• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Gundam Thread of Gunpla, Origins, and 35 Years of GUNDAMUUUU!

Status
Not open for further replies.

vareon

bUUGlM9.jpg

So glad I bought MG Turn A last week. I'll just have Turn A and Turn X (1/100 Sumo Gold) on my shelf and my gunpla collecting quest is complete.

I would have been okay with Shin if they didnt suck off Koji fans. Same issue with Kaiser.

Great and Grendizer both did new things and introduced new characters and allowed them to shine. Its sad how they buckled and just keep giving Koji new lead OP suits just because he was the original.

Kabuto Koji forevar. <3

That series is legendary, Great Mazinger and Grendizer just can't begin to compare.

Beth Cyra

Kabuto Koji forevar. <3

That series is legendary, Great Mazinger and Grendizer just can't begin to compare.

I would argue that Grendizer shits all over Z and more so that Koji is actually a better character in Grendizer then Z.

However regardless of which is better, they were great because they allowed new things. Just because I love Duke doesn't mean I want him to always be the lead and Shin Z and Kaiser should have given the suits to new pilots and not Koji.

CorvoSol

Kabuto Koji forevar. <3

Jun >Sayaka, though. I like Koji more than Tetsuya so far, but Jun is Best Girl.

Sort of?

To be the same, CCA would have needed to have brought back Poptarts, completely act like Kamile and Zeta wasn't good enough to kill him so they needed Amuro to get Nu Gundam and take care of the shit.

I dunno, I mean they don't bring back Sriracha, but they do completely derail Char's character into something it never was for the sake of giving a closure that Zeta rendered entirely unnecessary.

Beth Cyra

Jun >Sayaka, though. I like Koji more than Tetsuya so far, but Jun is Best Girl.

I dunno, I mean they don't bring back Sriracha, but they do completely derail Char's character into something it never was for the sake of giving a closure that Zeta rendered entirely unnecessary.

Jun is cool, but Maria Fleed is the best. Is equal to the guys, can pilot the lead suit and totally would school Koji in motorcycle riding.

As for CCA, that is why I said kinda. Still though, they don't activily disrespect a previous lead to do the Char thing, which is why I said you would need to have the Kamille and Zeta down grade to be equal to it.

Well I can't lie, I'm sad they decided on Z'Gok being the July release, was really hoping for another Gundam. Still though I will pick it up since I don't have another Z'Gok and I'm skipping Exia.

CorvoSol

Jun is cool, but Maria Fleed is the best. Is equal to the guys, can pilot the lead suit and totally would school Koji in motorcycle riding.

As for CCA, that is why I said kinda. Still though, they don't activily disrespect a previous lead to do the Char thing, which is why I said you would need to have the Kamille and Zeta down grade to be equal to it.

Well I can't lie, I'm sad they decided on Z'Gok being the July release, was really hoping for another Gundam. Still though I will pick it up since I don't have another Z'Gok and I'm skipping Exia.

Maybe not in-show but just about every where else they do. "Time for a new Gundam Musou! FUCK JUDAU WE NEED MOAR AMURO SO IT IS CCA TIME." "Time for a new Super Robot Wars game!" "FUCK JUDAU WE NEED MOAR AMURO SO IT IS CCA TIME."

Beth Cyra

Maybe not in-show but just about every where else they do. "Time for a new Gundam Musou! FUCK JUDAU WE NEED MOAR AMURO SO IT IS CCA TIME." "Time for a new Super Robot Wars game!" "FUCK JUDAU WE NEED MOAR AMURO SO IT IS CCA TIME."
Well CCA doesnt mean no Judau.

Gundam Musou and SRW are because of New Translation and shoe horning a billion SEED pieces in.

Still though I feel your pain. Z3 is fucking killing me. ZZ should have been in since Z2 but now they are skipping it entirely. Breaks my damn heart.

CorvoSol

Well CCA doesnt mean no Judau.

Gundam Musou and SRW are because of New Translation and shoe horning a billion SEED pieces in.

Still though I feel your pain. Z3 is fucking killing me. ZZ should have been in since Z2 but now they are skipping it entirely. Breaks my damn heart.

I dunno, it always feels to me that for some reason CCA means no ZZ. Like, it makes no sense at all to have Char go immediately from being Quattro to Lord of Neo Zeon, but for some reason nobody seems to like Judau, and Haman is forever stuck as Zeta Haman and not ZZ Haman with the awesome crown. And it kinda always seems like it's "Let's go from how cool Zeta was to how cool CCA "is"! Yeah Kamille! Yeah Amuro! Fuck you Judau. Like, shoot, including Unicorn in Shin Musou but not ZZ is the height of absurdity since ZZ characters appear in Unicorn.

Beth Cyra

OMG.

Yea, looks like I have to finally watch Turn A, and buy that and the Turn A MG, now.
I cant tell if its the Emotion fingers or swap from that picture damn it.

Given its size and price I hope its Emotion, but then they used swap on Strike RM which is the same size as 3.0 and on Geara Dog a which is a giant.

I cant tell if its the Emotion fingers or swap from that picture damn it.

Given its size and price I hope its Emotion, but then they used swap on Strike RM which is the same size as 3.0 and on Geara Dog a which is a giant.

By now every MG should come with the Emotion manipulators. It was stupid not having them on Strike RM and it's stupid to not have them now.

Didn't the Sinanju that they released after Sinanju Stein also come with swap hands? It's ridiculous!

Beth Cyra

By now every MG should come with the Emotion manipulators. It was stupid not having them on Strike RM and it's stupid to not have them now.

Didn't the Sinanju that they released after Sinanju Stein also come with swap hands? It's ridiculous!
No it came with the same hands as Ver KA. The OVA version is the same kit but they changed the type of plastic and the shade of red.

I agree on MGs coming with Emotions though. Fucking Proto Zero's hands are fucking garbage because the combo of swap hands and huge rifles.

Beth Cyra

Ugh, got a a better close up look at Turn X's hand and that looks scarily like Swap Hands. Exact same pose in every picture and the slight decline in the fingers looks almost exactly the same as the one used on stuff like Epyon/Tallgeese EW but just larger to fit with the suit.

I really hope this is wrong, Turn X is over 20m tall and this kit is well over 6k yen and should under no way be using swap fingers. Even more so when it only really has one hand, just give us the good one Bandai.

CorvoSol

Char's zgok is probably the only char suit I would never buy.

I don't think I'd ever put down for the Zeong or Rick Dias, either, honestly. Not because I think the Rick Dias is a bad suit, but more because if I'm gonna get a Char suit from Zeta why settle for less than the Hyaku Shiki?

Beth Cyra

I don't think I'd ever put down for the Zeong or Rick Dias, either, honestly. Not because I think the Rick Dias is a bad suit, but more because if I'm gonna get a Char suit from Zeta why settle for less than the Hyaku Shiki?
After having the Delta Plus and Delta Gundam I just cant get nearly as hype for the Shiki anymore.

The Zeong is classic
being one of the few non-Gundam suits to destroy a Gundam
, so I'd at least consider it. The Rick Dias is a great design, I think. However, I barely associate the Red one with Char, to be honest, since after Char gets his Hyaku Shiki, his wingmen pilot red ones too.

I think Max Scoville put it best.

Anonymous asked: Hey Max, what're your thoughts on the recently revealed Neo Zeong that's going to appear in the final Gundam Unicorn ep?

I haven’t seen it, but you could glue antlers to a Ford Fiesta and it’d be a better mecha design than the original Zeong. The Zeong and the Gyan look like bootleg Mexican piñatas based on vague descriptions of Zords from the later seasons of Power Rangers.
http://maxscoville.tumblr.com/post/78218029599/hey-max-whatre-your-thoughts-on-the-recently-revealed

CorvoSol

I dunno, I kinda liked the Gyan.

But the Zeong looks like a cheap rip-off legless Gundam years before Gundam AGE decided to make a cheap rip-off Gundam.

Who is Max Scoville?
A guy on the internet with (mostly) amusing opinions.
Also former Rev3 guy who probably got sick of Sessler and went to steer Destructoid into new amazing directions.

But really I think Zeong at least has something going for it while every cool thing about Gyan is nullified by that absolutely dumb looking head. You don't need legs in space. You don't need a dumb ugly head anywhere!

Jaeger

Finished 00 Season 2. Better than I remembered it. Satisfying conclusion to a very well made series.

The quality is very surpising. Not many, if any real dips in quality from episode to episode. Now, I'm watching Trailblazer for the second time, and I forgot about this awesome part;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m4GIC3pMKY

Dat Obari-sama goodness.

Turn A Gundam is next, on my list.

CorvoSol

In the Zakrello's defense it's a Mobile Armor. Can you blame it for looking like shit when it's just one in an endless line of shit designs? I mean, Mobile Armor.

CorvoSol

You're all wrong. They're going to announce Gundam Wing Frozen Tear Drop the Animation.

Just to prove they learned nothing during Build Fighters.

Beth Cyra

You're all wrong. They're going to announce Gundam Wing Frozen Tear Drop the Animation.

Just to prove they learned nothing during Build Fighters.

Had fan reaction been better, it may have come to pass but I doubt it.

If there was a third thing to go with Origin and SEED then I believe it would be OO.

Yes, I know you're not really serious about the Wing thing. Though I'm not sure how that would prove they didn't learn anything from Build. I've enjoyed the fights and stuff, but i do no want Gundam to focus on shit like Build going forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom