• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Gundam Thread of Gunpla, Origins, and 35 Years of GUNDAMUUUU!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
I'm not sure what Enzo bought, just commenting about how varied MG box size can be. So far the biggest box I ever saw was for The O, it even had a handle bar!
He bought 2 MGs I forgot the name. 1 was almost the size of 2 RG. But his parts were bigger and he got an extra set of parts. (I think)

CorvoSol

I had so much trouble even telling Emma and Reccoa apart early on, it's hard to imagine how there could be an appreciable difference in their ages.

All this time I assumed Emma was the same age as Kamille and Fa. Shoot, she had all that chemistry with Kamille, too. I assumed Capt. Henneken was sort of a creep for hitting on a teenaged girl.

Now I wonder who else is secretly older than I thought.

RG Destiny and HGUC Titanium Sinanju are coming my way I better watch out.

Also the MG Sinanju is in stock at HLJ for anyone interested. Would have taken that one but I cried when I saw the estimated shipping fees.

Beth Cyra

Also the MG Sinanju is in stock at HLJ for anyone interested. Would have taken that one but I cried when I saw the estimated shipping fees.

MG Sinanju is so damn beautiful. Easily the for me best villain suit and top 3 amazing looking model kits.

Ken

Did you get the Titanium Sinanju from HLJ too? I remember looking for one when I was getting my Titanium Unicorn Destroy but they were out of stock at the time IIRC.

Enron

Banned
Did you get the Titanium Sinanju from HLJ too? I remember looking for one when I was getting my Titanium Unicorn Destroy but they were out of stock at the time IIRC.

I got the titanium HG sinanju from hlj. had to wait several months. There's pics of it somewhere in this thread

Ken

I got the titanium HG sinanju from hlj. had to wait several months. There's pics of it somewhere in this thread

ah yeah i remember your pics. going to HK soon though so I might just wait till after that trip to make anymore gunpla purchases.

speaking of gunpla, MG rozen zulu when

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
He bought 2 MGs I forgot the name. 1 was almost the size of 2 RG. But his parts were bigger and he got an extra set of parts. (I think)
ONE MG, the MG Delta plus >=[

The other is HG Rebawoo, which seemingly comes with an extra pair of runners duplicated for the Bawoo.

Beth Cyra

I dont recommend the bawoo. Its a garbage kit. Is the rebawoo good though?

Rebawoo is a recolor in almost every way from what I could tell looking at the runners.

There are some new pieces, like all the weapons and the shield, but overall it's still largely the same kit as the Original Bawoo.

Jaeger

Alright gents, I decided on my Autumn Gunpla Venture, and what I need to get this going. The main kit that will get all the attention (and monies) will be the Master Grade Nu Gundam Ver. Ka.. I keep seeing all these absolutely wonderful Nu Gundam kits, and I'm just anxious to get my own super detailed kit going.

I'm going to practice on a few cheap MG kits, first though. I need to figure out which kits, however. Something with easy surfaces, and lots of color. Maybe a Zeon unit, and a Gundam. I need to learn the whole putty thing; creating those new lines and detailing in the kits. And I'm guessing I need to start grabbing metal bits for it, too. So in order of priority;

[MG] Nu Gundam Ver. Ka
[MG] Strike Gundam
[MG] Freedom Gundam
[MG] Frame Arms WEISHEIT0

I'm going all out for the Nu Gundam kit, doing my best impression of these two kits;

1k0Spkb.jpg
yEP6fcP.jpg

ZR7SBSH.jpg
BCj05Pw.jpg

The work that goes into this is incredible. Here are a few WIP/Comparison images;

I don't know where to start with changing the head (down to the shape) so much.

Finally made my Gunpla purchase list:

HG Gouf R35 - Because it's the best thing.
HG Unicorn Gundam - The green one. Because green.
SD Build Strike Gundam - For painting. SO MANY PANEL-LINES~
RG Char's Z'Gok - It's like a crab. That's just nice.
MG Build Strike/AGE Normal/RX-78-2 - Whichever one is less at the time of purchase.

I'll be ordering my MG and the SD next week, hopefully.

Ken

i want to acquire MGs of white base units, unicorn and banshee, and maybe a Nu this year. maybe a GM 2.0 too just cause.

I feel like crying in a corner.

While posing my Fenice for his new action base, his already-broken antenna snapped in half.
So... I had to turn him into a Green Wing Gundam.

My heart...
It hurts...

PhiLonius

Alright gents, I decided on my Autumn Gunpla Venture, and what I need to get this going. The main kit that will get all the attention (and monies) will be the Master Grade Nu Gundam Ver. Ka.. I keep seeing all these absolutely wonderful Nu Gundam kits, and I'm just anxious to get my own super detailed kit going.

I'm going to practice on a few cheap MG kits, first though. I need to figure out which kits, however. Something with easy surfaces, and lots of color. Maybe a Zeon unit, and a Gundam. I need to learn the whole putty thing; creating those new lines and detailing in the kits. And I'm guessing I need to start grabbing metal bits for it, too. So in order of priority;

[MG] Nu Gundam Ver. Ka
[MG] Strike Gundam
[MG] Freedom Gundam
[MG] Frame Arms WEISHEIT0

I'm going all out for the Nu Gundam kit, doing my best impression of these two kits;

The work that goes into this is incredible. Here are a few WIP/Comparison images;

I don't know where to start with changing the head (down to the shape) so much.

Good luck. Post progress/finished pics.

Jaeger

That one. Look at the shoulder pieces for example. Stuff like that isn't even in the box. Also the feet are longer and obviously the head looks miles better than the original.

Agreed. I would like to know what method he's using to mold the new pieces. In terms of sizes and dimensions, they are almost identical to the original pieces.

were-not-worthy-o.gif

NEO0MJ

I still can't believe that Bandai are hiding the HG Neo Zeong's
Psychoshard Generator
behind their store as an optional add-on, considering how important it was in the movie. What's crazy is that the SD kit includes it!

Ken

I still can't believe that Bandai are hiding the HG Neo Zeong's
Psychoshard Generator
behind their store as an optional add-on, considering how important it was in the movie. What's crazy is that the SD kit includes it!

them keeping banshee norn behind their store is even worse IMO. they can keep stuff like cureron and gilboa's geara zulus as exclusives but MG norn feels kind of gross, especially when the norn is arguably the more prominent variant of banshee in the OVA.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Finally made my Gunpla purchase list:

HG Gouf R35 - Because it's the best thing.
HG Unicorn Gundam - The green one. Because green.
SD Build Strike Gundam - For painting. SO MANY PANEL-LINES~
RG Char's Z'Gok - It's like a crab. That's just nice.
MG Build Strike/AGE Normal/RX-78-2 - Whichever one is less at the time of purchase.

I'll be ordering my MG and the SD next week, hopefully.
The Gouf looks SOOOOOOOOOOO good.

It would appear I'm developing my annual gunpla itch. Last year I ended up aborting halfway through weathering my MG Aile Strike, and I still have a HGUC Hazel Custom and Hi-Nu Gundam that I never got around to starting. I've been meaning to build the Hazel Custom for about three years now so maybe it's time.
QTacC00.png

Thinking of buying another MG, any suggestions for the more recent releases? I suppose I could take a quick peek at Rrobbert184's YouTube channel and see what's what.

Beth Cyra

It would appear I'm developing my annual gunpla itch. Last year I ended up aborting halfway through weathering my MG Aile Strike, and I still have a HGUC Hazel Custom and Hi-Nu Gundam that I never got around to starting. I've been meaning to build the Hazel Custom for about three years now so maybe it's time.
QTacC00.png

Thinking of buying another MG, any suggestions for the more recent releases? I suppose I could take a quick peek at Rrobbert184's YouTube channel and see what's what.

MG Gundam X, Sazabi Ver Ka, and Wing Gundam Proto Zero are all really great model kits that I can easily recommend.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
started building the RG freedom. this is the first gunpla ive ever built and i am already starting to see what i need to improve on next time.

the most annoying thing so far is nubs. i hate these nubs so much

i also damaged the cockpit. but you cant notice it cuz well... you can't see it. i hope.

I just finished watching all of Gundam Unicorn last night. Have been re-watching my Blu-Rays from the first episode onwards since last week, concluded last night with episode 7.

Marida Cruz is, without a doubt, my favorite character in the series, especially in regards to her relationship with Banagher and Captain Zinneman. It made me realize that Gundam series have had just as many great, strong female characters as they have had weak, stereotypical ones. For every Nina Purpleton, there's a Cima Garahau (the best character in 0083). Marida, Emma Sheen, Cima Garahau, Crowley Hamon, Haman Karn, Karen Joshua...so many truly great female characters in Gundam. I think Marida's jumped to the top of my list, though!

Blader

I just finished watching all of Gundam Unicorn last night. Have been re-watching my Blu-Rays from the first episode onwards since last week, concluded last night with episode 7.

Marida Cruz is, without a doubt, my favorite character in the series, especially in regards to her relationship with Banagher and Captain Zinneman. It made me realize that Gundam series have had just as many great, strong female characters as they have had weak, stereotypical ones. For every Nina Purpleton, there's a Cima Garahau (the best character in 0083). Marida, Emma Sheen, Cima Garahau, Crowley Hamon, Haman Karn, Karen Joshua...so many truly great female characters in Gundam. I think Marida's jumped to the top of my list, though!

Karen is really an underrated character.

Please tell me that's the Xi on the right.

Oh fuck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom