• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Gundam Thread of Gunpla, Origins, and 35 Years of GUNDAMUUUU!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blader5489 said:
I wouldn't mind seeing Crossbone, but I have a feeling a lot of people clamoring for a Crossbone anime aren't aware of how stupid the source material actually is.
Oh it's nowhere near the attempted seriousness of the other UC series. In fact, far from it. But I think that's why I like it because it's so damn silly. Monkeys controlling mobile suits, mang. Steel Seven is probably the series' closest attempt at being somewhat serious in the same vein as the rest of the UCs.

err...how? Unicorn mechs are all evolved from Zeta/ZZ/CCA era designs...which fits the time period exactly.

It also has the smaller SNRI mobile suits, in which they eventually led into F91 which was SNRI sourced, let alone the continuation of the psychoframe tech in the Unicorn that stemmed from CCA.

Blader

I don't remember seeing any miniaturized suits in Unicorn (yet?) but those Loto tanks are the predecessor to the Guntank from F91, which is another cool little continuity nod.

Unicorn fits much better into the UC timeline than, say, 0083 -- in pretty much every way. :lol

Blader5489 said:
I don't remember seeing any miniaturized suits in Unicorn (yet?) but those Loto tanks are the predecessor to the Guntank from F91, which is another cool little continuity nod.

Unicorn fits much better into the UC timeline than, say, 0083 -- in pretty much every way. :lol
Yeah, I was pretty much talking about the Loto. Forgot what the name was. And it has the Delta Plus mang. Can't be mad about that.

ultron87

So say what you will about the 00 movie, but I adore the scene where
Setsuna shows up to the final battle in the 00 Qan[T] and everyone clears a path for him.

The stellar animation, the great music (this song) and all the ridiculous tricks the Gundams pull out make it an incredibly entertaining action scene to watch.

Rest of the movie? *shrug*

gunther

Just watched the original gundam series in its movie format. I want to continue with Z but should i go tv series format or just watch the movies?

gunther said:
Just watched the original gundam series in its movie format. I want to continue with Z but should i go tv series format or just watch the movies?
TV. The movies are somewhat of an abortion in comparison, especially with the constant switching of art styles.

Blader

ultron87 said:
Setsuna shows up to the final battle in the 00 Qan[T] and everyone clears a path for him.

The stellar animation, the great music (this song) and all the ridiculous tricks the Gundams pull out make it an incredibly entertaining action scene to watch.

Yeah, I loved that whole sequence too.
When Setsuna tries and fails to cut into the ELS moon, and you hear Graham yell out "SHONEN!"...so sweet. :lol

donkey show said:
TV. The movies are somewhat of an abortion in comparison, especially with the constant switching of art styles.

I agree that TV is the way to go for a first-time viewer, but I actually like the movies more than the series. A lot of nice new animation and a lot less of the annoyances of the tv series.

MCD

ultron87 said:

Movie rocked.

00 is one of the best thing to come out of Gundam.

Real talk.

MCD said:
Movie rocked.

00 is one of the best thing to come out of Gundam.

Real talk.
oFjBD.jpg

Still want that GAR version of 00 to come out as an OVA or something. So good.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Is there a good site that has updates on new gunpla (scans, pictures) ? I used to read Ngee Khiong but that shut down.

Blader

B.K. said:
It's March now. Isn't the next Gundam project supposed to be announced this month?

Supposedly. But Okawara never said the announcement was about a tv series. It could be a game or something.

Blader

So apparently there's a rumor going around 2ch that since one of Unicorn's producers just recently revealed that the OVA will only cover up to volume 8 of the novels, they'll announce a movie that'll cover the last two volumes to cap off the series.

Deadly

Blader5489 said:
So apparently there's a rumor going around 2ch that since one of Unicorn's producers just recently revealed that the OVA will only cover up to volume 8 of the novels, they'll announce a movie that'll cover the last two volumes to cap off the series.
How many volumes does one OVA episode cover? Movies tend to take an eternity to release =/

HBroward

The new episode was amazing. It's only 480 MS points from the Zune Store. I chose to download it rather than stream it, the file was 4.31GB. I hadn't watched any of them with the english audio, but it was a lot better than I expected. I am a fan of the credit sequence in particular. I can't wait for the bluray and all the BD-Live content.

Blader

Deadly said:
How many volumes does one OVA episode cover? Movies tend to take an eternity to release =/

Episode 1 = vol. 1 and 2
Episode 2 = vol. 3 and the beginning of 4
Episode = rest of vol. 4 and 5

And it sounds like the remaining three episodes will each cover one volume.

_dementia said:
I really don't like the use of marker here. Really exhaustive collection though!
He only uses that much marker when he reviews kits so you can see the panel lines. His actual display models are pretty good.

Troidal

Some dialogues feel a bit cringeworthy (
"I am asking you from one man to another, will you hold my promise?" eehhh....ok
), and what happens towards the end half is very generic anime(
Someone dies...and then HE AWAKENS!
), but it still awesome haha.

Deadly

Troidal said:
Some dialogues feel a bit cringeworthy (
"I am asking you from one man to another, will you hold my promise?" eehhh....ok
), and what happens towards the end half is very generic anime(
Someone dies...and then HE AWAKENS!
), but it still awesome haha.
It's Gundam dude, I expect no more of it :lol

Blader

Oh fuck, that was awesome.
R.I.P. Daguza...even though you could tell it was coming ever since the trailer, it still shocked me and brought out the man tears :lol

donkey show said:
It's anime in general, heh. Episode 3 was sexy though. Loved seeing the Dreissen back in animated form. :3

Quite a lot of ZZ shout outs in this ep.

Blader5489 said:
Oh fuck, that was awesome.
R.I.P. Daguza...even though you could tell it was coming ever since the trailer, it still shocked me and brought out the man tears :lol
I had to salute that too. Shit was manly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom