• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Gundam Thread of Gunpla, Origins, and 35 Years of GUNDAMUUUU!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CorvoSol

Out of all the suits in 00 I only liked the Dynames, Cherudim to a lesser extent, and the 0 Gundam just for being a throwback. Everything else was meh, especially Setsuna's units after the Exia.

The season 1 suits were my favorites. I really love the Dynames, and the Exia was neat. I liked how it focused on melee instead of guns, which was a bit of a change from previous lead Gundams.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
OO season one had some of the best suit designs in the franchise IMO

Exia, Dynames, Kyrios, Virtue

OverFlag, Tieren, GN-X

Season 2 had some good stuff too, but the simplification of designs really hurt it.

CorvoSol

The Genoce were the worst MS suits to be made in Gundam history and SD Gundam exists, that tells you something lol.

I really think the only show that has MS designs as bad as AGE is Victory, because them wheels.

AGE-1 and 2 were good. Gundam Legilis was OK. Everything else...meh.

The only suits in AGE I thought were okay were the AGE 2 and the G-Wolf/Bouncer. The Legilis was some goofy Chinese knock off Gundam and the AGE-1 was just "Which Mega Man power up can I rip off this week?"

I think the worst MS designs were the Gundams from Seed and Destiny - not the main ones, but the crappy reject ones like Raider, Forbidden, etc. Such generic, horrible-looking Gundams.

Gundam AGE-1 Normal was fantastic, I thought. I think a lot of the wears that appeared in the PSP game were actually much cooler than the ones that were featured on the show.

I think the worst MS designs were the Gundams from Seed and Destiny - not the main ones, but the crappy reject ones like Raider, Forbidden, etc. Such generic, horrible-looking Gundams.

Gundam AGE-1 Normal was fantastic, I thought. I think a lot of the wears that appeared in the PSP game were actually much cooler than the ones that were featured on the show.

:( Dude while I think Destiny Jumped the Shark, Forbidden Gundam was an awesome one. Raider Gundam and the other one was pretty terrible though and all 3 pilots were terrible of course.

CorvoSol

I dunno. Even at its worst Destiny designs were nowhere near Victory's bubble tape, decepticons, beetleborgs and boats on wheels. Victory was bad because they were on some bad acid when designing those. Meanwhile AGE's stuff was bad because they'd lived on a diet of bran flakes, saltine crackers, 0% milk and reduced vanilla ice cream.

NEO0MJ

I don't think the MS suit designs from that show were bad, just boring. I think the only two I liked were Duel Gundam + Assault Shroud and Calamity Gundam.

Something is.... happening...

http://www.gundam35th.net/

They're finally showing the Origin?

Beth Cyra

Don't understand the OO suit love, as a whole I find it only to be above AGE and Victory.

Though I will say I think G Bouncer was fucking awesome and AGE3 Normal could have been the best design in Gundam in the last 20 years if the didnt fuck it up.

Also loved Hexa Gundam and V1 is still great. sSao the highs for both AGE and Victory shit all over OO for me.

I dunno. Even at its worst Destiny designs were nowhere near Victory's bubble tape, decepticons, beetleborgs and boats on wheels. Victory was bad because they were on some bad acid when designing those. Meanwhile AGE's stuff was bad because they'd lived on a diet of bran flakes, saltine crackers, 0% milk and reduced vanilla ice cream.

I'm going to respectfully disagree. The Victory and V2 are beautiful designs, and the Zanscare stuff was bizarre, but very original. I liked that they took a lot of risks in the mechanical designs instead of just rehashing stuff. I respect that AGE tried the same thing with all the bad guy MS's as well.

Meanwhile, Seed just piled on Gundam after Gundam because they know those sell kits and toys. And the designs for many of the mechs felt extremely toyetic. I read an interview with Ookawara where he basically said he'd designed the mecha thinking of how they would translate to toy form, hence the more simplistic designs and transformations.

Meanwhile, the 00 stuff is very complex (though the main Gundams for season 2 obviously had simpler designs for animation purposes). That's the reason why most of the higher quality 00 stuff tends to follow the lineart fairly slavishly while the Seed stuff always seems to get radically redesigned. The Seed MGs and Metal Builds are radically different from the lineart in terms of proportions, detailing, etc.

The AGE Gundams are fairly bland, I do agree with you there, but I loved how each generation's Gundam was such an obvious homage to its UC counterpart. AGE-1 = RX-78-2, AGE-2 = Zeta, AGE-3 = ZZ, FX = Nu. I just dig the AGE-1. I think it's a beautiful modernization of the classic Gundam aesthetics. Same reason I love the 0 Gundam.

Don't understand the OO suit love, as a whole I find it only to be above AGE and Victory.

Though I will say I think G Bouncer was fucking awesome and AGE3 Normal could have been the best design in Gundam in the last 20 years if the didnt fuck it up.

Also loved Hexa Gundam and V1 is still great. sSao the highs for both AGE and Victory shit all over OO for me.

Dude you hate most of 00 anyways so that isn't a surprise.

Though saying Age and Victory over 00 on suit design is beyond most people.

CorvoSol

I'm going to respectfully disagree. The Victory and V2 are beautiful designs, and the Zanscare stuff was bizarre, but very original. I liked that they took a lot of risks in the mechanical designs instead of just rehashing stuff. I respect that AGE tried the same thing with all the bad guy MS's as well.

Meanwhile, Seed just piled on Gundam after Gundam because they know those sell kits and toys. And the designs for many of the mechs felt extremely toyetic. I read an interview with Ookawara where he basically said he'd designed the mecha thinking of how they would translate to toy form, hence the more simplistic designs and transformations.

Meanwhile, the 00 stuff is very complex (though the main Gundams for season 2 obviously had simpler designs for animation purposes). That's the reason why most of the higher quality 00 stuff tends to follow the lineart fairly slavishly while the Seed stuff always seems to get radically redesigned. The Seed MGs and Metal Builds are radically different from the lineart in terms of proportions, detailing, etc.

The AGE Gundams are fairly bland, I do agree with you there, but I loved how each generation's Gundam was such an obvious homage to its UC counterpart. AGE-1 = RX-78-2, AGE-2 = Zeta, AGE-3 = ZZ, FX = Nu. I just dig the AGE-1. I think it's a beautiful modernization of the classic Gundam aesthetics. Same reason I love the 0 Gundam.

Well let me specify a bit more: I find Victory's suits awful because I find Zanscare's suit's awful. The LM suits were whatever. Like, I think the V2 and its wings of light is okay, and I liked the Gun-EZs, but the Victory itself was pretty generic, I felt. It's not till the V2 that it gets a more defining characteristic than "Uso is really careless with its boots."

I don't hate Zanscare for the same reason I hate AGE. I should make that clear. While I feel that Victory's suits are almost as bad as AGE's, it's not for the same reasons at all. Everything in AGE felt uninspired, phoned in, and bland. Victory's designs were just ridiculous and wheelie after a certain point.

I really don't see how you can blast SEED suits for being "toyetic" but not AGE, since the AGE-1 is almost entirely based around "how many different booster packs can we sell for this suit?" Nevermind the sheer number of suits that that show rolled out.

I'm not the biggest fan of Destiny's side suit designs, but at least there was more to them than being stale recycles of UC Gundam mecha. So much of AGE just seemed to be "Well UC did it so it should be great again now!"

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah the ending executed
basically everyone
real well. I didn't like it for numerous reasons. I saw the English dub so I'm rewatching it in Japanese now to see if I can't change my opinion of it. Among the things I didn't like, though: Reccoa Londe's character falling apart; security on the Argama becoming a joke to the point where every episode some angsty teen stole a mecha until finally it got someone killed; Katz' pathetic feelings for Sarah; Katz; Sarah Zabiarov; the fact that nobody ever explained why Poptarts Sriracha was supposed to be so charismatic beyond "Oh he's a Newtype so it just makes him that way."; Poptarts in general; The huge "FUCK YOU FOR LIKING ANY ONE OF THESE CHARACTERS" that was the ending; that somehow the human race had decided that it was okay to bend over and take it from Char Aznable; that Char's character felt less and less like a character the more and more the plot placed focus on him; "Gravity weighing down souls" is still one of the stupidest ideas in Gundam; and to be honest, I kind of felt there was no need for Rosammy since we'd already seen her entire character arc with Four.

How much of that is fair I don't know, which is why I'm rewatching the show, to see if I can't change my opinion of it. It just felt that, as a rule of thumb, the cooler Kamille got, the worse the show got.

Idk man. That's just Gundam.

If you disliked Zeta for those reasons I don't know how you liked ZZ.

At least Zeta is consistent in tone.

glaurung

A quick gunpla related question, maybe someone can help me out.

Is there any site that features scanned master grade and real grade instruction manuals at a proper resolution?

I know that www.dalong.net has scans, but their quality is pretty iffy.

CorvoSol

Idk man. That's just Gundam.

If you disliked Zeta for those reasons I don't know how you liked ZZ.

At least Zeta is consistent in tone.

Well for starters I don't know that I'd agree with that. I mean, Zeta might've been consistent in tone, but its cast was definitely wasn't.

Also no single character in ZZ is as awful as Reccoa or Katz, so there was that.

Jaeger

I loved Gundam AGE-2 Dark Hound. And with SEED/SEED Destiny, it's the Master Grade/Metal Build/Non Kunio lineart that makes the designs shine. I still get goosebumps looking at Metal Build Destiny, who I otherwise think is insanely ugly. It's all about aesthetics.

Most of the 00 designs are brillaint. IMO, of course. Only a few mobile suits just don't look appealing to me at all, like Tierens. Digusting.

I don't mind Zanscare's stuff. I like a few too.

In my opinion Zanscare's mobile suits are a bit difficult to rate. I get the idea of them being insectoid in nature as their all workers trying to serve their queen and it is actually a pretty good idea. Then some bright spark in the army had this weird obsession with motorcycles and giant wheels which then snowballed into most of the Zanscare mobile suit army being fitted with giant wheels.

Also I would say if it wasn't for the humanoid front end, I would say that the Doggorla would actually have been a pretty good mech. I liked the eastern dragon look it had going on and the how the different sections detach from the main body.

Beth Cyra

Dude you hate most of 00 anyways so that isn't a surprise.

Though saying Age and Victory over 00 on suit design is beyond most people.
I also hate Zeta Gundam, Gundam SEED Destiny, and Build Fighters yet I have no problem recognizing why the designs in the shows are popular.

Its possible to hate the show and love designs man. That and I said OO is above both those series save select units. Sorry not everyone gets hot over everything OO or universally hates AGE or V.

CorvoSol

In my opinion Zanscare's mobile suits are a bit difficult to rate. I get the idea of them being insectoid in nature as their all workers trying to serve their queen and it is actually a pretty good idea. Then some bright spark in the army had this weird obsession with motorcycles and giant wheels which then snowballed into most of the Zanscare mobile suit army being fitted with giant wheels.

Also I would say if it wasn't for the humanoid front end, I would say that the Doggorla would actually have been a pretty good mech. I liked the eastern dragon look it had going on and the how the different sections detach from the main body.

My problem with Bubbletape was that it was supposed to be some big deal mech and that it could detach was somehow supposed to be its trump card.

Until the Victory sliced it in half in the direction it wasn't meant to split and promptly finished the battle in six minutes, because Mobile Armors are always have been and forever will be the shittiest of all.

Bubble tape mobile armor is the worst piece of shit ever made. Whenever I am reminded of Victory Gundam then that horrible abomination pops right into my mind.

On a more positive note - Ex Vs Full Boost has warmed me on many designs because of how much I like to use them in the game. Today I grew a liking to Destiny Gundam for example.

CorvoSol

Bubble tape mobile armor is the worst piece of shit ever made. Whenever I am reminded of Victory Gundam then that horrible abomination pops right into my mind.

On a more positive note - Ex Vs Full Boost has warmed me on many designs because of how much I like to use them in the game. Today I grew a liking to Destiny Gundam for example.

I've always had a soft spot for the Destiny, even though I loathe Shin. I mean, those little cuts below the eyes on its face-mask are rad, it has big ol energy wings that are pink, AND it can do a Shining Finger.

Ken

Destiny Gundam always had a pretty cool design to me; cool in a "this is really silly and extreme but it just works" kind of way.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Well for starters I don't know that I'd agree with that. I mean, Zeta might've been consistent in tone, but its cast was definitely wasn't.

Also no single character in ZZ is as awful as Reccoa or Katz, so there was that.

Glemy Toto is pretty much the same thing as Katz, except Sara somewhat reciprocated his feelings at least.

and Reccoa was a pretty consistent in her character arc. Likeable is another thing but I don't think you have to like every character in a show for it to be good. (I don't think the writers intended for Reccoa to come off as likeable or even sympathetic)

vs stuff in ZZ like Beecha and his bro joining the enemy and conspiring to kill Judau because he was jealous that Elle liked him.

and there being no consequences to this whatsover lol. They just come back like they never tried to kill anyone on the ship like mid show. On some "boys will be boys" type of shit.

While Roux steals Zeta once and Bright is ready to wash her hands of her.

ZZ can be fun, but of the 3 full length UC TV shows it's easily the weakest overall

CorvoSol

Glemy Toto is pretty much the same thing as Katz, except Sara somewhat reciprocated his feelings at least.

and Reccoa was a pretty consistent in her character arc. Likeable is another thing but I don't think you have to like every character in a show for it to be good. (I don't think the writers intended for Reccoa to come off as likeable or even sympathetic)

vs stuff in ZZ like Beecha and his bro joining the enemy and conspiring to kill Judau because he was jealous that Elle liked him.

and there being no consequences to this whatsover lol. They just come back like they never tried to kill anyone on the ship like mid show. On some "boys will be boys" type of shit.

While Roux steals Zeta once and Bright is ready to wash her hands of her.

ZZ can be fun, but of the 3 full length UC TV shows it's easily the weakest overall

What? Glemy's nothing like Katz at all. For starters Glemy's competent enough to pull off a coup d'etat. Katz runs into a goddamn rock after being warned about it.

And there was NOTHING consistent about what happened with Reccoa. Tomino didn't even TRY to justify that shit. It was literally "Oh I can't fuck Char Aznable well I'll completely betray everything I stand for to not fuck Poptarts while he stands around and also doesn't fuck Sarah." Reccoa was the worst.

And let's not forget that Zeta is the show that started all that shit on the Argama. HOW MANY TIMES can Fa, Sarah, Kamille and Katz steal mecha from the hangar and there be 0 repercussions for it?

ALL OF THE TIMES. Quite literally until it kills them.

And then Tomino just flips the table at the end of Zeta because he realizes he's stuck doing shit like repeating Four Murasame's arc forever and ever so he just wholesale slaughters the cast and then starts thinking up fates worse than death in an attempt to persuade people to stop watching.

So what if Beecha and Mondo tried to kill the crew? You know who else did that and got complete amnesty no questions asked here please let me suck your dick and beg you to lead the human race even though you're a rat bastard who manipulates friends to their deaths? Char Aznable. If guys who were out and out their enemies can get full on forgiveness and then promoted to "PLEASE WON'T YOU CONQUER US PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE" then I don't see how ZZ is worse off for sweeping two dumb teenagers under the rug.

Hell, Char fucks up negotiations with Haman Khan in a hilarious and amateurish way, costing millions of lives by prolonging the war and then they still turn around and ask the dude to lead humanity.

ZZ might not be the best written thing, but its crimes pale before the shit Zeta pulls and Zeta is still the one people worship.

May I also add that I really liked how they did the first episode to ZZ. In that it gave us a little recap of the events so far and even a bit of banter between Char and the kids. Plus it had a sort of full version of Anime ja Nai as the BGM to the ZZ character introductions which is never not a bad thing!

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Glemy's "competence" comes from the same place as Mashymre and Chara Soon's personality changes: Out of thin air

and even then he still dies simping out over Roux.

As for stealing ships, that's Gundam man. Like you forget Amuro was doing this before anyone.

Beth Cyra

I got to say, in indifferent to Paptimus, but seeing him called Poptarts is on of the best things ever.

I know when I play DWG Reborn every single time he sorties and talks I will think of this thread.

CorvoSol

Glemy's "competence" comes from the same place as Mashymre and Chara Soon's personality changes: Out of thin air

and even then he still dies simping out over Roux.

As for stealing ships, that's Gundam man. Like you forget Amuro was doing this before anyone.

Amuro stealing ships is very different from everyone in Zeta if for no other reason than Zeta came out years after MSG and shouldn't have been wasting its time using tired out concepts like that.

And I'd prefer a character change to come out of thin air than Reccoa's, which came out of the empty space between Poptarts Sriracha's legs. I will not now nor ever accept that Reccoa Londe's character change was in some way better than Mashmyre and Glemy's.

And honestly, if radical change to Katz's character meant he would've stopped being a bigger asshole than Mondo and Beecha combined, maybe that would've been for the better. At least Beecha and Mondo got their shit together at the end of the series. Katz ran into a rock and took infinitely better characters than himself with him.

Oh and let's not forget Four "I know we did this whole me-fighting-insanity thing 23 episodes ago but let's do it again!" Murasame. Or "Is it too soon to be referencing Four Murasame yet?" Rosammy. I mean at least Puru II was actually a clone. What the fuck was Rosammy's excuse?

Finally finished the Mobile Suit Gundam novelization. It was pretty good overall. I have some complaints, but I'll get to that.

First off, some stuff I noticed about Part 3.

The book begins with Gihren plotting to assassinate both Dozle and Kycillia using the Colony Laser, while also wiping out the Federation's forces centered around A Baoa Qu. There is some wonderful sections here and Gihren is given some great passages as he ponders the war, his role in it, and his thoughts on Zeon Deikun's philosophies.

The action then shifts back to the Pegasus 2, as it prepares for Operation Cembello, which is the codename for the Federation's assault on A Baoa Qu. Revil now has complete faith in the ship and wants to use it as the vanguard of the attack. Meanwhile, the crew of the Pegasus 2 begins to ponder what their newtype awakening will be like, and if the Federation will allow them to live normal lives after the war.

The main action of the story takes place during A Baoa Qu. The colony laser fires two shots. The first shot destroys 1/3rd of the Federation fleet. After that first shot, Amuro engages in combat with Challia Bull, who is pilotting the Braw Bro. Challia and Char have come up with a plan to end the war by teaming up with the Pegasus and going after Gihren. Challia attempts to contact Amuro, telling him of their plan, but he is unable to get through to Amuro because of Amuro's emotional state. Amuro ends up killing Challia, but realizes after he killed him what he was actually trying to do.

Meanwhile, Kai and Hayato go after Char. Char kills Hayato. It is right after that that Amuro figures out that Char is not the enemy. He tells Kai to stand down. He then tries to contact the Pegasus and tell them about Char's plan. But midcommunication, Amuro is shot down by a Rick Dom pilotted by Leroy Gilliam, a Newtype pilot in Char's unit.

Amuro has a "Lalah" moment where he contacts everyone he knows and tells them words of encouragement and farewell. Some people, he gives advice to. Char then boards the Pegasus. They go to Zum City, with Kycillia in her flag ship. They then hunt down Gihren. Kycillia, who is in the hand of Char's Rick Dom, then shoots Gihren in the groin with a laser riffle. Taking advantage of the opportunity, Char then flicks the wrist of his Rick Dom, knocking Kycillia off and killing her.

The story ends with a brief epilogue. Zeon negotiates an end to the war with the Federation. Degwin, who lived through the war, is dethroned and Zeon becomes a republic, led by Prime Minister Darcia Bakharov. Sayla moves back to Earth. Bright, Mirai and most of the crew of the Pegasus defect to Zeon, except Kai, who stays in the Federation forces.

There was a lot of good stuff in this book, and if you're a fan of the UC timeline, I recommend it because it's a pretty pure look at the world. Yeah, the events of the story are definitely NOT canon, but I think some of the themes will paint the setting in a different light.

What I liked about the book:
- The world building. The novel spends a lot of time developing the setting. You get an extended look at the history of the world, what society is like in the setting, how the characters feel about their own history and the war they're fighting in. How the war has twisted humanity. There is this idea that by the end of the war, just too many people have died for one side to just give up.
- Gihren Zabi. He has much more of a role in the story, and you get a better idea of what he's like. What his thought processes are. What his enemies think of him. What his subordinates think of him. Gihren himself has a great quote, when he's talking to Cecilia Irene, his secretary, where despite the fact that 1/2 of humanity is now dead because of this war, there are still more people alive then there was at the end of the 20th century. An utterly twisted view. At the same time, there is a scene where he is looking out over space, just admiring it and thinking about life. The book draws a lot of attention to how much he hates being compared to Hitler, and I think that scene in particular did a great job of painting him as more than just a mustache twirler. There is even some logic to his Colony Laser plan in the novel.
- The emphasis on Newtypes. If you hate Newtypes, this isn't the book for you. Such a large portion of the book is dedicated to philosophical ponderings on transhumanism, and what it would mean to be a newtype. There is this idea in the novel that the newtypes that are emerging through the war are not the same newtypes that Zeon Deikun philosophized. That the concept is being hijacked by those in charge for their own ambitions. Great stuff there. Yeah, Lalah is still portrayed as some sort of messiah figure in the story, but Amuro's other encounters with Newtypes such as Challia, Kusko Al (Both of which are my two favorite characters in the novel) show that just because two people are newtypes doesn't mean they can reach mutual understanding. There is this idea in the novel that Amuro might possibly be the "truest" newtype by the end of the story, due to his encounters with other newtypes, however that is hampered by his own youth naivety.
I also liked the idea that Amuro served as a "Lalah" to Leroy Gilliam, with Leroy having the same "My god, what have I done" moment that Amuro had. Some great stuff there.
- Dual protagonist nature of the story. Char is not the antagonist he was in the show. In fact, he's essentially the main character of the story. He shares that role with Amuro of course. The two have about as much "screen time" (for lack of a better phrase). Char and Amuro are portrayed as foils of one another, as does the Newtype units each commands. Because of this, you really get to see how their beliefs in their causes, as well as their thoughts on what it means to be a newtype, differ.
of course in the end, they both come to understand each other, if only briefly due to Leroy killing Amuro.
The conflict they have with each other is much different in the novel. In fact, it's almost non-existent. Neither particularly likes each other. Char perceives Amuro to be impulsive and overly emotional. Amuro blames Char for involving Lalah in the war. But there is a really telling scene.
After Amuro has sex with Sayla, she asks him to kill her brother. Even Amuro is like "That's fucked up that you would ask me to do that."
In the end, they both acknowledge that there is nothing really personal. They fight because they're in opposite factions, but if they weren't, they probably wouldn't fight each other.
- Slightly more realism. Minovsky interference is a very real threat in the novel.
in fact, Amuro is essentially killed because of it
I love how Minovsky interference is portrayed. It was always one of my favorite concepts in the shows, and here, it gets the proper emphasis on how it changed the battlefield that it should have gotten. Furthermore, MS combat is much more dialed back. The federation only has 3 MSes. The Gundam(s), the Guncannon and the GM. On the Zeon side, there is the Zaku and the Rick Dom. There are two mobile armors as well, the Elmeth and the Braw Bro. "Conventional" fighters are also utilized by both sides as well. In fact, one of the most interesting characters is a Cosmo Fighter pilot named McVery, who has a rivarly with the Pegasus's MS corps.

What I didn't like:
- Inconsistent tone. This is more of a problem at the beginning. Initially Tomino is trying to make the story more grounded then the anime. His writing comes across as dry early on. By the end of Part 1, and through the rest of the novel the story is basically a standard Gundam plot in terms of realism though.
- New Material vs Old Material. When the book is recreating moments from the show, it is at it's worst I feel. I think the moments that highlight this are Garma and Dozle's deaths. Both scenes were iconic moments in the original anime. Here they are kind of lame. Dozle's in particular is pretty boring, lacking all of the bravado it had in the show. I think that is why I liked parts 2 and 3 the most. Part 1 is mostly foundation. Most of the events in it are based on stuff from the show. Parts 2 and 3 are almost entirely new content and frankly, that is where I thought the novel became really good. New characters started coming forward, old characters (such as Ramba Ral (who is in charge of Gihren's Secret Service) and Chalia Bull are repurposed and are awesome now).

So yeah, I recommend it if you like Gundam. Yeah there are some Tomino moments
like when Amuro asks Sayla for a pubic hair amulet, or when Kusko Al pisses and shits herself during battle
, but they are few and far between.

Yeah there are some Tomino moments
like when Amuro asks Sayla for a pubic hair amulet

vHem6fW.jpg

One of the things I found most fascinating is that in the novel,
Degwin lives. It somehow seems fitting that he outlived all of his children. It's his punishment for his role in the war. His relationship with Gihren is also more interesting in the book. Much more animosity there. Plus, there is evidence that Degwin plays Kycilia against Gihren.

To be honest, all of the Zabis (save Garma and Dozle) are much more interesting in the book.

I hate the novel because Amuro went out like a chump and I just didn't like the characterization of the cast compared to the anime. It did have some nice moments though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom