit that's a Zaku for Zeta, it main point was to visually and by association define Titans as the villains of the show. I certainly don't remember AEUG in the show using Hizack uints.

Beth Cyra

The problem with all the Stardust Memory MGs is that they're really, really old. The MG Mk. II 1.0 has really weird feet and is very old too. The Mk. II 2.0 is nice, got released about six or seven years ago. We need 2.0s of the GP01 and GP02, as well as the GP03S.

I would be all over a GP02A MG 2.0.

Still though with the RG GP01 releases, I think the MG ZZ and Alex are in need far more. Espeically the ZZ, it can't even hold it's weapons really and the thing can barely move because the articulation is so bad.

The Stardust kits have issues it's true, but even still they are far and above better then what ZZ is currently.

I have the hg zeta and I like it, beam saber aside. I don't have a problem with partsformers though like some do.

I hear scary things about the RG zeta

But I want a Zeta model! If I don't buy a kit, what do I do, go for the Bandai Spirits one?

There is no Robot Tamashii version of the Zeta yet.

Zeta's complicated transformation process makes most of the models underwhelming. The only good one is the 2.0 MG. Avoid the RG, the HG, the PG, and the 1.0 MG.

ZetaEpyon

Yeah I have the 1.0 MG Zeta and I just try to avoid touching the thing as much as possible. If they made one that wasn't capable of actually transforming, it would help a lot...

My only problem with the hguc zeta is that some parts arent painted like they should be. The beam saber is the biggest offender since it is just sokid white. Not the transparent red later kits used

CorvoSol

Aw man, but Zeta's white goatee would mean for once I wouldn't have to deal with a sticker on the world's smallest piece of plastic.

MGs are almost exclusively 1/100. Not sure how much the 2.0 zeta is but they are on averagr 60-90. S0me of the more complicated ones are 100-30

Ken

If you really want a Zeta then the RG is fine. Just don't play around with it like a moron and it'll manage its main function of looking hella balls to the walls fucking awesome just perfectly.
I built the RG before having seen Zeta Gundam and and fell in love with the design that way.

Just bear in mind that it's a horrible flimsy piece of shit. Pose it once a quarter and you'll love it.

yt344YE.jpg

How much do yu think you all have spent on gunpla? Ive probably set down about 600-700 on my kits. All of them except my rg char zaku were hgs.

Its an expensive hobby but I rationalize it by thinking it makes up for me borrowing the shows

Beth Cyra

How much do yu think you all have spent on gunpla? Ive probably set down about 600-700 on my kits. All of them except my rg char zaku were hgs.

Its an expensive hobby but I rationalize it by thinking it makes up for me borrowing the shows
Total?

Some where about 2000 USD. Not the most dedicated collector, but Im a fan of Katoki's stuff as well as I've picked up multiple Online Exclusives and PG's.

Majority of mine are MG's. Love 1/100 scale and detail.

Ken

Luckily I held onto those little covers you get that is the first thing you see when you open up an MG so let's see..

Master Grades
Full Armor ZZ
Char's Gelgoog
Re-GZ
Kampfer
Alex
MS-06R-1A Zaku II
Hyaku-Shiki
GP01FB
GP03S
Gouf Custom
RX-79[G]
RGM-79[G]
Ez-8
Strike Noire
Zeta Plus C1
Gundam Mk-II
Super Gundam
GM Custom (my very first model kit ;_;)
Jesta
Sengoku Astray

Also had a PG Wing Zero Custom. Unfortunately don't have most of those kits any more since I moved houses a lot.

Looking at the release dates, guess I got disinterested in gunpla and Gundam from 2002 onwards (I picked up the Strike Noire on a whim at an airport but never got around to building until last year), but GBF revitalized that so yay. Aside from those, I only have a couple of old HGUCs (Bawoo, GP01, GP01FB), a few new ones (Silver Bullet and both Unicorns), 5 HGBF kits, and a few No Grade stuff like the 1/100 Akatsuki and some of those 1/144 and 1/100 Gundam Wing kits. I never got into anything beyond putting panel lines so most of my gunpla munies went into the gunpla themselves.

It's a mobile suit that's a Zaku for Zeta, it main point was to visually and by association define Titans as the villains of the show. I certainly don't remember AEUG in the show using Hizack uints.

AEUG didn't use any Zaku units AFAIK. The closest they got to that was when Judau replaced the head of the ZZ with a Zaku Head for one episode. They have fielded the Gelgoog and the Kämpfer though.

CorvoSol

oh, is this your first kit?

All of my kits are 1/144 is all. I think I've only ever bought HG kits. Because I don't have painting materials or skills. Technically the HGAC WZC Special Edition is the first kit I'd built since building my Wing sets and ZZ when I was a kid. I go for 1/144 because it's the scale that is about the same height as my Bandai Spirts figures.

If you really want a Zeta then the RG is fine. Just don't play around with it like a moron and it'll manage its main function of looking hella balls to the walls fucking awesome just perfectly.
I built the RG before having seen Zeta Gundam and and fell in love with the design that way.

Just bear in mind that it's a horrible flimsy piece of shit. Pose it once a quarter and you'll love it.

Hmm. I don't exactly play with mine anymore, so I just build and display 'em, but accidents happen in my life, so maybe I'd be better off just sticking with the HG.

Are you sure? The Kampfer never appeared in ZZ, it made its first appearance in War in the Pocket.

BTW, Corvosol, how about the Master Grade Hyaku-Shiki? It's gold-plated, not that poseable, but looks really beautiful and you don't need to paint it to get it looking great.

http://www.hlj.com/product/ban900584/Gun

It does, but 1/100 isn't really my scale.

Ken

All of my kits are 1/144 is all. I think I've only ever bought HG kits. Because I don't have painting materials or skills. Technically the HGAC WZC Special Edition is the first kit I'd built since building my Wing sets and ZZ when I was a kid. I go for 1/144 because it's the scale that is about the same height as my Bandai Spirts figures.

Hmm. I don't exactly play with mine anymore, so I just build and display 'em, but accidents happen in my life, so maybe I'd be better off just sticking with the HG.

Well if you're not into 1/100, then you're only real options are HGUC Zeta or the RG Zeta for 1/144.

http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN978539/Gun
http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN922241/Gun

or you can go all the way and get PG Zeta 1/60 lol

RG Zeta sounds pretty annoying though.

The Real Grade line uses Bandai’s Advanced MS Joint frame, which I’m sure most everyone is familiar with by now. This frame is somewhat flexible but also, being small and having joints molded into it, fragile. If you mishandle something or exert pressure at the wrong place and angle it could damage the frame or break it entirely. Because of this Bandai is quite thorough in the instruction manual for the transformation sequence. If you follow the steps carefully, following along to the diagrams in the manual, you should be able to transform your Zeta without incident.

Yeah, that was just me taking stuff posted on the Wiki as proof without checking. Maybe they did field a Kampfer but there's no reference on there for when they did field one.

Might have happened in Ecole du Ciel, that spin-off manga...I know there was a prototype Kampfer that appeared in it in one of the later volumes, but I don't know if it belonged to the AEUG.

Beth Cyra

I would say go HGUC Zeta if a transformation isn't that important to yo.

I have the RG Zeta (Also have the White Unicorn release as well) and frankly I think the thing is a pile of trash. I respect what they did in 1/144, but it is largely a failure in my opinion.

The majority of Real Grades suffer from at least a few lose parts and/or problem areas, but the Zeta takes things to a whole level of bad that is just unacceptable IMO.

Beth Cyra

hope RG Exia will be good

Well RG MK II and RG Destiny are both fairly solid and well done kits.

Nothing about Exia should be problem, it's design isn't that complicated and the only thing that I could see being a problem is loose ankles (like the MG) and maybe weapon connection points for the GN Swords. Won't know personally about this one though, I can't stand Exia, honestly think it's the most overrated lead yet.

I have all the OO leads in MG, so I will pass on all the RG's from it aside from a Seven Sword/G release.

Well RG MK II and RG Destiny are both fairly solid and well done kits.

Nothing about Exia should be problem, it's design isn't that complicated and the only thing that I could see being a problem is loose ankles (like the MG) and maybe weapon connection points for the GN Swords. Won't know personally about this one though, I can't stand Exia, honestly think it's the most overrated lead yet.

I have all the OO leads in MG, so I will pass on all the RG's from it aside from a Seven Sword/G release.

Seriously? I love the Exia and the O Gundam. I own the Metal Build Exia and Exia Repair, and the O Gundam Fix Figuration Metal Composite. They're incredible-looking figures.

Beth Cyra

Seriously? I love the Exia and the O Gundam. I own the Metal Build Exia and Exia Repair, and the O Gundam Fix Figuration Metal Composite. They're incredible-looking figures.

Yeah, to me Exia is pure fucking trash.

O Gundam on the other hand I have warmed up to over the years. Thing is, it was hurt by AGE coming out after 00. Having the O Gundam be a cool call back to the RX-2 (and I prefer it to the anime design of 78-2) but then to follow it up with AGE-1, took away 0's special feeling as well as AGE-1 just being a piece of garbage.

I did lie however, I like one other 00 Design, and that is the 1.5 Gundam. The blue looks amazing and getting rid of the stupid Gun canon on it's back makes the design alot better.

CorvoSol

I would say go HGUC Zeta if a transformation isn't that important to yo.

I have the RG Zeta (Also have the White Unicorn release as well) and frankly I think the thing is a pile of trash. I respect what they did in 1/144, but it is largely a failure in my opinion.

The majority of Real Grades suffer from at least a few lose parts and/or problem areas, but the Zeta takes things to a whole level of bad that is just unacceptable IMO.

Yeah I forgot to mention that transforming really isn't gonna be my deal with it, cuz the Wave Rider is not the reason I think the Zeta is a great design.

glaurung

The new pics on Gundamguy look really disappointing. Looks like it doesn't even have RG's characteristic color separation and the shoulders have nothing going on at all.
Yeah I have to concur here.

There seems to be zero white/grey/light grey distinction going on in this model (aside from two relatively ugly blobs on the front skirt). The shoulders look bulky and - I cannot believe I am saying this about an RG - cheap... It also seems to have the ugliest RG head ever.

The release is still 50 days out, so maybe they'll fix these issues.

andymcc

Banned
Looks like Gundaminfo just put up Gundam Z/ZZ both with English subs on their youtube channel.

lol subs aren't working for me on ZZ tho...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom