• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Gundam Thread of Gunpla, Origins, and 35 Years of GUNDAMUUUU!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blader

Actually that is exactly why Future Century has to be early.

Depending on how many times the Cycle happens it still has to be engaged with the Moonlight Butterfly and both units that have the ability have Dark Gundam cells inside.

From a pure tech expansion it's really only possible for AW to Merge one one of the other timelines. Wing Tech, SEED Tech, and OO Tech are all to highly advanced to just flow into one another because it wouldn't make sense with things that have been lost (Zero Systems, Plants, GN Drives and such) meaning Turn A or X needs to activate at the very least 4 times.

UC > AW > x > Moonlight. this one could be argued with AG going here since we see the RX-78-2, well a mythical gundam in the first Episode. if you drop the moonlight and stick AG here then it can work. However it doesn't explain the huge issues with Wing, SEED and OO.
x> Moonlight
x>Moonlight
x> Moonlight > CC

The manual for Turn X says that there was no invasion and all Wars had ended so we have no way to logically explain why Tech is continuing to vanish and makes the idea of a single use Moonlight Butterfly almost impossible.

If we are to believe that Moonlight Butterfly was only engaged 1 time and that Turn A is actually the Second Turn unit that was designed later in defense of X then it doesn't make sense for Turn A to have DG cells.

At this point it really doesn't matter I suppose. Most importantly I want to know what the hell Turn X truly looks like.

SEED, 00 and AGE throw a bunch of wrenches into the whole thing, but before those were included, the timeline that made the most sense imo was UC --> AW --> AC --> FC. Gundam X is basically a reset button that ends UC and sets the stage for Wing, which then advances into the really crazy shit seen in G, whose DG cells then carry over to Turn A/X.

At the end of the day, the most thought that Sunrise and Tomino seems to be giving it is UC > RC > CC, which is basically all I pay attention to anyway. How the rest of them fit into together is probably not that important to anyone with any say in the matter, especially with the line about history being open to interpretation and prone to fabrication.

Beth Cyra

SEED, 00 and AGE throw a bunch of wrenches into the whole thing, but before those were included, the timeline that made the most sense imo was UC --> AW --> AC --> FC. Gundam X is basically a reset button that ends UC and sets the stage for Wing, which then advances into the really crazy shit seen in G, whose DG cells then carry over to Turn A/X.

At the end of the day, the most thought that Sunrise and Tomino seems to be giving it is UC > RC > CC, which is basically all I pay attention to anyway. How the rest of them fit into together is probably not that important to anyone with any say in the matter, especially with the line about history being open to interpretation and prone to fabrication.

I can actually get behind your Timeline Blader.

My AC and FC can easily swap depending on what you want to view as the greater enhancement (mobile trace vs Zero System.) but overall I think this is fine.

Had Bandai left it as everything BEFORE Turn A happens then its not to bad. It's when they decided to add in AD, CE, and AG that it makes it nearly impossible to correct it.

RangerBAD

That's all I ever wanted it to be anyways. Stuff that actually connected to UC explicitly.

Covering themselves in case they change their minds.

51886309.jpg

CorvoSol

Amuro = Triforce of Courage
Char = Triforce of Power
Lacus = Wisdom

Timeline is as follows: Sayla gives Amuro her pubamulet and he lives: proceed to Wing, X, and G Gundam.

Sayla doesn't give Amuro her pubamulet and he dies, proceed to SEED, Destiny, 00, Victory and AGE. Where Kira is Amuro reborn/the son of Amuro and Sayla.

Alternate what if scenario where Amuro never asks for the pubamulet triggers a non-canon timeline of Stardust Memory, Zeta, ZZ, CCA, F91 and Crossbone.

Second alternate timeline in which that one Gunpla battle manga happens followed by the OVAs and then Build Fighters.

In the end Turn A unifies all timelines back into one. 79 years after Turn A a teenaged boy named Amuro Ray climbs into a Gundam and the whole thing starts over again.

Guys, guys. TENS OF THOUSANDS OF YEARS between UC and CC. Think about real life and what caves humans were living in 30,000 years ago and where we are now. A lot can happen during that time. No sense in trying to make everything fit together.

CorvoSol

Guys, guys. TENS OF THOUSANDS OF YEARS between UC and CC. Think about real life and what caves humans were living in 30,000 years ago and where we are now. A lot can happen during that time. No sense in trying to make everything fit together.

It's too late. Time Line theory has begun.

Blader

you'd think after the first thousand years of space colonies and mobile suits, the earth would be completely stripped of resources. Not to mention all the colony and asteroid drops.

Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam - 32:
What the hell? Why is
Reccoa so "head-over-heels" with
purple dude?
He touched her shoulder.
That's it.

How stupid can this subplot get? Damn. And the show was actually pretty neat until this junk. :/

CorvoSol

Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam - 32:
What the hell? Why is
Reccoa so "head-over-heels" with
purple dude?
He touched her shoulder.
That's it.

How stupid can this subplot get? Damn. And the show was actually pretty neat until this junk. :/

Because Poptarts is a magical space girlomancer.

(Also this subplot gets much dumber. Reccoa is the second worst character in Zeta.)

CorvoSol

UUUUUUUUUUUUUGH.

Yay, you're back! :D
Also, fuck. Well, does this show just get worse?

Well that's hard for me to say. The first time through the show I felt that yes, Zeta Gundam got much, much worse from there. The second time through I felt that there would still be some great things from that point onward.

Unless we're JUST talking about Reccoa, and then yes, she gets way worse from there.

CorvoSol

Jovian Swag™ >>>>

Pretty sure this is true. Dudes go to Jupiter to get that swag. I mean, Chalia Bull had it, Paptimus had it, Judau went to go get it, and Tobia picks it up on accident while he's there.

Not that Tobia needed it, since he's Motha Effin' Tobia Arronax.

Beth Cyra

All male Newtypes are chick magnets. It's true. But they also have the inability to commit generally too.
Which makes you wonder how Wufei is the way he is given he was a new type right up until before launch.

Fun fact at one time Wufei was also considered to being Black.

CorvoSol

I'm pretty sure the only thing Wufei is is a world class douchebag.

ZZ Gundam 22

In which Haman Khan uses her incredible psychic powers to activate a teenage boy's boner in the hopes of making him her slave.
One second more and it would've worked, but Zeon soldiers being what they are, her men came in at the exact wrong moment and ruined everything.

Because Poptarts is a magical space girlomancer.

(Also this subplot gets much dumber. Reccoa is the second worst character in Zeta.)

Lol Poptarts. Who names someone Paptimus Scirocco?

Also the whole plot revolving around his character is pretty anti-climatic in my opinion since (spoilers)
Neo Zeon comes back and Haman Karn steals the spotlight. Plus Scirocco's end game was pretty weak considering how much buildup to his character he had.

RangerBAD

Lol Poptarts. Who names someone Paptimus Scirocco?

Also the whole plot revolving around his character is pretty anti-climatic in my opinion since (spoilers)
Neo Zeon comes back and Haman Karn steals the spotlight. Plus Scirocco's end game was pretty weak considering how much buildup to his character he had.

Tomino shows always have funny named characters.

Marvel Frozen
Shott Weapon
Keen Kiss

That's just from Dunbine alone. Everyone always explicitly says people's full names too in a lot of shows.

Beth Cyra

Part of me wants it really bad, but the other part wonders why the Shining Gundam would ever need guns.

Sining Gundam has always had Guns, he has the Vulcans.

Beyond that Shining Finger Sword and Shining Finger have limits, to be more effective in a combat with multiple living fighters in a ranged scenario it would much better for him to have a beam rifle.

CorvoSol

Sining Gundam has always had Guns, he has the Vulcans.

Beyond that Shining Finger Sword and Shining Finger have limits, to be more effective in a combat with multiple living fighters in a ranged scenario it would much better for him to have a beam rifle.

Vulcans barely count. I'm talkin' like big ol' Guns. Besides, Domon used the Shining Gundam to fight the Gun Totin' Royal Gundam no prob. It just seems so at odds with the Shining Gundam's motif and use.

The real answer is because you can never have enough weapons, I guess.

Beth Cyra

Vulcans barely count. I'm talkin' like big ol' Guns. Besides, Domon used the Shining Gundam to fight the Gun Totin' Royal Gundam no prob. It just seems so at odds with the Shining Gundam's motif and use.

The real answer is because you can never have enough weapons, I guess.

Again Tournament setting Shining can easily survive and thrive without a large Beam Rifle.

You stick Shining in an actual Battlefield with a Strike Freedom, Destiny, 78-2, Wing Zero, and DX then it becomes much more of a problem.

All it takes is him using Shining Finger and he is completely open because it's a single unit attack that is Melee. To keep himself up and going and give himself breathing room a ranged attack is going to be needed.

RangerBAD

Again Tournament setting Shining can easily survive and thrive without a large Beam Rifle.

You stick Shining in an actual Battlefield with a Strike Freedom, Destiny, 78-2, Wing Zero, and DX then it becomes much more of a problem.

All it takes is him using Shining Finger and he is completely open because it's a single unit attack that is Melee. To keep himself up and going and give himself breathing room a ranged attack is going to be needed.

Domon could Kung Fu past all of it.

Beth Cyra

Domon could Kung Fu past all of it.

Domon is skilled, incredibly so, and maybe the single best fighter of all the pilots.

However Domon can not read minds, he can not predict the future and it doesn't matter how skilled he is God and Shining Gundam can not teleport away from an attack that can move the earth off it's Axis if he is in the center of it's explosion.

CorvoSol

I dunno. God Gundam survived in the Battle Royale AND did just fine during the fights against the Devil Gundam, and it isn't like the Devil Gundam was often a singular target. Numerous times there were Gundam Heads everywhere and Domon still managed to get away from them.

Shining and God were developed for the Gundam fight, yes, but that doesn't mean they aren't weapons capable of survival on a battlefield. Let's not forget that there was also the battles against the Death Army in Japan. Near as I can tell the God Gundam has done just fine, and if anything GBF kinda suggests that having a rifle is pointless since Sei's rifle and shield were almost always the first things to get blown up.

NEO0MJ

and if anything GBF kinda suggests that having a rifle is pointless since Sei's rifle and shield were almost always the first things to get blown up.

Because taking them away right from the start gives the opponent an advantage. Too bad Build could just go RG on you.

Kwixotik

My first model is here! Unfortunately, my tools aren't. Most stuff comes tomorrow, but x-acto blade is Thursday, and I'm not sure when the topcoat is supposed to get here. Wish I could start on it now, I'm excited.

Now that it is available in it's entirety, I've decided to go back and marathon Gundam Unicorn.

Such a wonderful soundtrack. Probably one of the best in the franchise.

There is definitely a quality drop off once they get to Earth. Episodes 1-3 are definitely the best, but 4-7 are all still fantastic.

Riddhe isn't so bad in marathon mode. Haven't to wait a year between episodes of dwelling on his butthurt probably made people dislike him.

Banagher is really only insufferable in Episode 4. Before and after that, he's pretty cool IMO. My problem is he almost becomes Kira-like in terms of perfection. Luckily the show didn't go on long enough to let that happen fully take place.

They really should have elaborated more on FF.

My first model is here! Unfortunately, my tools aren't. Most stuff comes tomorrow, but x-acto blade is Thursday, and I'm not sure when the topcoat is supposed to get here. Wish I could start on it now, I'm excited.

First kit is an AGE kit? Why did you pick that one, if you don't mind me asking? BTW, if you like AGE suits, check out the HG G-Exes. It's pretty nice.

I recommend getting a pair of these:

tool22.jpg

Use them to remove the pieces from the tray.

Kwixotik

First kit is an AGE kit? Why did you pick that one, if you don't mind me asking? BTW, if you like AGE suits, check out the HG G-Exes. It's pretty nice.

I recommend getting a pair of these:

tool22.jpg

Use them to remove the pieces from the tray.

Well, I wanted an HG kit to save money and I also wanted something that looked classic for my first, but wouldn't be too boring-looking. Did some research and found the AGE-1 which is also supposed to be one of the better HG kits overall, so it seemed like a good choice. I got these for cutting + xacto knife + high grit sandpaper + black GM01 for lining + a spudger tool (don't even know what that thing is for, was just told to get it lol). Hopefully that's enough resources to do a decent job even with my inexperience lol. I'm mostly worried about sanding and panel lines.

And yeah, that kit looks pretty nice. I'll definitely put it on my list of potential future purchases.

RangerBAD

Now that it is available in it's entirety, I've decided to go back and marathon Gundam Unicorn.

Such a wonderful soundtrack. Probably one of the best in the franchise.

There is definitely a quality drop off once they get to Earth. Episodes 1-3 are definitely the best, but 4-7 are all still fantastic.

Riddhe isn't so bad in marathon mode. Haven't to wait a year between episodes of dwelling on his butthurt probably made people dislike him.

Banagher is really only insufferable in Episode 4. Before and after that, he's pretty cool IMO. My problem is he almost becomes Kira-like in terms of perfection. Luckily the show didn't go on long enough to let that happen fully take place.

They really should have elaborated more on FF.

I really like Toshihiko Sahashi's music in general, so I'd have to say I prefer SEED and Destiny despite any narrative issues.

And, yeah, I came looking for the Gundam OT when I finished watching Unicorn and mostly just in regards to FF. You might have remembered me posting with a lot of spoiler black three or so weeks back. I was left pretty confused. lol

Well yeah, but I mean, wouldn't it work out the same for a Build Shining? Rifle gets exploded and it's time for Shiny Fingers.

Realistically, Shining and God Gundam should have an advantage in Build Fighters because all the important fights end up in hand to hand. Am I right?!

1015.gif

Beth Cyra

Well yeah, but I mean, wouldn't it work out the same for a Build Shining? Rifle gets exploded and it's time for Shiny Fingers.

No because it wouldn't work for Sei and Build outside of the heavy use of Plot Armor.

If we take the suit and put it in the battle royal scenario with real people and not mindless Death Drones then things become much harrier.

In fact Build Fighters does address this very thing, just not with Build Strike. In the Battle Royal we see Build Strike getting its ass kicked by Epyon, it wasn't really able to stop it but because of Epyon being Melee only it was simple to shoot it down the moment it lost all it's support.

PhiLonius

Well, I wanted an HG kit to save money and I also wanted something that looked classic for my first, but wouldn't be too boring-looking. Did some research and found the AGE-1 which is also supposed to be one of the better HG kits overall, so it seemed like a good choice. I got these for cutting + xacto knife + high grit sandpaper + black GM01 for lining + a spudger tool (don't even know what that thing is for, was just told to get it lol). Hopefully that's enough resources to do a decent job even with my inexperience lol. I'm mostly worried about sanding and panel lines.

And yeah, that kit looks pretty nice. I'll definitely put it on my list of potential future purchases.

The HG 144 AGE-1 is actually the last kit I bought and it's a real sturdy piece of work and poses really well.

Should be a good kit for your first build.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom