• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Gundam Thread of Gunpla, Origins, and 35 Years of GUNDAMUUUU!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CorvoSol

ZZ was one my first gundam show, I got into it because of the comedy and "young people having fun in war" You have a long road ahead of you.

Pretty sure the episodes he just watched include
Leina's death
which means the light hearted aspects of the show have been considerably pulled back.

Yo, PaulExcellent! Silent Voice: Great OP or what?

Reknoc

anime ja nai > silent voice

I pretty much hated everything about the first half, which kinda ruined the second half, but anime ja nai is the best.

Now to wait for an Andrew WK cover.

Wubby

We're getting some new S2 Build Fighters info on the 17th at 12pm Japan time via the official website.

Latest image from Build Fighters twitter:

Also the HG Zeta Plus kit that just came out last Saturday has been recalled for mold errors. I saw them in the shop but didn't pick one up yet... was waiting for the free HG weapons campaign to start this week before buying it. Shops are pulling them off the shelf though now. Wonder if my shop still has it up though. Might go see tomorrow...

RangerBAD

There aren't a whole lot of OP/ED in Gundam series that I don't like, so you guys are all crazy. Silent Voice and Anime Ja Nai are both awesome.

CorvoSol

There aren't a whole lot of OP/ED in Gundam series that I don't like, so you guys are all crazy. Silent Voice and Anime Ja Nai are both awesome.

It's true, even shows I don't like so much tend to have pretty great OPs. At times the OP is better than the show itself, like Stardust Memory.

Beth Cyra

WTF!!!! People are hating on Anime Ja Nai? These heathens make those who choose Lacus over Haman look good.

On a not revolting note, RG Exia Trans Am just arrived.

Sadly I can't start on it until I finish at least 3 games.

RangerBAD

WTF!!!! People are hating on Anime Ja Nai? These heathens make those who choose Lacus over Haman look good.

On a not revolting note, RG Exia Trans Am just arrived.

Sadly I can't start on it until I finish at least 3 games.

No, they're not. Some people don't like Silent Voice though.

It's true, even shows I don't like so much tend to have pretty great OPs. At times the OP is better than the show itself, like Stardust Memory.

No way. The song is great and so is the OVA.

CorvoSol

I'll never forgive Stardust Memory for having Nina Purpleton's revolving door of romantic allegiance and Kou Uraki's hatred of the Lord's Vegetable.

RangerBAD

Someone needs to gif the Matilda boob bounce in Gundam-san.

n2XmhDB.jpg

Dom panty shot.

Kai asks Amuro: Would you still like Matilda if she didn't have big boobs?

Jomjom

Banned
ZZ was one my first gundam show, I got into it because of the comedy and "young people having fun in war" You have a long road ahead of you.

----------------------------------------

So while running through a bunch of old boxes I found 5 SD Gundam from my middle/high school years 15 years ago (fuck human aging). They survived surprisingly well under a bunch of heavy books.

I think I found my next goal after I finish my MG Gundam, I going to disassemble all of them, fix/sand all the nodes, and repaint all of them. Not going to add any details in the paints, I really really hate masking tapes. Hopefully I can someway remove and reuse the stickers.

Here's one of them:

I always knew I had no talent in panel lining :( Yes they are painted with marker, the one from 99c stores.

Gunpla modellers never admit that. We just call it "weathering".

So I just watched the first two episodes of Gundam-San.

Gundam SEED Character theatre seems very tame compared to this. At least that didn't open with Char doing a naked dance.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Gunpla modellers never admit that. We just call it "weathering".

I remember that when I post my next paint job. Currently testing out the Vallejo grey primer, whichever youtube video claim that I need 3-4 layers lied. I brush on at least 6, and it still look pretty transparent. 3 hours spent just priming the accessories, I am starting to miss those super thick can primer already.

So I'm at this manga place in London and aside from selling Bible Black figures next to the Gunpla, almost everything here is Seed and they're selling an HG Dynames for £30.

*brightslap.gif*

NEO0MJ

Today I decided that I needed a Char Z'Gok.
Is there anyone here that has build the MG?
How about the RG?

I need this thing in my life.

The original Z'gok is something of an old kit, though not too old to be a problem, I think. Go for it if you want a large and more tv-accurate kit. Still, the new RG Z'Gok looks so nice...

Plus, it's more flexible.

That's so byutifl.

I have to make a choice between getting Real Grade models of all series I've watched, or getting all kinds of HG models. That Z'Gok makes me lean towards RG kits, but I'm still not sure.

Wubby

RG Z'gok is out this Friday. I've been looking forward to this one. Saw it at the Shizuoka show and thought it looked great.

Wonder what the next RG will be... As long as it's not something from Seed I'll be happy.

NEO0MJ

RG Z'gok is out this Friday. I've been looking forward to this one. Saw it at the Shizuoka show and thought it looked great.

Wonder what the next RG will be... As long as it's not something from Seed I'll be happy.

Probably regular Z'Gok :p
Though more seriously I doubt we'll see anything from Seed as all the popular suits have been made, other than Infinite Justice and Impulse. Personally I think we'll get either ZZ or 00.

have fun building RG z'gok

you have no idea of the hell that awaits ye

Maybe they finally figured out a way to have them not spontaneously break when building?

Beth Cyra

Probably regular Z'Gok :p
Though more seriously I doubt we'll see anything from Seed as all the popular suits have been made, other than Infinite Justice and Impulse. Personally I think we'll get either ZZ or 00.

Maybe they finally figured out a way to have them not spontaneously break when building?
With Rouge out of the way I could see them sneakingin Astray Red/Blue.

However I doubt it would be the fall release. November's is almost assuredly OO, ZZ, or Shiki. I guess they could hit us with Nu if they wanted an Amuro release but I doubt it.

Wing might hit for the 20th Ann next year like the MG hit on the 15th.

Beth Cyra

I dont think we will either.

However Hi-v's release is odd. That kit you'd think would be a Nov or Dec release yet the stuck it in August. So who knows what they will do as far as Nov big RG goes.

I was under the impression Hi Nu MG was already a Katoki joint. Looking forward to the Ka version! It's probably going to be way sturdier than the older MG Hi Nu if the 2012 Nu Ver. Ka is anything to go by.

raven777

Proportions are a vast improvement over the previous release. They have really been doing a great job with these ver. Ka releases lately.

both Nu gundam and Sazabi ver. Ka were fantastic kits so I never really had too much doubt. But I must say the initial reveal was very disappointing. Glad the final version looks great.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Anyone had experience with brush on primer? Does primer have to be flat and fill in all the surface area?

I brushed 3 layers of thinned primer on my pieces, it still look a bit transparent, some cloudy spot, and I still see some brush mark. Should I just move on and paint the main color? Or continue to lay the primer till it is perfect?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom